Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 aMAYzing Gift Exchange ~ DONE :)

Comments

• suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited May 2019
    equuest wrote: »
    And now the launcher isn't letting me log in :s

Usually, clearing Internet Explorer cache will fix that for you. I know you likely don't use it, but the game does, and I have to clear mine occasionally. If you have Windows 10, you can find it under Windows Accessories.

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • equuestequuest Posts: 718 Member
    Whew, that was a struggle! Anyway, @LMC6255 here is your gift!! I hope it was worth the wait :)

When you mentioned that you liked Victorian houses, I knew that's what I had to build for you as they're one of my favorites also. Here is Daisy Victorian! It's a 3 bedroom and 2.5 bathroom house. You also mentioned that you liked the Provence set, so I figured that a shabby chic interior would suit the style of the set.

Download: Daisy Victorian

drihZet.jpg
    Garden:
    CB8ewVZ.jpg

Secret Garden inspired backyard:
    YDU3mtF.jpg

Office:
    Ey1ZTqz.jpg

Living Room:
    7MAX23T.jpg

And my favorite, the kitchen!
    Tbvgk0t.jpg

I'll leave the rest as a surprise so you can look around! :) I hope that you enjoy it.
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Whew, that was a struggle! Anyway, @LMC6255 here is your gift!! I hope it was worth the wait :)

When you mentioned that you liked Victorian houses, I knew that's what I had to build for you as they're one of my favorites also. Here is Daisy Victorian! It's a 3 bedroom and 2.5 bathroom house. You also mentioned that you liked the Provence set, so I figured that a shabby chic interior would suit the style of the set.

drihZet.jpg
    Garden:
    CB8ewVZ.jpg

YDU3mtF.jpg

Office:
    Ey1ZTqz.jpg

Living Room:
    7MAX23T.jpg

Tbvgk0t.jpg

I'll leave the rest as a surprise so you can look around! :) I hope that you enjoy it.

its awesome.

drihZet.jpg
    Garden:
    CB8ewVZ.jpg

YDU3mtF.jpg

Office:
    Ey1ZTqz.jpg

Living Room:
    7MAX23T.jpg

Tbvgk0t.jpg

i read something someone posted about clearing searches so now you have a rec, i wish i saw it earlier cause my recs are behind.
    suzses wrote: »
    And now the launcher isn't letting me log in :s

Usually, clearing Internet Explorer cache will fix that for you. I know you likely don't use it, but the game does, and I have to clear mine occasionally. If you have Windows 10, you can find it under Windows Accessories.

you hel :) ped me.

I'm glad :)

My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    @equuest Such a pretty Victorian. I love the kitchen, too . . . and the chair at the computer . . . and I would have never thought to use a print on the Antique Leather Couch, but it looks great that way. The patio with the tea set is lovely, too.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread

I'm glad :)

i can rec again but still don't have download privleges.
    @friendsfan367 Do you have Sims 3 games registered on the account you're trying to use? And are you logged in- or can you log in - on the launcher so both places are using the same account? Just trying to think of possible things that might cause that.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    Time to play catch up!

@Ciane, I'm amazed at your ability to follow plans so well! Harvast Moon is another great Asian themed lot and looks about as close to the picture as you can get! It's nice that Tian Xia and To Mi showed us a closer look. The Iwami House looks great, too. I can see why you might think that you'd have some routing issues as the house does look a bit narrow. But 1 - 4 sims should fit in okay, I think.

@ADWilson, I'm so glad you managed to download this gift and share some pictures for me! o:)@SamelaRita, Peterson's Boardwalk looks like such a fun place to hang out! I love the cute little touch of having the plush horses out front and I see that there's lots of fun things to do on the inside and you've even created a kiddie area! Yess!
    ADWilson wrote: »
    The home maintenance issues might have been annoying while you were trying to test the lot and take pictures but it adds a bit of unique history to this quirky place.
    I agree! It's got a small town or downtown looking charm to it, so having some lower end objects makes it fit in, maybe? Or at least, it comes with a few surprises! :p

I do hope your daughter's feeling better!

Salvadore Felipe Fissure sounds like he has the best job ever making $94 per hour as a "book club moderator" :smirk: But, clearly, his life's calling is somewhere else working on construction. I'm sure the fixer upper lot will be a wild success!

19 Prissy Place should be renamed 'Prissy's Palace!' :mrgreen:

@Suszes, Isla Paradiso is such a beautiful world and La Valeriana Roja is STUNNING. I am going to plop this down so fast . . . I'm looking at it and just thinking, THIS is what I WISH I could've captured on the inside of my "problem build!"

@MsPrissy88, I am so sorry to hear that. Please, take all the time you need and make the most of it.

@Kgaff, Scandia is a wonderful lot. I love the textures you chose, how sleek and sharp all the colors are and even the modern furniture. All that and it still looks cozy!

@AlphaFen, Magda Rossi sounds like quite a character and fun to play. :lol:>:)

@Jessabeans, Tudor Revival looks perfectly aged.

@Hidehi, oh, I'm loving all this tropical themed stuff coming in this exchange. You and Suszes are killing it! Love all the vegetation and the outdoor light placements are PERFECT.

@equuest, what can I say? It's gorgeous and, like I've said on the other website, you've got the shabby chic look down pat!

@Mmdrgntobldrgn I love, love, love your Leif family story, the sims themselves, the wolf dogs, the rustic charm of their farm (both versions) - just all of it.

It appears yesterday was wolf dog day! @DinoJr I just love the expression on Quinn's face and Mango ain't bad looking either. I intend to find a home for them in my game. Nicely done.

Sigh. I thought I knew exactly what I still needed to catch up on, but now I have myself all confused. :o I made a few spur of the moment comments today, some here, some over with the uploads, and perhaps a few just in my head. :p I'll have to sort it all out tomorrow because it's past my ability-to-have-a-coherent-thought time of day.

My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    @friendsfan367 Do you have Sims 3 games registered on the account you're trying to use? And are you logged in- or can you log in - on the launcher so both places are using the same account? Just trying to think of possible things that might cause that.

since my games are all registered to my broken page but there i'm slowly downloding them from orgin.............for nothing.
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited May 2019
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn I really enjoyed reading your sims backstories, I got distracted because my husband (who doesn't give a care about the sims but is a huge mythology buff came in to talk to me about it when I was reading it, and I never got back to writing my comment last night.) I love that you gave us many different options to suit our play styles. Your gifts are so thoughtful and though not intended for me are so perfect for how I play. Thank you so much for sharing them. I'll send you a link to the story if you'd like to know how it plays out in my game. I'm looking forward to it.

@Hidehi ‘Mermaid’s Treasure Box’ is great consignment shop, I love the building's architectural details and the decor. I appreciate the little survival game-play touches like including a coffee maker and a dumpster to dive in. Your community garden is another thoughtful and welcomed addition to a castaway play-through. I love how you fit the growing station in an octagonal room, that was unexpected. I love the soft colors and the landscaping in the garden, it looks magical in your nighttime pictures.

@DinoJr Your Champs les Sims Base camp makeover is wonderful. I love the outdoors with the archway from the front, the firepit, garden and nectar area and hives. The facilities you including are going to be so helpful, the new lounge looks so cozy and it will be a great place for downtime also the gameroom, the gym will be great place to work off all that vacation food from the cafe. I like that you have a hostel area for the explorers and a little more luxe accommodations for families. Nice touch of realism adding fireplace to the bedrooms. I've been wanting to makeover that basecamp for years and now I don't have to.

Manuel will make a great addition to many of our games, there is a shortage of sim bachelors for sure.

@BreeMiles You are spoiling us again, you've been so busy! Sand Oak Village is a great for people that play multiple households or multi-generational families so many options! I'm likely going to use it as off campus housing at the university. I have it downloaded but haven't had time to look closer at it yet. Looking forward to that. The Russells, Browns and Kinders look like an interesting families, I am always on the lookout for interesting townies to add to my game. I look forward to encountering them and learning more about them.

@ADWilson 2 SFH 4 Sale is a great idea, not just for Marge and Don I could see the lot being useful as homes for other sims or for an in-between housing, or for YAs who aren't ready to settle down just yet. Many possibilities. I was expecting shared accommodations when I read Marge and Don's story but this way leaves it more open ended. Very cozy decor with just the right mix for sims just starting out on their own.
    19 Prissy Place is very luxurious and well thought out. I love the open concept living spaces that takes advantage of the view, the modern touches, the striking blue color and the rich woods and teals used within and that fountain detail makes outdoors a modern oasis. You've been so busy, not just being the most kind and hands-on host but providing so many versatile and stylish gifts too. Thank you so much.

I am not going to want for renovations to do after this exchange. Salvadore and his fixer upper are on my list. I can really see the potential, and Ciane is right about that cot. Sorry I've included it in a build too, it's just really adds to the erm ambiance.

@60smusicluvr Hello Sunshine! is a so much adorable crammed into an unbelievably small package. I love the kitchen, and all the bright pops of color.

@Ciane Harvest Moon is just superbly done. There is so much to take in but somehow overall it's so calming and cohesive. I love the modern design with all the natural touches and the

@SamelaRita & Addy Petersen's Boardwalk looks like a great place to spend some time with the community. It was very kind of Karl to endow the area with it.

@suzses La Valeriana Roja (The name makes a little sleepy) is a stylish and thoughtful makeover of an EA lot. It's great when you able to save some of the original intent with the world but to make lots actually useful. Your improvements to the lot are very welcome.

@Kgaff The first thing that comes to mind for me with Scandinavian style is actually lagom. A concept you've really nailed with your builds. It's wonderful that you've taken the time to research more about the cultures behind the style and it's really paid off. I appreciate that you included a sauna, they are very culturally important part of life in many of the colder areas. Simple style with abundant natural light, natural materials and meaningful pops of color are exactly what attract me to the style and you've delivered on all fronts. I love the outdoor areas too. I look forward to trying out Scandia for myself. Thank you!

I agree with you on the curtains @suzses only the fussier houses get curtains beyond the basic tab top ones in my game.

@AlphaFen Magda Rossi is going in my game for sure. I wish you would write bios for my sims, I enjoy reading about yours.

@equuest Daisy Victorian is so charming. I love the colors and the detailing on the exterior and the soothing shabby chic interior, the secret garden looks like the best spot for tea. LMC is going to love it!

You all are amazing, and you've put so much care and attention to detail into your lots and families. I think this is the first exchange where I've wanted to keep absolutely every gift for myself. It's overwhelming in the best way.

• AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    edited May 2019
    @KaytayRoall Your Bayou Craftsman theme is spot on it looks like it's come right out of a horror movie! :o And the landscaping with the stilt platforms over the swamp! I can already sense the malaria ...... I mean that in the nicest way.....maybe I should stop complimenting you now....

@Mystik1978 Thank you! The link to @Mmdrgntobldrgn blog its were I learnt about loser sim challenges and all sorts

@Mmdrgntobldrgn I'm glad you like Vincenzo! I just wanted to make a bunch of stories for you to mess with after reading your blog! Darya is beautiful and I love Sunset's spots. The Lief family names are brilliant and I use behindthename too, I love names and their meanings! In fact I made sure all your gift's surnames had meanings as we seemed to have that interest in common ;) You've gone all out on your stories and provided such a flexibility of play with all your gifts :)

@Hidehi The Treasure box what colours! The rope fencing! The beautiful blobby turret thingy! It's perfectly suited for Island life and so practical! The same goes for Forager's delight, I love the soft green colour palette and beautiful photos of the garden! Question: If I say nice things before I run away with it cackling does it still count as stealing? :*

@Jessabeans The idea and use of history for the Blue Note reno is wonderful. Art Deco is hard to replicate and you've done it to a T the whole thing is incredibly atmospheric, especially your photos, and the pool with weeds in is pure genius. Tudor Revival is darling! The faded wallpaper in the first interior photo is fantastic! Your renos are so within theme and I can't imagine any sim not being happy there

@BreeMiles Did you seriously make a beautiful traditional village? On a 30x40 Lot? I need some surgery on my jaw because I think it just dropped off :hushed:

@60smusicluvr Hello Sunshine! is so welcoming with its warm colours and fancy kitchen island (can you come fix my kitchen? You make such nice ones)

@ciane I'm sorry you had such trouble with your upload :/ The spa is relaxing and gorgeous and the snazzy red and white duvet so comfy.... :sleeping: Iwami house has a beautiful natural flow to it and I love the ins and outs and paper screnn alcoves. I love the over all theme you've chosen for all your gifts

@ADWilson I'm so sorry you had such a fright and I'm so glad she's ok now. BF's Home is adorable I love the concept of twin houses reflecting each other like that it's too cute. Mr Fixit is a perfect friend Andy McHandy he could do with a friend and your modern but not too modern home combines the indoors with the outdoors so nicely :)

@suzses The IP community lots are rather dull so updating one of them into something useful with beautiful walkways and open spaces in a world where space is at such a premium is thoughtful, and more importantly, fits perfectly into my trolley B)

@Kgaff I love me some facts! You clearly put a lot of thought into this and I could write whole paragraphs on all the details the indoor sauna, the snowboards, the minimalist paving stones and the birch decking *sighs* wonderful :'(

Caught up to beginning of page 48 everything is so attentive and thoughtful! :bawling: <- Tears of joy, exhaustion and joy
    Post edited by AlphaFFrog on
  • AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    @DinoJr You get your own post ;)

First of all, commiserations because building something on such an epic scale is an achievement in itself :hushed: Secondly, building a base camp so epically awesome is worthy of a nobel prize, sadly they don’t rank Sims on the same level as physics or world peace :pensive: I love the elevated walkways, the nectar maker so they don’t have to trek to the other side of France, the elevated walkways (worth saying twice). This will really boost my gameplay as my sims take romantic breaks/Honeymoons in France but sadly the original hotel is massively underwhelming :| However your build is proper honeymoon material, romantic gardens, activities for rainy days, handsome kidnapping pirates… the possibilities are endless ;)

I can’t take my eyes of Quinn! All the pets I make/have are a mix of things because I don’t know what I’m doing so I’m happy to have a wolf dog that’s so beautiful. I like that Manuel is of mixed heritage as I like my sims to have a background that I can weave into their lives and families. Thank you for the thought behind all your gifts, they so clearly have a piece of you in all of them and it’s so nice to have a that in my game :)

Sadly, as you've made so many beautiful things I’ll have to friend request you now, I’m so sorry :pensive: You only brought this on yourself :'(
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    edited May 2019
    @equuest What an awesome surprise!!!! <3 I am totally blown away by your creativity!!! <3 Daisy Victorian is gorgeous!!! I love it both inside and out!! The details on the exterior are beautiful!! I absolutely love the décor!!! <3 The gardens are amazing!! Thank you for such a beautiful gift!! I am so excited to see this gorgeous Victorian in my worlds!! <3 I wish you didn't have to go through all those struggles!! ;) I appreciate all the work and creativity you put into this gift!! <3 I am so happy!!! Wow!! equuest!!! Thank you!!
    Post edited by LMC6255 on
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @equuest
    Daisy Victorian is delightful! Pretty landscaping surround a charming home and then stepping inside, sims find themselves in a beautifully decorated elegant home.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @equuest - I love your soft color palette! Everything seems so perfectly faded and comfortably worn in. The secret garden look is awesome. I love a bit of wild of vegetation. And the use of those trellis arches adds a perfect welcoming appeal and makes you want to go through. It's a lovely Victorian with its turrets and friezes and Dragon Valley roof piece. It definitely has that cluttered, but not too cluttered lived in look.
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    edited May 2019
    @ciane Back to your most loved style and built also in Aurora Skies, I hope you enjoy this sleek little modern for the smaller of sims family, and a bit over priced but I'm sure you will find the money in your sims pockets to buy an live in this lovely home!

Little Modern
    DOWNLOAD
    Little%2BModern.jpg

PLEASE COME BACK TOMORROW, BECAUSE I HAVE ONE MORE GIFT FOR YOU CIANE!!!! :smiley:
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Oh the details @BreeMiles. I love that fencing on top the roofs and the way it adds a little detail to the corners and a line of color pop. The hedges are just the perfect height for the fences behind and I love the two toned pillars and the way the fencing is open, yet secure with no fear of falling ogg. The detail I can see around the side door is appealing and draws me there. And I want to see what awaits on the porches and beyond. I love the lights that edge the walkway and let you know where to go in the dark. I love the big windows and your use of dark color pops on corners as well. This is going to be a great home to explore and live in! And those fountains really call attention to the house and make others want to pop by for a visit, I bet! Thank you so much Bree. I'm going to get a lot of enjoyment out of this build!
  • SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    @60smusicluvr Glad you like the look of the boardwalk - I made it to go into Appaloosa plains, as you said you'd recently discovered how much you liked that world, but it could go anywhere of course! Borrowed the laptop while my husband's in the bathroom, so it's another quick message, I'm afraid. Thankyou for being so understanding about the delay - my laptop refused to play the sims after I'd put appaloosa plains onto it: I'd planned to bring it with me and have it to use, play and so on, but there was No Point. It's not lack of memory space: it just did it, and it did it last time I added a world as well. One of the Windows 10 updates triggered the problem, I think. But when I get home again, I can Do Things Properly! Shame there's not loads of other amazing builds for you to look at/play with - oh, there are!!!!!
    @ADWilson your Mr Fixit is super cute and what else have you sneaked in on us a fixer upper! That is super awesome! <3 I've grabbed all 3 of them up for my game play! :smiley:
    @AlphaFen love your sim and the story is amazing and made me chuckle, love the explanation for CPR training! Too Funny! :smiley: I have her waiting in my downloads folder! <3
    @Jessabeans oh another fixer upper, Tudor Revival is perfect can't wait to fix it up in my game too! <3
    @Hidehi your Forager’s Delight is perfect for castaway's, I will be grabbing it also, as I'm in the middle of my Island Life game play and this will fit perfect later on in my story! <3
    @ADWilson I love this so much dear, very pretty colors and such beautiful detail! I have it in my folder for better looks and exploring! <3
    @equuest oh my my what a splendid Victorian home you have made us your buddy :smile: I have it in my folder also and can't wait to hop in and explore! <3

Thank you everyone for your kind and lovely comments, this community is outstanding! Much love for all of you! o:)o:)
    @ciane yay, I'm so happy you like it m'dear! I still have one more gift for you to explore, and will be uploading it tomorrow! <3
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @BreeMiles
    The Little Modern is marvelous! So many things about this build catch the eye and it will be fun to further explore it. The porch swing looks very inviting ... easy to imagine a sim hanging out here while neighbors stop by for a brief chat.
    I am now nearing 60 items in my little Amazing Gift Exchange Folder! Its going to be a super awesome year to play Sims 3! <3 Gorgeous creations everyone!! <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top