Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game Changers With an Inside Scoop?

Awhile back I saw a tweet where a Game Changer claimed to know what was coming next in TS4. I think it was a young-ish guy?

I didn’t take it seriously but now I’m curious as to what he might’ve said about a teaser announcement today or coming soon.

If anyone knows who this is I’d appreciate it. I know it’s not Pixelade, TheSimSupply, or IronSeagull.
Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
7ZDKKOkt.png
My Plum Family Tree

Comments

• EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited May 2019
    This one?

It's possible. Various GC visit the studio for other reasons and likely get shown stuff while there if they are already under NDA.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    This is very interesting. Now I'm wondering- What could it be? If this person actually is a GC, and they actually know what's coming, if they're a YouTuber or something like that and someone knows their play style we might just be able to find out what's coming in the next few months. University? Supernaturals? Farming? Tropics? If none of those four are included then it will be like Thanos snapped his fingers all over again and half of us will be gone.
    funny-gifs20.gif

The main things I see him post on Twitter are pixel art builds.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I have a friend who is a game changer. They do sometimes get told what’s coming in advance. StrangerVille being an example. Some also got told about cats and dogs and seasons way in advance.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Lol if they want to stay a Game Changer, they’ll keep their mouths closed.
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    I have a friend who is a game changer. They do sometimes get told what’s coming in advance. StrangerVille being an example. Some also got told about cats and dogs and seasons way in advance.

Do they know what it is?
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    suzyl3 wrote: »

Do they know what it is?

I’m not sure. I haven’t asked. They couldn’t tell me anyhow.
    suzyl3 wrote: »

Do they know what it is?

I’m not sure. I haven’t asked. They couldn’t tell me anyhow.

True. UGHHHH I just wanna know.
  • MaddieplaysgamesMaddieplaysgames Posts: 125 Member
    Wait 1 more week.
    Wait 1 more week.

So what day? Or just next week
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited May 2019
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    This one?

It's possible. Various GC visit the studio for other reasons and likely get shown stuff while there if they are already under NDA.

Umm...is this the one that was kicked out for another reason - as in why Kate is no longer Community Manager? Or is there another Dylan?
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited May 2019
    Anmirla wrote: »
    This one?

Umm...is this the one that was kicked out for another reason - as in why Kate is no longer Community Manager? Or is there another Dylan?

That is not the same person.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Anmirla wrote: »
    This one?

That is not the same person.

Good! Thanks.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited May 2019
    Dylan probably knows the Game and Stuffpack coming and he almost certainly knows the Next Expansion. I'm glad he's not telling. I'd hate to see him removed from the Game Changers but what he says excites me.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Wasn't there that German game changer who hinted he knew what the upcoming pack was (Get Famous at the time)? They definitely know, but can't tell because of the NDA
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    As long as they don't give any sort of hint as to what is coming, it's no different from the devs stating that they're excited about what they're working on. (And I think we've had some totally generic posts from the devs to that effect.) The only difference is hearing it coming from someone who plays the game. Of course, as we saw with first-person view, what one player loves might not be everyone's cup of tea.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • K4siesK4sies Posts: 267 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Wasn't there that German game changer who hinted he knew what the upcoming pack was (Get Famous at the time)? They definitely know, but can't tell because of the NDA

Not sure if gronkh is a game changer to be honest. But he often knows stuff in advance - doesn't have to be sims related. And that's mostly due to his position as the largest german lets play channel.
  • RedSunBluesRedSunBlues Posts: 143 Member
    Ive been getting the feeling that more people know than we think which would explain why more of them aren't talking about the leak or really much at all suddenly. I can't wait to find out what is going on.
    edited May 2019
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

That's true. They also said they were excited about the next pack (GF) because it'd allow them to make several of their friends in The Sims (fellow YouTubers, is my guess).

Turned out they were right.

For all we know, The Sims team might have consulted with big YouTubers etc when making the drone/video station objects, editing activities and Media Production skill.

Like how they talked to Amanda (SimGuruDrake) when doing the PR branch of Social Media Career.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I just wonder if Semaj, Deligracy and Lilsimsie saw anything when they visited a few months' ago. They did Twitch streams with the Gurus. James is good at finding out the weak spots in the game.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I'm just commenting to receive notifications on this thread. :smile:
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Awhile back I saw a tweet where a Game Changer claimed to know what was coming next in TS4. I think it was a young-ish guy?

I didn’t take it seriously but now I’m curious as to what he might’ve said about a teaser announcement today or coming soon.

If anyone knows who this is I’d appreciate it. I know it’s not Pixelade, TheSimSupply, or IronSeagull.

Lyndsay has put a wrench in his bragging, since we all know a pack will be at EA Play, and there will be 350 recolors...I'm just wondering since TS4 is free right now, if we will be charged per recolor like Mobile was or if the pack actually contains 350 recolors. Or if that's a patch or every thing is now changed to include a black and white recolor adding up to 350 black and white recolors. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    If he leaks, he won't be a Game Changer very long. But it's kind of selfish to say "I know what it is but I can't say". Just shut up then.

Yeah, that's like saying I'm one of the cool kids, I know something and you don't! nah nah nah na.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Lyndsay has put a wrench in his bragging, since we all know a pack will be at EA Play, and there will be 350 recolors...I'm just wondering since TS4 is free right now, if we will be charged per recolor like Mobile was or if the pack actually contains 350 recolors. Or if that's a patch or every thing is now changed to include a black and white recolor adding up to 350 black and white recolors. :D

It's going to be a base game patch. We have no idea about the colors though.
    #Team Occult