Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Official] Rags to Riches Challenge!

GhostHedaGhostHeda Posts: 4 New Member
Hi there! This is my first official challenge on here :D.

So the challenge pretty much explains itself but I'll break it down.

RULES
1. Create your sim. Can be Male or Female (or Alien).
2. Lifespan must be 'NORMAL'
3. Must create a "studio apartment" like lot. Complete with kitchenette, dining area, sitting area, sleeping area, and bathroom. Considering you would have about 13,000 Simoleons you can go a bit nuts with purchasing items. The apartment MUST be on an empty lot.
4. After completing your house, you must have 250 Simoleons (only time you can use a money cheat).

From there, your sim must get a job. Their career is up to you but the higher paying jobs (Writer, Tech Guru, Painter, Entertainer, Astronaut) can be chosen in order to make the challenge go by faster. The Sim must have the job requirements done and go to work in the ideal mood to help get promoted quicker.

Your Sim must make friends, and LOTS of them (Traits such as Outgoing, Cheerful, etc. are recommended). Your sim must also find a love interest (Gay or Straight relationship is fine) and have at least one child. More children is fine (the more the merrier!) however if your Sim is in a gay relationship the children must be adopted via the computer, no surrogates or the Babies for Everyone mod. The pregnancy MUST go as normal, no Mega Pregnancy Mod to shorten the pregnancy or change the sex of the child(ren) and no changing the amount of children.

Your Sim must be in a big house and be successful by the time of their death. From then on, the last child born can continue on the legacy or you can do the challenge again with them by moving them back into the "studio apartment" and doing things differently.

I would love to see how you guys do! Post pictures in the comments or link your YouTube videos if feel like it.

Thanks for reading this guys! Happy Simming!
-GhostHeda
Post edited by GhostHeda on

Comments

• MakennaMoonMakennaMoon Posts: 1 New Member
    Attempting this starting today! Im posting on my Twitter account too
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Starting it as well. I'm doing a Get Famous version of it. This is my founder, though I'll be giving her a new appearance
    Sophia Cartwright
    47960872763_00aacaf028_o.png
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • DitzyleopardDitzyleopard Posts: 3 New Member
    I'm starting this today! Haven't played Sims in YEARS!! And am going to livestream.....oh lort help me! twithc.tv/ditzyleopard
    twitch.tv/ditzyleopard oops. Such a newb >.<
    > @HillyBeth said:
    > Starting it as well. I'm doing a Get Famous version of it. This is my founder, though I'll be giving her a new appearance
    > Sophia Cartwright
    > (Image)

How is yours going?? I'm starting today!!!
  • A_Amber12A_Amber12 Posts: 1 New Member
    I have city living installed,can I use that for the studio apartment Im horrible at building :s
  • Clarabird20Clarabird20 Posts: 3 New Member
    This is an interesting take on it. Last I knew, you had to live on an empty lot only and start by gardening or getting metals and stuff around the area. Along with using the bushes to use the bathroom in. This one seems slightly more interesting.
  • Clarabird20Clarabird20 Posts: 3 New Member
    > @A_Amber12 said:
    > I have city living installed,can I use that for the studio apartment Im horrible at building :s

If you can find an apartment cheap enough, probably.
  • LilsimsiejrLilsimsiejr Posts: 8 New Member
    This was 5 freaking years ago!
  • collmarMcollmarM Posts: 24 Member
    I'm excited about this challenge. Starting today. :)
  • Miascarlett07Miascarlett07 Posts: 1 New Member
    I’m so excited about strati first this challenge 😁😁😁
  • HeartstoneHeartstone Posts: 3 New Member
    Ack just reread the official rules I rather do the unofficial rags to riches than the official one as in the official one you start with 13k as apposed for a supposed rags to riches where you go from nothing but a island or lot of land you "inherited" to a successful person with a decent amount of money a house and a family when with the 13k in the official challenge you can buy the most expensive lot for 9k and still get build a relatively nice house and it has very little restrictions to make the challenge interesting.
  • HeartstoneHeartstone Posts: 3 New Member
    I am seriously inspired by James Turner rags to riches lets play and I'm gonna try streaming my own version.
  • Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    I've looked online for the official one, but could only find the MEGA version.
    Is this the original?

(wanted to do that first..!)
  • pjnpjn Posts: 7 New Member
    On day 1 I just went in and Woohoo'd Nancy Landgraab and married her. Challenge over.