Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seriously Fires are RIDICULOUS!!!

JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
edited July 2022 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
So I started playing the Sims 4 again and to no avail a fire starts in the home. Whatever no big deal i'll just get my sim to to put it out...

20p1qnm.jpg

that would be a nope. Obviously there is a routing an issue and my sim won't put it out. And guess what ain't no NPC fireman coming to do so either. Oh and you can't enter build mode when a fire in on the lot so can't go that route either.

This has been an issue since the beginning of this game, can we please get it fixed.
WbUrFQm.png
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited May 2019
    Have you put in the Fire prevention system utility panel? It's a sprinkler system to be found in the kitchen items with the Alertz smoker alarm. You need to put it on each floor level to support that level. (One of my child sims once begged the Grim Reaper for his father's life after a barbecue fire and The GR got out his own fire extinguisher to put it out). I now put one on the wall outside too but it does need a ceiling.
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited May 2019
    I had this the other day. I was playing on my kid's game (he was directing--I was controlling) when the fire breaks out, and all the Sims will do is wave their arms, confused.

BUT...

One of them accidentally stepped into the fire and it caught. When she extinguished herself, she extinguished the fire around her. So I put it out by walking her around all the flaming spots, letting it catch, and having her put herself out over and over.

It was...disturbing.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    Thats weird I never have fire alarms, or that fire planel and my dryer has only caught fire once since I've been playing sims 4 and the one time the house caught fire a sprinkler put out the dryer without having a panel or alarm, I did have a thermostat tho.
    My Sims have started a fire nearly every time I start a brand new family. This has been true across all Sims games... "Welcome to the neighborhood! Here's some fruitcake! Good luck surviving that inevitable fire that will start soon!" :|
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
    My advice, buy a microwave to start off and leave ovens until they get some cooking ability!
  • AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    Believe the routing issue when trying to extinguish is a bug caused by the last update - there is a bug report for it:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-OR-Routing-problems-when-extinguishing-fire-near/m-p/7831929#M89055
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2019
    Sprinkler systems (that came in the base game - just place one outside the backdoor of the house, put a smoke detector in each room where there is a fire burning appliance (science table - stoves - fireplace etc) puts out fires inside instantly - I fail to see why you guys do not use them. Heck I don't even get fire damage to appliances or anything. But the ceiling sprinkler system immediately goes off over fires through out the house and your sims get notified there is a fire by the smoke alarm to run outside or if there are babies grab them and run outside. Now if you did not install the sprinkler system and smoke detectors then you'll have a problem - but with them fires are put out as soon as they start.

It protects every floor of the inside of the sims house and do it much faster than when we used to have fire departments. I love them.

ETA - the only place it does not help of course is outside the house - Sims have to put out fires outside on their own - but I keep cans of the fire sprays in my sims inventory from JA before they have an outdoor event and those cans generally put barbeques and campfires out quickly with out sims getting burned.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I will try the sprinkler system if my Sims can afford it.

While this family pictured was patched in that home under the freerealestate cheat, I don't usually play with cheats. But it's like @katrinasforest said... Everytime a new family is started this happens and usually that family doesn't have the funds for the sprinkler system when starting out.

@AprilDawn thank you for letting me know bcuz I was about to report it.

@Simburian it was coming from the fire place. I wasn't using the thermostat bcuz it can cost bills to be high and my family here only had starter funds.

@Techbilt that's awesome you haven't had any issues. Though I do believe this is an ongoing bug in the game when it comes to fires. And like all bugs some it affects others it doesn't. You're lucky it hasn't happened bcuz it can be so annoying to the point where you don't even want to play.
    WbUrFQm.png
    @leetamme It is advisable not to put anything on the block immediately by a fireplace and that includes putting carpets right before it and things on the walls ajacent as that can start a fire. It's been that way since 2001!
    @Simburian you know I've been playing the Sims since 2000 and I didn't realize that about carpets, though usually when I build with fireplaces I put a hard type floor under and around it. I'll check to see if I've done that here. Thank you for the advice.
    WbUrFQm.png
    leetamme wrote: »
    @Simburian you know I've been playing the Sims since 2000 and I didn't realize that about carpets, though usually when I build with fireplaces I put a hard type floor under and around it. I'll check to see if I've done that here. Thank you for the advice.

It's just that I've suffered from carpets starting fires myself! Good luck. :)
    Started a new game today and wouldn't you know it...

2rdgaj8.jpg

Earlier this day she discovered she wasn't prego and was super sad but she tried to push through it and cook a grand meal for Harvestfest... The day did not go well.

While in a sense this is kinda comedic in that a fire on Harvestfest day couldn't be far from what happens IRL, however another fire with a new family.
    WbUrFQm.png
    Simburian wrote: »
    My advice, buy a microwave to start off and leave ovens until they get some cooking ability!

Yeah, reading the cooking skill book ahead of tie helps. Also, you can just let your Sim live on salads for a while until their cooking level improves.
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    Its pretty bad lately, one of my sim's dog has caught on fire 3-4 times in one gaming session. Good times.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Fires, fires all the time, I cheat to get rid of it.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    I've played some 450 hours so far and haven't seen a fire, apart from burning a pile of leaves, which was a controlled and fully-intentional fire.
    What is everyone doing?
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    The only time I get fires is when I don’t clean the lint trap in the dryer. I can count on one hand the number of cooking fires I have gotten since the game released.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I get quite a few fires, and they spread quickly, but that's because I have a mod. When I play vanilla fires are extraordinarily rare, which is why I modded them. I like the drama and the challenge.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I get quite a few fires, and they spread quickly, but that's because I have a mod. When I play vanilla fires are extraordinarily rare, which is why I modded them. I like the drama and the challenge.

Oh yeah they do spread faster now by default. Like that a lot! Just not spontaneous enough for my tastes, I get tired of basically setting my Sims up for a fire. There’s not much fun in always doing that.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

Oh yeah they do spread faster now by default. Like that a lot! Just not spontaneous enough for my tastes, I get tired of basically setting my Sims up for a fire. There’s not much fun in always doing that.

I use the More Deadly Intense Fires by Weerbesu Flavor 1, with his fires on any lot add on so fires can breakout on community lots as well. He offers 3 flavors and another add on called Extreme fire spread rate. I have tried all of them but stick with the two I mentioned above because the others make nearly impossible to put the fires out at all, and it can literally take 2 in game weeks to burn itself out in which case without the UI Extension Cheats mod your Sims will die of hunger since the entire lot locks down during a fire. Flavor 1 increases the spread rate, and it's a challenge to get it out by it is possible.
  • LaneBoy1995LaneBoy1995 Posts: 133 Member
    Do you really know what is ridiculous? No firefighters in almost 5 years of The Sims 4 existence.
  • Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    Fires in Sims 1 were ridiculous... Fires in Sims 4 are a walk in the park.
    raw
    Do you really know what is ridiculous? No firefighters in almost 5 years of The Sims 4 existence.

Agreed
    WbUrFQm.png
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top