Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you like your sims' financial situation to be?

Comments

• rosec63srosec63s Posts: 6 New Member
    I motherlode whatever money I need because I like to play without thinking about money at all.
    I like my sims too be wealthy with the best career.
  • TheMagnoliaTheMagnolia Posts: 174 Member
    It depends on the family. I have had families start out with 25 simoleons to their name, and I’ve had families I’ve started out as millionaires. I like to have my Sims comfortable at some point though.
  • ACGACG Posts: 30 Member
    I want my sims to live within the means their job allows but still have a comfortable life.
    A little late to this comment party but as a new player I play by means of what money they have from work. Unfortunately this means that their homes are often furnished with what they can afford so not as fancy as some of the stuff in the gallery. Also, the more I play the more characters work certain ways in my mind so story might become a factor someday. Till then, “roommate wanted!” (So I can finally afford that VR set!!)
  • AceOfKnavesAceOfKnaves Posts: 173 Member
    edited May 2019
    I want my sims to live within the means their job allows but still have a comfortable life.
    Don't use money cheats anymore as it's a bit easy to accumulate a hefty sum, especially for a single sim. They aren't dirt poor unless it's a challenge. I like spacious homes so the bills tend to get bigger as my family progresses jobs and grows (I like that the bills slowly go up based on value) or expanding the family with no rooms for them having only 2k-4k left after buying a mid-level home and other expenses. Enough for improvement, but not a complete disaster with everyone's needs down. Half the money goes to the remaing heir, though. I like to think they're doing something useful with their parents' hard earned money... Or not. :/

They never get filthy rich, something always keeps them on their toes after a while.
    Post edited by AceOfKnaves on
  • GeniusSimmerGirlGeniusSimmerGirl Posts: 68 Member
    Other. (Please specify, my dude!)
    Honestly it's all over the place. I don't play legacies that often, but I don't play rags-to-riches either, so it tends to fall between the two. Some are rich, some are middle-class, and maybe 1 or 2 live paycheck-to-paycheck. Whenever I play in a poorer household, I'm amazed at how fast my sims are able to earn money. @SheriSim57 talked about how they wanted to have to buy clothes and not get free meals from the fridge, and I agree. It kinda takes the fun out of the game when you have everything.
    My origin ID is quiverfullsims | My simblr can be found here. It follows the Rowan family- an extremely conservative clan with nearly 17 children.
  • ThePocketWeaselThePocketWeasel Posts: 103 Member
    It depends on the story.
    I don't use the cheats because I'm on console and want the trophies but I think the most a household has had is about 160,000 simoleons. It depends on the story - sometimes I like a rags to riches story, and other times I like it when a Sim or a family has a lot of money so they can concentrate on their skills or relationships without worrying too much. I would like it if the Sims 4 reintroduced inheritance from Sims 2, though.
  • queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    It depends on the story.
    I don't use the cheats because I'm on console and want the trophies but I think the most a household has had is about 160,000 simoleons. It depends on the story - sometimes I like a rags to riches story, and other times I like it when a Sim or a family has a lot of money so they can concentrate on their skills or relationships without worrying too much. I would like it if the Sims 4 reintroduced inheritance from Sims 2, though.

I am on console too but I am more like a "I don't care whether I get them or not" player. How many trophies do you have?
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    It depends on the story.
    If I'm actually serious about playing, I play either with the default money you usually have with placing a new household (I tend to cheat free real estate first thing so they can afford to even move into the place to begin with, but not always) or tend to have a single broke sim that will find someone with lots of money to move in with anyway. I like having a wide financial safety net for most large families, so long as I envision their financial situation as it is. If I was not really playing seriously, I motherlode away!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • TurquoisePapayaTurquoisePapaya Posts: 318 Member
    Give me that generation 8 of a legacy challenge old money wealth!
    Heroics wrote: »

Play it as it comes and it seems a bit easy to make cash, certainly. I've used cheats to remove money for challenges more than I have used them to add.

Currently on 44/100 for a 100 Baby challenge and this is the first time I have successfully used a Money Tree. I will probably just avoid them in the future, as it is far too easy. Then again, I was 200k + before I even got the Money Tree, and my initial Matriarch already had Shrewd.

I play games for that hint of a challenge, and being tight in the wallet helps to give satisfaction when overcoming those issues. Playing for "the Story" in TS4 is still something at which I am trying to improve. When the two cross I still feel I should just "earn it", unless an obvious bug seems to be blocking me.

Wow, congrats on getting so far in the 100 baby challenge. I've always been very intimidated by it!
    giphy.gif
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    It depends on the story.
    I have indeed paid bills via frog-breeding and collecting wild plants to sell from my inventory, but sometimes I just want to be rich. I can do it without cheats, and I have countless times. I've even used the FreeRealEstate cheat, then made my Sims slowly pay off their "loan." Whether I make myself (and my Sims) suffer depends on my mood and my story.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    It depends on the story.
    I have families that married into rich characters that I created.

I also have families that worked hard for their money. These families tend to be my favorite to play with as they are the most realistic.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    Four abduction alien pregnancies?!?!!!?

Three, one was twins, but yeah. Literally the only family I have ever had with abduction babys and I play rotationally with a ton of families. Super weird.

• TuxTux Posts: 17 Member
    I rather it be there job and skill what decides there wealth i also tend to sprinkle some story in, for example my main family is wealthy tru alot of hard work as they've been with me tru the start, other households tend to stay in the middle class to lower as i also don't want my game filled with mansions and such 4 rich families is the max for me.
  • danixmcdanixmc Posts: 32 Member
    I like my sims to be just able to pay their bills and still have 1000 simoleans to spare. I like them to be comfortable but still have to work hard for their money,
  • vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    I like my Sims to have as much money as the jobs I have decided for them. Sometimes they are low on the career ladder, sometimes middle or high....I find the game gets kind of boring if they have too much money so even when Sims end up high in their respective careers - I usually have their kids move out into their own houses once they are young adults and start with the $20,000 and work their way up.
  • cat_momcat_mom Posts: 36 Member
    I love the rags to riches theme. I start my sims off with 0 simoleans and when my sims get too wealthy, I motherlode them down as if a bad economy wiped them out. This makes it a little more challenging for them to survive financially.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    When I play I do generational play so they don't really live beyond the means that they have. Naturally they start out with nothing and build up from there.
    WbUrFQm.png
    cat_mom wrote: »
    I love the rags to riches theme. I start my sims off with 0 simoleans and when my sims get too wealthy, I motherlode them down as if a bad economy wiped them out. This makes it a little more challenging for them to survive financially.

That's an interesting way to add some realism!
    giphy.gif
  • ILikeCandyILikeCandy Posts: 2 New Member
    I like for my >longtime< sims to use the money they have earned already. (Besides starting money)
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I like to start off broke and have my sims build their finances up through working, but the problem then becomes too much money. I like my sims to be comfortable, if that's the story I'm trying to tell with a particular family; but not so comfortable that don't have to work. I think having about $5K or a little less is good in this game because its way too easy to make a lot of money.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • HeyItsKoffeeHeyItsKoffee Posts: 99 Member
    edited May 2019
    Goth583 wrote: »
    its way too easy to make a lot of money.
    I agree with you, i've played my current sims family for around 5/6 hours and they've already been promoted a bunch and have over $30k in money.
    Youtube @ ItsKoffeeh

Legacy Challenge
  • MaiaPlaysSimsMaiaPlaysSims Posts: 218 Member
    I prefer having a lot of money without having to cheat for it. I like knowing that this has been earned, but that I still don't have to worry about bills. However, I will cheat money. I do it often. I have a storyline with a rich family. Their jobs are not enough to support their house, so I cheat their money. It's a legacy style game without all the rules of a legacy, so I hope to eventually get to a generation with old money that I don't have to cheat them to riches.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,961 Member
    It depends on the story.
    @SheriSim57 Wow, you really like to think the stories through and make them as realistic as possible! I'm impressed! And I agree, functional clothing stores would be really cool. I wonder how that could be implemented to make it fit into the rest of the gameplay as seamlessly as possible. If it was as time consuming as eating at restaurants, I don't think I would use it often.

I think in sims 1 or 2 you had to buy the clothes except for the fist outfit, and they had grocery stores too.... it did make it seem more realistic, and added to the fun. I’m not sure how they could do it since we have categories now, but they could probably figure it out..... I remember when you could buy clothes off of the rack and it would end up in your drawers.
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    @SheriSim57 Wow, you really like to think the stories through and make them as realistic as possible! I'm impressed! And I agree, functional clothing stores would be really cool. I wonder how that could be implemented to make it fit into the rest of the gameplay as seamlessly as possible. If it was as time consuming as eating at restaurants, I don't think I would use it often.

I think in sims 1 or 2 you had to buy the clothes except for the fist outfit, and they had grocery stores too.... it did make it seem more realistic, and added to the fun. I’m not sure how they could do it since we have categories now, but they could probably figure it out..... I remember when you could buy clothes off of the rack and it would end up in your drawers.

Ah, ok. TS4 is the only sims game I've played. That sounds like it does integrate well!
    giphy.gif
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    It depends on the story.
    Single Mom with nine boyfriends who hates children and is noncommital? Poor! Amateur moving to Del Sol Valley to make it big as a fashion influencer? Starts out poor and ends filthy rich! And yes, these are all things that I'm currently doing. And the Single Mom would have had ten boyfriends if she hadn't been caught with Dirk Dreamer by her Paparazzi boy Landon.
    funny-gifs20.gif