Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims visiting sims

My main reason for bringing this up is if my sim gets hungry while at another sims house the other sim tells them it's inappropriate to make food. But what other option is there besides leaving? Same goes for energy levels. I think we need more unique interactions for when a sim visits another sim's house, such as: cook meal together, ask for food, ask if you can spend the night, offer to help with...(insert chore here), and I'm sure we could think of so more helpful and entertaining ones as well! These same things should be potential interactions from another sim to your sim when they visit as well.

What do you think? What interactions would be helpful/fun for sims to be able to have at other sims's houses?

Comments

• EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    You can eat quick meals and nap on sofas/drink coffee when visiting sims. Just can't cook or sleep in beds.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited May 2019
    Wait? You can't ask to stay the night in Sims 4? Wow they should really add that.
    I'm currently playing Sims 3 and it's possible to ask to stay the night at another Sims' house.

Besides that because of the title "Sims visiting Sims" I remembered that in Sims 3 NPC Sims used to autonomously visit other NPC Sims. It made the world feel much more alive!
    a256aFi.gif
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    Just buy the ''Always welcome'' trait on the reward store and a lot of this is possible

With littlemsSam Mod you can actually ask Sims to cook/bake/grill for you and pretend the sims are good hosts

With littleMsSam Mods you can have a mod that improves the spa day tray, then you can make some drinks and call someone to join.

I wish that the NPc Sim that my sim is visting, would just autonomsly offer my Sim a drink when you visit the house but oh well ...

I do have the feeling though, that you can spend the night on someones house by asking and having a high enough relationship?

And even if you cant, set a group with get together, and sims will definitly stay at the place as long as you want.
  • SimDesignSimDesign Posts: 22 Member
    edited May 2019
    @PreCiious Those are good work-arounds, thank you!

I assumed that with a high relationship the sims would be able to ask to stay the night, but it doesn’t seem to be the case, as I tried it with my sims who are dating and had spent the night together before- but it was my sim inviting the other sim to, and it doesn’t seem to be an option the other way around.
  • SimDesignSimDesign Posts: 22 Member
    @FreezerBunnyCowplant you can invite other sims to stay the night at your sim’s house, but it doesn’t seem like you can have your sim ask to stay the night when they are on a different lot.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    SimDesign wrote: »
    @FreezerBunnyCowplant you can invite other sims to stay the night at your sim’s house, but it doesn’t seem like you can have your sim ask to stay the night when they are on a different lot.

That was possible in Sims 3 tho. I don't know why they didn't include an option to ask to stay the night at a different lot in Sims 4?
    a256aFi.gif
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    My main reason for bringing this up is if my sim gets hungry while at another sims house the other sim tells them it's inappropriate to make food. But what other option is there besides leaving? Same goes for energy levels. I think we need more unique interactions for when a sim visits another sim's house, such as: cook meal together, ask for food, ask if you can spend the night, offer to help with...(insert chore here), and I'm sure we could think of so more helpful and entertaining ones as well! These same things should be potential interactions from another sim to your sim when they visit as well.

What do you think? What interactions would be helpful/fun for sims to be able to have at other sims's houses?

You know when this game was first released we could do all that. My Sim visited others and he/she cooked meals, slept in a bed, etc. But at some point SimGuruDaniel or someone decided that's 'cheating' and was inappropriate or needed to beef up inappropriate. It really annoyed me when they release a game and it has features that I really enjoyed (like my Sim spending a night and making himself at home, or hanging there to refresh himself) they go and remove those features. They got a D from me when they decided to change this. It was all patched out. :s
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Ah, the old elites imposing themselves on the lowly masses thing... A feature that would be nice, and more realistic, is that the sim being visited prepares a meal for all present at meal time and your sim is invited to join.
    edited May 2019
    Ah, the old elites imposing themselves on the lowly masses thing... A feature that would be nice, and more realistic, is that the sim being visited prepares a meal for all present at meal time and your sim is invited to join.

A few times, the Sims my Sim visited did cook a meal and my Sim joined them. I would guess not many visit Sims anymore and telemetry will tell them not to bother with visit neighbor in the next game, because players stopped visiting other Sims, yeah, when they removed the ability to cook a meal and or stay the night without any backlash. They had to make the inapproriate feature relative to the gameplay, so they removed all that about the time they released GT.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Why not just visit the sim and have food with you?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    If you're stealthy enough you can time it to cook meals and sleep without getting told off. I did it quite often with my homeless sim before he set up digs on his own plot of land. He'd wait for an opportunity to cook meals or sleep in a bed while he was at another sim's house. Sometimes he'd get caught, sometimes he'd manage to eat and sleep there for days without being asked to stop and he didn't have the Always Welcome reward. I don't use any mods for that either, it's part of the thrill for me to not get caught. :D
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2019
    My Vampire Slayer cooks all the time at the Vampires houses he visits and they rarely even say anything. He also set out fresh made pouches for the vamps as he collects fish and frogs and grows their fruits needed to make them. He is actually well liked by my vampire community - even being a slayer. He rarely changes a Vamp human - only if they constantly break in places those get the drink that changes them.

When Sims 4 first came out it did allow sims to cook at other houses - especially relatives but oddly it did not let them bathe or sleep in a bed - but they could sleep on a couch. But simmers complained a lot about people coming over and cooking - so they apparently dropped that. I recall they could do it in the base game. I left by Christmas when they still did not have toddlers or Supernaturals. I was totally bored and went back to Sims 2 and 3 - both.

So not sure exactly when that was dropped - but knows when toddlers (brought me to tears even - can you believe that?) did come and I came back the same day - they could not cook in other sims houses and got told it was inappropriate when all my Sim was trying to do is help feed the twin toddlers the family had. I kept trying and finally got my sim thrown out of the house. Went home (next door) made a plate of Mac and cheese. Put it in inventory - went back to their house and set the food on the counter for the toddlers. No body said a thing but instead also helped themselves to the food. LOL.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited May 2019
    Your post reminded me of something. I went back to playing the homeless sim, although he's not homeless anymore. He went to visit somebody the other day, it said the family was home but when he got there, there was only a toddler on his own in the front yard, so he stayed and played with him and fed him some fruit from his inventory. The family arrived back home a short time later but they ignored the toddler and he was very hungry by this stage. So I sent my sim to bake a plate of cookies. He didn't get caught or told off for it, the other family members went for a swim in the pool rather than look after the poor kid!
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    But what other option is there besides leaving?

They sometimes grab some leftovers from the refrigerator.
    In San Myshuno, it doesn't count as leaving to go to a food stall in front of the apartment building they visit.

I think developers don't understand players. Let's see it from my view. I'm god. I'm the neighbor, I'm the visiting Sim, I'm the townie down the street lurking in the background. If I say to myself this Sim is who I am playing now, so look you other Sims, you guys better let him/her fix something to eat, or I'm going to zap all of you, then they (Sims) better hear me roar. My Sims, My world, My rules. That's how I see it.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,861 Member

I always have fruit or a sack lunch in my son's inventory when they go out.
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member

I think it's more so the principle. Realistically speaking, when someone visits someone else's house, especially a close family or friend, does the average person always bring food with them? The fact that the option isn't there, with out using the reward, is what I believe bugs people so much. If they had it that way before and changed it because it was excessive and now we have it the way we do I can understand that. Both sides honestly. But I see this happening a lot in the game. Game has a feature and then people complain about how excessive it is, the devs get rid of it instead of just tweaking it and then people complain about the feature missing. I think in this situation if a sim has a high enough relationship the option to make themselves at home should be there, but I'm not sure how they can prevent visitors from being excessive. It's either excessive or completely removed and not really an in-between and that's what bugs me lol. I did give my sim that trait so at the end of the day it works out, plus I noticed if you grab a quick meal from the fridge it's not considered inappropriate. I see sims visiting my active household getting a quick meal when they're hungry if my sin hasn't made food. I will say the only time I bring food is if it's a new neighbor and I'm doing my own version of the welcome wagon (minus the fruit cake lol)
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

I think developers don't understand players. Let's see it from my view. I'm god. I'm the neighbor, I'm the visiting Sim, I'm the townie down the street lurking in the background. If I say to myself this Sim is who I am playing now, so look you other Sims, you guys better let him/her fix something to eat, or I'm going to zap all of you, then they (Sims) better hear me roar. My Sims, My world, My rules. That's how I see it.
    I didn’t mean it that way I meant like the welcome wagon thing you go visit a neighbor it’s kind to bring like brownies or something not like a meal. I just usually have my sims bake brownies or cookies to take over. Plus you can eat at other sims houses in the quick meals you don’t have to have them get mad at kick you out for cooking.😂

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
    Cinebar wrote: »

I didn’t mean it that way I meant like the welcome wagon thing you go visit a neighbor it’s kind to bring like brownies or something not like a meal. I just usually have my sims bake brownies or cookies to take over. Plus you can eat at other sims houses in the quick meals you don’t have to have them get mad at kick you out for cooking.😂

But it was a feature and they took it away. Without a word in patch notes all for the reasons to make inappropriate relevant to the game. Because it wasn't until they took away the ability to cook and sleep at someone else's house. That was my beef, something in the games people enjoy then they zap it because it's 'cheating'.