Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tropical Island: confirmed fake pack content listing

Comments

• ZussageZussage Posts: 141 Member
    edited May 2019
    aws200 wrote: »

While I understand that it's very reasonable to assume the entire thing was a lie, the possibility of a tropical-themed EP is still quite likely. ^_^ We just don't know what the content will be yet.

In other news: Not sure if anyone noticed, but Instant Gaming changed the name of the product from "Tropical Paradise" to "Island Paradise". Thoughts?

I commented this earlier somewhere else, but it seems like Instant Gaming has some kind of inside source on what the EPs are but not the title or specific details, so they call it by its TS3 counterpart until release and change it after. They did the same thing for Cats and Dogs, leaking it before announcement as "Pets" and changing it to the official title later. Apparently, they also did the same for City Living, but I haven't been able to nail down a source for that claim.

I think that we are getting some kind of Tropical themed EP in the style of Island Paradise from TS3, and they know that, but nothing else. I think they lifted the list and the tile from the forum post they found here, thinking it was an official leak cause it was on a sims forum, and combined it with their information. It's now public knowledge that the info they listed was just fan speculation (and someone from this forum messaged them to let them know) so they removed it, and switched to the Island Paradise title because thats TS3 title. They probably intend to change it to the official title after release.

Personally, I think we are getting a tropical themed EP in June, and these guys have a legit source but absolutely zero details, thus the circus of info they posted. I could be totally wrong though and they're just spouting nonsense.
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    aws200 wrote: »

This has happened before and it WAS RIGHT. The copy pasted description is JUST A PLACEHOLDER until the official announcement comes. Last time when Cats and Dogs was leaked, they had a fake fan-made render and people were saying that it was fake but then lo-and-behold, it was REAL and then when the pack was officially announced, they replaced the cover art and description with the real/official ones. The exact same thing is happening right now. Take a look at this:
    TS1299 wrote: »
    Plot Twist :

The leak is fake from the description to the title of the pack itself. Another retailer copied the pack title assuming that they are real.

Also aren't leaks like this are instantly being shutdown by EA/Maxis if they are true?

Cats & Dogs got leaked in a similar manner actually. With an early render and being called “Pets“.
    Capture-19-768x660.png

Now if you go to the same link it shows Cats & Dogs, confirming that it was a placeholder and they have been right. (See how it still says “Domaci Mazlicci“ instead of “Psi a kocky“?)
    https://www.film-game.cz/the-sims-4-domaci-mazlicci-pc,1002729.html

edited May 2019
    Deleted
    Post edited by suzyl3 on
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    Ever since that got brought up I knew it was fake but kinda hoping we get another life state pack or Uni tbh
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,178 Member
    edited May 2019
    Instant-G* already tried to sell The Sims 4 Premium Service (October 2014)

How can you still trust them 5 years later ???

Just they did a "buzz" to get new sheep... new naive consumers :p
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    Even though the source seems partially fake - we just know that the Sims 4 is going to inevitably have some tropical/vacation/island EP or GP at some point. And June is the perfect time to release such a pack. This may be it.

I'm still hoping it's going to be University but since a beach vacation is my second choice, I'm happy about this as well.
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    jooxis wrote: »
    Even though the source seems partially fake - we just know that the Sims 4 is going to inevitably have some tropical/vacation/island EP or GP at some point. And June is the perfect time to release such a pack. This may be it.

I'm still hoping it's going to be University but since a beach vacation is my second choice, I'm happy about this as well.

Why do people think it's going to be a beach vacation? It's an EP. Vacations are GPs (typically. No way a vacation is worth $40).
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »

Why do people think it's going to be a beach vacation? It's an EP. Vacations are GPs (typically. No way a vacation is worth $40).

Never heard of Sims 3: Island Paradise or Sims 2: Bon Voyage? There is soooo much that can be added to this theme to make it worth $40. Also, a beach vacation is most likely because we already have a jungle and camping.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

I'm not wanting a beach vacation pack. I want a beach world to live in like Ilsa Paradiso with beach vacation activities and that would require it to be an EP.
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I'm not wanting a beach vacation pack. I want a beach world to live in like Ilsa Paradiso with beach vacation activities and that would require it to be an EP.

But where’s the overall theme? I don’t like paying $40 for a lot of stuff I can only use in 1 world, aka $40 for one world. EP’s are always about stuff that can be used in all worlds: clubs, pets, seasons, fame. What is the overall theme here?
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member

Depends on the amount of content in the pack itself.

• Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

But where’s the overall theme? I don’t like paying $40 for a lot of stuff I can only use in 1 world, aka $40 for one world. EP’s are always about stuff that can be used in all worlds: clubs, pets, seasons, fame. What is the overall theme here?

Well, my guess is that there would still be Summer stuff. You couldn't swim in the old worlds, but you could probably do everything else (sunbathing, suncastle building, hopefully more swimming pool stuff). I agree though... it seems a bit shallow for an EP. I'm guessing that they would add something like resorts etc (or a new world AND a vacation world, not holding my breath but that would be worth the $40 even if there isn't much to do out of those areas).
    edited May 2019
    IceyJ wrote: »
    suzyl3 wrote: »
    Sally1502 wrote: »
    I just noticed that for some reason they changed the title of the potentially leaked DLC from “Tropical Paradise” to “Island Paradise” on both the cover art and in the text on Instant Gaming.

Dunno if that means anything but I do find it interesting...

Yeah I think that's interesting too! Even the name of the file has been changed as well. Why did they change it?

I opened a support ticket with them questioning why they copied the information from the forum. They said they will check and get back to me, so maybe that had something to do with it.

Finally got a response from Instant-Gaming, if you can call it that. Lol.
    "For the moment we've not this pack. We'll add it soon. So, we're not lying anyone."

I'm starting to believe it's real, now. The theme at least. We should see an announcement real soon. If not this week, definitely next week.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Sally1502 wrote: »
    I just noticed that for some reason they changed the title of the potentially leaked DLC from “Tropical Paradise” to “Island Paradise” on both the cover art and in the text on Instant Gaming.

Dunno if that means anything but I do find it interesting...

Yeah I think that's interesting too! Even the name of the file has been changed as well. Why did they change it?

I opened a support ticket with them questioning why they copied the information from the forum. They said they will check and get back to me, so maybe that had something to do with it.

Finally got a response from Instant-Gaming, if you can call it that. Lol.
    "For the moment we've not this pack. We'll add it soon. So, we're not lying anyone."

I'm starting to believe it's real, now. The theme at least. We should see an announcement real soon. If not this week, definitely next week.

Do you have a screenshot?
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member

Their response is very strange. Maybe they aren't actually lying though, maybe the actual pack includes everything Jeremiah speculated about?
    mika wrote: »

Their response is very strange. Maybe they aren't actually lying though, maybe the actual pack includes everything Jeremiah speculated about?

Yeah I have a feeling Jeremia knows more than he shows
  • ElizabethMcElizabethMc Posts: 103 Member
    :D:D:D:D:D
    Jeremia, you been holding out on us?
    51933350_10157123903496029_4290593889716273152_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQm2LuB9LApTdQSKlxPj0cx6XqQg9IesqTg0FX_Cs5sogqyRjcisK6oNSbsY0N0_9lwt4vNOYOiUqMNjNLvZACdN&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=6ab7359b62d930c33633ffd719730e38&oe=5D5F18F9
    Check out my Random Sims Skills Generator and more.

He said the teaser will be coming out TOMORROW
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member

Thank you!
    And Elizabeth, she told me the trailer will come on Thursday this week!
    12JEREMIA wrote: »

Thank you!

Who is she?????

Thank you!

Who is she?????
    You are. You told me that the trailer will come on Thursday. (I saw your username)

Thank you!

Who is she?????
    You are. You told me that the trailer will come on Thursday. (I saw your username)

I asked you and YOU told me the teaser would come tomorrow

Thank you!

Who is she?????

The teaser will come tomorrow at 1PM EST (I will back when I’m on the bus)

Thank you!

Who is she?????

The teaser will come tomorrow at 1PM EST (I will back when I’m on the bus)

Great! Can't wait to make a discussion on here about it.