Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 aMAYzing Gift Exchange ~ DONE :)

Comments

• Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @60smusicluvr That's a pretty and peaceful little house, from it's lovely landscaping to it's soft color pallet. I always love to see your MOO projects and am looking forward to checking out what you've done.

@Mystik1978 So very nice of Katie to offer to lend you a hand with gifts. Her horses are very nice with their colorful touches. I really like the green on the mane ends and didn't even realize that could be done.

Bendy Beach Bungalow is a sweet little home, with a great name. Love the blues in the kitchen especially, and the gnomes are fun. The Dismond's story, though, is so very sad. What an awful thing to have your child just disappear and never know where she went. I'm hoping she pops up.

@BreeMiles Ciane's place is a beautiful modern home. I know it's right up her alley, and I think it might be up mine, too. ;) I'm really looking forward to checking out its interiors and to finding out more about Edward of the beautiful blue eyes.

Thank you so much for making the other builds for all of us! Chella Modern is very striking and the Sulfur Lane cottage is darling. I've enjoyed having some of your builds in my games, and I'm itching to try these out, too. :)

@AlphaFen Oh my, Vincenzo looks like so much fun! I've never done a loser challenge, but you know, maybe it's one of those things I need to do someday.

"maybe it was because he was delivered in an ambulance that crashed into a mirror boutique while swerving to avoid a black cat" <--totally cracked me up with this :D

@ciane Golden Dragon is another lovely Asian styled build. That really IS a nice floor plan, and you've executed it perfectly. the landscaping looks great, as well.

@DinoJr What a fun and interesting household you've thought up! You do not disappoint, as expected.

@Mmdrgntobldrgn Tomomi Center is a great looking lot with the warm woods against it's dark grey exterior, and it looks like sims could get up to all sorts of things in there. I really like to send my sims out to do different things rather than having it all at home, so I think my sims would really enjoy this lot.

@LMC6255 I do love Craftsman style homes, and this one appears to have most everything. Love the pool area especially. That's a lovely story you wrote about the Albertsons. I'm sure it will be lots of fun to see how the different offspring all grow up.

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    Ooof I forgot. I’ll try to upload mine today or tomorrow
    Oh hamburgers!
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Aw, another reno @Jessabeans and what a great story! These are awesome. I'm looking forward to more!
  • Options
    HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

I am absolutely flabbergasted my dearest @ciane,

your second gift is as awesome as the first ... love <3 ... love <3 ... LOVE <3 House of the Golden Dragon!!!!
    The execution of transferring the floor plan to a sim's build on a 25x25 lot is pure genius!

That you have included a proper genkan is fantastic and you must have spent hours 'winging' ;) the layout of the tatami mats. Thank you soooooo much from the bottom of my heart :D x

To everyone else ....

I am blown away by all the magnificent creations I have seen so far !!!! :o

Please accept my apologies for not commenting individually yet as RL is limiting my time :/ ... but I'll get to it as soon as I can.
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    Dear buddy,

Sorry I'm dumping everything on you today, but the coming work weeks hours (all 46 of them, over 4 days, we had a big change so it's a transition week) are interesting to say the least and I don't know how functional I'll be Tuesday evening let alone Wednesday when I take a day off. Because I don't want to miss getting anything out to you before the end of gifting.

This one is a two parter
    The Prequel
    @DinoJr at the end of the prequel you will find two links, I will not be offended in the least if the full household as I started with is something you choose to skip over. I will sometimes start sims with parents to help cement in the in-game genetics, additionally it helped me get the images I wanted for the story.

Leif Family and Kaleva Origin
    Eir and Runi, the youngest of their families, were paired off by the elders of Kaleva to create the family Leif and to start a new house. A house that would hopefully help bring peace to the valley by joining two strong families.

Their pairing was bumpy at first, but over the centuries they fell in love with each other. When Eir became gravid a huge banquet was held in their honor.

During her gravid time Eir frequently felt as if there was constant conflict going on within her belly. When she birthed twins, a girl Hjordis (KHUUR-tees ), and a boy Tofi, there was confusion. The elders had previously decreed that eldest born would carry on the house name, but girls were never eldest born and therefor were never heads of family.
    screenshot-2_41.jpg?1558301338

You can read the rest of the prequel Here, as well as check out the pictures that were used for inspiration.
    For this part there is the option, should you choose to attempt to challenge your play style, of downloading the full Leif family; Eir, Runi, twins Hjordis & Tofi, the ever so creatively named Handy (not the same Handy who gave you the tour of Tomomi Center), and the two dogs/wolves Bjorn (female; traits: genius, loyal, and independent) & Gunnr (male; traits: hunter, loyal, and independent). www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9310125
    Or
    Just the Kaleva farm in it's almost a starter stage. www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9310126
    As with cats I have no clue how to skill dogs, so they'll require training no matter which household you choose.

Part two & The main final gift from me
    Lief Twins

By the time the twins were in their teens, Runi and Eir could no longer deny that soon they would have to use the potion on their children. Their only concern was would they live long enough to see the potion work it's affect of mellowing their anger towards each other.

The day the twins reached their majority they got into a terrible row and declared each other their mortal enemy. Eir quietly stirred the potion into two goblets, she handed one to Tofi, while Runi handed the other one to Hjordis. They then placed each sleeping twin into a separate simple room.
    screenshot-99_16.jpg?1558303670

You can read the rest of the twins story Here.
    Lief Twins and home Kaleva Farm 3 ways
    1. The twins plus their hounds www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9310127
    2. Twins, hounds, and house www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9310129
    3. Just the house www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9310128
    As with cats I have no clue how to skill dogs, so they'll require training no matter which household you choose.

Ps, this was inspiration number one, build two, and gift three. ;)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Dear buddy,

Sorry I'm dumping everything on you today, but the coming work weeks hours (all 46 of them, over 4 days, we had a big change so it's a transition week) are interesting to say the least and I don't know how functional I'll be Tuesday evening let alone Wednesday when I take a day off. Because I don't want to miss getting anything out to you before the end of gifting.

This one is a two parter
    The Prequel
    @DinoJr at the end of the prequel you will find two links, I will not be offended in the least if the full household as I started with is something you choose to skip over. I will sometimes start sims with parents to help cement in the in-game genetics, additionally it helped me get the images I wanted for the story.

Leif Family and Kaleva Origin
    Eir and Runi, the youngest of their families, were paired off by the elders of Kaleva to create the family Leif and to start a new house. A house that would hopefully help bring peace to the valley by joining two strong families.

Their pairing was bumpy at first, but over the centuries they fell in love with each other. When Eir became gravid a huge banquet was held in their honor.

During her gravid time Eir frequently felt as if there was constant conflict going on within her belly. When she birthed twins, a girl Hjordis (KHUUR-tees ), and a boy Tofi, there was confusion. The elders had previously decreed that eldest born would carry on the house name, but girls were never eldest born and therefor were never heads of family.
    screenshot-2_41.jpg?1558301338

You can read the rest of the prequel Here, as well as check out the pictures that were used for inspiration.
    For this part there is the option, should you choose to attempt to challenge your play style, of downloading the full Leif family; Eir, Runi, twins Hjordis & Tofi, the ever so creatively named Handy (not the same Handy who gave you the tour of Tomomi Center), and the two dogs/wolves Bjorn (female; traits: genius, loyal, and independent) & Gunnr (male; traits: hunter, loyal, and independent). www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9310125
    Or
    Just the Kaleva farm in it's almost a starter stage. www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9310126

Part two & The main final gift from me
    Lief Twins

By the time the twins were in their teens, Runi and Eir could no longer deny that soon they would have to use the potion on their children. Their only concern was would they live long enough to see the potion work it's affect of mellowing their anger towards each other.

The day the twins reached their majority they got into a terrible row and declared each other their mortal enemy. Eir quietly stirred the potion into two goblets, she handed one to Tofi, while Runi handed the other one to Hjordis. They then placed each sleeping twin into a separate simple room.
    screenshot-99_16.jpg?1558303670

You can read the rest of the twins story Here.
    Lief Twins and home Kaleva Farm 3 ways
    1. The twins plus their hounds www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9310127
    2. Twins, hounds, and house www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9310129
    3. Just the house www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9310128

Ps, this was inspiration number one, build two, and gift three. ;)

you have a job. i didn't know that. see old friend new info just like ciane :)
  • Options
    since my job totally forgot about me today i'll try and upload tomorrow work lefft me at kid check for 4 hours without a break. i only work 4 hours.
  • Options

I found something that fit my skill set and would work with the physical limitations I now have that I didn't used to have. I'd been out of work for a few years. As much as I still miss my old job, I'm loving my new (6 months now) job. :)

Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options

I found something that fit my skill set and would work with the physical limitations I now have that I didn't used to have. I'd been out of work for a few years. As much as I still miss my old job, I'm loving my new (6 months now) job. :)

thats awesome. :)
  • Options
    since my job totally forgot about me today i'll try and upload tomorrow work lefft me at kid check for 4 hours without a break. i only work 4 hours.
    I'm sorry to hear that your job forgot about you, that was not good of them.

Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options

well we were crazy busy. but still. the response to i never got my break should not be i'll roll back your time. if i work 4 hurs i should be paid for 4 hours. i told her not to roll it back. so we will see
  • Options

i'm sorry i didn't know you had a job. liam ate my orginal page along with all my friends awesome addy how does she do that ciane. the non fire breathing dragon. that one i think you'l get. theres more but i can't remember. i had over 10o.
  • Options
    HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

Dear @suzses, in your buddy letter you’ve mentioned several community lots that a castaway island may need to help the sims stranded there and you are right … every castaway definitely needs a consignment store to trade all those fish caught, vegetables harvested and collectables found :)

Are you ready to open gift No 2?

Please come and check out the ‘Mermaid’s Treasure Box’

8FqStPh.jpg?1

ww7M9jf.jpg?1

uVcq9lQ.jpg?1

tYd0GQk.jpg?1

9Jlfvhb.jpg?1

Any respectable castaway needs to do some dumpster diving ;)

eXhgGEz.jpg?1

Even if your castaways haven't got anything to sell there is plenty to keep them occupied on this lot ...

Link to Mermaid's Treasure Box: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9310143

Have fun!!! :D x
  • Options
    @friendsfan367 - Remember that your old site name didn't have the 7 at the end. You are still there with 441 friends.
    https://mypage.thesims3.com/friendslist.html?screenName=friendsfan36

@Mmdrgntobldrgn - I loved all your stories and all the options you provided. I plan to play the twins with wolves and lot (some day). Aren't these gift exchanges a bit overwhelming with all the options? It's like getting a new world to play with all the new families and their stories.

@Hidehi - Yay! So glad you like the house of the golden dragon (and it was very interesting to find that Addy had created it earlier in Sims 4!)
  • Options
    ciane wrote: »
    @friendsfan367 - Remember that your old site name didn't have the 7 at the end. You are still there with 441 friends.

@Mmdrgntobldrgn - I loved all your stories and all the options you provided. I plan to play the twins with wolves and lot (some day). Aren't these gift exchanges a bit overwhelming with all the options? It's like getting a new world to play with all the new families and their stories.

@Hidehi - Yay! So glad you like the house of the golden dragon (and it was very interesting to find that Addy had created it earlier in Sims 4!)

i can't see my friends. but i see the page.
  • Options
    it also wants me to add me to my friends list.

thanks for finding it i might stick with the new one just do my name is the same for both games. plus i'm367 on orgin.
  • Options
    ciane wrote: »

i like it too but with my goofy game i can't rec or download , rec i knew download suprised me i'm not a total stranger to orgin or ea so you think i could at least download.
  • Options
    ciane i hope you know i love you its just i decied one username was easier cause i might not have the problem again if the names match.
  • Options
    i also learned a life lesson today. if you have a long day don't whine about it cause today was longer thanyesterday.
  • Options
    @Hidehi - What a perfectly awesome little hangout! I love that it has a foosball table in it as well as a bookcase and computer in addition to the normal shop stuff. It has such a great shape! Really nice build!
  • Options
    MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    Hello Everyone!!

Just wanted y'all to know that I have been HERE (( points to forum gifting thread )) for most of the afternoon. I've been REC'ing EVERYONE'S gift(s) so far. And while I would be repeating myself if I said something about each one individually, let me just combine my thoughts into one big comment....

OH MY FREAKING GAWWWWWWD!!!! :o:o I have already stolen... I mean, SLIPPED some of your aMAYzing gifts into my pocket to stash in my very secretative box, to open much later. ;):D You guys are INCREDIBLE!! Once again, I feel ashamed of what I created for my buddy. YOUR BUILDS are soooooo much better than mine. :: cries ::

Anyway ..... Dear, dear Buddy. There is one little thing I still need to do before I can present you with anything. Please be patient a little while longer, ok?? I am HOPING to have everything done and uploaded either tomorrow (Monday, the 20th), or some time Tuesday (the 21st) after I get home from my rescheduled dr appointment.

Who knows? If everything works right, I could (hopefully) get it done. tonight !!
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • Options
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »
    Hello Everyone!!

Just wanted y'all to know that I have been HERE (( points to forum gifting thread )) for most of the afternoon. I've been REC'ing EVERYONE'S gift(s) so far. And while I would be repeating myself if I said something about each one individually, let me just combine my thoughts into one big comment....

OH MY FREAKING GAWWWWWWD!!!! :o:o I have already stolen... I mean, SLIPPED some of your aMAYzing gifts into my pocket to stash in my very secretative box, to open much later. ;):D You guys are INCREDIBLE!! Once again, I feel ashamed of what I created for my buddy. YOUR BUILDS are soooooo much better than mine. :: cries ::

Anyway ..... Dear, dear Buddy. There is one little thing I still need to do before I can present you with anything. Please be patient a little while longer, ok?? I am HOPING to have everything done and uploaded either tomorrow (Monday, the 20th), or some time Tuesday (the 21st) after I get home from my rescheduled dr appointment.

Who knows? If everything works right, I could (hopefully) get it done. tonight !!

knowing you tonight. :p thats my joking face.
  • Options
    LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    @ciane Wow! I really love all the gifts you made! Haiku and The House of the Golden Dragon are both gorgeous builds! I especially love the design and the color scheme! <3

@suzses : Serendipity Farms is amazing! I love the architecture! The Culpepper household does take gardening to a whole new level, they are truly fascinating! <3

@Jessabeans : I really like the detail you used in your build, the Riverview Mill, it is amazing both inside and out! I need to learn how to get my builds to look that dirty.. :D I also enjoyed your stories about the Miller family, and the Wren sisters, you write so well! The Blue Note is spectacular! I really love the exterior and the interior, an awesome renovancy! I also like the way it looked in it's glory days!

@SamelaRita :Beautiful Story! I really love stories of families being able to resolve their differences while staying close and their love for one another strengthens!

@60smusicluvr : All I can say is Kiss is fantastic! I love the décor! The saying "keep it simple silly" is one of my favorites! I always like sayings when they are smart and logical..

@Mystik1978 : Bendy Beach Bungalow looks super cozy, a place that I would love to spend a few days to get away from it all! Your daughter is really talented! What a beautiful horse!

@Hidehi: I love the detail you put into your Sims, Paige Turner and Rene Sance! I really like Jungle Camp, a fun place for an adventure!

@BreeMiles Those builds are so lovely! At first I was so jealous of Ciane, what a beautiful place, Ciane's Place! Then when I saw your gifts for all of us I thought wow! Bree is just awesome! Thank you for Chella Modern and Sulfer Lane, they will are so beautiful! That is so sweet of you!

@AlphaFen: Your Sim, Vincenzo Devlin is a truly cool and interesting character! I love the detail you put into him!

@DinoJr: I'd think twice before having dinner with Jolie and Adam! Awesome family! I really like all the details you used!

@Mmdrgntobldrgn: Tomomi Cultural Exchange is beautiful! I really like the garden and all the touches you added to the lot!

@Kgaff :Annelise Carlson is beautiful Sim, I wish I could create Sims like that! I love her home Black Mountain Cottage, that is such a beautiful home for Aurora Skies!

@KaytayRoall : I hardly play Twinbrook myself, and yes I do believe that Addy was trying to get us out of our comfort zone and make us explore new creative options, ;) at least that is what I thought when I did my gift! You truly rose to the occasion! Bayou Craftsman is amazing! I love the way you did the windows! <3

I hope I didn't miss anyone.. I am falling asleep, I am so groggy! I look forward to download your creations!

• Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    What a great day of gifting! So much to look at and read. I'm all done in for today. See you all tomorrow. Good night :sleepy:
  • Options
    LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    @ADWilson Your two sims Marge and Dolan are difinitely what great renovancy stories are made for! If they truly care about it each other their relationship is sure to change for the better..

@Hidehi : Wow!! Mermaid's Treasure Box is truly amazing!! I love the exterior design and the interiors make it look like a truly fun place to hang out! I have always liked the details you add to your builds!! <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top