Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A reluctant sims 4 Pros(and cons) list

I'm not the biggest fan of the latest iteration of the sims franchise. I'm not ashamed to admit that I have added my fair share of complaints on this forum. Despite all of that though, even I have to admit that there are some things this game has going for it that the others didn't. So I decided to play devils advocate for a minute and make a list of all the things I liked about ts4. But because I couldn't just make this a list of pros, I added some cons as well.

1. The gender update.
Pro- This was something new and innovative that we had never seen in the sims franchise before and I am all for it. This is something I hope they continue to include it future iterations of the game moving forward.
Con- I couldn't find a con for this one. It was very well implemented.

2. World aesthetic and ambiance.
Pro- The worlds in this game are gorgeous. They just are. I've seen landscape and sunset screenshots on these forums that are just beautiful. Not only that but they did an awesome job of making each individual world have its own unique feel to it that really make you feel like your traveling to different parts of the world. For example, Del Sol Valley really feels like your in LA or southern California while San Myshuno gives off New York vibes and Widenburgh makes me feel like i'm traveling through Europe.
Con-Most of the worlds are just set dressing and backdrop. You can't interact with most of it and its a shame.

3. More than one boyfriend/girlfriend.
Pro- This would have been something that would have come in handy in ts3 with the heartbreaker aspiration. I can't tell you how frustrating that one is for me because of how long it takes to romance a sim, ask them to date, then break up with them and repeat nine more times after that.
Con-There is a bug that makes it so that you can't marry someone if you have any of those previous relationships still active. Even if the person you are trying to marry is one of said boyfriends/girlfriends already. You have to go back and break up with every single one of them afterwards and sometimes it still doesn't work. I know not everyone has this bug but for those that do it can be rather tedious and time consuming, not to mention tricky if some of them have died or been culled. It was fixed once but seems to have made a comeback with one of the latest patches. Also (and I know this doesn't really have anything to do with this but...) you can have as many bfs/gfs as you want but you can only have one best friend? That doesn't make any sense to me.

4. Vampires.
Pro-Vampires were done pretty well in this version of the game. I like how they did the vampire skill gains this time around, and the cool powers they have to explore.
Con-Another bug not allowing master vampires to continue to gain skill points.

5. Travel between worlds.
Pro- I love how you can travel/move between all worlds without losing relationship with other sims you leave behind. That's one of the things I didn't like about the sims 3.
Con- Loading screens. I dislike them so much! And i'm not just talking about the ones between worlds, (we had those in ts3 as well) I mean the ones you get when visiting anywhere in your own neighborhood. Want to visit the neighbors, go to a restaurant, the library, gym, the park you can literally see out your window? Loading screen. I hope they get rid of the ones in your own neighborhood so we can have a least semi open worlds.

6. Buy mode.
Pro- Being able to type in the item that you are looking for instead of spending 10mins. looking through everything is a lifesaver. As some one who still plays ts3 and has every pack and a good chuck of ts3 store I can tell you it is a pain in the bottom to look through all that content when you want to find that one thing you know you have but can't remember what category its in. Being able to sort by color is a plus as well.
Con-Couldn't find a con for this one either. Two points for s4.

7. Club system/Calendar
Pro- I am pleasantly surprised by how well the club system works from GT. You can make a club for almost anything you can think of in this game and I thinks its a really cool feature. Being able to keep track of holidays and birthdays on the calendar is pretty neat. I like that you can plan for things in advance and not have to worry about it. The added touch of being able to make your own holidays is what makes this feature for me though.
Con- Another one without a con so another point for s4.

So there's my list. Still not a fan of the game as a whole but these are some of the things I like and hope they continue to improve upon and implement in the next sims game to come. What are some of yours?
Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn

Comments

• EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    Hmm....most of us here on this side are here because we enjoy sims 4. I dont even really consider the cons , as Im too busy enjoying my game most of the time :D Theres already a thread this would have fit in.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    maybe they will fix the bugs I like 2 3 and 4
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • danixmcdanixmc Posts: 32 Member
    I agree with everything you have said here :) although the sims 4 is a wonderful game it does have some issues which need to be resolved
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Everything is a pro. It's superior in every way. Yeah there are some glitches in the game but it's expected and the previous games had them too so how this is a con I will never understand.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    I love the game, don’t get me wrong, but cons for #6: a lot of items have very creative names so it’s hard to think of the right words to find the item you want to find. Another con is that you can’t search by emotional aura. I really wish I could type in “focused” or “inspired” etc to find all the objects that alter those emotions.

Also, why are you not a fan of the game as a whole? TS3 was my favorite. I’d rather play 3 but it just won’t run right for me. Load times are so long even with a SSD, lag is super bad. But what are the things to you that make you say that?
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    Loading screens aren't a con for me cause I use a ssd and they load fast. An option in the settings for beefier pcs to load a full hood would be appreciated (particularly in apartments for me) but I don't see it coming. But I would much rather the under 10 sec load time compared to lagging through ts3.

Apart from the glitches where sims falls down for me is the incompleteness but that's expected when they're still pumping out content for it. We're overdue university, a hobbies pack, a beach destination and more wedding/party stuff.

One glitch that really breaks and annoys my rotational play, is the family tree being pruned and separated. That is the one thing that properly upsets me while played.
    caitytrina.png
  • ccarrig_95ccarrig_95 Posts: 525 Member
    For me there are a lot of things I love about TS3 that I would love incorporated in TS4. I definitely love the open worlds, world adventures, island paradise and the pets pack, among other things. Those keep me going back to TS3. But TS4 has a lot of things I like too. I love that there are some careers in which you follow your sim, the pregnancy tests (much easier than going to the phone and seeing if travel is grayed out), travelling between towns without moving and losing relationships. I also love the CAS options better.
    I1VZWOJ.jpg
    (Top left to bottom right)Edur Zahrah, Cinderella, Tiana, Pocahantas, Ariel, Aurora, Belle, Emerson, Nicole, Traci, Addisyn
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    @KirbySkywalker The reason i'm not really a fan of this one is...i'm not really sure how to explain it. Ts3 and ts4 just have different play feels to me and I just prefer ts3 feel to ts4. Also I can't play for more than a few minutes without getting bored. The game is pretty but its all surface. The sims themselves, despite being advertised as "smarter sims" really aren't in my opinion. They all have the same generic personality that is easily manipulated by decor and traits seem to have little to no affect on the way they react to things. I just always keep going back to ts3 despite all the bugs and performance issues.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Everything is a pro. It's superior in every way. Yeah there are some glitches in the game but it's expected and the previous games had them too so how this is a con I will never understand.

Nothing is superior in every way.

Traits/Personality were superior in Sims 2 and Sims 3 than they are in Sims 4. Because the traits in Sims 4 get overpowered 90% of the time due to the emotion system. Traits/Personality in Sims 2 weren't overshadowed by anything.

Sims 4 has the superior toddlers, though.

Glitches are always cons, even if they are expected. I do give props to EA for having a better bug fixing schedule with Sims 4 than they did with Sims 2 and Sims 3. Hopefully this means that a higher percentage of bugs will be fixed when EA is done with the series and moved on to Sims 5 than either Sims 2 or Sims 3 have.

I also prefer Sims 2 and Sims 3 to Sims 4. There's something missing from Sims 4 that I found in Sims 2 and Sims 3. I unfortunately can't put my finger on it. But the traits issue is part of it most likely.
  • GamersDecideGamersDecide Posts: 1 New Member
    There are certainly a lot of pros to be found within Sims 4. The types of traits in particular seem pretty great. But many people might be wondering how best to go about creating their Sims, so we've narrowed down the 10 best traits to give to any Sims, as well as what exactly each Sims gets out of each trait! Take a look! :)

ht tps://w ww[dot]gamersdecide[dot]com/articles/sims-4-best-traits
  • KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    @KirbySkywalker The reason i'm not really a fan of this one is...i'm not really sure how to explain it. Ts3 and ts4 just have different play feels to me and I just prefer ts3 feel to ts4. Also I can't play for more than a few minutes without getting bored. The game is pretty but its all surface. The sims themselves, despite being advertised as "smarter sims" really aren't in my opinion. They all have the same generic personality that is easily manipulated by decor and traits seem to have little to no affect on the way they react to things. I just always keep going back to ts3 despite all the bugs and performance issues.

I agree with you, in ts3 I felt like everything was so deep that possibilities were endless. But in ts4 an entire pack feels like it can be fully experienced in a day or 2.
  • DramaticpianoDramaticpiano Posts: 39 Member
    More Friendship and romance options would be cool, like in sims mobile friendemies or long lost friends, it would add some nessasery depth to the game😁 (sorry if I misspelled anything)
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    All I can say is this: If Sims 4 at its very core isn't your kind of game, then just leave it be and don't play it. I doubt that its basic functions will be redone to accommodate those who still prefer Sims 3. Keep in mind that many Sims 4 fans don't feel it needs any change - besides some extensive bugfixing, that is.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I've played sims 4 for years now, bought almost all dlc, engaged with it... but i'm now at a point when i realise that i can add whatever to the game that it won't change the fact that sims are always similar. I'm not ashame of saying that it took me 4 years to understand that the last iteration of the franchise i love is not doing it for me. Sims act all the same, with whatever i add. I love The Sims, i think abojt playing even when i'm not, but then i can't play more than 15 min. Always trying to set rules to pretend my sims have the traits i chose for them... i don't know.
  • KruegerKrueger Posts: 130 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    I've played sims 4 for years now, bought almost all dlc, engaged with it... but i'm now at a point when i realise that i can add whatever to the game that it won't change the fact that sims are always similar. I'm not ashame of saying that it took me 4 years to understand that the last iteration of the franchise i love is not doing it for me. Sims act all the same, with whatever i add. I love The Sims, i think abojt playing even when i'm not, but then i can't play more than 15 min. Always trying to set rules to pretend my sims have the traits i chose for them... i don't know.

If it makes you feel better, I bought every expansion pack there was for Sims 3 (none of the SP or store content though) up to and including Island Living before I realized that 3 just wasn't for me. I had some fun with it, but I was consistently disappointed. I don't know if I've ever played a game where I felt so constantly scammed haha. It can be weirdly hard to admit to yourself that a series you once loved just isn't doing it for you anymore and all you're doing by buying packs is throwing money into a problem that won't be solved.