Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tropical Island EP Speculation

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2019
    Sofmc9 wrote: »
    I want them to swim in Willow Creek lakes, Dannydanbo. When did the devs say editing old worlds will affect our saves? : /

They have always said that since the Sims 4 came out. Even adding a toggle to a world broke the saves so they could not even do that. (They tried to add them with aliens and found even that bit of change broke saves). It was also why pets could not been both ways and why they had to choose how they were before the ep came out.

The sims 4 worlds are not editable worlds like we had in past games. The first time i recall them mentioning that was back when we had the "Ask us anything" forum and we got to ask engineers and animators etc questions about making the game etc. They gave us a totally new world even to have more lots because these finished worlds could not have lots added even without breaking saves.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Teena94Teena94 Posts: 65 Member
    Everything you described sounds amazingggg! I really miss the beach from sims 3 so I just really want a nice beach my sims can chill on and host parties at (I used to do a lot of beach parties in sims 3 and I miss that). I also love the idea of hotels, thought like another poster said, that might be a good idea for a game pack. I just really love the idea of having my sims spend a few nights away with room service, perks, the option for cheap hostels and luxury hotels and the experiences that can come along with them, which could prove very entertaining.
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    Teena94 wrote: »
    Everything you described sounds amazingggg! I really miss the beach from sims 3 so I just really want a nice beach my sims can chill on and host parties at (I used to do a lot of beach parties in sims 3 and I miss that). I also love the idea of hotels, thought like another poster said, that might be a good idea for a game pack. I just really love the idea of having my sims spend a few nights away with room service, perks, the option for cheap hostels and luxury hotels and the experiences that can come along with them, which could prove very entertaining.

This makes me want resorts/hotels even more than I wanted them!
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    There better be curved pools in Tropical Paradise!
    348n8kx.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    348n8kx.jpg

If the next EP is about the beach and ocean swimming, why would they waste time and money on stuff for pools? The point of ocean swimming is to NOT swimming in pools, so pool stuff (which would be a better stuff pack) would be unnecessary.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    348n8kx.jpg

If the next EP is about the beach and ocean swimming, why would they waste time and money on stuff for pools? The point of ocean swimming is to NOT swimming in pools, so pool stuff (which would be a better stuff pack) would be unnecessary.

True. I would rather them have a stuff pack with water slides and stuff. The only thing that I want in Tropical Paradise that's pool -related is pool floaties since you can use those in the ocean too.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    suzyl3 wrote: »
    348n8kx.jpg

True. I would rather them have a stuff pack with water slides and stuff. The only thing that I want in Tropical Paradise that's pool -related is pool floaties since you can use those in the ocean too.
    I'm hoping for pool slides and pool waterfalls in addition to floaties.
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    But why do we want to pay $40 for things we can’t use in other worlds. I don’t want to pay $40 for 1 world, no matter what I can do in it. All EP’s have systems that work throughout worlds, what would this one have?
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited May 2019
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    But why do we want to pay $40 for things we can’t use in other worlds. I don’t want to pay $40 for 1 world, no matter what I can do in it. All EP’s have systems that work throughout worlds, what would this one have?

But do they. I cannot have a star studio in any world but the one it comes with or apts and the festivals anywhere but CL. Did you buy those? Shoot GTW careers are not in any world period - we just go there. That is actually more the norm in this game - not the exception. Look at house rentals they are only in Vacation worlds even.

Also only Sims 3 allowed swimming in all the oceans - but considering you could only play in one world at a time - it was understandable to allow other ocean front worlds to have swimming too. Sims 3 was the exception. Sims 1 and 2 only allowed ocean swimming in vacation worlds period - not even in the regular worlds.

Also the fact remains we are supposing something we have no knowledge of to start with - as who knows maybe the upgrade to the game may make a difference in the way things were anyway. But either way it would not bother me seeing I realize Sims 3 is the odd one actually.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Writin_Reg wrote: »

But do they. I cannot have a star studio in any world but the one it comes with or apts and the festivals anywhere but CL. Did you buy those? Shoot GTW careers are not in any world period - we just go there. That is actually more the norm in this game - not the exception. Look at house rentals they are only in Vacation worlds even.

Preach
    With the exception (and not knowing what will be included in this pack) anything that comes in this pack can be used in any other world. If you want loungers around your home pool, add them. If you want to sun on a towel in your sims backyard, do it. If you want to redecorate your house with tropical furniture, you can. If there is surfing via a wave machine, place it in your pool.

Ocean swimming would appear to be the only thing tied to the new world. And as @Writin_Reg pointed out, this would not be the first (nor probably the last) to have a feature that can only be used in that world.

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited May 2019
    If Island Paradise is the next pack almost 1 year after the Caribbean free content, does the Yeti costume mean a Winter Vacation pack is planned soon ?
    If Island Paradise is the next pack almost 1 year later the Caribbean free content, does the Yeti costume mean a Winter Vacation pack is planned soon ?

I hope so!!!
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    If theoretically true, I'm okay with not swimming in Willow Creek, Brindleton Bay, etc... most of those places don't seem like places I'd go swimming in anyway. *shrugs*
    If Island Paradise is the next pack almost 1 year after the Caribbean free content, does the Yeti costume mean a Winter Vacation pack is planned soon ?

I hope so but if it is it would be a Gamepack.
  • yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    I’m hoping the new world is residential. I really want my family to live on an island. I also hope we have swimmable oceans.
    yupp wrote: »
    I’m hoping the new world is residential. I really want my family to live on an island. I also hope we have swimmable oceans.

Yupp. :D
    With the exception (and not knowing what will be included in this pack) anything that comes in this pack can be used in any other world. If you want loungers around your home pool, add them. If you want to sun on a towel in your sims backyard, do it. If you want to redecorate your house with tropical furniture, you can. If there is surfing via a wave machine, place it in your pool.

Ocean swimming would appear to be the only thing tied to the new world. And as @Writin_Reg pointed out, this would not be the first (nor probably the last) to have a feature that can only be used in that world.

Loungers, furniture, surfing machine... Sounds like a Stuff Pack. Then add a world and we get,.. a GP? It just doesn’t seem to have the potential for an EP to me.

Loungers, furniture, surfing machine... Sounds like a Stuff Pack. Then add a world and we get,.. a GP? It just doesn’t seem to have the potential for an EP to me.

Graham said loungers wouldn't work in a stuffpack.

Well, at this point we don't know for sure that it is a tropical pack and we really have no idea what they might put in a tropical pack, so for you to list the few things people have speculated might be in a tropical pack and claim "sounds like stuff pack" is a little sad. If you don't want this to be a tropical pack, that's fine, to each their own. But stop trying to rain on other players parade that are speculating about the pack and are excited for it to be announced.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Also only Sims 3 allowed swimming in all the oceans - but considering you could only play in one world at a time - it was understandable to allow other ocean front worlds to have swimming too. Sims 3 was the exception. Sims 1 and 2 only allowed ocean swimming in vacation worlds period - not even in the regular worlds.

Also the fact remains we are supposing something we have no knowledge of to start with - as who knows maybe the upgrade to the game may make a difference in the way things were anyway. But either way it would not bother me seeing I realize Sims 3 is the odd one actually.

Actually that’s not true, I have a beach lot in one of my sims 2 neighbourhoods. I think it’s a sub hood of BellaDonna Cove, but my sims go swimming all the time there. I made a beach lot because I didn’t want the only time my sims got to go to the beach was on vacation and now they can. They can do everything on the beach there they can do on the beach on vacation.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yeah, you can place a beach lot in any TS2 neighborhood that has a road that's close enough to a body of water. The only problem is that the only premade neighborhood before Bon Voyage that can support this is Bluewater Village IIRC, which limits your choices

I would love beachfront property in a hypothetical TS4 beach pack btw :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • TheMagnoliaTheMagnolia Posts: 174 Member
    jooxis wrote: »
    If theoretically true, I'm okay with not swimming in Willow Creek, Brindleton Bay, etc... most of those places don't seem like places I'd go swimming in anyway. *shrugs*
    This. Nothing about the bodies of water we have in game now would make me want to have my Sims swim in it except for Granite Falls.

Well, at this point we don't know for sure that it is a tropical pack and we really have no idea what they might put in a tropical pack, so for you to list the few things people have speculated might be in a tropical pack and claim "sounds like stuff pack" is a little sad. If you don't want this to be a tropical pack, that's fine, to each their own. But stop trying to rain on other players parade that are speculating about the pack and are excited for it to be announced.

Since this is speculation, as you say, I’m not “raining on anyone’s parade”. I’m speculating as well, just as much as you do. There’s nothing “sad” about that.

You speculate that these things all might be in it; I speculate that’s not enough for a full expansion and I wonder what the overall thing could be. To each their own and all is allowed here as we don’t know anything yet.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    well we don't even know it will be the pack we think it is
    more for sim kids and more drama please