Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 aMAYzing Gift Exchange ~ DONE :)

Comments

• Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @LMC6255
    The Albertson family is large, boisterous and obviously close-knit! They look like they'll be fun to play.
    Their Ranch perfectly suits all their needs! The spacious floor plan ensures less squabbling as kids are busy during the morning rush before school and there is plenty of comfortable seating for when this active family finds time to relax.
  • Options
    KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    Good Golly!!!! Don't you people sleep!!! I can't get over how many gifts have already been revealed. <3 I'm torn between commenting (aka catching up) or getting a gift out.

I don't think making my buddy wait would be nice so here goes.

@Jessabeans Come On Down, It's your turn in the aMayzing gift exchange. When I got your name I was a bit apprehensive because I have seen your builds ( and downloaded almost all of them ;) ) I hope I measure up.

First off we have a new sim for you. From your letter I stayed in Hidden Springs and Aurora Skies and focused on learning as much as I could about Scandinavia. It was really fascinating to learn about a new culture but more on that later.

Gift 1 in 2 parts
    Gift 1 part 1

Your first gift is our hostess, Annelise Carlson, Anna for short.

Anna is just starting out on her own. Having been born in Aurora Skies she wanted to move to a new town but still wanted that Scandinavian charm. Hidden Springs looked like it might just fit the bill.

Anna is adventurous, loves the outdoors and is athletic among other things

47849540491_55e27b3e41_z.jpg

47849539861_81b432ee71_z.jpg

First thing Anna had to do was find a place to live. Most of the vacant homes were well above her price range and then one morning she was out walking pondering whether she had made a huge mistake about leaving home. She turned the corner and there sat a little house she had never seen before. After learning that she could finally afford it she moved right in. ( I seriously cannot believe I got this for a starter price!) The furnishings are sparse and look like hand-me-downs but it will work for now.

Gift 1 part 2

Black Mountain Cottage

33972180918_639ba24d04_z.jpg

47849540071_264a3202de_z.jpg

46933259285_c6899920f5_z.jpg

Link to Anna -- https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9310078
    Link to Black Mountain Cottage -- https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9310080
  • Options
    Mystik1978 wrote: »
    @ADWilson One thing I can always say about you is you are and always have been an EPIC host. Always stepping up when problems arise and making sure no one has to go without! Marge and Dan are a wonderful set of Sims and I am looking forward to finding out if their idea to pool their money together is a good one, will it end in love, hate or a mix of both!

Thank YOU :)
    I like to think it will work out for them but our game sure likes to toss unexpected moments at us! LOL
  • Options
    Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    @60smusicluvr I will be honest with all the bumps, lumps and clanging that I heard coming from you over there, even from afar, I have been dying to see the final outcome in all its glory and you did not disappoint. I enjoyed the tour of your build and though you seemed a bit worried about your presentation I think you did a great job. The build itself is amazing I love the detail of many of the rooms, as well as the skill involved in several of the rooms; such as the living room TV and the stairs. Goddess knows I could never have done that!!! It has been rec and shipped as my daughter would say to me a good 10 years ago "Swiper no swiping!!!"
  • Options
    Now to play catch up with all the new stuff

First I have to say something to @60smusicluvr ! <3 One of the things I love about the gift exchanges is seeing how other people use objects and build new things that I have never seen before. Then when I go in game and see them I think how creative to put those items together to make an entirely new object. That is what I'm looking forward to exploring in KISS. I love the living room!! I can't wait to see how you did the tv wall. Stunning <3 And the double arches into the kitchen and the wine racks and the cabinet you used for the upper, nice!

I can't wrap my head around the split level, that I will just have to see for myself.

I love all the cozy spaces you created and I do see some of your own unique (in a good, great way) style coming through. I will make note of that "cheat" you mentioned ;)

Thank you so much, I can't wait to check it all out <3
  • Options
    @Kgaff
    Anna is a lovely sim!
    Black Mountain Cottage is cute and I seriously can't get over the fact that it meets the starter budget!!
  • Options
    @Hidehi

First I have to mention ..... I love your Castaway story, I remember playing the separate game "Sims Castaways" it was one of my favorite in the "story packs" matter of fact I might even still have my disk for them in my "old school game case" it has things like the original Neverwinter Nights, the Forgotten Realms Ravenloft games, Sims 1 disks and so much more! BUT that is completely off topic back to your gift.

Wooo Weee .... Rene is one handsome sim! And Paige looks like she is not going to take any cr-p from any long lost island!!! Your outfit recolors are really nice. Their base camp really fits the storyline and brings the entire story to life. I got a giggle with your last line "
    Whether they’ll end up ‘surviving’ the island and each other or not only time and your guidance will tell …"
    Wonderful job! They are rec'd and awaiting to be download into my game .... errr, I mean your buddies game ;) I will have to let you know how they end up on my end, errr ... if I was snaking them - which I am not .... going to snake them .... until tomorrow ;) (Mainly because my daughter is on my desktop and it is my main Sims gaming machine - But that makes no nevermind).
  • Options
    @60smusicluvr
    KISS is a cute name for this cute home! LOVE the way you were able to create the clever TV wall. From the charming curb appeal to the comfortable furnishings and cozy colors, this home is warm & welcoming! Easy to see it placed in a variety of towns!!
  • Options
    AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    Thanks to everyone for all the support for basically gifting my Buddy a walking credit liability

@DinoJr O my Gaston! That’s incredible! I love them! :D Jolie’s dresses are spot on and I’ve been meaning to play a werewolf so the Prince is perfect! And Maurice is so sweet! I’ve already married him off to one of my sims in my head! The best part of it is, apart from the fact I’ve taken over your and @KaytayRoall household which is a life long dream B) , is that I would never have thought of this myself it is an absolutely brilliant surprise! And don’t worry yourself about a third gift, enjoy gifting time cos believe me I’ve already feel like I'm in a fairy tale <3

@BreeMiles Thank you for the group builds they such are pleasing mix of modern and traditional my sims will surely ruin enjoy them to breaking point immediately

@LMC6255 Lovely story to go with your family and great use of blues in a great family home, my favourite being the wicker kitchen chairs modern yet country

@Mmdrgntobldrgn Great idea and very useful, plus I'm always a sucker for a tower ;)

@Kgaff Honestly Anneliese is just absolutely beautiful :)

@ciane How did you create the tatami effect? It's incredible and the way you've made it so Zen and open to nature at the back *sighs* I have to steal it now, why do you make me do these things? :'(

Also thank you for
    ciane wrote: »
    @AlphaFen – Your creativity is boundless.

Because I think that's what frightens most people ;)
  • Options
    KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    edited May 2019
    Wow! I always think I know what to expect when gifting day comes and then I'm blown away anyway. So many amazing creations have been posted already. I guess I'm late to the party. Sorry to keep you waiting! Without further ado...

To: @equuest
    Gift #1

Hi, I'm your buddy! Addy wasn't kidding when she said she made her pairings to challenge people. I knew that right away when I read your letter. I'm completely unfamiliar with Twinbrook and at least one of the other things you requested (more on that in a few days ;)). You also have similar tastes to me in other ways, though, like your enjoyment of craftsman style homes. So your first gift is a craftsman house built for the swampy area of Twinbrook.

Bayou Craftsman - https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9310085

47092131064_8ed8f3d4d0_c.jpg

Built over the swamp on the outskirts of Twinbrook, this home has weathered the elements and remains a haven amongst the marshy surroundings. With three bedrooms and two and a half bathrooms, the house is furnished for a small family, with lots of rustic "charm."

40915130283_087d4d2b5d_c.jpg
    There's a roomy deck on both the front and back, built out over the swampy waters.

40915131083_056c0c76fe_c.jpg
    Entering through the front door, you'll find a small living room to your right...

34004413438_cdbd40ee0f_c.jpg
    ...and a reading nook to the left.

40915131683_0e168f24b8_c.jpg
    Moving right along, is the kitchen...

40915132203_451c7aaaa8_c.jpg
    ...with eat-in dining area and door to the back deck. It also has the door to the...

47881579791_1259728863_c.jpg
    ...master bedroom, with...

40915135363_aa706cd78c_c.jpg
    ...attached bathroom.

That's it for the first floor, so let's head upstairs.

40915142173_a50f3d30f3_c.jpg
    The first upstairs bedroom is for young ones, from newborns to children, with both a crib and bed.

40915143163_0109cd24e9_c.jpg
    The second upstairs bedroom is decorated with a teenager in mind.

Not pictured: upstairs bathroom and first floor half bath, both of which were too small for decent pictures.

And here's the layouts.
    32937453887_88b70b25e8_c.jpg
    47881586391_041cccd44e_c.jpg

I hope you enjoy this home, whether you play in it yourself or as an NPC house for your Twinbrook rebuild, as much as I enjoyed building it. It was very fun to go for the weathered, old and battered look and even some of the things that I tried to make "ugly" now just lend themselves to the overall charm of the place in my eyes. :) And stay tuned, there will be more for you tomorrow!

ETA: Built for 574 Bayou Gulch Drive in Twinbrook, but should fit in any of the 30x30 lots in that swampy area.
    Post edited by KaytayRoall on
  • Options
    mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    Ooof I need to get my fam uploaded
    Oh hamburgers!
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    Wow I leave for a moment or two and my my look at all the beautiful stuff I return to see! Very lovely everyone, head back to the exchange to give out some more love with DL's and Rec'd!
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    @AlphaFen Thank you so much for your kind words on my build and my daughter's horses. They do indeed have "character" but I think that will definitely make them unique for her fowl challenge ... Just think of the babies they would make. My daughter did not want them to be sister and brother in case Kaytay wanted to breed them together. So while they came from the same crappy owner they are not related. I did get a bit of outside advice from Addie and Romagi on my build ... but really I was surprised I was able to do most of it without running for help every few seconds .... Instead, it was every few minutes ;)

I must have missed Mama Dragon's link for her stories when I was rounding up everyone's pages. Think you can share me that link? Please and thank you.

As far as Vincenzo Devlin I giggled way to hard when reading about him. He sounds like such a fun sim to play. It's funny my gameplay always seems to have "good sims" with little to no quirks and such I might have to try my hand at a different type of gameplay. I know there are a million challenges but I have never heard of a "loser" one. Will have to check that one out in a bit. Wonder gift!

@ADWilson As always thank you for your kind words, the bungalow never would have made it out of my head if not for your kind words of encouragement telling me to try things I was scared to try. My daughter wants me to thank everyone for their kind words on her horses she said she loved the names so much she wishes she could own her own Pearl and Onyx in real life .... Maybe one day little one, maybe one day I say!

@BreeMiles What wonderful gifts you can tell just by looking at them that you put in a lot of thought and effort for your buddy. Ciane's Place is super cute and never fear .... it will still be called Ciane's place once I steal it and place it in my game *evil grin* Ciane just might have to send a sim to come to visit her place in my game. ;) Edward somewhat reminds me of a gamer who used to run a hobby shop called Campaign Headquarters a place I use to frequent in my youth. I have no doubt he will be the next da Vinci!

Thank you for the "for everyone gifts"! You are such a talented builder I am delighted to have these two gems in my game ... Well, I will be delighted as soon as I can get my desktop back from my daughter. *sighs* But, it is so much easier for her to work her school work on the desktop so I am stuck with the gimp laptop for the sake of Ed'umac'ation ;)

• Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    BreeMiles wrote: »
    Wow I leave for a moment or two and my my look at all the beautiful stuff I return to see! Very lovely everyone, head back to the exchange to give out some more love with DL's and Rec'd!

Tell me about it! I was starting my way through things when hubby dragged me off to a yard sale, which was fine because I found a nice basket :D but didn't do anything for my catching up. Since home, he's wanted to chat and feed me, and you can't argue with any of that, can you?

I have made it over to the exchange and handed out rec's and downloaded a couple things and faved the rest to check out later. Now, I just need to make some comments here and work on my next gift presentation. Maybe you could all slow down in the meantime so I don't get any further behind. ;):Do:)

Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    @ciane - Whoa! Those apartments are wonderful and such a huge undertaking. I love that the balconies all have something different on them from skills to relaxing. I think the Wangs (I bet that gets plummed out) will very much enjoy living there. They look like a great family and well on their way. Maybe some of them will find their way to the House of the Golden Dragon. Love the layout and how you did the mats. It looks very authentic.
    @suzses I adore the Lainey's story and I'm really curious how Colin and Lena will get along. As others have already pointed out the clothing suits them so well. I really like the story and how you have them tell us about the farm. Then the farm itself is gorgeous. I always like your color schemes and how you decorate
    @jessabeans Riverview Mill and the Millers is a great renovancy challenge. I love how the mill will be brought back to life by the Millers. I love the story of their lives and how they came to be together. It would be fun to see how others fix up the mill and follow their lives.
    @SamelaRita You are such a good story teller, and we have so many here. I especially liked the screen shot of when you took us back in time. I can't wait to see what is next.
    @ADWilson or to the buddy you are helping out, Margaret and Dan will be welcome in any town! I'm wondering how things will work out for them.
    @60smusicluvr I love it as you already know KISS is the way to go!
    @Mystick1978 your daughter did a great job! It might be nice to have such colorful horsies running around. Very creative names too!
    Bendy Beach Bungalow is a perfect beach house with all the windows facing out to the water. Nice layout too.
    @Hidehi I think I snorted coffee all over my desk when I read the names of your fabulous sims. I love puns! The idea of castaways sounds intriguing.
    @BreeMiles Ciane's place looks marvelous. I like the combo of textures on the front, can't wait to see the inside. I have to get Edward in game and see what he's all about.
    Thank you for the community gifts they look amazing, you have been very busy!
    @AlphaFen OMG more coffee all over my desk! (snort) Vincenzo, I'm going to put him on autoplay and just sit back and watch him get in trouble.
    @DinoJr A great looking family and a wonderful horse. I like families with diverse interests, can't wait to see them in person.
    @Mmdrgntobldgrn Tomomi Cultural Exchange Center is one of those places I love my simmies to visit with so much to do and explore. Nice build!
    @LMC6255 Craftsman style is always a good choice and I love that barn. Great story about the family.
    @KaytayRoall Bayou Craftsman is eerily, swampy perfect! I can feel the fog envelope it. I have an idea of who should live in it, but at the same time it's a bit "charmingly" scary.
    Post edited by Kgaff on
  • Options
    @KaytayRoall
    Bayou Craftsman is perfect for Twinbrook! The weathered exterior along with the worn but cozy interior hint at a home that has been used and loved by generations of sims.
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    @DinoJr hopefully your day has gone wonderfully

Gift #2, which was gift 1 in build order, but concept 2 in design order is ready for you to explore.
    (hopefully that didn't make you dizzy, admittedly it does come close to Who's on First. ;) )

Thanks to @ADWilson there is no longer surprise from one of the residents in the hallway, that would have been an embarrassing oops.

Seaver and Strand Backstory

Darya Seaver (traits: loner, loves the outdoors, gatherer, neat, and green thumb) is a natural born witch with a passion for alchemy. She grew up in an orphanage with no ties or connections which limited her options as a young adult. She rambled and roamed for many a year, until one day she stumbled on an abandoned home on the outskirts of Barnacle Bay.
    screenshot-68_22.jpg?1558285597
    As she stared at the shuttered shell of a house trying to decide if this was to become her forever home she felt something brush against her ankles, from both sides.
    Read more Here >>>> Full backstory and a 27 image slide show
    If you wish to skip the backstory and go straight to the downloads
    Options 1 & 2
    Seaver & Strand straight from cas household only or with their shell of a starter home.
    Contrary to the backstory Ronan is already a child, and Darya has just entered her adult stage when I created them. Ronan's back story has shifted a little, but only in terms of age at being found on the beach.
    Sims household only: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9310100
    Sims and the starter shell: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9310101
    Option's 3, 4, & 5
    1. Darya & Ronan plus cats as a household lightly skilled. Sorry I don't know how to get pets skilled up besides horses. www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9310108
    2. The household plus their fixed up tudor house. www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9310106
    3. The house, fully fixed up ... not even close to a starter budget, by itself should you wish to use it for a different family. www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9310107
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    @LMC6255 – I love your family and their horse with their large house and perfect barn. Your landscaping is great and I love those wicker dining chairs too. You created an awesome presentation. I don’t know what you were worried about!

@Kgaff – What an awesome sim. No doubt whatsoever of her Scandinavian origins. (I felt like you did when I read Hidehi’s request for a culture that I needed to research as well. And I agreed with Anna. I was surprised to find that was a starter. Awesome. Both are in my game waiting very impatiently for me to come play with them.

@AlphaFen – I used the stone floor with the edging options on a corner and just one side. I tried to use the weave pattern on it, but it wouldn’t turn 90 degrees. So, then I looked at wood grains that offered choices in two directions as well as the cloth pattern that has two choices of direct as well. It is somewhat challenging to lay them out in what you think might be a good pattern. And of course you can’t recolor the whole floor at once, but sometimes you get lucky and using shift will net you a couple other nearby tiles. Sigh. Know or experiment on the first tile so you can copy it into places as much as possible and copy the texture. Sometimes it’s easier to just buy a new tile and turn it the way you want it.

@KaytayRoall – Oh my, that place looks so realistic. I’m in awe! I LOVE that soft wood and brick and the detailing on the porch roof. And, what you did with the vegetation fits in perfectly. I also love the wood floors and the ceiling tile and even the blinds! I love the way you’ve angled things in the corners. And, I love that mix of woods on the doors, table and chairs, shelves, cabinets, and counters. The layout is awesome too!

@mmdrgntobldrgn – Oh, I love a good story and I really enjoyed seeing the inspiration pics too!

I've tweaked tomorrow's gift and took more pics, so now I have the GIMP work to do and the UIC swap outs. Then, well, you know the drill by now.

It's nice to be caught up on the commenting and rec's for awhile. Now, it's back to work and I have a dog wanting supper early.
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited May 2019
    Day 2/Gift 2 For SamelaRita From Jessa Beans

Renovacy #2 The Wren Sisters
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9310111

tumblr_prrp1ijLLO1w2hmv0o1_540.jpg
    tumblr_inline_prqm9cFhPm1uduvmv_540.jpg

tumblr_prqmdioi661w2hmv0o3_1280.jpg
    Clyde was smitten with Mattie the first time he heard her voice. He had been working his way up to becoming a pianist for the house band. They both worked primarily at The Blue Note jazz club. But in the early days, they would take a gig wherever they could find one.
    Martha "Mattie" Boswell loved the stage. Many would stay she was born to be on it. She captivated audiences each night in glittering age of Roaring Heights while the juice and the simoleons flowed.
    tumblr_prqmdioi661w2hmv0o4_1280.jpg
    Clyde was quick to make his feelings known to Mattie, and was shocked to find she reciprocated them. They married with much fanfare and quickly became the darling couple of Roaring Heights nightlife.

It wasn't long before they welcomed their first daughter Constance "Connie" Wren. She was a precocious child and enjoyed more than anything watching her mother dressing for performances. She would often slip away from the nanny and could be found in her mother's closet in a found in a tangle of dresses and boas attempting to try on her mother's outfits.

tumblr_prqmdioi661w2hmv0o1_1280.jpg

The birth of their second daughter wasn't far behind. Elizabeth "Betty" Wren was a bit more like her father.
    tumblr_prqmdioi661w2hmv0o5_540.jpg

Betty loved to take apart her toys and see how they worked. She was brilliant but she didn't have the social graces and charm of her sister.

The family often went to the local dance studio together. Clyde would play the piano while Mattie rehearsed and Connie and Betty would practice ballet. Connie practiced hard always watching her mother out of the corner of her eye.
    tumblr_prqmdioi661w2hmv0o2_1280.jpg

While Betty would slip away as often as possible with a good book instead. It's not that Betty wasn't interested, it's just that she didn't have the natural grace of her mother or sister.

tumblr_prqmdioi661w2hmv0o10_1280.jpg

Prohibition hit the seaside town of Roaring Heights pretty hard. Many of the nightclubs started reducing their hours, some cut costs by replacing the house band with a radio. Mattie felt like this was a good chance for her to stay home with the girls. She gave a farewell performance at the Blue Note and turned her back on the spotlight. She was content with her life, she had reached a level of fame she was happy with and was looking forward to tucking her girls in at night. Connie didn't take her mother's retirement well at all, and things were tense between them at first. Clyde took piano gigs where he could find them. Prohibition was a thriving time for some of the seedier establishments. Clyde made it a point to keep his girls away from the places he played.

It wasn't long before a second tragedy struck, the stock market crashed sending most of the area into a depression. Tourism halted as everyone struggled to make ends meet. The Blue Note and many of the other nightspots shuttered their doors. The Wrens sheltered their daughters from the depression as best they could. Clyde took a job as a mechanic during the day, and still played for tips and the odd gig when he could.

Time went by and the family enjoyed life as best they could. Mattie and Clyde had made enough to live fairly comfortably even with the area hit so hard. They made the best of things. It was fun for the girls to have the once packed boardwalk nearly to themselves at times.
    tumblr_inline_prqmaouoLw1uduvmv_540.jpg

Connie was absorbed with socializing at school, she was rather charismatic and popular. She was learning instruments in her spare time and practicing singing. As Betty got older she no longer wanted to be in her sister's shadow. She started tinkering at the garage after school.
    tumblr_prqmdioi661w2hmv0o8_1280.jpg

After the girls graduated Mattie told Clyde she would really like to see more of the world while they still could. They sold the family home and kept enough simoleons to travel. Clyde told Mattie that she and the girls were all he needed in life. They gave the remaining funds from their house sale to their daughters to start their lives on their own in Roaring Heights.

tumblr_prqmdioi661w2hmv0o9_1280.jpg

Connie and Betty said goodbye to the parents and set out to forge their own paths. They decided to purchase the old Blue Note. It had sat empty for years now, and the wood was warped by the sea air. The owner was all too happy to let it go.

Connie secretly wishes to restore the club to its former glory so that she can perform there as she had always dreamed about. Betty wants to turn it into a garage and built inventions and restore cars. What will become of it and them?

tumblr_prrp1ijLLO1w2hmv0o2_r1_540.jpg
    Connie Wren
    YA Capricorn
    Charistmaic
    Dramatic
    Good
    Natural Born Performer
    Virtuoso

Lifetime Wish: Golden Tongue, Golden Fingers

tumblr_prrp1ijLLO1w2hmv0o3_r1_540.jpg
    Betty Wren
    YA Taurus
    Born Saleswoman
    Eccentric
    Genius
    Handy
    Loser

Lifetime Wish: The Tinkerer

The Blue Note
    Some momentos are still on the walls
    tumblr_prrrhoGaU81w2hmv0o3_1280.jpg
    The instruments seem to be in working order
    tumblr_prrrhoGaU81w2hmv0o4_1280.jpg
    Some of the plumbing is still usable
    tumblr_prrrhoGaU81w2hmv0o6_540.jpg
    What remains of the restaurant kitchen
    tumblr_prrrhoGaU81w2hmv0o5_540.jpg
    The rooftop pool has seen better days
    tumblr_prrrhoGaU81w2hmv0o1_540.jpg
    The sea air has done a job on much of the wooden flooring.
    tumblr_prrrhoGaU81w2hmv0o2_540.jpg

If you are curious what the club looked like in its heyday. I've uploaded it too.
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9309959

tumblr_prql5nqqYz1wlut4lo7_1280.jpg

More pictures here: https://jessabeansims.tumblr.com/post/184982290224/bluenote

Just a note, the lot says it uses KPST, but I did not use any items from that pack on the build or sims, I used some of the items in the photographs and I guess it showed up? I don't know, there may be some other items that show up that weren't actually used. Sorry about that. Also, I totally forgot about the custard thing and recolored some of the photo frames so it will show on the first line that there are EA items attached, but it's not CC it's just what custard does when you recolor the frames. I'm sorry about that too.

Post edited by Jessabeans on
  • Options
    SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    @Jessabeans I am blown away again by your creativity and your kindness :'( got a bit moved by all the effort you've put in - this is beautiful, and ingenious and imaginative, and I am going to have such fun playing with it once I'm home (almost can't wait except that actually I am enjoying being away with my husband rather a lot) and I can't thank you enough. :D:D:D

Really want to comment on everyone else's as well, but that will probably have to wait until I get back and have some time on my own computer...but everything else I've seen has been amazing too!
  • Options
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn
    Darya Seaver has a heart of gold or ... is it a soft heart? Moonlight and Sunset sound like characters and the way you introduced Ronan Strand into the "family" is quite interesting. The house on the cliff is quite nice in all of its variations!! <3 how there are plenty of options to chose from. Start off simple or go fully loaded. Decisions, decisions.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    @60smusicluvr KISS is a really surprising build from you, I adore your chaotic builds and it's impressive that you can make such a wonderful 'simple' home too. I adore the study and that luxurious kitchen. Great home all around and you've fit so much into it.

@Mystik1978 Those jeweled horses are so creative, it was nice to share gift making with your daughter. Bendy Beach Bungalow is very charming, and a great home for Ralph and Anita.

@Hidehi I love your castaway theme sims. Hehe Paige Turner. I love camping, that camp is going in my game for sure.

@BreeMiles You've spoiled us! I had planned to 'borrow' whatever gift you uploaded for your buddy and you went and made gifts for us all. What a sweetheart. Ciane's place will still find a place in my game for sure. I love the stonework with the wood and skylights. I will get a closer look at it later today. Edward Goldburg is great too, it's so hard to find single male sims. I think I will find a spot for your other gifts too perhaps at 2019 Sulfur Lane. I love having smaller scale homes, and both of your cottages just ooze charm.

@AlphaFen Vincenzo is wonderful. I haven't tried the loser challenge before, it's something I will need to look into.

@SamelaRita I'm so happy you like your first gift! I was nervous making one for you since you have made so many yourself, I've tried to do a mix of stories I thought you might like and some that are 'a little different' that I hope will inspire for new stories of your own. Oh and I see you've seen the second one too before I could catch up. Thank you, I was worried that one might be too far beyond what you like to play but Addy assured me it'd be fine (Thank you again Addy!) I hope you enjoy your trip, don't worry the sims will always be here.

@Ciane I love the golden dragon with its balance of modern and nature inspired. The shoe mats were a nice touch of realism, and the bookcases integrated with the tv stand was really clever and interesting to look at.

@DinoJr I love the Watson family, they will add some charming beauties and beasts to my town.

@Mmdrgntobldrgn Handy is neat, and Tomomi Cultural Exchange Center is a very 'handy' lot to have around with so many great skilling opportunities on such a small lot. I love Darya Seaver and her cats, I had cats named Sunny and Luna when I was younger and it makes me think of them.

@LMC6255 It was great getting to know the Albertson family and their Ranch House is a great fit.

@Kgaff
    Oh wow, Annelise is lovely, Black Mountain Cottage looks amazing for a starter. I always struggle with budgets so it's definitely welcomed for my game. It's so great that you melded themes my two favorite worlds together, I love that she has a charming Hidden Springs cabin with Scandinavian inspired decor. I'd just finished playing a fish out of water sim that moved to Aurora Skies, it's going be a lot of fun to play the opposite with Scandinavian sim moving to Hidden Springs. Thank you so much!

@KaytayRoall Your craftsman is beautiful and charming is right, the decor is great and I love how you landscaped a swamp right under the home. It's perfect for Twinbrook.

I think I'm caught up now, it's been so wonderful to see what everyone has been working on.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    @Jessabeans
    It will be interesting to see what the Wren Sisters do with The Blue Note! Both versions of the build are gorgeous!! The young ladies are pretty and definitely have moxie.
  • Options
    FUN Fact: 35 gifts have been given.
    Whoa! That's a lot of custard checking.
  • Options
    AlphaFen wrote: »
    @Jessabeans The mill is an amazing idea for a reno! It is so sweet, as are the family, and it has just the right balance between run down and seeing the potential. The whole thing makes me feel all wistful about the English countryside, especially the beautiful engagement photo :'(

Thank you! I used Shalford Mill for a reference in hopes of getting that English countryside feeling right.
    FQ2C_Cons_and_Pres_ShalfordMill-2009-MWatts-P1040642_141.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top