Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Guess the good order !

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    SP15 (June), EP07 (July) and GP08 (Sep.)
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    OP, why do you hate August?

I agree with the order of EP, SP and GP but I think the EP will be in June (possibly something that requires 64-bit which is why they're dropping 32-bit support in June), but I think the SP will be in August (maybe something fashion related to connect with the recent Moschino tie-in, or maybe something teen related) and the GP in early October (too much to hope for witches at last?). Then for the latter half of the fiscal year we could see an EP in late November for the holiday shopping crowd, another GP in January or February (plus a sizable content patch for The Sims 20th Anniversary. then an SP in March to take us out of FY20.

Then if that is the case unless Maxis is showing it at the EA Play like they did last year then we ought to be already seeing Trailers for an ep being dropped in June. Other than showing it there at EA Play - eps always get 3-4 trailers, several live plays, after an announcement we should have gotten or be getting within the next week. At the least even if it is shown at EA Play - we should get an announcement about it this week or next at the very latest - otherwise it's not an ep in June.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    EP07 (June), SP15 (July) and GP08 (Sep.)
    My guess is August for the stuff pack and October for the witches game pack.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    Anmirla wrote: »
    Why do you think they’ll be three releases in a row?

I’d imagine a schedule more like this:
    June - EP08
    August - SP15
    September - GP08, might even be October.

Where are you getting three releases in a row?

Excuse me, three releases in those months. There are more options that are more likely as July is in the middle of Summer for the largest part of the player base.

I also would assume it would be those months seeing in mid April the devs stated "in the next 6 month we would get the 3 packs". The next 6 months were May-October. It seems May and June would be out of the question for at least an ep as we get 6 weeks of trailers and announcements for eps and we are May 5th today and still no announcement so I can't see an ep coming until after July. There could be a June sp or gp as there is still time for announcing those. (gps usually get two weeks announcements and sps get 1 week max.

Personally I sort of doubt them dropping any packs until they release the Legacy pack for 32 bit players - as dropping packs they can not use would be even a further slap in the face to those Simmers - in my opinion anyway - so I would guess they would give them their legacy pack (in June) and hopefully fixes before we get what ever pack they plan first for us 64 bit players. Seems like the right thing to do to me anyway.

Not entirely.

We got the Seasons announcement last year May 24th. Release was June 22nd.

So, an EP is still possible.

But that was an exception - not the norm because of the EA Play the first week of June - so simmers could play it at EA Play and it was readied earlier than normally. All they had to do after EA Play was finish polishing it up for simmers to download a couple weeks later.

The devs even stated they generally need 6 + weeks after announcing an ep normally. So you cannot really count an ep either EA Play or Gamescom to follow normal timelines. But who knows, they could even repeat that same timeline this time as well. I guess we wait and see - as you could be right as well.

That's true.

We will have to wait and see. Who knows? :)
  • Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    My guessing is..Mid to late May-announcement, June-Launch, July-announcement, Aug-launch, Sep-announcement, Oct-launch. all within 6 months timeline as told.

The Sims Game
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    SP15 (June), GP08 (July) and EP07 (Sep.)
    Cinebar wrote: »
    What makes you think two packs will come out in a row? June and July? Wishful thinking? And another in Sept? Wow, what rummors have you heard besides that 20 DLC drops by April- Oct.?

Not rumors, they confirmed during a livestream that 3 packs were coming in the next 6 months. One of each type.

Oh, yeah, now I remember. Thank you! 3 packs in six months...I would guess one doesn't come out in June since isn't that the month they wrap up 32bit versions and release that? I would have started with July just as a guess. And an SP not another EP yet. I think any EP will be saved until late in fall.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    What makes you think two packs will come out in a row? June and July? Wishful thinking? And another in Sept? Wow, what rummors have you heard besides that 20 DLC drops by April- Oct.?

Not rumors, they confirmed during a livestream that 3 packs were coming in the next 6 months. One of each type.

Oh, yeah, now I remember. Thank you! 3 packs in six months...I would guess one doesn't come out in June since isn't that the month they wrap up 32bit versions and release that? I would have started with July just as a guess. And an SP not another EP yet. I think any EP will be saved until late in fall.

I don't know... I really don't think they'd summon the game changers to EA play if it's just going to be a stuff pack.

An EP's next. They don't spend money to bring in Game Changers for stuff packs. They only do that for EPs. And all clues point to the release happening in June.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited June 2019

June - EP08
    August - SP15
    It cant be in October we're told 1 expansion 1 game pack and 1 stuff pack would be released in the next 6 months in April so that would end on September.

Post edited by ChadSims2 on
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

June - EP08
    August - SP15
    It cant be in October we we're told 1 expansion 1 game pack and 1 stuff pack would be released in the next 6 months in April so that would end on September.

Technically, it could be the first week of October since the live stream was on April 9th (I believe that's the correct date). *shrug*
    A week here, a week there - no biggie. :)
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    City Living, Cats and Dogs and Get Famous, all expansion packs were released in November's '16, '17, '18 so I think that the next pack has to be an big Expansion of some sort. Six months apart and two expansion packs for the year. It gives the EP programmers more time between packs and, of course, must be the reason for the Legacy Edition to cutoff before March.
    edited May 2019

June - EP08
    August - SP15
    It cant be in October we we're told 1 expansion 1 game pack and 1 stuff pack would be released in the next 6 months in April so that would end on September.

It could also end in October. They could have been counting forward from April, as in literally the next six months. May - October.

Even if we start counting from April, that still means October. Example: April 9th to October 9th is six months.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited May 2019
    IceyJ wrote: »

June - EP08
    August - SP15

It could also end in October. They could have been counting forward from April, as in literally the next six months. May - October.

Even if we start counting from April, that still means October. Example: April 9th to October 9th is six months.

Graham said 6 months from that day.

In practice, October is almost certainly not included at all, due to it being the start of a new fiscal quarter. The road map being 6 months (as opposed to 5 or 7 months) is likely because April - September are the first two quarters of the fiscal year.

In addition, they do not like releasing packs (bigger packs especially) at the beginning of a quarter, due to how revenue recognition works. They have never released a TS4 pack in October, for example.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited May 2019
    elelunicy wrote: »
    IceyJ wrote: »

June - EP08
    August - SP15

Graham said 6 months from that day.

In practice, October is almost certainly not included at all, due to it being the start of a new fiscal quarter. The road map being 6 months (as opposed to 5 or 7 months) is likely because April - September are the first two quarters of the fiscal year.

In addition, they do not like releasing packs (bigger packs especially) at the beginning of a quarter, due to how revenue recognition works. They have never released a TS4 pack in October, for example.

Yup that's why I asked Graham.

It's April - September.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    I'm surprised the most of us think SP15 won't be in third.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    There are usually six months (give or take) between EP's and/or GP's. If an EP drops in June, that would be enough time for an EP around Thanksgiving's Black Friday for Christmas sales. If a GP drops around late July or early August, that would be enough time for another GP in February of next year. That leaves the SP to drop between the July/August GP and the next Thanksgiving EP.
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    suzyl3 wrote: »

EPs are released on Fridays now. June 26 is a Wednesday so it isn't likely to be a release date.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    Despite the (fake?) listings for a tropical EP, I still hope for the following:
    June: University EP
    July: Bedroom SP (with new sleepwear and a rocking chair as the new gameplay object).
    September: Witches GP (The only occult I'm interested in.)
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    GP08 (June), EP07 (July) and SP15 (Sep.)
    Probably either a GP first or an EP first but who knows
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    EP7 - With a West Indian/Hawaiian-based world, reggae music, and beach activities
    SP15 - With wedding-themed stuff, R&B music, and champagne
    GP8 - Whatever this is, either witches or any other themes
  • BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    Even though any announcements are being held back for EA Play, I think an EP will come first, either late June or early July. Only an expansion would be announced and hyped up at EA Play so it is bound to come out first. A stuff pack will follow in July (if EP is released June) or August, and the game pack will release in September.

Plus 350 swatches. I'm hyped for the summer and I hate summer. LOL.
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    The order of....?
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!
    edited June 2019
    The order of....?

... the packs of the next 6 months ?
    "Over the next six months, we’ll be bringing you a new expansion pack, game pack, and stuff pack!"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    EP07 (June), GP08 (July) and SP15 (Sep.)
    The user and all related content has been deleted.