Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 aMAYzing Gift Exchange ~ DONE :)

Comments

• SamelaRitaSamelaRita Posts: 1,007 Member
    @Jessabeans I love it! Thank you so much :D I've swiped borrowed my husband's (work) laptop for a quick catch up with things (and will do so again later today or tomorrow) so this is a really brief visit to the site, but I had to say straight away how gorgeous this looks. Gotta hand it back now...
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    It's day number two and time for your second gift @Hidehi.
    It's NOT an apartment and family; but it's a floor plan I fell in love with. Is it only builder sims that love floor plans?
    Any way gift #2 is here: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9310058
    roof_up_original.jpg
    pics and write up: https://cianesims.home.blog/builds/golden-dragon/
    It's after 10 and I've just now got the dogs outside after their breakfast. Mine is still sitting next to me as I've been trying to catch up on everyone's builds and households.

@SamelaRita I love your story! You do write great stories! And, you know, I’m dying to play this family already. THIS is what keeps us playing Sims 10 years later. There are always new stories to play out and of course more building techniques to try.

@ADWilson, your Sims look great and their story is great too. I’ve gone for the partially skilled version.

@60smusicluvr – I LOVE that house. I love the mix of textures, the top floor nestled in to the floor below and your genius in hiding rooms. The windows and doors are perfect choices and it even has a fireplace! I really love the edging details and your pretty landscaping as well. Gma says it reminds her of her Appalachian mountains.

@Mytik1978 – What unique horses and what a unique story for them. I’m glad that WordPress worked out for you. I really like the site. I love adding featured header pics and being able to crop the pics and put them in groups or individually. And I love that I can switch to HTML code when I need to! I love your awesome build. The vegetation is perfect and interspersed with rocks and gnomes and a flamingos makes very welcoming. The roomy layout is perfect as well. Great job!

@Hidehi – I love your sims and their very creative name. I once named a writer sim Paige Turner as well. It is a perfect name and Rene Sance is just awesome too. Their story is great and waiting to be played out in my game as well. Also, I’m so glad you liked the apartments. I was worried it was too red, or too stark, or too whatever.

@BreeMiles – I was so busy gushing about the builds that I forgot to gush about my Sim. He’s the perfect sim for me and all the artistic sims skill items you included in the build will make him a dream to play. Thank you, thank you, thank you… and I’m so sorry I overlooked a proper thank you for him earlier. I can only say I was overwhelmed by all the gifts that dropped in and trying to keep up with rec’s and downloads and comments, which I’ve obviously not done very well with. You rock. Thank you for my gifts I love them. Chella Modern is awesome. I love that soft tan and kind of worn, but warm wood mixed with the brick and all that welcoming vegetation. Sulfur Lane is a perfect little house for AS. I love the flower groupings with rocks and trees – they look so natural. I also like the tree edging and edging all around the walks. The soft wood coloring is perfect.

@AlphaFen – YOU are awesome. Your Sim is awesome. Your creativity is boundless. I’m going to enjoy playing him so very, very much and will probably have to attempt that loser challenge again at least for one more generation.

• Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Ok, so I am behind I see and I haven't even slept yet. The bloody 🐸🐸🐸🐸 bleeding is back so been a crappy morning ... Literally BUT let's not ruin all the fun with talk of foul things! While I am a bit behind forgive me if I make a comment, ask a question or something that is answered further into the thread. I am one of those who does not look forward, I pick up where I left off ... Reading each posting and typing comments in WordPad as I go.

@Jessabeans Your mill and Millers family are resting nicely in my download ... Errrr, I mean they are fabulous and I am sure your buddy will love them. Many times gifts are shiny and new quiet literally! So I love how you took a different turn with the mill, instead of making it shiny and new you showed the history and class that those old builds often have in real life! The coolest part would be if your buddy @SamelaRita show some after photos if she decides to fix the old place up and renew a new life into it.
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,909 Member
    You are very very welcome dear @ciane, I know what you mean about being behind, I just got finished Rec'd everything on the Exchange that has dropped so far! I will be back later to download them and give them a proper look around! I'm off for now as it's time to cook lunch and do laundry! Enjoy your gifts everyone! You all have done and amazing job on them everyone! <3o:)
  • DinoJrDinoJr Posts: 89 Member
    Hey there @AlphaFen, you are my buddy! Which, honestly I was pretty excited by... Your sense of humor never fails to tickle my funny bone, and your buddy letter inspired me to make the absolute biggest build I've ever done! Also, it was fun for me that as the exchange was starting, my partner @KaytayRoall was also making something for you, from a different forum exchange.

My initial plan was to make you three or four gifts, but with the scope of the build I created I really only had time for two. maybe a third if I manage to get some more work done in the next few days... But for now, Heres Gift 1 of 2!

34001730608_1a441ded43_z.jpg
    Jolie Watson, a pleasure to meet you! And her family, behind the spoiler.

So this family exists because of one of the things you asked for in your buddy letter... and as I was looking at inspiration pictures of real world locations I was hit with an idea I couldn't possibly shake without seeing through. Here it is.

46962750335_e1f1c4e1ab_b.jpg
    From left, we have Phillipe, Jolie Watson, her husband Adam Prince, and her father Maurice. There's a lot of talent here, from writers, to inventors, and maybe a future champion racer! These sims have a few skill points in many different things, and some of them have some fun things in their pockets! Not Phillipe though, horses don't have pockets.

Other outfits!

47878946451_2327e2ac59_b.jpg
    Some nice formal attire for a ball room dance...

47826818972_d37e95bedb_b.jpg
    Athletic wear! For horsing around, tinkering with gizmos, or rescuing your dad from whatever crazy situation hes gotten into next!

32934759817_7467098279_b.jpg
    Swim wear! Gotta soak up the rays when you can, and look good doing it!

47826818332_9bffb2a1a8_b.jpg
    And evening wear. After a day full of singing, dancing, and trying to convince your husband that the clock hes talking to isn't actually alive, it's time for a well earned Beauty sleep.

47826817612_4994c597e7_b.jpg
    Sitting down to a quiet meal sometimes doesn't go quite as planned when....

34001731638_ecf492f9a7_z.jpg
    ... Your husband is a bit of a Beast! Table manners!!!!

47826816522_bdf39c02be_z.jpg
    But on the inside, hes a sweet gentleman... and one heck of a dancer!

47826816992_7ef895debb_z.jpg
    32934759377_cf72f9aea1_b.jpg
    These two really just prefer doing their own thing. Whats better than inventing a new salt lick, or the wonderful taste of some gizmo!

Anyways heres the link to this family!... And later when Im home from work, Ill post my Magnum Opus. Thanks for waiting!
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9310062
  • DinoJrDinoJr Posts: 89 Member
    Im on my way to work... but I am looking forward to checking out and commenting on all these beautiful gifts!!!
    I wanted to click awesome on the Millers and their mill comments @Mystik1978, but I sure didn't want to awesome the plum start to your day. Hm, maybe insightful would work, but wouldn't a mixed one thumb up and one thumb down work better at times?

I'm off to do those dishes sitting in my sink and tweak that present for tomorrow and take more pics and play with GIMP and get the finished product into the UIC and back to the launcher.

We have a perfect sunny day today, so I'll have to have some outdoor time today too.

Enjoy your day. I'll peek in now and then and try not to get too distracted!
    Aw, @DinoJr - AlphaFen's sense of reality is legendary, but you too have a great sense of humor and quirky style. I like your take on Beauty and the Beast and that Beast rides another beast. All your sims and horse are great and the presentation is outstanding. I loved it and have already rec'd and DL'd them.
    @SamelaRita I loved the sneak peek and I have to agree with @60smusicluvr by the end of the story I found I was a bit emotional when reading the last line. You know you have an EPIC story when it can bring emotions out in the readers. I am right there with 60s wanting to see more!
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    Morning, I think I've caught up with the explosion of posts that occurred while hubby & I were out for a date & then sleeping.

I have a helper joining me this morning, to share some discoveries, his very imaginative name is Handy. ;) lol
    screenshot.jpg?w=840
    Handy has wandered over to one of his favorite hangouts, I wonder what he's looking at.
    screenshot-41.jpg?w=840
    Ah! He's got the distance filter on and is staring off at distant shores far from Sunset Valley.
    screenshot-17.jpg?w=840
    Well isn't this nice, today he's going to draw me sketches of what he saw. Usually he chat's my ear off about how he'd like to do more than poke around places, around the sim globe.
    screenshot-148-2-1.jpg
    Handy said that this was something he spotted in Hidden Springs.
    screenshot-8-2.jpg
    And that this sketch is something he spotted on the cliffs of Barnacle Bay.

You know what I think, I think that even with the extra distance filter he can't see that far from the Tomomi **Cultural Exchange center's tower, and ...
    that he's been snooping around in my buddy folder for @DinoJr .
    DinoJr,
    The Tomomi center comes in two varities^. The one named Tomomi Center (1st link) does not have the piano or the two stoves, since you indicated you don't have them. This is also the 3rd of three items I created for you, and I hope you enjoy it. My muse and I fought over how it was to come out, the compromise was one version having at least 3 items not on the "have" list.

^ Link leads to the weebly blog & a slide show. :)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @ciane
    <3 your version of this floor plan! I created it in Sims 4 last year, lol
    The landscaping with covered area near the sand box and the raised flooring inside are neat ways to add extra interest to a simple build with clean lines.
    edited May 2019
    ADWilson wrote: »
    @ciane
    <3 your version of this floor plan! I created it in Sims 4 last year, lol
    The landscaping with covered area near the sand box and the raised flooring inside are neat ways to add extra interest to a simple build with clean lines.

Well, you know I don't do Sims 4, but I can appreciate a great build. Can you link or post a pic of your build? I'd love to see what you did with it!

@Mmdrgntobldrgn - What a beautiful color you picked for the exterior! I love this build. I've never added beds to a community lot outside of the fire station before! Interesting concept! I love the added art and wine nectar making in the basement. And, a hidden room! This will be fun to explore as well! And, I love your HANDY Sim too!
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    Hello Buddy, Today I will reveal my first two gifts.. One of the them is a large craftsman style home for the family that is also part of your gift, I also included a combination of the two since they do go well together.. Bubbz 3388, it is my hope that you also have a really nice time with your new pet Hunts...
    .. Don't take my word for it, here are some screen shots and the link for your first gift..

https://thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9310066
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpgscreenshot_original.jpg

Here is the link to your second gift which includes your new pet Hunts..

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9310071

Here are some screen shots of the Albertson family...
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg

That is not all! I even created a short story to introduce you to the Albertson family.. Here is the link..

https://lmcssimsthree.home.blog/links/sims-3-stories/

Here is another link that describes the members of the Albertson family with their different traits and skills..

https://lmcssimsthree.home.blog/the-albertson-family-members/

Here is the link to be able to get both the family and house together.. Enjoy

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9310076
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    edited May 2019
    @Hidehi I always dearly love everything you make, and there's absolutely no reason to panic over me! LOL (although I might return the favor if the roles were reversed ;) ). Rene and Paige and their lot are exactly what I was wanting, and I can't wait to have some time to play with them (which will be after I upload a bunch more stuff here, of course, and get my commenting done - I already feel behind). Love both the sims and their names, which gave me a good chuckle. I can see me using them on an ongoing basis in my games. Their style and outfits are perfect for this scenario. I really love how Paige looks in her braids and what you did for her formal look is darling. I haven't had time yet today to visit the exchange and grab everything, but I'm sure I'll have more to add once I do. Thank you so much. <3
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    @DinoJr
    Your gift is full of quirky charm and is a fun variation on the Beauty & the Beast theme!
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    I didn't sleep well last night.. I will be back this afternoon to join in on all the fun! I really love all your builds and Sims! I am so impressed by the fantastic gifts!! I will they say more later...
    @ADWilson One thing I can always say about you is you are and always have been an EPIC host. Always stepping up when problems arise and making sure no one has to go without! Marge and Dan are a wonderful set of Sims and I am looking forward to finding out if their idea to pool their money together is a good one, will it end in love, hate or a mix of both!
    AlphaFen wrote: »
    Gift 1 for @Mmdrgntobldrgn : Hey Big Spender – a loser challenge sim

Loser Challenge Rules Traits and fatal flaw chosen with the help of: The Wheel of Misfortune

Name: Vincenzo Devlin

Oh he looks like he'll be fun to play, thank you @AlphaFen & he's already in my game waiting for my next free weekend or evening.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn
    Tomomi Center has lots of things for sims to do! It's great that you offer two versions of this lot.
    O-ho a hidden room!! Intriguing. Very intriguing.
    Ps, dear buddy ....
    @DinoJr given your interests as listed in your buddy letter I'm surprised a certain world isn't/wasn't on your wl. Just as well, they're kind of heavy when they land. :po:):p
    That said, I have a few more items coming your way today, we just expanded our service hours at my job & have no clue how I'll do with the new start time. I hope you enjoy them & caution in typical me fashion it's not just a 1 download for each, but a pick what you want to play with variety pack. ;)

Hugs, hope your day goes/went well.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn
    Tomomi Center has lots of things for sims to do! It's great that you offer two versions of this lot.

Which reminds me, for those who didn't go read the blog post. When the lot is placed in town you have to use build mode, go to the attic, pick up the door, and then put it back in place. This is a known glitch weirdness of the bookcase doors.
    Handy got most cross with me about that bookcase.
    screenshot-34.jpg?w=840

Of course if you want to replace the door with a different one too, that's up to the player. ;)
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Save Game Often
    S3 Studio
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
  • KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    @Mystik1978 Oh gosh! Thank you so much!!! Like you, I'm not allowing myself to look closely at the gifts I've received until I post the one that I'm giving, but I wanted to let you know that I had seen them and love them already, just from peeking. I'm touched that I got a gift from your daughter. It's so sweet and wonderful that the two of you can share your love of the sims. And despite what you said about your skills as a builder, I think you did a great job on the house. <3 More later once I've gotten my gift posted (sorry to keep you waiting, buddy!).
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    @Mmdrgntobldrgn

Which reminds me, for those who didn't go read the blog post. When the lot is placed in town you have to use build mode, go to the attic, pick up the door, and then put it back in place. This is a known glitch weirdness of the bookcase doors.
    Handy got most cross with me about that bookcase.
    screenshot-34.jpg?w=840

Of course if you want to replace the door with a different one too, that's up to the player. ;)

so its a haunted house. kidding its just thats what weird glitches remind me of. haunted houses. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top