Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Front Door - Knocking VS Doorbell

2...Next

Comments

• cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    Doorbell FTW
    a notification pop up would be my first go-to but i wouldnt mind a quick door bell since it wont be like the phone ringing which gets on my nerves cause it just wont stop until i make it stop.
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    Who cares!?
    I dont remember the doorbell, so that just goes to show how little i care.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Who cares!?
    I can't stand doorbells, so I really don't care.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Doorbell FTW
    I’d love to have the option for some of my homes to have doorbells, that I could manually add. I’d probably use them for most of the houses, honestly. It’s nice to be able to hear when Sims visit.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Doorbell FTW
    They should add a doorbell object that fits next to doors which enables doorbell rings. You should also be able to change the doorbell sound by clicking on it.
    a256aFi.gif
  • TuxTux Posts: 17 Member
    Who cares!?
    Typically i play as a hermit as i don't like to mingle to much with other Sims one of the reasons i adore the celebrity house trait from 4, my family usually keeps to themselves tho dina loves to socialize so i mostly allow her friend's in the house apart from that i love the quiet and just keeping to myself in the Sims.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Doorbell FTW
    I really wish sims could add doorbells to their houses with a higher handiness skill and even change their tune.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    Doorbell FTW
    I much prefer doorbells, but the option for both would be ideal.
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Doorbell FTW
    I've talked about wanting doorbells in other threads so I'm a big thumbs up on the idea! My Sims are always missing visitors because the knocking is just too soft. However, I do think it should be an option for those who don't want them. I love the idea of handiness Sims being able to upgrade them with different tones/tunes too.

If doorbells are not possible to add, I'd settle for a PIP popping up to show there's someone at the door. I used to love those PIPs to focus on little events happening in TS2 such as; when a burglar was creeping about, Claire the Bear kicking over your trashcan, etc. They were fun! :) We do have some similar special full screen vignettes the same as TS2, such as proposals, woo hoo, births, etc. But we don't have PIPs for other/smaller things.

However, some people might not like that either. It was a little window, but the notification music was usually a bit jarring/scary depending on the circumstances, so perhaps that could be an option as well? Or maybe no sound, just the PIP popping up in addition to the knocking. Just a thought... :)
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Who cares!?
    I didn't play ts3, or ts2, or ts1 for that matter. I don't really care.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Silent Knocking Is Golden
    I like it that my sims don't have to wake up to the sound of a doorbell. I think they did wake up to it in TS2 and TS1 because I remember that when I invited someone to visit I had to wait for them to show up, so that I could greet them before they rang doorbell. It perhaps was fixed later in TS2, so that the sims wouldn't wake up.

If the doorbell wouldn't wake them up and I could turn it off if I wanted to, then it could be ok. Some of my sims have quite many random visitors and I just don't like the idea of them ringing doorbell every time they try to visit. Their knocking is already annoying enough :D
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Doorbell FTW
    Doorbells or a popup announcing visitors would be nice.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow