Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 aMAYzing Gift Exchange ~ DONE :)

Comments

• JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    I look forward to seeing how Marge and Dan's relationship is affected by them becoming roommates, I wonder if the photos will give a clue.
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Aren't we lucky simmers to have so many nice new households to play with. :)

@SamelaRita What a lovely family and story. Your writing is always so interesting. I do hope everything works out for them in the best way - and for you, too, on your trip. :)

@ADWilson Isn't it great that we get to add Marge and Dan to our collection of new sims. Both are attractive and have an interesting combination of traits and careers. Will be fun to see what becomes of them.
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Grrr .... So I have not had not one bit of trouble but not I can not get anything to upload to the exchange!!!!
  • 60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited May 2019
    @Kgaff, YOU are my buddy!

*WELP* The only stories I have to tell is how your gifts came to be.

Through all the ups and downs, I can say I thoroughly enjoyed making each of your gifts . . . In some capacity. (That's just me trying to be funny, *nudge nudge*).

But in all sincerity, your buddy letter form was a wonderful outline for me to work off of and ultimately create several gifts that went a bit out of my comfort zone and challenged me. I ended up creating and designing more than I ever had in one month! Hurrah!

The first gift I made is affectionately named K.I.S.S or "Keep It, Simple, Stupid" (I'm just guessing that will be plummed out), a simple reminder to myself to not get carried away like I usually do. I don't want to get too bedazzled!

mmaSr3p.jpg

It's been a long while since the last time I joined this fun exchange (2016), though I always viewed from the sidelines. I remember the last time how I struggled to get started, though I've grown as a designer since, I like to think. So for this first gift, I wanted to start on a good note. Let's not get overly complicated with the walls and build. So, I found a simple design that I wish I could insert >Here< WHERE ARE YOU, HOUSE?! to sort of create the overall design from. Mines definitely wider, though.

Now, let's take a tour, shall we?

WARNING: IMAGE HEAVY! TOO TALKY TALKY!

I've found many traditional style homes have a grand staircase at the entrance of the home and I've always wanted to do that. I had quite a narrow path on the sides, but I managed to moo in a mansion set staircase piece. I struggled with getting the colors to match perfectly.

Q49v64f.jpg

Many traditional homes have a study at the front of the house or maybe that's just HGTV convincing me that it's true . . . But, anywho, I put this study on the side.

aQau4pZ.jpg

And modeled it after this:
    CorxcSz.jpg

The living space and this television corner was my big problem area I asked for tips and advice on. I love how the WA bottle racks look and ended up using them again in the kitchen. BTW, I think I recolored them a different color due to the lighting being weird in that area. You might opt to match them because I don't think my plan worked.
    rUGXjKq.jpg
    7cKkdmp.jpg

You can tell I was trying to keep it classy. I opened up the kitchen with these three arches, although the sims skip the middle one altogether. It's more for looks than anything.
    m2kKJUG.jpg

One of my struggles in TS3 is finding classy, shiny and modern back splash, counter tops and flooring. I just wish we had more choices from EA. :heartbreak:
    iuE04rD.jpg
    r0R1vYK.jpg

Other than a small bathroom, the last room on this level holds the laundry and leads to the back porch which steps down to the pool. You can see I used a fun cabinet from Latenight in the middle. What can I say? I liked the look before I realized their were bottles visible. Pshh. Like that kitchen didn't have enough space to store them! HA!
    jjUmcPu.jpg
    RUTx3ZL.jpg

One of the fun things about doing the exterior of this home was realizing the roof would cut off the windows on the second floor if I didn't add a split level. So, it left me with this cool effect upstairs, which I'll consider the man cave. Before I forget, I want to let you know that I used a hidden room marker, which makes everything outside a boxed wall 'outside the unit' in order to get rid of so many floors (that's just a personal pet peeve). It also resulted in the price of the lot falling down. If you'd like to edit outside your unit or delete it, use the "restrictbuildbuyinsomethingorother off" cheat :wink:
    PmCtIgg.jpg

I have two bedrooms up here and an optional room that I have exercise equipment in, per your request for two bedrooms at most. :smile:
    6JP4HZt.jpg
    npzXILP.jpg
    >Inserts nonexistent screenshot of workout room<

I'm sorry to inform you, there are no bathrooms! Juuuuuust Kidding! There are 2 1/2 baths, as far as I remember!
    ApzruHE.jpg

That concludes the tour! :mrgreen:
    Post edited by 60smusicluvr on
    Ok, I had to do a work around to get my exchange to work - so I had to upload using my Skymyst account, I think it is because that is the account that has all of the packs and worlds but Dragon Valley. So maybe because that is my game play account for Sims 3 that is why it would not upload to my Mystik account. So forgive the confusion!

Without anymore delay .... @KaytayRoall You are my buddy or is it I am your buddy? I am always confused what the best way to phrase it would be. But, it is also 3 am my time so the lack of sleep might not be helping either!

So since I am not really a great build and I have only done it a few times, I was actually happy to read your letter. While I only know you a small bit you always seemed very laid-back and chill and I so needed a buddy that would be understanding if things were not perfect. On top of that your letter and wish-list page gave me a ton of ideas. So many so it was hard at first to try to rein in all my ideas. But in the end I am happy with how things turned out and I am hoping you will find something you like as well.

So first up is Gift #1 - This was originally just going to be an "extra" gift but when you read more about it I think you will understand why I had to make this your first gift!

Now after joining this exchange I decided to take several of the more experienced gamers like Addie and Ciane and I created an off forum account to host my photos and such. After lots of advice and a bit of research I went with Word Press. I enjoyed being able to work on this that were only seen by those I wanted to see it. So I could get Addie's advice and still keep things on the down-low. So for this exchange I will be directing you to my WordPress site. If you would prefer I re-post things here so you did not have to go to another host site please just let me know and I will set up your own thread.

So here is a sneak peek at GIFT #1 ....

sims-3-gift-for-kaytay-gift-1-by-shortie.jpg?w=1100

Please go to https://mystikssimtasticsite.home.blog/2019/04/28/sims-3-gift-from-shortie-aka-katie/ to learn more about the pair and stay-tuned because there is more to come!!!!
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member
    *Drum-roll* … yay it’s finally gifting time!!! :D

First reaction on being given my buddy was absolute and utter panic … ohhh my … to create an adequate gift for such a skilled builder … but I’ve ended up loving every minute I’ve spent on designing, building, demolishing, doubting, rebuilding, testing and more testing… and I very much hope that you will enjoy what I came up with within the allotted time my dear buddy @suzses.

Okay here is your first gift to unwrap ... it’s in 2 parts:

MYcANxJ.jpg?1

Your buddy letter gave me the idea to follow a castaway theme ...

So without further ado meet Paige Turner and René Sance … strangers that are washed overboard by a freak wave while they are leaning over the railing of their cruise ship watching a school of dolphins and who end up facing the perils of being castaways for better or worse.

hVOCHKL.png

René Sance loves the outdoors, is a handy gatherer, tries to do his bit for the environment and has a green thumb. His lifetime wish is to become a renaissance sim (hence his name ;) )

ueqiref.png?1

Paige Turner loves the outdoors too, is a friendly gatherer who enjoys to read and is artistic as well. Her lifetime wish is to become a professional author who would love to publish a few page-turners ;)

Link to Turner and Sance Household: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9309972
    (Uploaded household has not been played with)

They obviously need a place to set up camp to start their adventure … as they’ve ended up on a tropical island they’ve managed to find a fairly adequate ‘Jungle Camp’ with a tent, fire pit, all-in-one bathroom and the added bonus of a few vegetables and a pond with basic fish.

AWFwybw.jpg?1

MkJ0ILY.jpg?1

Link to 'Jungle Camp':https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9309973

Whether they’ll end up ‘surviving’ the island and each other or not only time and your guidance will tell …

Happy Simming <3 x
    @KaytayRoall Since it is 4 am my time and I know I am going to crash hard soon I wanted to go ahead and get GIFT #2 up for you!

screenshot-95.jpg

You can find the download link and learn all about it by going here ----> https://mystikssimtasticsite.home.blog/2019/05/01/sims-3-simtastic-gift-exchange/
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member
    edited May 2019
    My dear @ciane ,

I was ... and still am speechless ... but I have finally stopped jumping up and down for joy and calmed down enough to say:

THANK YOU for being my buddy! THANK YOU for the awesome Haiku apartments and the beautiful W.ang family! THANK YOU for being so thoughtful to find just the right gifts to create! THANK YOU!!! I absolutely love them <3<3<3 x

I've already glanced at all the wonderful pictures on your blog but I can hardly wait to add my gorgeous gifts to my game and be able take a closer look :D

Edited as the silly censors turned the W.angs into plums for whatever reason :# !!!
    Post edited by Hidehi on
    @suzses OMG!!!!! I finally went back downloaded, rec'ed, favorite and read everything! First of all I am touched at the amount of time and care I know you put into everything. I can tell by reading the story and looking at the images that you spent a lot of time on this project! I am in love with Lainey! My mother is 62 but I swear Lainey sounds like a Sim version of my mother. She is also a feisty little thing who loves life and is always moving. She fights age kicking and screaming, we go out many people think she is my sister. She also is a witch who spent 30 plus years as a nurse helping to heal others. She loves all things herb and garden wise and spends her winters planning (mapping out land plots, researching seeds and how best to plant them, care for them, ect). She studies Correllian Witchcraft at witchschool.com and is very much a "green witch". So you can see why I love love love Lainey and the fact you did her not knowing any of this makes it even more EPIC!!!

Lena kinda reminds me of me to some degree though I am the opposite where I wear very down to earth clothing and am very laid back but a part of me I normally keep hidden is very much a girlie girl and wishes I had the life style where I could wear fancy clothing and such. I am a little iffy on Colin and can't wait to see (as much as Lainey) weather he is like his uncle or not. I am really looking forward to playing the Culpepper's. The tips and tricks you gave me from downloading a better version of IP to all of the gardening advice and things you learned playing is super helpful and again shows a level of detail that blows me away! Once I jump in game and start playing don't be surprised if I decided to take you up on that "ask you any questions I might have thing". Matter of fact you may regret saying that! lol My goal is to take all of the gift exchange gifts and put them in one big world making it my "aMAYzing saved world" but I know the Culpepper's will be in my current game I am playing with the Waters family!
  • AlphaFFrogAlphaFFrog Posts: 1,250 Member
    edited May 2019
    @ciane Wow! :hushed: I don't think I've ever seen a sims block of flats before! The public space on the top floor and the attention to detail in making the balconies individual are amazing (the red pillars! :o ). I love Mrs 🐸🐸🐸🐸's outfits modern and chic yet cosy.

@suzses Love the name Culpepper! You've captured the flowing bohemian look so well and your pics of the family are wonderfully thematic. Serendipity farm certainly lives up to it's name! The blue and white touches on all the doors and windows are lovely (not to forget your amazing wrap around porch I'm so jealous as I can't build those :bawling: ). You've clearly put so much thought into it :)

@Jessabeans The mill is an amazing idea for a reno! It is so sweet, as are the family, and it has just the right balance between run down and seeing the potential. The whole thing makes me feel all wistful about the English countryside, especially the beautiful engagement photo :'(

@ADWilson So much potential story to unfold with two such mutually attractive BFs ;)

@SamelaRita I'm not crying, my emojis have just sprung a leak is all :cry:

@60smusicluvr K.I.S.S has some great design ideas that I will certainly brazenly steal pay artistic homage to o:) I really do like that Moo'd staircase and the opened up super classy kitchen/diner with multiple archways. My favourite bit is the fountain garden, if only we could all have one of those :pensive:

@Mystik1978 Wow your (I use the term "your" loosely ;) ) horses have such personality and character you really get a feel for them and their names are absolutely perfect! Bendy Beach Bungalow is adorable! It's hard to believe you're a beginner because most of my early houses were just boxes with roofs (mostly they still are :# ) and you have all sorts of architectural details and ins and outs :)

@Hidehi That is a brilliant idea! I love Rene Sance and Paige Turner! Haha.... I may need a minute! :D

All caught up with the 60 comments that appeared overnight I am now excited/petrified of pressing refresh on my browser :cold_sweat:
    Post edited by AlphaFFrog on
  • mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    Gonna upload my gift for my buddy later today
    Oh hamburgers!
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    @Mystik1978
    Your daughter created a couple of cute, colorful companions/possible champions with Pearl and Onyx!
    You know what else is cute? Your bungalow build, that's what! The story draws you in but the charm of the building itself will have you returning. LOVE the amount of windows that provide gorgeous views all-round.
    @Hidehi
    The clever names and descriptions of the 2 sims made me smile.
    Their Jungle Camp has all the basics and is sure to provide a great starting point/continuation to their story. Will they survive rough weather? Will the stress of every day survival bring them closer together or draw them apart?
  • BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,903 Member
    @ciane super cute sims and build for your buddy! <3
    @suzses The Culpepper Household is very lovely, your Serendipity Farm, looks amazing and I love the name! <3
    @Jessabeans The Riverview Mill is awesome and very lovely, and The Miller family are wonderful! <3
    @SamelaRita, your sneak peek for @60smusicluvr, is super cute and sneaky! <3 Wonderful work helping out Addy!
    @ADWilson your sims are very lovely and BFF's to, too awesome! <3
    @60smusicluvr your K.I.🐸🐸🐸🐸. is very lovely, wonderful color detail! <3
    @Mystik1978 Love your sim and Horse so lovely, your Bendy Beach Bungalow super cute! <3
    @Hidehi your sims are super cute, love the hairstyle on the female, super wonderful, love your Jungle Camp, super lovely! <3

P.S. I hope I haven't missed anyone! <3

edited May 2019
    Now it's time to show what I have for my Buddy! I was so happy when Addy presented me with my buddy letter and to find it was you, I was over the moon to say the least and I could not stop myself so its a few many gifts I have for you! But in any case I will start with the first of MANY!

Gift 1
    For my Buddy!
    Built in Appaloosa Plains but will be beautiful in any world this is my first gift's to you!

This is Gift 1 part 1
    I hope you enjoy this little modern home, its not a 10x10 but I did mange to get all of it on a 20x30 lot for you, I can't wait till you explore it! I hope you find it beautiful and lovely and have fun with the many stories you will write!

DOWNLOAD
    Ciane%2527s%2BPlace.jpg

Gift 1 part 2
    What would a lovely modern home be if you couldn't have a sim ready made for it!
    Here is Edward Goldburg a sim that has many talent's! I hope you enjoy him!

DOWNLOAD
    Edward%2BGoldburg%2B3.jpg

PLEASE DON'T GO ANYWHERE THERE IS MORE TO COME!!!!!

Post edited by BreeMiles on
    edited May 2019
    @BreeMiles Gosh the multi-textures, the stone coloumns, the blinds peeking through the windows just wow and Edward's piercing blue too :hushed:

@Mmdrgntobldrgn :star: You're my Buddy :star: I know what you're thinking, and no running is no longer an option :|

The first thing I did when I got your name was to read your amazing blog with its wonderful variety of rich stories and characters :love: Being your buddy has just sent me down a rabbit hole of a whole new style of gameplay and a gamut of story based potential. So I wanted to reflect that in the gifts and also say thank you with them by providing a variety of stories, traits and LTWs for you to play with <3

Things you should know:
    1. All Sims are unskilled so you can explore them as you'd wish
    2. If you see any pastels shoot them on sight
    3. If you think about it, at the end of the day this is all Addy's fault o:)
    edited May 2019
    Gift 1 for @Mmdrgntobldrgn : Hey Big Spender – a loser challenge sim

Loser Challenge Rules Traits and fatal flaw chosen with the help of: The Wheel of Misfortune

Name: Vincenzo Devlin
    Traits: Diva, mean spirited, unlucky, hot headed, loser
    Funds: 16, 550
    Skills: Getting fired for claiming organic beard products as a business expense
    Style: Debatable
    Loser Fatal Flaw: Spendthrift - this sim will spend every simoleon they get their hands on. If the family has any money left, you have to have this sim spend it all buying stuff or services. Bills can be paid with priority, but everything else must be spent as fast as you can. Spendthrift and Scrooge will dislike each other and always be enemies.
    Description: Vincenzo fashion savvy and permanently fabulous doesn’t know why he was born so unlucky. Maybe it was fate, maybe it was destiny, maybe it was because he was delivered in an ambulance that crashed into a mirror boutique while swerving to avoid a black cat. Who knows? All Vincenzo can do blog about it and blame everyone else for his problems in 280 characters or less

Vincenzo discovering that people still use phones to make phone calls
    1UZrQnW.jpg?7
    Vincenzo is as poor as a very stylish church mouse since being kicked out of Stylist School for, among other things, blowing all his tuition money on designer shoelaces. Shockingly to only Vincenzo he is always short of cash, which may or may not be related to the fact he has less control of a budget than a government building project

The other reasons he was kicked out of Stylist school are as yet unknown...
    JyEudza.jpg

Knowing YOLO hothead Vincenzo quit his latest fast food job over sartorial differences as to whether wearing a hair net was "safe food hygiene" or a "gross infringement of his human rights". Having ditched his uniform and left a scathing yelp review Vincenzo started his life as a social media sensation. So far he has nine followers on his Simstagram account, three of which are his mother, but with every out of focus photo of his over priced designer trainers he knows he is one step closer to fulfilling his dream of being #Simstafamous

Vincenzo living his life #unfiltered*
    tqI3yhs.png

*No filters were used in this photo, however there were three stylists, two make up artists and one massively expensive wind machine
    @AlphaFen I can done tell by the pictures this sim is going to be super fun to play with! Wonderful job on him!
    I wanted to also make something for the whole Amazing Gift Exchange Community so I came up with these two builds and I really hope you all enjoy them, I had a ton of fun making them!

Chella Modern
    DOWNLOAD
    Chella%2BModern%2B2.jpg

Sulfur Lane is built in Aurora Skies but I'm sure will be lovely in most any world! I hope you all enjoy this lovely little 1 bed 1 bath home, I really enjoyed joining the community in this gift exchange! Thank you ALL for making it so much fun!

2019 Sulfur Lane
    DOWNLOAD
    2019%2BSulfur%2BLane.jpg

BUT PLEASE CIANE!!!!! DON'T RUN OFF FOR I HAVE MORE FOR YOU TOMORROW!!!!! <3

@BreeMiles
    Ciane's Place has plenty of curb appeal! The different colors and textures used on the exterior encourages one to step inside and see what's going on there, too.
    Edward is a handsome sim! LOVE his freckles.
    @AlphaFen
    Vincenzo looks like he'll provide as many hearty guffaws as groans when playing out his loser lifestyle!
    @BreeMiles
    Thank YOU for the Community gifts!
    Chella Modern is marvelous and 2019 Sulfur Lane is lovely!! Whether simmers like to play large families or start out small, these two builds will suit all types of play styles.
  • cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    Oh, you pegged me @BreeMiles perfectly to a tee! I love that build. I love, love, love modern homes. They have so much quirky personality that those who love traditions might not enjoy so much, but they bring me joy. I lot when a roof line juts up higher in one section than another and a wall sticks out and is textured differently. It's like accepting all the differences of all the varied people around us and seeing that each offers something in the unique approach and thought process and how we'd be a sadder, less lively place without that one difference.

I love those big windows and the tall, narrower ones and the way they all go together, yet stand out. The mix of wood and stone is always a hit with me too. I love the natural elements. It's just perfect and it's in my game calling my name.

I also LOVE the modern home you've nicely shared with everyone, but I'll consider it especially designed for my tastes as well. I love the different heights of the roof lines, the mix of textures and colors, and the gorgeous landscaping.

And of course another home for AS that is perfectly landscaped is always a plus. All your homes are so inviting and calling my name. I can't wait to explore more.

Thank you so very much. You are awesome.

Everyone, I LOVE all you've done. I won't get any work done today. You've overwhelmed me!
    @ciane Thank you so much, I'm so happy you like!! I can't wait for you to explore and I really hope I captured the interior to your liking! I really wanted it to be a surprise when you opened the door and walked in! <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top