Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to remove the situational/NPC career outfit?

TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
EDIT: Changed the title to reflect the current status of my research.

Sometimes when I save or download a household their CAS info gets (or is already) messed up. I notice this by looking up the household in the library and checking the used packs:

xIsQIe6.png

The image above shows the info from Lord Bernard, who uses CAS items from the base game and Get Together, but doesn't use any from Outdoor Retreat or Luxury Party.

So far I could solve this by toying around in CAS, deleting slots and re-creating them, as well as removing pieces of clothing and re-adding them. To be honest, I am not sure which step or combination of steps did work in the past, but in the end at least one always did.

I am not so lucky this time with Bernard. I completely undressed him, I checked the hidden career outfit, and I tried to fix the outfit IDs and reset the bathing outfit with Scumbumbo's Outfit Tools. But the library info still lists Outdoor Retreat and Luxury Party as used packs.

Any hint would be highly appreciated - thanks!
Post edited by TopNotchToddler on

Comments

• AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Sounds like this is a bug. I would report that on Answers HQ if I were you or someone else may have a workaround.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    Thanks for your answer, @AriaMad2, reporting will be my next step.
    UPDATE:
    I wanted to do a little more research before I report, and in the meantime I have found the culprit. It is one of those randomly assigned situational outfits/NPC outfits that causes the additional packs, seen here on my current test sim:

sgW3BsL.jpg

These are hidden in category 7, and I haven't found a way to remove them.
    • Using the cheats here only adds an outfit to the last free slot, but doesn't remove or overwrite existing ones.
    • The cheat sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas only works for regular career outfits, not NPC career outfits.
    • Scumbumbo's Outfit Tools lets me manipulate the bathing outfit, but not the situational outfit.

Is there another way to get rid of it? Thanks in advance!
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    To my knowledge situation outfits cannot be edited at all. And the only way to disable them is with mods- yet I'm not sure whether using a mod to disable them will solve your problem. Also, since all of the situation outfits use that same slot, you'd have to guess which mod you have to install in order to disable that particular situation outfit (or install all of the available ones)

MCCC has a few options to get rid of some of them. There was also a (german?) website somewhere that had a lot of mods to remove most of them but I don't remember the name.

I think by the time I got done doing all that, I'd rather just copy and paste the sim's appearance onto a fresh one with MCCC and hope that works instead.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
    edited May 2019
    @Cupid, thank you for your answer. You are right, with the tools available at the moment copying the face in MCCC and recreating the outfit from scratch is the most reasonable effort. Still a drag, but at least it gives me some peace to know that there is no other way ;)
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    One thing I do with gallery finds, if I am going to be playing them, is use the create twin option in CAS. This gives me a clean fresh sim to use in the game, no hidden traits, skills, etc. It's a bit of a pain to redo the outfits etc., sure, but it prevents any leftover stuff from the creators game if they were saved out of the game itself.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
    Thanks @sunblond, that way I don't have to send my sim into live mode. I always forget about CAS genetics...
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Please keep in mind that the sims phyical appearence could also be from the other packs its not just cloth. Also there is not just one outfit for a sim, there can be multiple outfits in the catigory, and there is at least 6 catigories.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
    Thanks @Sid1701D9, I checked all slots of each category, and the items found under Show used items correspond with the image you see in my post above. As for categories, I think there are twelve that we know of so far.