Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 aMAYzing Gift Exchange ~ DONE :)

Comments

• cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    I admit it, @Mystik1978. I sang along (in my head) with the cat.

I'm closer to being ready. I'm ready for the first gifting any way.

GIMP has locked up on me once already today and yes, I'm still sorting through pictures.
  • Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    @ciane I did too, so don't feel bad.

@ADWilson When is the scheduled plan to open the thread up ... Not that I am in a hurry or excited or any such thing. ;)
  • JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited May 2019
    Mystik1978 wrote: »
    @ADWilson When is the scheduled plan to open the thread up ... Not that I am in a hurry or excited or any such thing. ;)

My launcher finger isn't getting twitchy or anything. I would just like to know too, for science. ;)

Ps. It's 21:00 in parts of the UK so it's nearly the 19th for them.
    :smiley: I don't even have my launcher open yet! Oh my! I predict @Jessabeans just might beat everyone to the start!

debates going back to pictures and text or taking a break
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    ciane wrote: »
    :smiley: I don't even have my launcher open yet! Oh my! I predict @Jessabeans just might beat everyone to the start!

I am going to wait for either you or Jessa to go first.. I am so afraid of messing up, since I have never done a gift exchange.. I have looked at the instructions about fifty times..
  • MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited May 2019
    LMC6255 wrote: »

I am going to wait for either you or Jessa to go first.. I am so afraid of messing up, since I have never done a gift exchange.. I have looked at the instructions about fifty times..

I could be a stinker and post a sneak peak, but I'm about to play test something so I won't be. ;)
    Okay I lied .......
    snpk2-1.jpg
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes
    It looks like a baby dragon to me @Mmdrgntobldrgn. And @LMC6255 - you can't mess up the gifting. It's like Christmas. The wrapping doesn't last and it's the thought that counts. The only problem will be finding cc. Hopefully, none sneaks in.
  • MsPrissy88MsPrissy88 Posts: 3,122 Member
    1c9df4ad6df7eef4864db45b4eade744.jpg

Admit it some of you sang that instead of reading it, didn't you!!!

I was trying to copy the cat. 🤣 I love this meme.
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

you take breaks when? sometimes just reading about your actvity filled day is exhausting :)<3 you. my writers lounge cohost taught me what the heart meant. that one i use to mean what its supposed too. i've been wound up since thursday when the big bang theory ended. but what i love abouttheese exchanges is sometimes i meet new people and other times i learn more about old people. i mean old friends that i may interact with but not no much about. i knew you volunteered a lot but not as much as turned out. :)
    MsPrissy88 wrote: »

is anyone standing on addys shoulders yet? :p
    Hi guys!! *waves*

If some of you are wondering about whether to use Flickr (because of their up coming maintenance), I’d say just do it. I too have Flickr, and have already uploaded most of the images I’m going to use.

((I didn’t want to be caught unaware))

I just have a few more to upload, and then I’ll be all done. 😁
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    edited May 2019

but this is so you so it can't be copying. cloning maybe. ciane reminds me of the engizer bunny i can't decide what excited prissy is hough forgive me. i;m a mix otired and excited.
    Just you wait and see how busy I have been @friendsfan367. You won't believe it, I think! I'm trying to decide to make some last, last minute changes yet and I think I will.
    @MsPrissy88 I am sorry to hear you are still under the weather. Here's hoping you feel better soon! I do want to add in my 2 simoleons worth For me and raising my kids I found when you are really ill from a stomach bug or getting sick stuff like Gatorade is great. It is a clear liquid and if still having trouble keeping it down I found if you dilute is with some water it takes away any sweetness that may be making it harder to keep down.

If you are stuffing from heartburn and acid this is going to sound gross but drink 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar (again you can dilute it if needed for taste). You may get sick from it, but the acid in it helps coat your stomach and even if you get sick I find my stomach always felt a lot better afterwards.

I finished reading the rest of the post and see you are doing better @MsPrissy88 YEAH!

Thank you @Mystik ☺️ As far as my heartburn and allergies, I have a pill for both. I mean, 2 separate pills. One for each. If y’all saw how many pills I have to take... but, I don’t mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HI BUDDY! I did a little something something, and had to let @Addy see it. 😉 She likes it 😄😉 I really can’t wait til we can start gifting. I worked extra hard on this ((mumbles)). And even though I say this every gift exchange, I wish I could be a fly on your computer, to SEE your reaction when you open my gift. 😉☺️
    Origin ID -- MsPrissySim

My Twitch Channel

YouTube
    @MsPrissy88 I am sorry to hear you are still under the weather. Here's hoping you feel better soon! I do want to add in my 2 simoleons worth For me and raising my kids I found when you are really ill from a stomach bug or getting sick stuff like Gatorade is great. It is a clear liquid and if still having trouble keeping it down I found if you dilute is with some water it takes away any sweetness that may be making it harder to keep down.

If you are stuffing from heartburn and acid this is going to sound gross but drink 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar (again you can dilute it if needed for taste). You may get sick from it, but the acid in it helps coat your stomach and even if you get sick I find my stomach always felt a lot better afterwards.

I finished reading the rest of the post and see you are doing better @MsPrissy88 YEAH!

Thank you @Mystik ☺️ As far as my heartburn and allergies, I have a pill for both. I mean, 2 separate pills. One for each. If y’all saw how many pills I have to take... but, I don’t mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HI BUDDY! I did a little something something, and had to let @Addy see it. 😉 She likes it 😄😉 I really can’t wait til we can start gifting. I worked extra hard on this ((mumbles)). And even though I say this every gift exchange, I wish I could be a fly on your computer, to SEE your reaction when you open my gift. 😉☺️

see thats where the cloning thing would be handy. you could be both places.
    edited May 2019
    Just you wait and see how busy I have been @friendsfan367. You won't believe it, I think! I'm trying to decide to make some last, last minute changes yet and I think I will.

my only goal is to master my instapot mini. so i can get the bigger one. compared to you i'm a slug.
    Life is all about so many different things @friendsfan367. We all choose what we enjoy and what we want to accomplish. I just love a challenge and I like to set high goals. Whether I achieve them or not is another matter; but I enjoy the adventure.

Addy, please... I know it's already tomorrow in Europe.
  • LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member

@ciane Last minute changes? I am counting on you.. Mine is packed and ready to go.. I have one copy of all my uploads in a file on my desk top and one copy on a cloud folder.. Just in case..
    It's good to be prepared. When we had the tornado this morning, I was thinking that backup on the cloud won't help me without internet. Luckily, I have internet and power.
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Goodness, y'all have been busy with chatter ... <3 it!!!
    and twiddling of thumbs.

We just walked in the door after a busy day away from the house. Let me do a little light "housekeeping" ...
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    ... there that's better!
    Had to polish the sign at the beginning of the thread.

You know what that means?
    Gifting is officially OPEN!!!
    edited May 2019
    Dear buddy, while you wait, you could go look at pics here:
    http://cianesims.home.blog/builds/

I bet you can guess who you are by what the gift is!

The little gift #1.5 :wink:
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9309937
    original.jpg

The big gift #1:
    https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9310835
    roof_up_original.jpg

Are you surprised Buddy?
    New link added for Haiku.
    Post edited by ciane on
  • suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Hello, my buddy @Mystik1978. I was really excited when I read your buddy letter, and it gave me ideas for all sorts of things to make for you. I've concentrated all my gifts around Isla Paradiso since you mentioned playing there recently.

IP is a beautiful world but terribly buggy, which I'm sure you know. If you haven't already done this, I'd highly recommend - no matter how good your computer is - to grab @ciane's fixed-up version of IP, which you'll find at her "Lagless IP" link in her forum signature. She has some other good suggestions in her post, too, for making it run more smoothly.

Today, I'm going to give you *two* of your gifts, because I simply couldn't divide them up without telling you about the other part.

Gift #1
    The Culpepper Household

47871982911_d06827fc7b.jpg

Elaine "Lainey" Culpepper
    Elder (70's but spry)
    Taurus

Witch

Green Thumb
    Loves the Outdoors
    Cat Lover
    Artistic
    Virtuoso

Lifetime Wish: Perfect Garden (accomplished)
    Career: Self-employed Alchemist

Lainey's Story:
    People sometimes ask, "Lainey, are you a witch?" I'm not really comfortable with that term. It sounds so ominous. I'm a good person. If I don't know you well, I'll just say "of course not." If I trust you, I might admit I've studied magic a bit and found it beneficial, just another way of helping.

The love of my life, whose adventurous nature set me on the path to my life's purpose, is Paulo O'Dowd. We met at a party. I think the reason I first wanted to get to know him was to find out how he got that odd combination of first and last names. It wasn't really that unusual a story, though. His mother was originally from Venezuela and his father's family had its roots in Ireland. His family seemed to have a longstanding tradition of being attracted to people whose backgrounds were different from their own.

Shortly after we met, impulsive Paulo came up with the idea we should drive cross-country in his VW bus to the upcoming Woodstock rock festival in New York state. It wasn't a sure thing we'd ever get there in that vehicle, but nonetheless, we ventured out. I hadn't been out of Sunset Valley much before, and I was so excited to see the many very different places we passed through on our trek. I loved the different terrains and especially the different forms of plant life. While the bus got us to our destination without incident, it didn't get us back home as easily. We broke down in Ohio and spent a few weeks there doing odd jobs to make enough money for repairs.

While there, I met a woman who referred to herself as an herbalist who taught me to identify local plant life that could be used for health benefits. And that was the beginning of what would become a big part my life's work. I bought a book all about identifying, cultivating and using different herbs and spent most of my time on the remainder of our return trip studying it.

Over the next few years, we continued to travel and I continued to learn and gather native plants wherever we went. One day, Paulo announced a plan to spend a few months at his grandparents' farm on Isla Paradiso. His dear abuelo was in poor health by then and his abuela could not manage the farm on her own. We could help out for the season and fit in some sightseeing, snorkeling, boating. Paulo was enthusiastic about life on the farm, but I knew that wasn't really "him." Drinks on a catamaran at sunset was more his style. I, on the other hand . . . well, I secretly packed my collection of seeds and off we went.

Once settled on the farm, I began to learn some new things from the locals. I learned about alchemy and potion making, which took my ability to create healthful, restorative mixtures to new levels. I also began to learn about magic.

Paulo and I were here in Isla Paradiso together for over five years, until both his grandparents had passed. Surprisingly, his grandmother left the farm not just to Paulo but to both of us jointly, equally. It's true that I was more devoted to its success, but still, I was not expecting to inherit anything, especially since Paulo and I had never married. He said I deserved it, which was sweet of him (as well as truthful).

By this time, Paulo's enthusiasm toward farm life had waned. To borrow a song lyric, Paulo was a rolling stone. He began to talk of the Philipines and thought we should sell the farm and go. Go? Just abandon all we had worked for here? Leave Midnight, my precious cat, the chickens, my herb garden, the grand piano and just go? I was grounded on the farm by then and going wasn't an option.

And so, Paulo went and I stayed. He said he would come home soon. For a while, he visited every year or so, but I hadn't heard from him in five years until his recent letter, and I had begun to wonder if he was still alive.

I had just arrived home from a trip back to Sunset Valley to visit with my brother. I wanted to spend some time with him while we could still enjoy each other's company. He is getting up in years (aren't we all), and I didn't want to next see him at his funeral.

I worried about the farm the entire time I was gone, of course. I had hired a local young man to look after it, and while he is the dependable sort, he didn't really know too much about the day-to-day workings of a farm. Things were still standing when I arrived home. Nothing had died, although the crops won't be so good this season, and my sweet Midnight (the third of his name) was a bit chubbier than when I left.

I brought company with me, too, my great niece Lena, who was eager to get out of Sunset Valley and who thought she'd fit right in on the farm.

We had no sooner unpacked when Paulo's letter, postmarked Shang Simla, arrived. He was announcing the imminent arrival of his great nephew. He could have asked, but that wasn't really Paulo's style. Colin was very interested in livestock, especially horses, and wanted to learn to cultivate coffee, and Paulo thought the farm was the perfect place for him to learn, plus he could help out. Well, we will see how that goes, whether he is more steadfast in his commitment than his uncle proved to be. Apparently, we would not have to wait long to at least get started. Some cows were delivered the other day, even before Colin, with his arrival just a few hours behind.

40905869203_8e6c31ef2b.jpg

Lena Greene

To look at Lena one would think she is a soft romantic. She favors lilac, billowing fabrics, ruffles and lace. That's just a facade, though. Underneath is a practical, down-to-earth young woman.

Young Adult
    Pisces

Green Thumb
    Loves the Outdoors
    Natural Cook
    Eco Friendly
    Neat

Lifetime Wish: Culinary Librarian
    Career: Self-employed Gardener

47082990874_d040abd0b2.jpg

Colin O'Dowd

Colin is very excited about the farm, his main interests being in successful ventures in coffees and livestock. Oh, and he loves horses. Nothing is better than seeing the world on the back of a horse. Pity he doesn't have one (yet).

Young Adult
    Scorpio

Brooding
    Equestrian
    Green Thumb
    Loves the Outdoors
    Angler

Lifetime Wish: Perfect Garden

Household Download Link: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9309944
    Pictures Link: https://www.flickr.com/gp/149259598@N06/4K5ygu
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    edited May 2019
    i left comments on wp. i didn't want to add to all the headaches i gave addy already.opps i was talking to ciane.
    suzses wrote: »
    Hello, my buddy @Mystik1978. I was really excited when I read your buddy letter, and it gave me ideas for all sorts of things to make for you. I've concentrated all my gifts around Isla Paradiso since you mentioned playing there recently.

IP is a beautiful world but terribly buggy, which I'm sure you know. If you haven't already done this, I'd highly recommend - no matter how good your computer is - to grab @ciane's fixed-up version of IP, which you'll find at her "Lagless IP" link in her forum signature. She has some other good suggestions in her post, too, for making it run more smoothly.

Today, I'm going to give you *two* of your gifts, because I simply couldn't divide them up without telling you about the other part.

Gift #1
    The Culpepper Household

47871982911_d06827fc7b.jpg

Elaine "Lainey" Culpepper
    Elder (70's but spry)
    Taurus

Witch

Green Thumb
    Loves the Outdoors
    Cat Lover
    Artistic
    Virtuoso

Lifetime Wish: Perfect Garden (accomplished)
    Career: Self-employed Alchemist

Lainey's Story:
    People sometimes ask, "Lainey, are you a witch?" I'm not really comfortable with that term. It sounds so ominous. I'm a good person. If I don't know you well, I'll just say "of course not." If I trust you, I might admit I've studied magic a bit and found it beneficial, just another way of helping.

The love of my life, whose adventurous nature set me on the path to my life's purpose, is Paulo O'Dowd. We met at a party. I think the reason I first wanted to get to know him was to find out how he got that odd combination of first and last names. It wasn't really that unusual a story, though. His mother was originally from Venezuela and his father's family had its roots in Ireland. His family seemed to have a longstanding tradition of being attracted to people whose backgrounds were different from their own.

Shortly after we met, impulsive Paulo came up with the idea we should drive cross-country in his VW bus to the upcoming Woodstock rock festival in New York state. It wasn't a sure thing we'd ever get there in that vehicle, but nonetheless, we ventured out. I hadn't been out of Sunset Valley much before, and I was so excited to see the many very different places we passed through on our trek. I loved the different terrains and especially the different forms of plant life. While the bus got us to our destination without incident, it didn't get us back home as easily. We broke down in Ohio and spent a few weeks there doing odd jobs to make enough money for repairs.

While there, I met a woman who referred to herself as an herbalist who taught me to identify local plant life that could be used for health benefits. And that was the beginning of what would become a big part my life's work. I bought a book all about identifying, cultivating and using different herbs and spent most of my time on the remainder of our return trip studying it.

Over the next few years, we continued to travel and I continued to learn and gather native plants wherever we went. One day, Paulo announced a plan to spend a few months at his grandparents' farm on Isla Paradiso. His dear abuelo was in poor health by then and his abuela could not manage the farm on her own. We could help out for the season and fit in some sightseeing, snorkeling, boating. Paulo was enthusiastic about life on the farm, but I knew that wasn't really "him." Drinks on a catamaran at sunset was more his style. I, on the other hand . . . well, I secretly packed my collection of seeds and off we went.

Once settled on the farm, I began to learn some new things from the locals. I learned about alchemy and potion making, which took my ability to create healthful, restorative mixtures to new levels. I also began to learn about magic.

Paulo and I were here in Isla Paradiso together for over five years, until both his grandparents had passed. Surprisingly, his grandmother left the farm not just to Paulo but to both of us jointly, equally. It's true that I was more devoted to its success, but still, I was not expecting to inherit anything, especially since Paulo and I had never married. He said I deserved it, which was sweet of him (as well as truthful).

By this time, Paulo's enthusiasm toward farm life had waned. To borrow a song lyric, Paulo was a rolling stone. He began to talk of the Philipines and thought we should sell the farm and go. Go? Just abandon all we had worked for here? Leave Midnight, my precious cat, the chickens, my herb garden, the grand piano and just go? I was grounded on the farm by then and going wasn't an option.

And so, Paulo went and I stayed. He said he would come home soon. For a while, he visited every year or so, but I hadn't heard from him in five years until his recent letter, and I had begun to wonder if he was still alive.

I had just arrived home from a trip back to Sunset Valley to visit with my brother. I wanted to spend some time with him while we could still enjoy each other's company. He is getting up in years (aren't we all), and I didn't want to next see him at his funeral.

I worried about the farm the entire time I was gone, of course. I had hired a local young man to look after it, and while he is the dependable sort, he didn't really know too much about the day-to-day workings of a farm. Things were still standing when I arrived home. Nothing had died, although the crops won't be so good this season, and my sweet Midnight (the third of his name) was a bit chubbier than when I left.

I brought company with me, too, my great niece Lena, who was eager to get out of Sunset Valley and who thought she'd fit right in on the farm.

We had no sooner unpacked when Paulo's letter, postmarked Shang Simla, arrived. He was announcing the imminent arrival of his great nephew. He could have asked, but that wasn't really Paulo's style. Colin was very interested in livestock, especially horses, and wanted to learn to cultivate coffee, and Paulo thought the farm was the perfect place for him to learn, plus he could help out. Well, we will see how that goes, whether he is more steadfast in his commitment than his uncle proved to be. Apparently, we would not have to wait long to at least get started. Some cows were delivered the other day, even before Colin, with his arrival just a few hours behind.

40905869203_8e6c31ef2b.jpg

Lena Greene

To look at Lena one would think she is a soft romantic. She favors lilac, billowing fabrics, ruffles and lace. That's just a facade, though. Underneath is a practical, down-to-earth young woman.

Young Adult
    Pisces

Green Thumb
    Loves the Outdoors
    Natural Cook
    Eco Friendly
    Neat

Lifetime Wish: Culinary Librarian

47082990874_d040abd0b2.jpg

Colin O'Dowd

Colin is very excited about the farm, his main interests being in successful ventures in coffees and livestock. Oh, and he loves horses. Nothing is better than seeing the world on the back of a horse. Pity he doesn't have one (yet).

Young Adult
    Scorpio

Brooding
    Equestrian
    Green Thumb
    Loves the Outdoors
    Angler

Lifetime Wish: Perfect Garden

Household Download Link: https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=9309944
    Pictures Link: https://www.flickr.com/gp/149259598@N06/4K5ygu

great sims.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top