Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tropical Island EP Speculation

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    liliaeth wrote: »
    I want swimmable oceans, but if they do that, I want it instituted in the other beach areas as well, that we already had in the other worlds. (maybe in a patch before the pack comes out, if they want to be really nice)

They have stated several times that backing up to make oceans swimmable is not possible. It can be added to future worlds but not old worlds.
  • Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 498 Member
    I don't see how because a modder has made oceans and lakes swimmable, he only needs to do the getting in and out animations before the mod is released.
    Sofmc9 wrote: »
    I don't see how because a modder has made oceans and lakes swimmable, he only needs to do the getting in and out animations before the mod is released.

If a modder's version is good enough for you, then you don't need it added to old worlds.

I don't like mod versions of actions because it's never as good as the devs can do. For example, the HEIGHT mod is fine in thought but fails in action. When a tall sim sits, they sit above the chair, not on it. When a short sim sits, they sit into the chair, not on it. So, I would be fine with ocean swimming in just an island world. Ocean swimming is boring IMO.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited May 2019
    General Wants:
    • Vacationing. Even if we're the new neighborhood isn't a vacation world, I want the option of being able to rent hotels and treat your stay here as a proper vacation.
    • Speaking of, let's get hotels or beach houses we can stay in. You can rent out rooms in hotels for a certain price every night, and they can be built in any neighborhood. Bonus points if we can buy and manage the hotels and choose how much everything costs.
    • Surfing, hopefully with its own skill.
    • Surfing competitions, complete with cash money prizes.
    • An equivalent to the Selvadoradian Culture skill.
    • You can swim in water. If you have Cats & Dogs, you can now swim at their beaches.
    • Deep-sea diving and explorable underwater lots.
    • Underwater cities and ruins. Bonus if the culture skill lets us decipher glyphs and get some lore. Also, we can hold seminars and teach other sims about the culture.
    • Simslantis. Triple-bonus if we can guy a lot and live there if we're a mermaid.
    • Pirates, even if they're just a tourist trap thing, like in Bon Voyage.
    • Beaches with the ability to make sandcastles, bury other sims in sand, hunt for treasure and other collectibles.
    • New collectibles: starfish, seahorses, new fish, coral, crabs, seaweed, kelp, seashells, artifacts, glass.
    • New small pet: parrots, seagulls and other birds.
    • Monkeys or chimps. Either they're an NPC, a pet you can take care of, or a sim you can control. Castaway did the latter, and IIRC they even had little chimpanzee jobs they could go to.
    • New aquariums
    • An overhaul on fish: you can feed them or they'll die, and they can breed over time.
    • It'd be cool if we could have pet sharks and dolphins too. I mean, why not? They're cute.
    • Luaus.
    • Hula dancing.
    • Golf.
    • Death by drowning.
    • House boats.
    • Tons of sight-seeing locations. Maybe they have selected spots where we pose for pictures. I hate having to turn the camera on and off, then moving my sim to very specific spots in the hopes of getting a good shot. It's so tedious.
    • Add posing to a sim's pie menu, with several poses to choose from.
    • Volcanoes. I don't know how you'd implement these, but I want them.
    • Cruises, maybe? Community lots you can't leave until it docks, or just timed events. They could have specialty cruises, like all-male or all-female cruises, a singles-only love boat, a family-friendly trip, a booze ship, or a round-the-clock party.
    • Boat tours. You get on one of those glass-bottom boats with some other sims, and a tour guide shows you some cool sights and animals. It works best if you're playing in first-person mode.
    • The ability to buy postcards and send them to other sims.
    • A Lifeguard career. Splits into Bay Watcher (regular lifeguarding stuff) and Bay Watcher at Night (lifeguarding, but you're also a detective for some reason.)
    • Traits: Loves Water, Hydrophobic, Fan of the Strange (makes your sim seek out occult sims of all types), Boring (your sim can bore other sims. They like day-to-day activities like doing laundry, but hate exciting/out-there activities like deep-sea diving.)
    • Lifetime rewards: Iron Lungs (can stay underwater longer without breathing), Hold Your Breath (can stay underwater indefinitely, lets you live in Simslantis.)
    • Face boards. Just something to spice up our pictures.

Basically, I want a lot of things to do on my tropical adventure. Give me a reason to keep coming back to this place, besides the atmosphere.

Mermaids:
    • You can customize their looks greatly, including how many scales they have in sim form.
    • They require moisture every so often, or have to swim and enter their mermaid forms every couple of days. If not, they get uncomfortable/tense moodlets and die.
    • Basically just copy a lot of The Sims 3's ideas.
    • Can't drown and can dive deeper than other sims.
    • Can sleep in bathtubs of water, or in pools.
    • Skill tree perks: enchanting voice/songs, the ability to stay on land indefinitely, finding rarer fish while fishing.

EDIT: I just saw this on mobile and this post is a monster. Spoiler tagging it for easier reading.
    Post edited by Gordy on
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
    edited May 2019
    @Dannydanbo point was if a modder can make oceans swimmable in all worlds, the Devs can make it too.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    @Dannydanbo point was if a modder can make oceans swimmable in all worlds, the Devs can make it too.

Obviously they could do it, it's more of a whether they should do it. As opposed to a modder who can take hours of their freetime to make it kind of work, the Sims team only has so many people, hours, and dollars to put into features. Also, a modder is working with what is already in the game, while developers would have to go back and reprogram from the ground up.

Now would I love to see open oceans in all the worlds? Of course! But if it means we lose other features like scuba diving as a result, I'd rather they just leave the old words alone and include it in future worlds.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    aws200 wrote: »
    Fake people

This is in speculation and rumors. I believe everyone knows that this may be fake, but right now we don't know either way. We are just having fun speculating.
  • BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    edited May 2019
    Out of the things the OP listed as their wants, I also want # 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 11. For #13, I would rather an island with multiple lots but quite a bit of space between them for a somewhat private feeling but also getting more lots to use. As a full world map I would like a central "town market/square," an area with beach homes and then an island.

If it's an expansion things like hotels and tourist sites probably won't be included as they definitely fit their game pack vacation themes much better.

Edit: How could I forget about house boats? They are a huge want but also a huge doubt. I doubt we'll get a swimmable ocean hence why I want pools to be heavily expanded upon, so I doubt we'll get houseboats but some lots over the water to build on would be okay.
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!

My point is, if you're satisfied with a modded version, then the devs doing it would be a waste of time, money and energy that could go to other things we want.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

My point is, if you're satisfied with a modded version, then the devs doing it would be a waste of time, money and energy that could go to other things we want.

As long as the 'get in and out' animations are nicely done, I'd be satisfied with a modded version. If not, I'd want the Devs to create those animations. :3 I don't see how we lose other features if the Devs add ocean swimming to every world.
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    I saw this on a twitter polll but maybe instead of death by sharks (we technically got this with Get Famous), maybe we could have death by a jellyfish sting!
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    I'd like :

-Ocean swimming
    -beach activities
    -lounge chairs
    -pool stuff
  • ThunderNebThunderNeb Posts: 55 Member
    The other Vacation Packs were not full Expansion Packs. I think Tropical Paradise could be just a Game Pack like the others. I'm hoping the new EP is magic based. The polls say most players want witches.

As long as the 'get in and out' animations are nicely done, I'd be satisfied with a modded version. If not, I'd want the Devs to create those animations. :3 I don't see how we lose other features if the Devs add ocean swimming to every world.

The devs have said many times that if they edit old worlds, it will boink our saved games. I don't want all my saves to be affected just so sims can swim off the beach of any old world. If ocean swimming comes in the next EP, swim there. It's one click away. Not a big deal to travel to the swimable ocean.
    I want them to swim in Willow Creek lakes, Dannydanbo. When did the devs say editing old worlds will affect our saves? : /
    I want them to swim in Willow Creek lakes, Dannydanbo. When did the devs say editing old worlds will affect our saves? : /

Wanting doesn't cost you anything but time. Getting will cost everyone their saves. Swim through all the devs past tweets and find it yourself. If I found it for you, it would be a waste of my time and energy because you would still insist that it still should be done. It isn't a question of CAN. It's a question of SHOULD. The answer to that is no.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Creating swimmable lakes can be done now using the custom pool tool. And if converting all bodies of water to swimmable will bork my saves, no thank you to that kind of update. Having a tropical world where our Sims can live, work, play, and swim in the ocean, will be enough to satisfy me. I don't want something that has the potential to ruin the hours upon hours I have spent building stories, worlds and Sims in saves that are up to four years old. It isn't as if updating all bodies of water now in the game can be done with one or two lines of new code. The man hours alone it would take to accomplish that will take the teams away from creating new packs, and I hate to think of all the problems that could come up if they even tried to do it. There are several 'How To' vods available to watch that will teach you how to create lakes where Sims can swim and fish. And all it takes is a bit of patience and imagination to make beautiful parks with activities for every age group. Sure, it takes a couple of hours to create even a small park, but it's better than losing the work that has gone into my saves. I agree with @Dannydanbo, even if it can be done, it shouldn't be done this late in the game. There are several parks on the Gallery that have swimmable lakes if that wish is high on your list of wants, and the thought of doing it on your own feels overwhelming.

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member

Wanting doesn't cost you anything but time. Getting will cost everyone their saves. Swim through all the devs past tweets and find it yourself. If I found it for you, it would be a waste of my time and energy because you would still insist that it still should be done. It isn't a question of CAN. It's a question of SHOULD. The answer to that is no.

People were saying that with seasons too.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • BeeBellsBeeBells Posts: 11 New Member
    > @elelunicy said:
    > Houseboats are my favorite thing from TS3: Island Paradise. I’d be disappointed if they don’t make a return in TS4.

I've been really hoping the Island Paradise leaks are fake because I really want university. HOWEVER, if they bring back houseboats it may be worth it for me. Loved a good houseboat home in TS3.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Would be nice for a tropical EP to bring Sunbathing/tanning back. Maybe it's just a small feature, but imo small features like this can improve gameplay a lot. I mean, it will work very nicely with Seasons.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I think it'd be cool if for the first time it's both a Vacation world AND a residential world.

We need more pool items like the Pool Bar and Waterfall from island paradise, as well as water slides and diving boards.

I'm sure @catloverplayer would agree on more pool objects LOL.

People have been asking for a duel world for living and vacationing since OR dropped. They said then that the two world set ups are different (that's why vacation worlds are listed on their own page, not in residential worlds). Maybe if we get hotels we can "vacation" anywhere.

Merfolk could be fleshed out a lot more than they were in S3. I'd love to have a duel sim, one normal human look and one merfolk look. I think merfolk might have simple mental powers to "convince" sims to do things for them or fall in love with them, but nothing too spectacular. Just the changing to a tail would be cool enough.

I don't know why players think that merfolk live underwater. They don't. They live on land in a cave or hut or possibly right next door to our sims, trying to hide in plain sight.

The simplest solution is to add purchasing of other property, so you can stay in your beach home indefinitely.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I want swimmable oceans, but if they do that, I want it instituted in the other beach areas as well, that we already had in the other worlds. (maybe in a patch before the pack comes out, if they want to be really nice)

They have stated several times that backing up to make oceans swimmable is not possible. It can be added to future worlds but not old worlds.

They said not feasible, not impossible. Meaning they don't think it's worth the time and effort it would take.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png

They said not feasible, not impossible. Meaning they don't think it's worth the time and effort it would take.

Editing old worlds, according to the devs, would screw up all of our saves and I don't want to lose my saves. But yes, they also don't think it is worth the time and/or effort.

IMO, none of the beaches in the existing worlds are pretty or interesting enough to want to hangout and swim there. Unless they add beach activities while adding ocean swimming, it doesn't seem worth it.
  • doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    hopefully we get sunburns included when they were supposed to be in seasons, also stuff like pool floaties/toys that our sims can interact with. everyone else has said what i wanted already.