Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• jupkmnjupkmn Posts: 98 Member
    Apparently your pets can feel sad because they didn't complete the holiday traditions lol

aEvfnxb.png
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited May 2019
    calaprfy wrote: »

I set up a party with my current household and invited the sims I was about to rotate to, but when I rotated to them, there was no notification of the party and they didn't go. So do I have to remember the party details and travel there? I feel disappointed.

You're not gonna get a notification with another family to go you'll have to take your sim there by traveling. Even if they were invited. So less you planned the party within the same day it's best to remember what day an event is planned since it's not gonna show on your family household's calendar unfortunately, but it will mention that there's an event already planned if you try to plan another on the same calendar date. :)
    5vJrxmT.png
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    My orphanage is getting a little hectic with the laundry piling up everywhere:
    05-18-19_9-40-39%C2%A0AM.png?dl=0

So... I checked outside to see if it had finally stopped raining and dried the clothes on the line, and this is what I saw!!!
    05-18-19_9-40-19%C2%A0AM.png?dl=0

I guess the weight of all the rain on the clothing snapped the lines. I did not know that could happen! Totally awesome.

Though I do wonder where the laundry went, lol, cos it wouldn't blow away if it was heavy with rain. Maybe it got stolen, since they live in the dodgy area of the city :D
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited May 2019
    Part-time jobs for teenagers, which usually have three levels, count towards the "Reach level 3 in any career" requirement of the Knowledge / Renaissance Sim aspiration. Your sim still can't complete the aspiration as a teen because the second milestone also requires them to become an adult, but that means they'll only have to reach level 3 in two adult careers once they grow up.

Edit: However, the teen job is not enough to convince a parent with the Family / Successful Lineage aspiration that their child has reached the top of a career.
    Post edited by GrumpyGlowfish on
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Pets become sad if another pet in the same household dies.
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,643 Member
    My orphanage is getting a little hectic with the laundry piling up everywhere:
    05-18-19_9-40-39%C2%A0AM.png?dl=0

So... I checked outside to see if it had finally stopped raining and dried the clothes on the line, and this is what I saw!!!
    05-18-19_9-40-19%C2%A0AM.png?dl=0

I guess the weight of all the rain on the clothing snapped the lines. I did not know that could happen! Totally awesome.

Though I do wonder where the laundry went, lol, cos it wouldn't blow away if it was heavy with rain. Maybe it got stolen, since they live in the dodgy area of the city :D

Wow! I've never seen that before. An orphanage, what a great idea!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Part-time jobs for teenagers, which usually have three levels, count towards the "Reach level 3 in any career" requirement of the Knowledge / Renaissance Sim aspiration. Your sim still can't complete the aspiration as a teen because the second milestone also requires them to become an adult, but that means they'll only have to reach level 3 in two adult careers once they grow up.

Update: If your teenager reaches level 3 in multiple part-time careers, the game will actually remember this once they grow up! My hardworking Renaissance teen, who had previously been a superb manual laborer and fast food employee, completed the second and third milestones simultaneously the moment she aged up. So in theory, while adulthood is still required to properly complete the aspiration, your teen can already prepare for it by reaching the top of three part-time careers and level 8 in six skills, and after that you just have to wait.
  • SimtacularGirlSimtacularGirl Posts: 2 New Member
    I have this thread saved in my favourites on my computer. I come back just to check on it every now and then. Something I found out is if you're playing a family with children and you have extra help in (E.G a Nanny) You can ask them to move in if you have a good enough relationship/friendship
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    You can sell drinks you make at the bar in the inventory for a small profit.
    logion wrote: »
    You can sell drinks you make at the bar in the inventory for a small profit.

That's handy to know since I have a sim that constantly makes drinks!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I learned that Sims who have multiple relationships, that when asked if they're single, simply say: "I'm seeing someone." Pretty straight forward, I guess... :D
    funny-gifs20.gif

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Apparently you can set the down wake the llama game on fire burning it into ashes, but your sim has to have the evil trait. :# No fun for anyone.
    5vJrxmT.png
    I learned that Sims who have multiple relationships, that when asked if they're single, simply say: "I'm seeing someone." Pretty straight forward, I guess... :D

Hahaha, mine are all so monogamous from meeting when they're childhood friends until death, I'd never have known that. I must have a rogue sim at some stage and not keep playing happy families!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited May 2019
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Apparently you can set the down wake the llama game on fire burning it into ashes, but your sim has to have the evil trait. :# No fun for anyone.

Yeah, as soon as I discovered this, I immediately wrote a scene where Miss Hell did it in my comic. Because she totally would:
    Chapter10-Page6.jpg
    Chapter10-Page7.jpg

I sadly discovered after setting up a lovely little spot at the museum in Selvadorada that Sims can't get married while on vacation. I get why they can't have the full-on social event there, but I thought for sure they could elope! I had them eat cake and confess their love, then exchange the rings when they got home. :(
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »

Yeah, as soon as I discovered this, I immediately wrote a scene where Miss Hell did it in my comic. Because she totally would:
    Chapter10-Page6.jpg
    Chapter10-Page7.jpg

I sadly discovered after setting up a lovely little spot at the museum in Selvadorada that Sims can't get married while on vacation. I get why they can't have the full-on social event there, but I thought for sure they could elope! I had them eat cake and confess their love, then exchange the rings when they got home. :(

@katrinasforest your comic looks awesome! I love the one girls eye roll lol
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    @Jasonschick80 Thanks so much! Yeah, I love when the game actually plays along with what I'm trying to do. A lot of times the script gets tweaked after I take the screenshots to match some of the random expressions that show up.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
    Art Lovers will admire flower arrangements and become inspired.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I just found out you could actually read the birth certificates and find out whose they are LOL! You just have to have a SIM view them and it will say something like certificate to say that so-and-so is a healthy baby girl. You can't read them after the writing has faded though. I mean I'm sure everybody knew this but I always thought you couldn't read them in the first place and so I was always confused why the fading writing event even bothered to happen LOL
    If a sim has a scented flower arrangement in their inventory, they may smell it and gain the corresponding moodlet.

Just a warning for those intending to scent with the death flower!
  • sophlesimmersophlesimmer Posts: 19 Member
    When I saw the scooting thing I was like is this a mod lol only because I had never seen it before.
    When I read the stay-at-home mom/dad i- my- my heart
    > @feetinstockings said:
    > I just found out that you can pin a wish.

do you mean a whim XD
    > @EmmaVane said:
    > Kinina wrote: »
    >
    > Haha! The sadness hotline is pretty funny. I also didn’t know about the double bed scooting thing. WOW! That seriously changes everything for me when designing a room.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You only need 3 squares wide for a double bed now. You just need to leave half a square (Sim width) either side.
    > New recipes are available available with emotions (flirty heart cookies, high-energy meal etc).
    > Tired Sims sometimes fall asleep in the bath.

I thought the scooting thing meant you didn't have to leave a space on both sides? -unless you mean on one side xd
    > @SheriSim57 said:
    > feetinstockings wrote: »
    >
    > I just found out that you can pin a wish.
    >
    >
    >
    > What do u mean pin a wish?

I think they meant whim xd

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top