Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Don't you think it's time for multiple functioning lots?

I was wondering how many of us can agree that this opens up SO much possibilities in the game. Isn't this something we need rather then just wanting? I am talking about how 1 lot could provide for multiple lots. With small worlds like these, It could be a good option.

It doesn't seem to matter how many threads are being made with complaints or requests on an update on the current community lot options. Did they ever add something new to that poor list? Did they forget this? Did they bump against a problem where it's better to ignore lot types in this state of the game? They roll in all these kinds of new lot type equipment, but never the functioning lot option. Very cool to get a giant cinema tv screen, but what is it worth if no visitors are acting like it? Or gaming equipment, but no lot that serves as a game-hall or something. I am a little tired of making most lots act like bars or lounges to see sims never actually use the equipment which would change it all. I honestly think this is a major issue and a reason why 'going out' feels so dull. Community lots are not exciting enough. Why? because they lack in serving us what we really expect from them.

Since they seem to not give us a more advanced list, cause where to start at this point in the development? Would it really be smart to add some new lots to this list? Would that close the giant gap on possibilities? I am not sure.

I think it would serve us better in so many ways, if 1 lot could act like multiple lots. So that you can create a hotel, restaurant and spa in one. And where sims would act the right way on them. These lot types and their limited options are only getting in the way. Our worlds are small and some lots are big enough for us to create 2 or 3 venues on.
I come across a problem when I want to create a mall or multiple stores. Or maybe a relaxing spa resort with a 'souvenir store. It's just not possible.

Comments

• cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    if they allowed us to make our own lot sizes and have lots be able to be right next to each other instead of a gap of un-buildable space i think it would solve this issue without have thousands of programming for different situations running all at once.

really would like this, there's a lot of shop stores that are built right next to each other with a restaurant next door or a house. really wish we could edit the world and lot sizes.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    The concept of multi-venue lots is troubled by the game's current limitations.

The maximum number of sims allowed in any zone at one time is 20 (in an unmodded game.) This includes NPC's fulfilling job duties, and sims walking in the neighborhood around the lot. A lot divided into a spa, gym, and restaurant will have maybe 5-7 actual visitors after you factor in the restaurant staff, the spa staff, and the gym trainer. These 5-7 sims will then be spread thinly across this "multi-venue" lot since their autonomy would draw from objects in all 3 areas rather than just 1, making all parts of it feel empty.

If they want to do something like this, they would need to increase the maximum of sims allowed in a zone significantly, increasing it by 10 or perhaps even 20 might still not be enough. And I doubt it would happen because such a change would have direct consequences on performance. They could maybe get away with allowing Dual-venues (so a maximum of two) and increasing the zone limit by 10.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • CellardwellerCellardweller Posts: 92 Member
    edited May 2019
    Cupid wrote: »

The maximum number of sims allowed in any zone at one time is 20 (in an unmodded game.) This includes NPC's fulfilling job duties, and sims walking in the neighborhood around the lot. A lot divided into a spa, gym, and restaurant will have maybe 5-7 actual visitors after you factor in the restaurant staff, the spa staff, and the gym trainer. These 5-7 sims will then be spread thinly across this "multi-venue" lot since their autonomy would draw from objects in all 3 areas rather than just 1, making all parts of it feel empty.

If they want to do something like this, they would need to increase the maximum of sims allowed in a zone significantly, increasing it by 10 or perhaps even 20 might still not be enough. And I doubt it would happen because such a change would have direct consequences on performance. They could maybe get away with allowing Dual-venues (so a maximum of two) and increasing the zone limit by 10.

I wonder if they could make the NPC's more static for some multi-use lot roles to cut down on performance issues? Like ticket takers for movies, cashiers, hotel desk staff, etc. Obviously we need them to be dynamic for a restaurant but we could cut down by providing a buffet station - self serve. I would love to make a mall or galleria and the current restrictions are problematic. Maybe even a pack with a business district and the objects to allow multi-function venues...
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited May 2019

That's very true. But I am sure they can up that maximum pretty easy. Remember how culling was terrible at the beginning of the game? They upgraded that number a few times as well even though it was killing us in the beginning state of the game as if it was impossible to give us a normal game play style. Why would you ever put that terribly low culling number in a game anyway? I am convinced that at this point in the development, they could create a bigger number for sims allowance on 1 lot. We should move forward, not walk in the same cirlce and creating the illusion by 'getting better' with trading one feature for another.

Pretty sure they will find a proper way for a fix if we the community let them hear our voice ;)
    Post edited by FurSimsOfficial on
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Yes similar to how it works in Sims 2 would be nice. I believe it's even more dire considering the lack of space in Sims 4. If I could have a restaurant and a spa for example on the same lot it would save so much space.
    Trashmagic wrote: »
    Yes similar to how it works in Sims 2 would be nice. I believe it's even more dire considering the lack of space in Sims 4. If I could have a restaurant and a spa for example on the same lot it would save so much space.

Exactly! I have many multi purpose lots, but they just don't act right which is upsetting.
    I always like to build a hotel with a restaurant incl. I would love it if we get proper working hotels instead of the 'free' ones we can build now and also a proper working restaurant on the same lot.

I also have a lot with multiple buildings on them serving as stores, but it's not really possible to have that many employees on a lot which is ridiculous. Even the sims 2 served us better in that.
    To be able to have a shopping street, gives me TS1 and TS2 vibes! Loved that on hot date you had multiple stores on even 1 lot. Why in the world would they not give us this in the sims 4. It would take a lot of complaining I can tell.
  • VageniusVagenius Posts: 487 Member
    I would like to see this as well. If it's possible, I do not know. Another thing I'd love to see come back is the home business. I loved that feature in TS2. While they're at it, give us more business posibilities in general. I loved having a salon in OFB. They need to expand and work on businesses and community lots as a whole. Maybe a stuff pack or game pack dedicated to it.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    We should of had that option a long time ago. If some people feel as if they need 20 Sims on just 1 retail lot then they can just not build multiple shops on 1 lot but the rest of us who want that should have the option. It worked great back in Sims 2 I remember having a lot with a restaurant clothing store and hair salon and it worked great miss being able to do that.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • CeleSeraphymCeleSeraphym Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited May 2019
    I was wondering how many of us can agree that this opens up SO much possibilities in the game. Isn't this something we need rather then just wanting? I am talking about how 1 lot could provide for multiple lots. With small worlds like these, It could be a good option.

Hoooooomygod I've been saying that since the beginning. I would say the majority of my community lots are "multipurpose", but obviously in style-only; I would kill to have a cafe/book shop or a museum/restaurant or an animal park with a little movie theater. I have ALL of those things as lots in my game, but you have to pretend that they actually function that way. To be honest, like you said, it makes community lots dull. They can look incredible, and I've downloaded some that make me shake my head in awe, but 60% of the lot is wasted window dressing. Visually stunning but functionally stymied. It's sad.

That and Collection Files. I miss them so much it physically hurts. It takes a lot of time to go thru page after page after page of content to find one little item. If I could separate my most-used content (buy mode and CAS) into collection files, the whole gaming process would be so much smoother and much much much much much more efficient. I can't emphasize it enough.

That makes a lot of sense; I know zero about programming, but enough to understand that while it worked in TS3, TS4 is a completely different animal. Isn't there a way that it could be an option? The Maximum # of sims allowed on a lot is increased to 20 or so, but only if you set it that way in Options? And it's only recommended for systems that can handle it, like Ultra settings? Maybe not. It would be nice, though.

vLDcu1q.png
    "If you don't talk to your cat about catnip... who will?"

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
  • ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member
    I build much more than I play; but it is disheartening to see my hours-spent-on builds that basically are useless. There's a mod out there that tries to help by allowing a cafe in the library for example. I just got tired of the nearly constant updates and now can't remember what combinations I used... It's no wonder many of us are getting bored....and losing inspiration as there really is a limit on what can be usefully built and still have sims be there like intended. So, I couldn't agree more with the OP.
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.
  • onigirilover2onigirilover2 Posts: 22 Member
    yes please!
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I would love this as a feature, it would completely transform the entire concept of public lots. I do wish for another feature, one such as having the ability to tag rooms, especially in houses, things like living room, bathroom, party room, kids room, etc. that way sims in the house and visiting sims will more likely lounge in the rooms that best suit the situation.
  • CellardwellerCellardweller Posts: 92 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    I do wish for another feature, one such as having the ability to tag rooms, especially in houses, things like living room, bathroom, party room, kids room, etc. that way sims in the house and visiting sims will more likely lounge in the rooms that best suit the situation.

Great idea! I hate when you have a social event or neighbors over and instead of grabbing a plate and sitting at the multiple seating options in the dining room and living room, they go and sit on someone's bed to eat - even when a Sim is sleeping in it.

filipomel wrote: »
    I do wish for another feature, one such as having the ability to tag rooms, especially in houses, things like living room, bathroom, party room, kids room, etc. that way sims in the house and visiting sims will more likely lounge in the rooms that best suit the situation.

Great idea! I hate when you have a social event or neighbors over and instead of grabbing a plate and sitting at the multiple seating options in the dining room and living room, they go and sit on someone's bed to eat - even when a Sim is sleeping in it.

Yes that too. We need more control of our game. This is a part of that. Deciding which rooms or objects are being used on lots. i once red someone's idea on how it would be cool if we could set objects on a lot to be used the most. So if you would create a cinema lot, you could set the giant tv as 'most usable'. The game limiting us is never a good idea and I bet it is one of the reasons many are unhappy with The sims 4 compared to previous games.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    It's defenitely time for it.
    Lu4ERme.gif