Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many Sim projects/stories/families do you maintain or creating?

2...Next

Comments

• MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    edited May 2019
    Just the one story, one family, one save game.
    I have my one little family :) . My small Japanese family consists of mom Yaritza and dad Eugene, who have a toddler named Sana. The family of three live in an apartment in the Arts Quarter of San Myshuno. Yaritza is a journalist and Eugene is a chef. They aren’t doing too well financially, but they may end up having another child in the future. I love the family and can’t wait to see little Sana grow up (possibly with a sibling in the future). I can’t imagine how some people can care about 4+ families this much, but hey, anything’s possible.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited May 2019
    I've lost count...
    I play rotationally, I have about 153 sims I play, in quite a few families, roommates etc. they each have their own stories. I have aging off.
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    edited May 2019
    I've lost count...
    I fell in love with all the sims I recreated for my sims 2 sims 4 save so I play rotationally on all the families, slowly bringing them together.
    I take loads of screenshots but haven't actually written story lines to go with them but started a simblr to store them.

Edit: the sim count of my households is 137
    caitytrina.png
  • queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    I've lost count...
    Lately I have created an entire world of Pokemon to play in and this isn't currently true. But I feel like how I do play TS4 it is true....
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited May 2019
    2 or 3.
    I have 3 saves, the first being my main save with the most households I play in rotation.

I have FH as mostly vampires and their families. The Bellefleur family, Tristan, Lilith, teen and twin teens with a "normal" YA daughter Tristan had before hooking up with the vamps. It's loads of fun, Caleb and Isaac with their vamp teen, the houseful of Bellefleurs, Riley and Nobuya, vamps who were turned by Tristan and Caleb. Victoria is the normal YA who has totally immunity to the vamps as she is their daughter and sister...her roommate, Ben isn't so sure, lol.

I have a couple of saves more with just a sim or two in them...mostly I spend the most time in the bigger one. I really am addicted to my little simmies. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Thunderbat87Thunderbat87 Posts: 275 Member
    2 or 3.
    I have three saves that I would describe as active. One is my get famous save, one is my not so berry save and the last one is my favorite. I have been playing it for over a year now. It is semi rotational. I have a main sim who I started with Emmi and her family. She was a young adult when I started playing her and she has just aged up to an adult. I play with aging off and decide when I feel like it to age up the different sim. I have created Emmi's parents and siblings. Given them families. Almost all the premades have been given makeovers, and I have spent quite some time fixing the save. But it was a template save from lilsimsie, so that spared me some time. But that save is from before seasons. I mainly play with Emmi and her family, but sometimes I play with other sims in the save. I do what I like.
    I've lost count...
    It is amazing how many people lost count! :D
  • KitsumiKitsumi Posts: 20 Member
    I've lost count...
    I'm really bad with not finishing any of the storylines I've started. I'm a writer, so naturally I always have a bunch of fun plots in my head that I think would translate great into the Sims. But then once I start playing, the monotony of certain aspects of the game gets to me, and before I know it I'm in CAS again making my next family!
  • GorgeoiousGorgeoious Posts: 118 Member
    Initially wanted to play 1 family for generations. I ended up creating families to fill Newcrest so they would have neighbors. No I feel compelled to play them all. Especially when it's time for 1 of them to age up. I mainly play with1 family and visit others periodically. I also have a note pad. I'm working on customizing my entire game. Waiting to see what new pack we get before I actually begin changing things. I put a mall with a resturant and bar on same lot. In Granite Falls. It didn't work the way I planned.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    4 or more.
    I have a teen story going right now where two teens have been best friends and became girlfriend and boyfriend. Then he meets this cute celebrity and leaves her for the other girl. Then the girl meets a vampire, she falls for him but doesn't know he's a vampire. My stories intertwine like a soap opera, not like different stories that stand alone.
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I've lost count...
    Making up challenges for another forum, I've had several stories that were based on those challenges, and then when I messed up in the challenge, I'd leave the story. Currently I'm concentrating on one story, with 10 families that I play rotationally. Fingers crossed that I'll make it through all 10 of my planned generations.
  • TurquoisePapayaTurquoisePapaya Posts: 318 Member
    2 or 3.
    I have my main Landgraab save (gen3/4), my not so berry save where I'm working on gen 5(purple) and gen 6(orange), and I've recently started the decades challenge in a new save. I switch between these three saves depending on what I feel like doing.
    If I don't feel like playing with any of these, I also have a save called "Skillzzzzzz" where my sim is mastering all the skills, aspirations, collections, and careers. This isn't really a storyline, it's just grinding skills haha.
    giphy.gif
  • RevenwynRevenwyn Posts: 317 Member
    One and only one. I don't even have them age and usually don't give them children. When I'm done I'm done then I start over.
    Like my T-shirt? Get it here: Revenwyn's Sims

• AceOfKnavesAceOfKnaves Posts: 173 Member
    2 or 3.
    To make it less boring, I break up each generation in my legacy to a specific storyline and color; 2nd gen (pink themed) has to choose between being a 'diva' and successful singer while juggling the household, 3rd gen (green) lost their family, will they let this effect them or move on? 4th gen (purple) is focused on career, but at what cost does it take to get there?... And so on. I found that by doing this it can really make a difference in motivating me to play more consistently whlist they stand out amongst other sims.

Anything else is just short stories and a little less drama. Premades are 'meh' so usually their lives are intertwined with cas sims, everyone in-game is equal, though those coming from Old Money or very rich (i. e. Goths, Landgraabs) do receive better benefits than other sims because they have more connections within the community.

Having 2-3 saves is nice because I don't like long drawn out stories, so it keeps things fresh and progressive. Kudos to those who keep notepads, I never could be that organized with my sims, lol. I'm convinced they have their own secret agendas against the script, like when someone conveniently gets stuck on the sidewalk for no apparent reason...
  • AmavariAmavari Posts: 167 Member
    2 or 3.
    Generally speaking I tend twards having three families on separate save files so that I can play my sims the way i want to without any impact on the others

Though once I finish up everything that I want to do with a household I'll have the characters be a part of another characters world.

I tend to control most everything that my sims do because I have ideas as far as what kind of characters I want them to be so it's easiest to have about four sims per household at most so that I can get them all where I want them to be efficiently before sending them off to do other things on their own.
  • jacechujacechu Posts: 87 Member
    Right now, I have just one save file. A legacy, just started. Day one still actually because I am screenshotting and writing for a blog. Things are slower when I screenshot a lot. However, I plan on adding a project soon once I've got this legacy going more!
    Sims YouTube
    Twitter
    Gallery ID: jacechu06
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I've lost count...
    Loads LOL. But I have about four different save files four different challenges. Mostly I play my hundred baby one but I have a rotational save file and that's the one where I get loads and loads of families. If I have about 20 or more different families that I plan it rotationally for 2 days each with aging off and then on the last families turn I turn aging on long so that everybody ages up the two days that I have played
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 696 Member
    edited May 2019
    I don't really play with a specific story, challenge (though I've tried a few and abandoned them after a session or two of playing), or project in mind. I get bored so quickly if I already have everything planned out from the beginning. I like to just go with the flow of what sounds good for my Sims at the time.

Right now I have around a dozen different saves I play though.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
    I've lost count...
    I have my one little family :) . My small Japanese family consists of mom Yaritza and dad Eugene, who have a toddler named Sana. The family of three live in an apartment in the Arts Quarter of San Myshuno. Yaritza is a journalist and Eugene is a chef. They aren’t doing too well financially, but they may end up having another child in the future. I love the family and can’t wait to see little Sana grow up (possibly with a sibling in the future). I can’t imagine how some people can care about 4+ families this much, but hey, anything’s possible.

If Sana ever gets a sibling and they both get married and have kids I think you will and have to understand.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    I've lost count...
    I, too, keep coming up with new ideas. Some I merely start and fiddle around with, some I play for a long time. Some I turn into actual stories I work on writing.

My old and new favorites include:

-A young single father trying to raise his kid, get his books published, and deal with his depression after his girlfriend abandoned him and their toddler son

-A vampire with a human roommate (now boyfriend) who is overly enthusiastic about supernatural stuff (plus their adorable ghost dog)

-An alien studying human culture and getting a lot of things really wrong

-A vampire high school drama

-And one game where I've played many different households and it is, frankly, mostly about doing "stuff" at night clubs, and in saunas, and in hot tubs, and in bushes... *ahem* :naughty:

But I have probably about twenty or more other games started (including two different ones based on gods and goddesses from Greek mythology) that I may or may not occasionally come back to, and I just started a brand new one two days ago for no reason.

Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • CaleSimsCaleSims Posts: 196 Member
    4 or more.
    I try to currently played games. I never ever ever delete a game. It’s just like a burden that I’ll never have that same exact gameplay again. The current games I have now are:
    Parentcy Challenge
    100 Baby Challenge
    Disney Princess 10 Gen Challenge
    My real family
    A Orphanage
    And a normal family
    tumblr_inline_myy9221NKN1rkh0l2.gif
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    I've lost count...
    At any given time I have my main save (Sims 4) and two or more side-saves (any sims game).

My main save is always rotational and lasts about two years (although the longest running made 8 years, back in Sims 2).
    At the moment I maintain 17 households seperated into specific themes:
    - The party- and outing happy police sims with their huge townie co-workers followership
    - The fantasy loving college friends starting out families but keeping in touch
    - The experiments going on at the Rooftop farm
    - The close-knit military families Thornton and Leroy
    - The actors trying to build up their own movie studio
    - The androids trying to gain recognition as living beings
    These six themes could just as well be seperate saves, but I like the sims to intermingle either as friends or as rivals.

The side-saves are usually dedicated to specific challenges. They come and go quickly.
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    2 or 3.
    Two saves, One for building (even though I'm not good at it) and one for game play. One household at time. Have or adopt a child do something different with the new household.
  • katastrxphexxkatastrxphexx Posts: 99 Member
    2 or 3.
    I only have 3 saved spots, but I plan on creating more games without using any cheats or using challenges. I have my first ever family, another random family I made that has no storyline to it, and the one I'm working on now.
    6f4f6cd2ab6a98484802c3e49c862f2c.gif