Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tropical Island EP Speculation

So if EP 7 does turn out to have a tropical island theme, what are you hoping to see included?

Things I'd like to see:
  1. Swimmable oceans and assorted water activities (snorkeling, water games, surfing maybe)
  2. Sun loungers and the ability to tan in them or on a beach towel (I'd also love if they could nap on the beach towel)
  3. Seashell collection
  4. New harvestables and recipes (Pineapple, mango, coconuts)
  5. More stuff for pools (floaties, diving board, water games)
  6. A nice assortment of hot weather and swimsuit CAS assets for all ages
  7. Hotels would be fun but I can see them saving this for a game pack
  8. I'd love for there to be an underwater lot you could explore by scuba diving
  9. Mermaids in said underwater lot
  10. Island culture and hula dance (Maybe as a new location aspiration)
  11. New traits (Chill, Water Lover) and aspirations (Island Culture, Beach Bum)
  12. An old fortress turned into a tourist site with food and souvenir stands
  13. A lone island with a single lot so that you can have a private island home
  14. A waterfall you can woohoo behind (like the lighthouse in Cats&Dogs)
  15. A lagoon that glows at night
  16. A natural looking hotspring hottub
  17. Hammocks
  18. Shuffleboard

Also, they always tend to mix it up so as not to be an exact repeat of past packs. So I'm half expecting a unique twist to the tropical theme. Could be they center it around romance or something nobody's expecting. Any thoughts?

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    So if EP 7 does turn out to have a tropical island theme, what are you hoping to see included?

Things I'd like to see:
    1. Swimmable oceans and assorted water activities (snorkeling, water games, surfing maybe)
    2. Sun loungers and the ability to tan in them or on a beach towel (I'd also love if they could nap on the beach towel)
    3. Seashell collection
    4. New harvestables and recipes (Pineapple, mango, coconuts)
    5. More stuff for pools (floaties, diving board, water games)
    6. A nice assortment of hot weather and swimsuit CAS assets for all ages
    7. Hotels would be fun but I can see them saving this for a game pack
    8. I'd love for there to be an underwater lot you could explore by scuba diving
    9. Mermaids in said underwater lot
    10. Island culture and hula dance (Maybe as a new location aspiration)
    11. New traits (Chill, Water Lover) and aspirations (Island Culture, Beach Bum)
    12. An old fortress turned into a tourist site with food and souvenir stands
    13. A lone island with a single lot so that you can have a private island home
    14. A waterfall you can woohoo behind (like the lighthouse in Cats&Dogs)
    15. A lagoon that glows at night
    16. A natural looking hotspring hottub
    17. Hammocks
    18. Shuffleboard

Also, they always tend to mix it up so as not to be an exact repeat of past packs. So I'm half expecting a unique twist to the tropical theme. Could be they center it around romance or something nobody's expecting. Any thoughts?

Prehaps they ll add a ferris wheel,carousel and boardwalk. A mini Amusement Park.
  • HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    Personally I'd rather hope that the rumour is false. This is not because I would not want a tropical themed pack, especially with what you have described, but because I would much rather have a university based pack at this point.
    HSau :)
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Houseboats are my favorite thing from TS3: Island Paradise. I’d be disappointed if they don’t make a return in TS4.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    HCSau wrote: »
    Personally I'd rather hope that the rumour is false. This is not because I would not want a tropical themed pack, especially with what you have described, but because I would much rather have a university based pack at this point.
    I want another vacation spot if that is what its going to be. I am sick of Granite Falls and Selvadorada already even though my sims never go on vacation. I mean Granite Falls is ok because its family oriented. Selvadorada doesn't seem like a place to have kids with you.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    @pepperjax1230 New holiday locations are always appreciated even though my sims rarely take them either. On those rare occasions, I tend to take families to Granite Falls and singles/couples to Selvadorado.
    HSau :)
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Houseboats are my favorite thing from TS3: Island Paradise. I’d be disappointed if they don’t make a return in TS4.

Houseboats could be fun, but I'm not sure how they would implement them in a non-open world setting. I suppose they could give you a base to build on and it would just permanently be parked by the dock.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

Houseboats could be fun, but I'm not sure how they would implement them in a non-open world setting. I suppose they could give you a base to build on and it would just permanently be parked by the dock.

With the closed worlds and no form of transportation at all, I don't see house boats, at least, not ones that move. They could give us lots that are a pier with a base boat foundation attached. I'd rather have those hoses on those docks that we got with Lucky Palms. I liked the modern style of those houses.

33994453048_460580d8a6_b.jpg
  • RedSunBluesRedSunBlues Posts: 143 Member
    Id want a tiny deserted island lot for a castaway type challenge. Also i would like having a lake sims could boat and swim in and the ability to fish from a boat.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I mainly just want the ability to stay in hotels. I'd really like to have different types of hotels (family friendly, romantic getaway, pet friendly if you own C&D, etc).
    I also want kids and toddlers to have the ability to play in the sand and build sandcastles.
    Swimming in the ocean would be nice. I'd like toddlers to be able to play near the edge of the water.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited May 2019
    I'ld go with all of that specially the ability to swim and a lot of other activities.
    I wouldn't care for mermaids or shuffleboards, but wouldn't mind if they come with the supposed pack.
    Anyway I really thought that an education pack is what we would have at this time. I can feel the appeal of this one but kind of feel a little frustrated...
  • SimsStarfishSimsStarfish Posts: 147 Member
    I'd like to see them incorporate some seasons things like getting sun burnt or getting a nice tan.
    Tanning machines.
    New traits: Likes sunshine, Hates sunshine, likes water, hydrophobia
    New harvestables
    Honeymoons
    All the little additions that make the game special!
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited May 2019
    I think it'd be cool if for the first time it's both a Vacation world AND a residential world.

We need more pool items like the Pool Bar and Waterfall from island paradise, as well as water slides and diving boards.

I'm sure @catloverplayer would agree on more pool objects LOL.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Also, they know we want mermaids. It was the second most requested occult in their poll besides witches. (I was surprised honestly, I thought it'd be Werewolves).

This is the perfect time to add mermaids, but they like to leave occults out of expansions lately.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Also, they know we want mermaids. It was the second most requested occult in their poll besides witches. (I was surprised honestly, I thought it'd be Werewolves).

This is the perfect time to add mermaids, but they like to leave occults out of expansions lately.

I dunno. I think they can make an exception for this one. Mermaids don't exactly have as much depth as vampires or witches IMO, so I think they can implement a version that's not as fleshed out. Maybe they just have a small power tree for good mermaids and evil sirens.

Plus, thematically it makes a lot of sense for mermaids to be in a beach pack. Mermaids as a standalone GP doesn't make sense and isn't justified unlike vampires, and people might even think they're chopping content into pieces (which is kind of true, but this one would be very blatant).
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I think it'd be cool if for the first time it's both a Vacation world AND a residential world.

We need more pool items like the Pool Bar and Waterfall from island paradise, as well as water slides and diving boards.

People have been asking for a duel world for living and vacationing since OR dropped. They said then that the two world set ups are different (that's why vacation worlds are listed on their own page, not in residential worlds). Maybe if we get hotels we can "vacation" anywhere.

Merfolk could be fleshed out a lot more than they were in S3. I'd love to have a duel sim, one normal human look and one merfolk look. I think merfolk might have simple mental powers to "convince" sims to do things for them or fall in love with them, but nothing too spectacular. Just the changing to a tail would be cool enough.

I don't know why players think that merfolk live underwater. They don't. They live on land in a cave or hut or possibly right next door to our sims, trying to hide in plain sight.
  • SimsWichtesSimsWichtes Posts: 127 Member
    edited May 2019
    I would love to have:

-Having your own hotel/ the ability to stay in a hotel
    -More water activities
    -Tanning/sunburn (strongly dont expect it to happen tho)
    -New recepies and harvestables
    -New radio stations
    - A world with more activities. Beach bars, Beach parties, Activity park (rolercoasters, carusel, cotton candy) something in that direction. In gereral, something to do in our tropical paradise for our sims to relax, or have fun. Maybe even new sport activity like volleyball
    -new dances moves
    -lots of funiture and clothes
    -Aspiration where you had to get your hotel to 5 stars.
    -Secret romantical area where you can date your spouse.

I dont need/expect:

-Swimable oceans.
    dunno, dont think developers are capable of that. And also even IF we get swimable oceans I want more to it. Just swim in open waters isnt enough for me since we can also swim in pools. its too similar and it would be boring quick. I would need diving, jetzkis, surfing, sailing, etc. There shall be more to it if they add it.

-House boats/ You own Ship/Cruises
    I would love to have them, especially decorating, making your own cruise ship but I doubt it since I dont think we have swimable oceans. Also house boats would be kinda meh because we dont have open worlds. They would just swim around a bit and then come back to the habour. I dont think its impossible to make those things enjoable in sims 4 but I dont think I trust the developers enough to execute this idea and make the most out of it. I dont expect it. But if I hope its not lame.

-Mermaids,
    I love supernaturals I just dont know how much deepth you can give mermaids. I can live without them. If they come Im happy for others and I will try them out but since I dont expect swimable oceans, I dont feel the need to watch my sim swiming in a pool. I would really need the ocean atmosphere. Also I would like to rather have less supernatural, not only because few people dont want them and prefer realistic life, but also because the less supernatural there is, the more special are the supernatural that are there. And if they add fantasy stuff I dont want them half baked, I want them dedicated and fully fleshed out; directly made for supernatural lovers. Those who dont like them dont have to buy it then.
    But maybe they suprise me and we get some underwater lot with good merfolk which I can enjoy. As I said I dont need them but I would take em.
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    I want swimmable oceans, but if they do that, I want it instituted in the other beach areas as well, that we already had in the other worlds. (maybe in a patch before the pack comes out, if they want to be really nice)
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member

-Swimable oceans.
    dunno, dont think developers are capable of that. And also even IF we get swimable oceans I want more to it. Just swim in open waters isnt enough for me since we can also swim in pools. its too similar and it would be boring quick. I would need diving, jetzkis, surfing, sailing, etc. There shall be more to it if they add it.

I'd probably agree with you on this if it turns out to be a GP. But since they may possibly be releasing this as an EP I believe there is now a higher chance of it happening. I believe they've never said ocean swimming was impossible, only that retroactively making current world oceans swimmable was too hard. If they design a new world around swimmable oceans, I think they could do it.

I made a poll awhile back based on features people wanted in a tropical island pack, and ocean swimming won by a landslide. If it's not included I think people are going to revolt :D

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

Yes.
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    Yes, new world and vacation world please!!! (not holding my hopes up).
    Really, all I care about is getting new things to do in Summer for my Sims - more pool stuff, ocean swimming. Water park would be awesome but not holding my breath for that one either.
  • jacechujacechu Posts: 87 Member
    IF it's tropical, I hope this pack has both the option to own and potentially even rent out a second home. I'd also like to see hotels with the option to both own and be a guest in. Since it's an expansion pack, it'd probably mean hotels and second homes can be purchased in any world. Imagine the storylines! It'd be funny if you could rent out a second house and you find out your tenants wrecked the place, or maybe even made it better! Could they possibly even make it so you could rent out a room in your own home? We already have the Rooms Tool and Door Locking features. Surely "Set This Room For Rent" using a combo of those two features and then receiving texts or phone calls from people interested wouldn't be all that difficult?
    Sims YouTube
    Twitter
    Gallery ID: jacechu06
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member

Yeah I love houseboats and all the tropical things.
  • mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    The ability to make livable light houses would be nice, I'm talking about with the long awaited spiral staircases..
    I'd also like to have more collectables i.e. fish, shells, insects, plants, fruits, vegetables.
    Scuba diving for collectables would be brilliant as I loved that in the Sims 3 game.
    Different boats that are usable to go scuba diving and the life guard career with appropriate traits would be good too. A hotel business would be lovely.
    For the beach I would like to see air beds (lilos), beach towels, wind breakers and beach furniture.
    Activity wise I would like to see perhaps beach volley ball, frisby throwing for humans and dogs, beach bars, beach balls to kick around, ice cream and refreshment stalls, the ability to make sand castles or sand people, searching for fish and shells on the rocks as well as the sand.
    For the tropical houses and homes or waterparks I would like to see water slides, sunbathing beds, balls to play with in the pool, air beds to use in the water.
    I would like bigger plots to build on and the ability to make a real tropical island haven with hidden caves and a lagoon. Also the ability to make cave houses on the beach would be nice.
    The weather could create super hot temperatures which mean the sims need water more and to keep cool and also reflect the weather by using the sea to have bigger waves that can cause a bit of catastrophy and damage meaning our sims have more repairs can into life threatening trouble with tsunamis.. That could the element of danger to the game, perhaps...
    We could have sun cream to stop our sims getting sunburnt!!! Just a thought..
    I hope the EA and gurus take our ideas onboard and try to use some of them, it would be nice..
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    an entire hotel system should be included in this tbh, not a gamepack. people would be pretty mad if they split it off and separated it. a hotel system and a mini-world for mermaids with all the extra cas and build/buy would cover the cost of an expansion tbh
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I really hope & think we'll know about it the next week.
    Lu4ERme.gif