Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get To Work: what is that one thing that you love on this EP?

Comments

• divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    I really like the retail, careers and aliens, though I wish the aliens could do more and I wish Sixam was a liveable world for them.
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    Sixam is a beautiful planet, and I love the build mode items. I like the careers.
    4kkjdXo.png

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Disguised Aliens. I have lots of Alien gameplay because of that feature.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    I absolutely LOVE the Scientist and Detective (after they fixed some bugs!) careers. Doctor is allright too, but can be annoying with your collegues being in the way and such. Also can be difficult to find the right diagnosis, because they show no idle signs.

Not gotten too much into the Alien thing yet. Though I've had a couple of human(vampire)/alien births, but not played them much yet.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Typical me... I forgot that the Cameras and Photo Studio came with this pack. I obviously love filling my sims' walls with photos of my sims, so that might be my favorite feature.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • HeroicsHeroics Posts: 10 New Member
    SimRay
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    edited May 2019
    Careers, especially science & aliens. I have to admit it took a while for aliens to grow on me, but after a couple of abductions produced some adorable children, I was sold. I do wish our sims could go to the hospital for more than just work or having a baby, get some illnesses treated or get vaccinated. I also kind of wish our own sims could get arrested & thrown in the clink once in a while.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    ldmarko wrote: »
    Careers, especially science & aliens. I have to admit it took a while for aliens to grow on me, but after a couple of abductions produced some adorable children, I was sold. I do wish our sims could go to the hospital for more than just work or having a baby, get some illnesses treated or get vaccinated. I also kind of wish our own sims could get arrested & thrown in the clink once in a while.

me to that would be great
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Lmao that's hilarious.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Photography is the only feature I use from this expansion still very basic and that was patched in later so there is nothing I love about this pack they destroyed retail and I could care less about active careers or aliens.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Apart from its many faults, GTW does have its redeeming qualities. What I like personally are the Aliens; although they're not as well built up as an occult should and needs a serious overhaul akin to Vampires, I enjoy playing with the aspects they do have and the alien concept as a whole. Pair them up with the Scientist career (which is by far the best of the three active careers imo), and you have access to all these new scientific gadgets that you, the scientist, get to create~!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    GTW is actually my personal favorite pack of the eps - thanks for the addition of the alien Sims for one - but mostly because of the 3 Hands on careers and going to work with my Sims.

It is absolutely fun for the way I like to play.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    I love anything occult, so Aliens are a big plus for me, but I also like a lot of the BB items and the opportunity to create objects in the Science career that can do some pretty wacky things.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Business!

I fell in love with running a business back in Sims 2. The closest thing I found in Sims 3 was some retail stuff that came with Midnight Hollow, but I made use of that, too.

In Sims 4, I could take or leave most of the active careers. I could take or leave Aliens; my occult tastes lean further toward fantasy than sci-fi. Though nothing will ever replace Open for Business, I can at least tinker with my retail dreams.

I do like a lot of the objects, too. I know I just said I prefer fantasy to sci-fi, but I also like modern design, and a lot of the functional-looking pieces can be stylish when they're used right. And sci-fi is cool. Fantasy is prettier, but sci-fi is still cool. Fight me. But not really.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • AceOfKnavesAceOfKnaves Posts: 173 Member
    Aliens and the Freeze Ray. Unpopular opinion, but I remember thinking that the game needed these two more than toddlers. Other than that, I've grown to like running businesses and finally being able to create a little computer repair shop... When they work.... without mods....

Who am I kidding, I just like owning a mall and watching chaos unfold.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2019
    Even thought retail isn't as awesome and detailed as in Open For Business, it's one of my favourite aspects of the game still.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    I've always loved the detective career, even though it's been buggy (and still is, with all the npcs walking around with the most weird clothing choices you could possibly imagine...) - it has great potential and, IMHO, should be expanded.
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • cat_momcat_mom Posts: 36 Member
    definitely the scientist career. lots of fun, ive played it several times. owning a restaurant is also fun to play. do not like retail, far to labor intensive, i.e. having to chat up prospective shoppers for very little financial return.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Hard to choose one. I really love this ep.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Science career is my favorite.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    Being able to follow my Sim to work and help them do their job. I (as a player) got pretty darn good at diagnosis after a time … My favorite career, though is the Detective career. Solving mysteries is fun.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I love a lot of things about it.
    The three careers
    Retail
    Bakery and skills
    Aliens

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

edited May 2019
    Heroics wrote: »
    SimRay

I wish we could use fire from it to :(

Using the deadly toddlers and extreme violence mods

So so good both mods. Simply got nothing on those mods

Even better than the voodoo doll to

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I like the scientist field and could have liked the doctor but it is too repetitive and goal driven and that is for the whole pack.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    I like the scientist field and could have liked the doctor but it is too repetitive and goal driven and that is for the whole pack.

If your not a fan of active open careers and retail. I can understand

For me it added so much more than get famous.