Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

depending on the info on sims5 will you buy it on day one or wait to see more info?

Comments

• Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    I would wait before I preorder anything ever again from EA. I love Sims 4 now, but boy was it missing content when it was first released. I'm not putting myself through that again.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    other
    Maybe, if the basegame is not barebone, would want to see others reviewing the game first though.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    yes as long as the concerns for the sims 4 launch has the team learning from their mistakes and they include everything that was supposed to be in the game from the start
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    yes
    I would love to say I would wait and see what it was like before buying it, but I probably would not be able to wait very long to get it...... lol. I bought a new gaming laptop last year to be able to complete the sims 4. I’m getting old, and have fun playing the sims. The only thing that might stop me from buying it Right away are not having real babies, toddlers or the other life stages we currently have. It would be quite cool if they added more life stages to the game in the beginning. I don’t use CC or mods, so if they don’t come out with packs often for the game, I will probably divide my game time between the sims 4 and the sims 5. I still have a lot to explore in 4.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    no
    I'm going to wait this time. I bought 2, 3 and 4 immediately, but I don't know if I can go back to not having weather, pets, the scraps of occults we have...
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    no
    I basically refuse to buy TS5 if I feel that TS4 is left incomplete. I'm not interested in buying it anyway, unless it's literally stellar in every single way, but if EA crushes my trust and wastes my money by not fleshing out TS4 to its full potential, no plummin' thanks.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    no
    No, I won't buy it in day one as I did with sims 1,2 and 3. I bought sims 4 because they told us it would have very in deph sims, with all the emotions and so on. Turns out that the emotions made somehow the sims less in depth than in the past. So, I'll wait for a lot of reviews about that before i buy. But what I really wish is a total revamp of the personalities on sims 4. Me and so many people has invested so much in the game, that o hope it's possible to fix the sims itselfs.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,187 Member
    I will wait until I see reviews.
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    I wait for reviews, as well as lower prices. I waited with 4 and I'm glad I did. I didn't buy it for the first year because so much was missing. When it was eventually gifted to me I at least had pools and ghosts in my game, and toddlers were patched in several months later. My trust is broken because of 4 and I would have to see extensive gameplay before getting 5, even though I want a new iteration very badly.
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    other
    I don't buy new sims games until at least 2 new packs have been added. I hate waiting for expansions.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    its to early to say when I learn about I'll see
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    no
    I basically refuse to buy TS5 if I feel that TS4 is left incomplete. I'm not interested in buying it anyway, unless it's literally stellar in every single way, but if EA crushes my trust and wastes my money by not fleshing out TS4 to its full potential, no plummin' thanks.

Exactly this. I waited until December 2018 to buy the Sims 4 because I refused to even look at it until things that I found essential were added in, like toddlers. And even when that was added I still hesitated, because it looked... lifeless, for lack of a better word.

Honestly, I doubt I'll ever bother to "update" again if the Sims 4 isn't properly fleshed out by the end.
  • Sky97Sky97 Posts: 19 Member
    yes
    I'm way too addicted to this game not to play when a new edition comes out.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    The question and the answers don't make much sense but...

Pre-ordering an EA game? Never again! But I will buy TS5 if it looks and feels like an improvement over past entries and has well implemented features. I might not get it day one and I will certainly seek to have all the info I need before deciding on buying it and committing. If they take too many shortcuts like they did with TS4 I won't buy it for sure that or if it's online.

Regarding TS3, that's never happening. We aren't getting a launcher back, ever, it's just not how games work nowadays especially with Origin. But the launcher is connected to Origin, you still need to log-in.

Crusader Kings 2 uses a launcher were you can lock/unlock which packs you want to play, i would like to see that in Sims 5.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    If it looks anything better than The Sims 4 and the early impression videos have good remarks, definitely. I'm more than ready for The Sims 5.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    no
    Karon wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    The question and the answers don't make much sense but...

Pre-ordering an EA game? Never again! But I will buy TS5 if it looks and feels like an improvement over past entries and has well implemented features. I might not get it day one and I will certainly seek to have all the info I need before deciding on buying it and committing. If they take too many shortcuts like they did with TS4 I won't buy it for sure that or if it's online.

Regarding TS3, that's never happening. We aren't getting a launcher back, ever, it's just not how games work nowadays especially with Origin. But the launcher is connected to Origin, you still need to log-in.

Crusader Kings 2 uses a launcher were you can lock/unlock which packs you want to play, i would like to see that in Sims 5.

I'd at least like to see in Sims 5 the ability to disable features. For example, I love how they did vampires this time around but I don't necessarily want to have vampires in every save. My more "realistic" saves I might not want vampires or aliens, or other supernaturals as they come along, but I'd still like to have the CAS and build/buy assets (I use the wall holes/cracks from Vampires a lot for making more rundown looking houses) available so I wouldn't want to disable an entire pack. We did get that in The Sims 3 sometime around Supernatural and I loved the option.

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    yes
    I consider myself a pretty loyal The Sims fan at this point. In saying that, so long as the info on the game seems intriguing enough and what’s provided is a fully-fleshed out base, then yes, I would probably buy it upon release.

I don’t regret buying TS4 on release day, but that was $69.99 down the drain for a half-finished “deluxe” base-game. I wouldn’t do that again if TS5 were the same.

Also, hard pass on TS3’s launcher system. That launcher was an absolute nightmare for me. I’m fine with having Origin and Origin only. I don’t really want all kinds of separate programs to run games.
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    If there is a competitor for The Sims - maybe since that will boost their creativity which is easy for them to lack content due to no competitor
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    no
    It is pretty safe to say that I will not buy it day one. The EA trend of micro transactions and every game needs an online element leads me to believe the game will be flawed from the beginning again. Even if the base game has ground breaking features, I will wait a few months and see if things shift for people after the newness wears off.
  • Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    other
    I don't get why everyone's so obsessed about Sims 5 already when we know that there's still at least 2 years of packs coming for Sims 4 (it's what they said, right?).

But no, after the horrible Sims 4 release, I won't buy a game without looking at content and reviews first.
  • AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    no
    There is no way I would buy the Sims 5 on release. That's not anything new for me though. I don't particularly enjoy the games without expansions. I got 2 at release (or close to it) but 3 and 4 both took me a while to buy. Anyways Sims 4 will be at it's most complete state (whatever that entails) and I think will keep me happy until Sims 5 has more meat to it.

Plus the Sims 4 launch wasn't.... inspired.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I saw something weird in a trailer that probably isn’t accurate at all, but in the off-chance that it was a real leak, I would give sims 5 some serious side-eye. What I saw was a figure that looked more like a superhero posing like a ninja and fighting a large beast of some sorts. Yeah, I am SO not into fighting games so this would not work for me. I’m sure that was just a fake speculation video, though. Nobody really knows how it will be. Right?

I figured out with the Sims 4 that this game feels too empty without seasons. So I would wait for that expansion. And I swear, I almost quit this game completely because it took FOREVER to come out in TS4. So if they wait that long again I guess I just won’t be drawn to it.

Multiplayer does not interest me at all. It’s my world, I don’t care what other people want to do with theirs.
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    edited September 2019
    Unless it's multi-player or first person/VR, I will probably buy it on day one or pre-order. If I hate it, the money spent on it isn't a big deal for me. I just won't buy any packs for it and cut my losses. It's not like I haven't pre-ordered games I ended up hating before.

The Sims 3 Launcher was slow and glitchy (since it was run through IE). I hope it never makes a return.

edit;; I also don't want to have to wait for three things to load (Origin, the launcher, then the game itself) just so I can get started. There should be an easy way for Origin to allow people to only download/enable the content they want (maybe by right-clicking and disabling add-ons individually in Origin or something?), but I hope it's not done by adding the launcher back to the game.
    Post edited by thatsnotsweg on
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited May 2019
    and would you went the sims5 to go back to the old launcher system(sims3 way where game is not connected to origin
    It Depends

There was a time, right up to TS3 that I would buy the packs without even reading reviews and I had never been disappointed. But fortunately for me, I DID read the reviews about TS4 before even buying the base game. I was truly broken hearted when I found out it was closed world. Furthermore, my trust in EA slowly got chipped away with each crappy pack that came out. There is always such a big hoo-ha about each new pack coming out, and it looks like people are just so excited about that, but then when the packs do come out, it's really far less than anyone's hyped up expectations ever are.

And then we're told to get used to this. To pay more for far less quality and quantity. That there is something wrong with us if we just want the same quality and quantity we normally received as from previous iterations. We're also told to have lower expectations of TS5.

So if that's the case, I'm probably not going to buy it right away unless the reviews by people I trust (who aren't bought by EA, therefore NO GAME CHANGERS) give the game glowing reviews. I'm really hoping and praying that Paradox Tectonic gives them a run for their money. I'm so ready to jump ship if TS5 is another crappy cash-grabbing iteration.

My Actual Vote: Yes to the TS3-like Launcher

Yeah, a launcher would be good. I like being able to add only the packs I want for any given savegame/story/challenge.

Post edited by ClarionOfJoy on
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    and would you went the sims5 to go back to the old launcher system(sims3 way where game is not connected to origin
    Yeah I'm surely gonna buy TS5 perhaps pre-order it, doesn't matter if it's gonna be fantastic or not now...

The things is quite a number of EA games looked very promising, and fancy at their alpha and/or beta stages but when they actually come out they are still "beta"(I thought the late Anthem is a good example. I had much expetation for it after the closed alpha and it's a mess after release)
    But come to think of it, that's mostly what's with every game nowadays.

That's simply not true and trying to get us to accept lower standards is despicable. Maybe the shoddy quality is the norm now for EA, but not other games published elsewhere. No wonder it's valuation is going down. If other games by other publishers are of better quality, why should we lower our standards for EA?

It's not like I hate EA just for the heck of it. I've given them a TON of my money with TS1, TS2 and TS3 which I mostly bought full price and felt no pain. They just need to stop with the low standards in the name of quick money (screwing loyal customers) and raise the quality and quantity up to the level of the better game publishers. Until that happens, I'm not giving them any more of my money especially full price.