Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

>>> Did you know you could be missing EP/store content stencils? <<<

12345679...Next

Comments

• SjappielovePaulSjappielovePaul Posts: 4,794 Member
    I did manage to find most items I missed, I think lol. I missed a few sets from a compilation. And one item, probably from Asian Fusion, has just gone missing from the store. I looked everywhere but I can't find it. So to make sure that everything is as it should be now I will use my old game sometime soon and cross-reverence it. See if I have items that I missed the first time around and see if there are items in my old game that I don't have in my new game. The advantage of having the game installed on two laptops I guess ;)

I put myself to work and stripped the lot in one evening lol. I just can't live without a lot of those items! I figured the task wouldn't get easier by putting it off, so I went and did it. That's how I usually roll xD it did lead to a full week before I had my game fully reinstalled the way I wanted it.
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Some links that helped me a lot:
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
  • Jude525Jude525 Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited May 2019
    Yeah, the amount of time needed to complete the whole process is so daunting. But, as I mentioned, there are many things that I can live without. At least, I will next time. After I get them broken down to separate lots.

But, first, I now need to go find the master lots again and install them. Apparently THEY have gone missing since my last install. Hmmmm, I should check my install discs first. I know I have a MISC disc that it might be on. I really do TRY to be organized! LOL

Hmmm, where is that binder full of Sims install discs?????

EDIT: Binder was actually where it belonged! But, alas, no MISC disc. Add that to my list of projects....
    aka Jude
    I own the store as of 1+7/17/17

My Studio

My build thread in the Creative Corner
    Good luck ;)

If you find the Modern Asian Screen in the process of looking for things please let me know, it's gone missing from the store ;)
    Don't forget to take care of yourself every now and then in this big chaotic world!
    pkJ66Kv.png
    Missing Store Stencils / Free Kiddy Stuff / Daily Deals / Daily Deals Spreadsheets / The Gifting Directory
    @SjappielovePaul I think your problem is that you have the name wrong. Going over Erin's Download checklist (@kellycot1's Simdex,) (link) there is no item by that name.

Looking at the missing stencils, my best guess is that you are looking for the door "Doorways to Happiness by Feng Shui." link

If not, I suggest you look over the Simdex for the name of what you are trying to find. Or, I have rearranged @ciane's stencil lot in a way that I find easier to use. It puts items in neat rows that are easy to see. I can share a pic of it and you can look it over for what you are missing. Then let me know where it is on the lot and I can identify it for you.

Let me know if I can help.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    @SjappielovePaul and @Jude525
    ciane did a lot called "Ode to Mr Hawk" she has a lot of the missing stencils and tells you how to get them into your game in the lot description. I have used it a bunch of time and it works every time. Hope this helps. Here is a link

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8836005
    @kgaff That is the lot I was referring to in my post. I have used it in the past, and I appreciate all the work she put into the design. But, the couple times I've used it I always get "lost" in the layout and later realize that I've overlooked something. So I've spent some time the past couple weeks, between actual game time, rearranging the items in a different layout for that inevitable "next time" I need it. Neat little rows, grouped by category; chairs, doors, windows, etc... That's what I was offering to @SjappielovePaul, since you can't actually just grab one cap of any angle of the previous lot and comprehensively include all the doors that are included.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• KgaffKgaff Posts: 1,614 Member
    @Jude525 Oh! I didn't catch that in your original post, sorry.

Anyway, when I use the Ode to Mr Hawk lot, I get the item I want saved and then delete it from the lot. I keep doing that until I have all of them. Once they are in your game they stay in the game, at least so far for me :)

I really like the idea that you did by category, that would really make it easy to catch all of them. I'd like to see a picture of it if you have one.
    edited May 2019
    Kgaff wrote: »
    @Jude525 Oh! I didn't catch that in your original post, sorry.

Anyway, when I use the Ode to Mr Hawk lot, I get the item I want saved and then delete it from the lot. I keep doing that until I have all of them. Once they are in your game they stay in the game, at least so far for me :)

I really like the idea that you did by category, that would really make it easy to catch all of them. I'd like to see a picture of it if you have one.

I did the same thing, that is exactly how I found out that I missed a couple of items while downloading the store. There were base game items that replaced the items I missed when downloading the store ;)

ETA: I finished all sorts of checking I could do, and I'm only missing two items now from Mystery Bags. Still trying to find these items, they were in my previous game but they are not in my purchase history...
    Post edited by SjappielovePaul on
    pkJ66Kv.png
    @kgaff, Yes, I have used the "replace and delete" method as well. The problem comes when I need to do a clean install. All those saved "custom" stencils (as the game sees them) are then gone and need to be processed again. Then I need to look into corners and walls and check ceilings before deleting them or else the fixtures go with them. And some usually do.

For my lot I've used MOO to leave everything in the open and clear view against a plain background. I will post a pic as soon as I have the loose ends fixed. I have been busy in OL for days, and exploring Creativerse a few nights, so have a bit that I haven't gotten to yet.
    aka Jude

My Studio

• StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    Just wanted to give this a bump and thank @ciane again for making the lot with everything! Had to do a clean reinstall and am so glad I had it! <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top