March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Possible Leak - Next Expansion Tropical Paradise.

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I went back today and played S3 Ilsa Paradiso. I wanted to create a merman but you can't create merfolk in CAS. I hope that changes this go round. And I hated that their legs were multi colored scales. I want my merfolk to look like really hot normal sims that have an effect on sims around then that those sims don't understand. They just become naturally attracted to them, like an emotional siren's call. They don't know why they are attracted, but they are.

I'd like a double version like vampires have that allows both versions to be edited. Some may have tails, some may not. I'd like top have scary looking merfolk like vampires with greenish skin. I want to be able to create evil looking merfolk or pretty merfolk, just like we can with vampires.

I'd also like them to have clothes that have a slight pirate look as they probably robbed pirate ships that they "called" to come too close to the rocks. With a shipwreck in mind, I'd also like a few build/buy pieces that look as if they were taken from a sunken ship and are used by the merfolk in their huts on a hidden private beach that only they know about. They can bring a sim they love to the mernaid shores and, if needed, cause them to forget where it located.

My merman in S3 had to swim everywhere, so I sat just watching him swim and swim and swim and....well, you get the idea.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    @Simpkin I agree. If the leak proves to be correct, I think the next expansion will be the University EP and will be released in November in time for the holiday sales push.
    @Paigeisin5
    but there was supposed to 1 ep, 1 gp and 1 sp for the year. I guess we have to wait and see. I was hoping they'd announce something today.

An EP in June, 1 game pack and 1 stuff pack then another EP in November. We were told in April to expect one of each in six months.The tropical EP in June and the University EP in November in time for the holiday sales.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    @Simpkin I agree. If the leak proves to be correct, I think the next expansion will be the University EP and will be released in November in time for the holiday sales push.
    @Paigeisin5
    but there was supposed to 1 ep, 1 gp and 1 sp for the year. I guess we have to wait and see. I was hoping they'd announce something today.

Not for the year. For the next 6 months (starting in April.)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    suzyl3 wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Is it wrong to hope Tropical Paradise comes with parrot pets in it? :p
    I'd love this. And maybe hermit crabs, starfish and seahorses, too.

And more fish tanks! Preferably salt water ones to match the fish of an island world.

This.

I still want that dive tank we had in S1. I loved that thing. It was like a human aquarium. To do it differently this time around, they could make it a pool that could be added to a community lot where sims could learn to dive.

Yes I want that as well.
    i hope its also the next ep my sims need a family vacation and this would be perfect :smile:

I think this is a given.
    SimsBro wrote: »
    If the Pack at least is real, even if the content list isn't, I'll be extremely disappointed if it doesn't include mermaids.
    Helll, we only even had a single mention of mermaids on the first page so it kinda makes me wonder if it's just something a few simmers like myself want.
    Mermaids is something I want as well.
    Its rumor, yes, but it wouldnt be the first time images of unreleased packs on foreign sites got leaked and then a EP released several months after.

Its a bit strange they arent doing University before doing this, thats if its true. But I have been wanting a tropical world, NOT as a vacation destination, but as someplace sims live .

This time it's different though. Expansion Packs get announced shortly before they come out. We have the game changers attending EAPlay June 8th. I think the trailer and announcement is imminent and will happen next week.
    This kind of leak is exactly what I have been waiting to see. A leak of some kind seems to drop just before EA makes an official announcement. This does not surprise me one little bit. The same thing happened last year before EA made an 'early' announcement about Seasons a couple weeks before EA Play. And I think that leak came from a European gamesite as well. This is a common occurance whenever we get close to EA releasing a new pack of any kind. A couple of those leaks were wrong, I might add. But the others were not. The fact there is a placeholder for the new pack on a site that sells games, is very interesting. The information InstantGaming released was basically a copy/paste of a post from a discussion here in the forums, so I am less inclined to believe they have given us a scoop. However, Gamesync has the better reputation for reporting correct news on upcoming titles. Since both sites are based in Europe, they are not held to the same laws and restrictions on releasing information about future game releases as sites here in the US are, so that is why we see these supposed 'leaks'. In reality, the sites are simply updating, getting ready for EA to announce their upcoming pack so these sites can begin the process of taking pre-orders.

But, holy heck, I am having a hard time keeping my excitement in check until we get the official EA nod. I have no doubt there is a teaser trailer sitting in a locked drawer somewhere just waiting to be released for us to view and dissect for info. And the waiting continues.

There may be more leaks before it's over.
    JC1979 wrote: »
    Hmm @TheMagnolia maybe, but I would think we would get some clue by now what would be coming out since it is mid May and the latest expansion should be out by mid June. @babajayne I hope it’s true too, although it seems like most are waiting for a university pack which would be equally awesome, but if it is a tropical paradise pack I’m not complaining.

It’s not true, they lifted the entire description from a speculation thread.

True but there is another retail listing. That can't be ignored.
    EgonVM wrote: »
    I don't know. Even though it's listed as an expansion pack, I've got a feeling that it's actually a game pack.

EA Gamechangers don't get called up for Gamepacks or Stuffpacks. They only get called up for Expansions.
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    If this is true, colour me excited! A beach vacation world has been on my wishlist for ages. I like the new dance style and the traits which suggest we will be able to swim in the sea - fingers crossed! I would like more beach related activities too e.g. diving, sunbathing, sandcastles etc. I was also hoping for boats and hotels, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

The description is just a placeholder until the official announcement comes. I wouldn't look at that since it's fanmade and from one of the discussions from the Sims Forum. I hope there's more beach activities too and more things that we could've never guessed!
  • GviperGviper Posts: 45 Member
    I'd expect that the next pack will be announced on or around EA Play.
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    I’m feeling a bit whiny here, but I don’t want a destination holiday thing in an expansion, that’s what game packs are for!
    And most of all, I want University! Not a beach, not tropics, I want my sims to be able to develop themselves more :(
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    @IceyJ @Paigeisin5
    yes, for this year, I meant. I don't think we'll get a pack after those three, this year again. Not that I'd mind :)
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • TheMagnoliaTheMagnolia Posts: 174 Member
    JC1979 wrote: »
    Hmm @TheMagnolia maybe, but I would think we would get some clue by now what would be coming out since it is mid May and the latest expansion should be out by mid June. @babajayne I hope it’s true too, although it seems like most are waiting for a university pack which would be equally awesome, but if it is a tropical paradise pack I’m not complaining.

It’s not true, they lifted the entire description from a speculation thread.

True but there is another retail listing. That can't be ignored.
    Where
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I just assumed the next would be school related because the last community contest/poll I saw posted, school won. Island life would certainly be cool and it'll be interesting to see if it turns out more playable than IP was for Sims 3. That crazy Expansion still runs like a rock on my new pc. :(
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
    These features are just from another convo on the Sims Forums, but the leak is real. My theory is that the cover art and description are PLACEHOLDERS until the official announcement and then they'll change them to the real ones.

Exactly. They probably googled Sims 4 Tropical Paradise and found the post on the forums and thought it was official information, since nothing in the post said that it was his own ideas.

Yeah, except it's not the first time instant-gaming has done this. I believe they knew what they were doing.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2019
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    I just assumed the next would be school related because the last community contest/poll I saw posted, school won. Island life would certainly be cool and it'll be interesting to see if it turns out more playable than IP was for Sims 3. That crazy Expansion still runs like a rock on my new pc. :(

In TS3 you aren't limited to the world to play the content of EP's. I used to play with the features of Island Paradise in other worlds it's even possible to make underwater lots although you have to spend your time to make them.

But there are fixes for the world to work completely without lag and errors.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I really hope it is true. As much as I want University I also want a true Vacations pack. Hotels. Swimable bodies of water. Sunburn. Montazima's Revenge (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CnBFMHGRGg[url="http://"][/url]). Just to name a few. I want my sims to be able to chill out pool side drinking fruity umbrella drinks. Or plan the best active vacation with site seeing, cave diving, seashell collecting, helicopter rides.

Sim children able to go off and explore and leave their parents alone. Elders able to take a relaxing Senior Cruise. I know I'm getting ahead of myself. But I can dream, can't I? lol

As the saying goes, Maxis could "put their foot in it" and make a Vacations EP that would put the older ones to shame.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    These features are just from another convo on the Sims Forums, but the leak is real. My theory is that the cover art and description are PLACEHOLDERS until the official announcement and then they'll change them to the real ones.

Exactly. They probably googled Sims 4 Tropical Paradise and found the post on the forums and thought it was official information, since nothing in the post said that it was his own ideas.

Yeah, except it's not the first time instant-gaming has done this. I believe they knew what they were doing.

Wait, did they do this with Cats and Dogs and City Living?
  • LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 872 Member
    Personally, and I'm usually wrong, but I think we'll get a game pack first and that it will be like Jungle Adventure...a destination vacation game pack...which I'm cool with. As long as we get swimable oceans, the ability to get sunburned/tanned. I don't think that's a lot to ask for. ESPECIALLY the swimable oceans.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
    @Paigeisin5

Not for the year. For the next 6 months (starting in April.)

Yeah but that leads to September which is closer to the end of the year. Personally, and again I'm never right, I think it'll be a Game Pack coming June or July, the Stuff Pack in September, and the Expansion in November...for the holidays. And that will be University.
    EgonVM wrote: »
    I don't know. Even though it's listed as an expansion pack, I've got a feeling that it's actually a game pack.

EA Gamechangers don't get called up for Gamepacks or Stuffpacks. They only get called up for Expansions.

That's true but there's always a first time for everything. Probably not for a Stuff Pack but it could be for a Game Pack as big as a vacation destination would be.

Wait, did they do this with Cats and Dogs and City Living?

I don't recall which packs.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    6 months from the start April covers until end of September. That still leaves plenty of time before the holiday season for another EP.