Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tropical Island: confirmed fake pack content listing

Comments

• suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »
    Plot Twist :

The leak is fake from the description to the title of the pack itself. Another retailer copied the pack title assuming that they are real.

Also aren't leaks like this are instantly being shutdown by EA/Maxis if they are true?

Cats & Dogs got leaked in a similar manner actually. With an early render and being called “Pets“.
    Capture-19-768x660.png

Now if you go to the same link it shows Cats & Dogs, confirming that it was a placeholder and they have been right. (See how it still says “Domaci Mazlicci“ instead of “Psi a kocky“?)
    https://www.film-game.cz/the-sims-4-domaci-mazlicci-pc,1002729.html

THISSSS IS what I have been saying
    edited May 2019
    Sally1502 wrote: »
    I just noticed that for some reason they changed the title of the potentially leaked DLC from “Tropical Paradise” to “Island Paradise” on both the cover art and in the text on Instant Gaming.

Dunno if that means anything but I do find it interesting...

Yeah I think that's interesting too! Even the name of the file has been changed as well. Why did they change it?
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    I just noticed that for some reason they changed the title of the potentially leaked DLC from “Tropical Paradise” to “Island Paradise” on both the cover art and in the text on Instant Gaming.

The Sims 3 Expansion was also called Island Paradise, they wouldn't give two expansions the same name.

TS2 Seasons, TS3 Seasons and TS4 Seasons.

You’re right. But seasons are... seasons. There are many names for a tropical holiday pack.

Yeah also they would never name it Island Paradise because people would compare it to Sims 3. Island Paradise clearly made use of the open world, with houseboats that can navigate everywhere, hidden islands you could find by exploring the open map and diving spots around the world.

They could never recreate Island Paradise in Sims 4, since there is no open world. People would complain that they can‘t move the houseboats around the world.

That‘s why they need to focus on different things like hula dancing or surfing for example, since these things were not in Island Paradise.

There was windsurfing in Island Paradise. I think either way the packs will get compared, so there's no point in stressing over that aspect. Naming it Tropical Paradise or Tropical Vacation or Tiki Paradise makes no difference.

Yeah but it‘s not exactly the same. Seasons got compared in every detail to previous Seasons games, with the snow accumulation for example, which is not possible with Sims 4‘s engine. They could do another island pack that doesn‘t focus on houseboats and diving, but rather surfing and hula dancing for example. That would give it it‘s own identity and they would call it differently.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2019

The Sims 3 Expansion was also called Island Paradise, they wouldn't give two expansions the same name.

You’re right. But seasons are... seasons. There are many names for a tropical holiday pack.

Yeah also they would never name it Island Paradise because people would compare it to Sims 3. Island Paradise clearly made use of the open world, with houseboats that can navigate everywhere, hidden islands you could find by exploring the open map and diving spots around the world.

They could never recreate Island Paradise in Sims 4, since there is no open world. People would complain that they can‘t move the houseboats around the world.

That‘s why they need to focus on different things like hula dancing or surfing for example, since these things were not in Island Paradise.

There was windsurfing in Island Paradise. I think either way the packs will get compared, so there's no point in stressing over that aspect. Naming it Tropical Paradise or Tropical Vacation or Tiki Paradise makes no difference.

Yeah but it‘s not exactly the same. Seasons got compared in every detail to previous Seasons games, with the snow accumulation for example, which is not possible with Sims 4‘s engine. They could do another island pack that doesn‘t focus on houseboats and diving, but rather surfing and hula dancing for example. That would give it it‘s own identity and they would call it differently.

That was not why they didn't make snow depth. They didn't make it because, according to Grant: "We knew deep snow would be important from the very beginning and we researched a variety of solutions to implement it. However, we never had confidence we'd be able to achieve the visual quality bar we expect for The Sims 4, which is key on an aesthetic feature! 2/4. Therefore, as lead producer I made the difficult decision to focus our efforts elsewhere. As we share more of TS4 Seasons, you'll see the gorgeous, intricate details of winter, spring, summer, and fall we dedicated ourselves to instead of deep snow. 3/4.".

It was not the engine.

Surfing and hula isn't going to save the pack from being compared, as the general theme is not new, but it can have new things (we never had sims playing limbo for example). And hula dancing was previously made in Bon Voyage for TS2 in which SimGuruLyndsay was a lead producer on, if I remember correctly. So it's compared to either one or the other. But I don't even know why we are discussing the possibility of future pack comparisons? :p Who cares, packs and features will always be compared nothing is saved from that unless the theme is 100% new. I mean Strangerville has no comparison, that's an example.

Hula dancing and surfing aren't even big features though. Although surfing could be if there are competitions and medals to be awarded but we'll see.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member

Unfortunately, it will get compared to Sims 3 anyway.
    suzyl3 wrote: »

Yeah I think that's interesting too! Even the name of the file has been changed as well. Why did they change it?

I opened a support ticket with them questioning why they copied the information from the forum. They said they will check and get back to me, so maybe that had something to do with it.
    IceyJ wrote: »

I opened a support ticket with them questioning why they copied the information from the forum. They said they will check and get back to me, so maybe that had something to do with it.

What do you mean "maybe that had something to do with it"?
  • ZussageZussage Posts: 141 Member

I think they mean they took the title from the forum posting. They're defaulting back to island paradise because that is what TS3 title is for what they're guessing is similar content. This same site had Sims cats and dogs listed before it was announced and they referred to it as pets, like TS3 title.
    Zussage wrote: »

I think they mean they took the title from the forum posting. They're defaulting back to island paradise because that is what TS3 title is for what they're guessing is similar content. This same site had Sims cats and dogs listed before it was announced and they referred to it as pets, like TS3 title.

Good point! I've never thought about it that way!

It sounds to me like they have some kind of insider info, so they know TS3 equivalent of the EP before it releases, but not the actual title, so they just default to TS3 title until official announcement and then change it. Apparently, they have sucessfully announced two TS4 expansions before they were officially announced.

They must have found the post on these forums with the Tropical Paradise info and lifted it thinking it was another leak, so they combined that info with their info. I don't know why they'd know enough to know which expansion is coming but not the name or any content details, but they're currently two for two. Maybe they're just lucky guesses?

It sounds to me like they have some kind of insider info, so they know TS3 equivalent of the EP before it releases, but not the actual title, so they just default to TS3 title until official announcement and then change it. Apparently, they have sucessfully announced two TS4 expansions before they were officially announced.

They must have found the post on these forums with the Tropical Paradise info and lifted it thinking it was another leak, so they combined that info with their info. I don't know why they'd know enough to know which expansion is coming but not the name or any content details, but they're currently two for two. Maybe they're just lucky guesses?

Honestly I don't know. But which expansions did they guess correctly?

Cats and Dogs (they first called it pets) and City Living, apparently.

Cats and Dogs (they first called it pets) and City Living, apparently.

Wait can you show me? Where did you hear these things? I wanna see. I'm just so hopeful that this is real that I'm trying to cover all of the bases.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    The internet, gotta love it. I think EA's silence since this 'leak' was discovered is pretty typical, and understandable. They can't come right out and say this is true because they aren't allowed to comment on upcoming releases if the new DLC is more than a month away from being released. Saying this leak is false, then at a later date confirming the leak was true all along, they would be crucified for keeping us in suspense for nothing. Since these two sites have jumped the gun and spilled news about upcoming content before, I think we are fairly safe in believing there is a tropical-themed expansion coming out in June. It was a dumb move on Instant Gaming's part to copy and paste a post from here in the forums then playing it off as an official description of the content in the new EP, though. Someone in their marketing department was, apparently, feeling lazy that day and couldn't be bothered to write a description in his/her own words.

The only insider knowledge thay might have, is knowing when to make adjustments to their sites so they are ready to take pre-orders once EA officially announces the release date of the pack and its theme, along with a full description of the pack. We knew the game changers were invited to EA Play and that usually means there is a new expansion coming out. We know June is the best month to release an EP because so many Simmers will have vacations and school breaks coming up. But before we start debating what is or isn't in the new EP, or drawing comparisons between TS2, TS3 and TS4, let's wait until we see a teaser trailer and get some more information.

Maybe me questioning them had something to do with why they changed it.
    edited May 2019
    Maybe we finally get objects from this concept art. I need that outdoor shower! And those indoor beams!
    sims4_roomviews.png
    a256aFi.gif
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Maybe we finally get objects from this concept art. I need that outdoor shower! And those indoor beams!
    sims4_roomviews.png

Yes this art was released right before Dine Out came out.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

seasons
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    The internet, gotta love it. I think EA's silence since this 'leak' was discovered is pretty typical, and understandable. They can't come right out and say this is true because they aren't allowed to comment on upcoming releases if the new DLC is more than a month away from being released. Saying this leak is false, then at a later date confirming the leak was true all along, they would be crucified for keeping us in suspense for nothing. Since these two sites have jumped the gun and spilled news about upcoming content before, I think we are fairly safe in believing there is a tropical-themed expansion coming out in June. It was a dumb move on Instant Gaming's part to copy and paste a post from here in the forums then playing it off as an official description of the content in the new EP, though. Someone in their marketing department was, apparently, feeling lazy that day and couldn't be bothered to write a description in his/her own words.

The only insider knowledge thay might have, is knowing when to make adjustments to their sites so they are ready to take pre-orders once EA officially announces the release date of the pack and its theme, along with a full description of the pack. We knew the game changers were invited to EA Play and that usually means there is a new expansion coming out. We know June is the best month to release an EP because so many Simmers will have vacations and school breaks coming up. But before we start debating what is or isn't in the new EP, or drawing comparisons between TS2, TS3 and TS4, let's wait until we see a teaser trailer and get some more information.

Preach 👏👏👏👏👏
    sims4_roomviews.png

I've wanted these items forever! They're so nice!

Maybe me questioning them had something to do with why they changed it.

Maybe EA was like "you leaked it you might as well change the name to the real name" LMAO
    I have a feeling that this is real since the SimGurus are being so hush about it. Last time with the fake Pets render, they were so quick to dismiss it as fake, but they've been hush this time, all of them, so it leads me to think it's real.
    edited May 2019
    I have a feeling that this is real since the SimGurus are being so hush about it. Last time with the fake Pets render, they were so quick to dismiss it as fake, but they've been hush this time, all of them, so it leads me to think it's real.

The next expansion definitely has a tropical theme. And the trailer might even drop next week.
    a256aFi.gif
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    aws200 wrote: »

While I understand that it's very reasonable to assume the entire thing was a lie, the possibility of a tropical-themed EP is still quite likely. ^_^ We just don't know what the content will be yet.

In other news: Not sure if anyone noticed, but Instant Gaming changed the name of the product from "Tropical Paradise" to "Island Paradise". Thoughts?