Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Heart Full of Stars {A Medieval Story} Chapter 70 *Finale* now! 5/28/21

IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
edited February 13 in Nominated Threads
Casting call!

So, this is one of the most informal casting calls ever.

Here’s what’s happening:
I have a story idea for a Medieval setting, and since I’m kinda burnt on playing Sim driven stories, it’s going to be plot driven.

Because it’s medieval and there isn’t a lot of Medieval clothes in the vanilla Sims, I have a page on Pinterest with all sorts of Medieval stuff, and lots of clothes. Clothes are the big thing. If you don’t want to use cc, you can dress your sims in white towels/ bathrobes. Otherwise, if you find something you like, shoot me the link and I’ll see if I like it. Please don’t be offended if I don’t like your cc.

You can make a backstory, or not. Chances are, your sim will have a background roll, possibly more, I still have spots to fill. Rolls I’m looking for right now:

Guards, Women of lose morals, Queen’s ladies, knights, townsfolk, the like. If you have an idea, I will see what I can do with it.

Sims can be of any age, but please just normal sims. No aliens or vampires. Unless my sims are going to be time traveling, I don’t need them knowing about space.

If you have any medieval lots, cc, or objects to recommend, I’m looking for those too!

Use the tag #irishmedieval or #irishmed .

I don’t even have a title yet, and I am going to finish the challenge I’m currently working on before this gets any chapters.

My Pinterest Medieval page: https://www.pinterest.com/celticladyy/sims-4/medieval/

Also, you may be wondering: “Which medieval period is this based in?” Glad you asked! I saw the movie “The Other Boleyn Girl”, and I really liked it. It’s kinda the inspiration behind this, but I also love knights and Lord of the Rings, so I say, All of the periods. All of them. I hope that works out ok, there’s just not enough cc for one specific period besides like, Steampunk. Very cool stuff though.

*If I seem super chill or distracted, I’m sorry, I’m pretty tired while writing this. I’ll clean it up later.*

Banner history
2Nmm861.png

mhOOFF9.png

gosWpJ5.png

ONBO2Nq.png

n5c0d44.png
jzZP0sJ.png
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Yay! I'll get to work on a sim right away :smiley:
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Hmm, I'm interested! I often dress my sims in medieval/fantasy clothes for the heck of it because I love the styles and am a bit of a history nerd. I've got a collection of medieval CC and hairstyles in a folder already, some of which you have pinned, so I'll see what I can do!
  • afai1261afai1261 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Feel free to change any of his outfits, I just couldn't be bothered going CC shopping (I do have a small collection of medieval CC in my mods folder, but I figured it would be easier to just do CC free)

Lord Federico Romeo, Knight (No CC)
    JtNTDMF.png
    Everyday 1
    D5ahqKa.png

Everyday 2
    J3PhA4L.png

Formal
    5d4kJM6.png

Athletic
    luPfjrf.png

Sleep
    19hyZg1.png

Party
    TyzOrUg.png

Hot weather
    14goRhu.png

Cold weather
    vIPL7Ty.png
  • IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
    @afai1261 Wowza, he's hot!
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I'll get to work on my sim as soon as I get home! No pictures though, I want it to be a surprise...
    funny-gifs20.gif

• VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    edited May 2019
    I have some sims for this...

Picture: Link Here *Note All of my submissions are in the fame household to make it easier.

Sim Name: Ásbjorn Bloodaxe
    Backstory: Ásbjorn Bloodaxe is the Jarl of the northern mountain tribes, a barbarian culture that has been at war with the kingdom for centuries thanks to the attempt of converting them to the religion of the Kingdom (which was a violent and bloodfilled history the Kingdom brushes under the rug. Ásbjorn is a protector of his people and a nightmarish Ogre-like Berzerker to the kingdom thanks to his record on the battlefield. As a result, the crown & the church will pay a large sum of gold for the capture of Ásbjorn to any knight or sellsword that somehow captures him. Will Ásbjorn be able to lead his people to freedom from the kingdom or will he be captured and answer for his crimes against the crown?

Sim Name: Lilith Nightshade
    Backstory: Lilith Nightshade is a Tavern Wench at a seedy Tavern/Brothel. Lilith's mother was also a tavern wench before being killed by a knight templar working for the church and she doesn't know who her father was (though she has been told that it was likely a barbarian of one of the northern mountain tribes by many knights trying to insult her for her loose morals). Lilith is passionate about Arts & Books but knows that she has to be careful about these things since she is a lowborn woman. Will Lilith be able to move up in her life?

Sim Name: Archbishop Joseph XIV
    Backstory: A corrupt clergyman of the cloth for his faith, Archbishop Joseph XIV uses his status & his religion as means of purging the kingdom of those with sin. He will use Knight Templars to abduct & murder those he deems as heathens. He also urges the royal family to start another holy war against the northern mountain tribes who don't practice their faith and therefore either have to be forcefully converted or executed. Will the kingdom give in to his wishes?

Also, feel free to customize any of these sims as you see fit.
    @VanPelt81 they sound awesome, and ought to fit in very nicely to my plans!
    jzZP0sJ.png
    edited May 2019
    This is my submission! I will also include a link for the dress CC that I used because it wasn't included in the Pinterest page.

Sim Name: Victoria Thomas

The Role I'd Prefer Her To Have: Queen's Lady

Backstory: Victoria Thomas is the youngest child of nobles from a far away country. Sick of the dull landscape, she decided to seek work elsewhere. Her travels led her here, and despite her dark secret, has still managed to secure a place in the village.

(Her secret is that she accidentally killed her older brother)

Link to the CC: thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-clothing-female-teenadultelder-everyday/title/medieval-dress-leather-maiden/id/1291202/
    funny-gifs20.gif

• citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I'll try to get one done tomorrow
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    I tried making a new sim tonight but I just couldn't get it together.I didn't want to use somebody I've already made, most of the sims I put in medieval/fantasy clothes are elves, so I was going to make a new human one from scratch for this and it just wasn't happening for me. I will try again tomorrow! :D
    Take your time. As I said, I don't even have a title for the story, my other challenge is weeks from being done. There's no rush.

If fact, the more characters with backgrounds I get, the more story direction inspiration i get.

Remember, if you have a sim and no clothes, you can dress them in a white towel or bathrobe.
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I'm in :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    I just found the Motherload for medieval cc on a tumblr. It's amazing. Check out Zx-Ta on tumblr if you get the chance. Awesome stuff, in picture at leasr
    jzZP0sJ.png
    Just a reminder this exists. And I'm looking for a title as well. if anyone has any ideas, shoot them my way!
    jzZP0sJ.png
    Oooh I have a title!

The Kingdom of *insert Kingdom name here*
    funny-gifs20.gif

Oooh I have a title!

The Kingdom of *insert Kingdom name here*

That would work if I had a kingdom name planned... I guess I'm looking for something more sexy, mysterious.
    jzZP0sJ.png
    edited May 2019
    Hmmm...

"The Secret of the Queen"

But I do have some kingdom names too... Potens, for example. It means powerful in Latin. Or, Gobernantes, which means Rulers in Spanish. Google Translate holds all sorts of possibilities!
    funny-gifs20.gif

Ooo, secret of the Queen does have a nice ring. I'll add it to a list I'm making... right... now. (Makes an idea board)
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    edited May 2019
    sorry tagged the wrong person!! @Irishsong have a couple of Swansons off-camera family sims up for adoption (but you have to check CC to find them) if you want them.. They will say "up for adoption"
    6adMCGP.gif
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    edited May 2019
    Since Archbishop Joseph XIV is supposed to be the head of a corrupt church, he needs an army of Knight Templars...

Faction Bio: Directed by Archbishop Josehp XIV himself, the Knight Templars are the Military might of the Church. They are primarily in a campaign to cleanse the world of all other faiths but the church by any means necessary (including some atrocious means). Currently they are tasked to do this to the Northern Mountain Tribes.

Knights: Ser Joffrey Baldwin, Ser Magnus Frost, Ser Greghor Callahan, Ser Xavier Rhayde, Ser Lynda Rassmussen, Ser Lancell Longley, Ser Richard Edwards, & Ser Joshua Donovan.

Bio of specific knights:

Ser Joffrey Baldwin is the Captain of the Knight Templars. Ser Joffrey is devoted to his cause and to Archbishop Joseph XIV's master vision of his faith. Ser Joffrey sees the world in a strict Black & White Morality in that if you aren't part of the cause or want to be converted to the faith, you deserve a brutal death. Ser Joffrey tries to lead in a stern but fair manner. Ser Joffrey as the Captain answers directly to the Archbishop.

Ser Magnus Frost
    is the illegitimate son of a Noble Lord who was never told who his mother was. After he became 18, he was forced to leave his father's castle by orders of his stepmother who ordered join the Knights Templar or face execution for the crime of being born. Magnus had the training of a castle man at arms and was loved by his father but was despised by the rest of his family. Magnus wants to make the world a better place but is disillusioned by the sheer rigid code of the Knight Templars and their warped sense of "justice". He also is sympathetic to the Northern Mountain Tribes in spite of being part of a campaign of war against them.

Ser Greghor Callahan is the 2nd in command and master at arms for the Knight Templars. A grizzled and skilled fighter, Ser Gregor will hold grudges based on initial impressions that he will hold almost forever. If it were up to him, Ser Magnus Frost would be subjected to the same "justice" that the Northern Mountain Tribes are exposed to.

Ser Xavier Rhayde is a foul mouth care free 5th son of a lord who wanted adventure. He is the only knight that is on friendly terms with Ser Magnus Frost and the two had a friendship forged in blood though he is concerned about Magnus' sympathetic nature towards the Northern Mountain Tribes that they're supposed to be converting to their faith.

Ser Lynda Rassmussen is the first female Knight Templar after being knighted from winning the tournament of faith against the best Knights Templars. Ser Lynda feels she is doing the right thing supporting the cause and despises the rumblings from certain knights about whether their actions are brutal.

Ser Lancell Longley is a dirty coward and brown noser to authority. He also claims to have powerful friends in spite of his cowardice.

Ser Richard Edwards is a very strong and very dangerous knight due to is blood lust and his lust for post battle spoils. He has been known to deflower the young ladies of his enemies after having said young ladies watch their families killed.

Ser Joshua Donovan joined the Knight Templars for one reason, convert the righteous and murder the heathens.
    Post edited by VanPelt81 on
    I almost forgot about this thread! I'm getting in a sim tomorrow and this time I actually mean it :sweat_smile:
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

I temporarily took my Sim off of the gallery because I didn't like the CC I used very much. It'll be back up later tonight!
    funny-gifs20.gif

Thanks guys! I've written the introductory chapter, but I'm not posting yet. I still have a challenge to finish (which should be done soon *Happy Dance*), and of course life gets in the way. Darn life.

Most recently I caught a cold for the first time in 4 years. It is not pleasant. :cold_sweat:
    jzZP0sJ.png
    Alice Montanero
    XJLn9qL.png?1
    Backstory: Alice built herself up from a low ranking noble, disgraced by her father's mistakes, to a lady of the Queen. Hopefully no one finds out what she did to her sisters to get there.
    Only cc is this gown from the pinterest page, all her other outfits are the white towel. Feel free to change her makeup too. My gallery ID is Blu3Glasses.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

@citysimmer awesome sauce! Nice pic too.
    jzZP0sJ.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top