Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hello! Come and introduce yourself!

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Hello! I'm gardenlobster. TS4 is my first Sims game, and I have no idea why I waited so long to play the franchise. My partner started playing it and suggested I'd really like it, and it was on sale, so I gave it a shot. Several EPs, GPs, and SPs later, I'm hooked. I frequent reddit and several Sims discord servers. I'm older than your average player (my oldest kid is older than some of the players I know), but I love the game. I lurk quite a bit, so forgive me if it takes a while to reach Member status.

Hello @gardenlobster :) It is nice to meet you.
    It is nice that you started simming by playing Sims 4: and that it was your partner who encouraged you to start playing. It was great that you were able to buy it at a reduced price as it was on sale! It is great that you now own many packs also ! The packs add many enjoyable features and activities to the game! It is nice that you and your partner are simmers. You would enjoy chatting about the game. Simming is fun!
    Happy simming! :)
    Hi there everyone! :)

I've been a simmer since my childhood (I'm in my 20's now). I guess I was around 8 when my childhood best friend introduced Sims 1 to me and it was "love at first sight" if we can call it like that. Had all the expansions and it was so much fun! Then later I got Sims 2 and even without expansions I just loved it and had so many great memories and great families that I got quite attached to even after all these years. Time passed when I got re-introduced but with some expansion packs.
    More time skip and I got Sims 3 on Steam with 3 expansions. (Hopefully this number will increase in the future!) :)
    Sims 3 was a tiny bit unusual at first - not in a bad way of course, just needed to get used to some new improvements - but now it has become my favourite. I could play just all day. Collecting items is probably my favourite activity to do besides exploring the neighbourhood.

Happy simming everyone!

Hello @meliorasend :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming when you were a young child by playing Sims 1 and that simming has been a part of your life as you have been growing up <3 It is nice that you have enjoyed the different versions of the game and are now playing and enjoying Sims 3 :) Collecting items in the game is very enjoyable!
    It is lovely that you have special memories of fun times spent simming over the years <3
  • jolymesjolymes Posts: 4 New Member
    edited May 2019
    Hi! I'm not really sure how to do this, but hey!
    My name is Monday and I use they/it pronouns.
    I've been playing for about 4 years, I'd say. I own The Sims 3, and The Sims 4, and have approx 1000 hours on TS4, according to Origin...
    I hope we can all get along, and I hope to be as active here as my daily schedule permits :O

Edited to remove reference to real age ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
    jolymes wrote: »
    Hi! I'm not really sure how to do this, but hey!
    My name is Monday! I use they/it pronouns.
    I've been playing for about 4 years, I'd say. I own The Sims 3, and The Sims 4, and have approx 1000 hours on TS4, according to Origin...
    I hope we can all get along, and I hope to be as active here as my daily schedule permits :O

Hello @jolymes :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is great that you have been simming for 4 years, own both Sims 3 and Sims 4 and have played sims 4 for 1000 hours! You would have been enjoying spending many fun and enjoyable hours over time playing, creating and building in the game!
    I hope that you will enjoy reading the forums threads and posting about your sims.
  • Zero2HeroZero2Hero Posts: 253 Member
    edited May 2019
    jolymes wrote: »
    Hi! My name is Monday and I use they/it pronouns.
    @jolymes Great name! I'm non-binary as well! I use he/they pronouns! Nice to meet you! 😇✨

Edited quote to reflect change ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
    @Zero2Hero aaaaaaa nice!!!!!! Glad 2 meet you too!!!!!!
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    Thanks for the link to this thread rosemow,

I've been playing the franchise since The Sims back in 2000 when I got it for Christmas in December and the game came out February that year. I've owned 1,2,3 and 4. TS4 is the only one I decided to play on Console; the Xbox One.

With The Sims I played on my Windows Pc and self taught myself how to download and properly install mods to my game, fix any problem, and do any updates I needed to make my custom content work ( it wasn't that easy back then at 10 years old, but I learned alot). I followed the same pattern with TS2; I love anime, so I had cc mostly from that genre.

TS3 I didnt go as crazy with the cc as I did with 1 and 2, just because the game was so full of content I didnt feel the need to really add it. Though I did use testingcheatsenabled true, motherlode, and moveobjects on/off alot in that game.

And here we are with TS4. No longer on a computer, and no longer a cheater lol. I like getting achievements on my console and I heard once you cheat, achievements get disabled so I can proudly say I have never cheated in the Sims 4 and never brought up the cheat menu; I don't even know how ( and don't tell me 😂). I'm kinda glad though, I'm able to play legit; the rawest form of the game, which I've never done with any of the other games in the franchise before.

*NoirStasis*
    NoirStasis wrote: »
    Thanks for the link to this thread rosemow,

I've been playing the franchise since The Sims back in 2000 when I got it for Christmas in December and the game came out February that year. I've owned 1,2,3 and 4. TS4 is the only one I decided to play on Console; the Xbox One.

With The Sims I played on my Windows Pc and self taught myself how to download and properly install mods to my game, fix any problem, and do any updates I needed to make my custom content work ( it wasn't that easy back then at 10 years old, but I learned alot). I followed the same pattern with TS2; I love anime, so I had cc mostly from that genre.

TS3 I didnt go as crazy with the cc as I did with 1 and 2, just because the game was so full of content I didnt feel the need to really add it. Though I did use testingcheatsenabled true, motherlode, and moveobjects on/off alot in that game.

And here we are with TS4. No longer on a computer, and no longer a cheater lol. I like getting achievements on my console and I heard once you cheat, achievements get disabled so I can proudly say I have never cheated in the Sims 4 and never brought up the cheat menu; I don't even know how ( and don't tell me 😂). I'm kinda glad though, I'm able to play legit; the rawest form of the game, which I've never done with any of the other games in the franchise before.

*NoirStasis*

Hello @NoirStasis :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is very nice that you have been simming since you were child, and that you received the original Sims 1 as a Christmas gift <3 It was a very special gift that has led you to many enjoyable and fun hours spent simming over the years, ever since!
    It was very nice reading about your simming experiences of each version :) It is great that you are now playing the console version of Sims 4.
  • Zero2HeroZero2Hero Posts: 253 Member
    edited May 2019
    Guess what? I've officially reached 100 visits on Forum The Sims! Not that it matters but, ha! 😝⚡️
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @rubyskywalker :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It is nice that you started simming by playing Sims FreePlay then that has led up on to playing Sims 3. I hope your sims households go well in their sims lives in your game.
    > It was great reading about your favourite things and interests. With you loving animals you would be enjoying having simversion pets as part of your households if you own the Pets explansion Pack :)
    > Happy simming! :)

Thank you! I have Pets EP, Seasons EP and Late Night EP as well as High Loft SP (Last two came w/ base game.)

Sadly, whenever a cat or dog, likely horse too, tries to load in it makes my computer freeze up & crash. I'm getting a new one this year so hopefully I will be to play soon. (My current fave sim, who's name I can't think of right now, currently has a nuthatch and a hedgehog, so I can't play her at the moment.)

I'm considering getting Generations or Ambitions in the future. Showtime (Thinking it fits with the LN Celebrity system quite well?) and World Adventures I'm undecided. I'm a big no on Supernatural though since I dislike the Vampires in LN and have a midnight curfew for my sims due to fear of alien abduction, considering it's unable to disable unlike vampires. I'm more interested in a realistic game than one loaded with strange creatures.

My most favorite part of the Sims in general is house building and adding to the town. I've tried CAW but can't build much with it until new computer.
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @rubyskywalker :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    > It is nice that you started simming by playing Sims FreePlay then that has led up on to playing Sims 3. I hope your sims households go well in their sims lives in your game.
    > It was great reading about your favourite things and interests. With you loving animals you would be enjoying having simversion pets as part of your households if you own the Pets explansion Pack :)
    > Happy simming! :)

Thank you! I have Pets EP, Seasons EP and Late Night EP as well as High Loft SP (Last two came w/ base game.)

Sadly, whenever a cat or dog, likely horse too, tries to load in it makes my computer freeze up & crash. I'm getting a new one this year so hopefully I will be to play soon. (My current fave sim, who's name I can't think of right now, currently has a nuthatch and a hedgehog, so I can't play her at the moment.)

I'm considering getting Generations or Ambitions in the future. Showtime (Thinking it fits with the LN Celebrity system quite well?) and World Adventures I'm undecided. I'm a big no on Supernatural though since I dislike the Vampires in LN and have a midnight curfew for my sims due to fear of alien abduction, considering it's unable to disable unlike vampires. I'm more interested in a realistic game than one loaded with strange creatures.

My most favorite part of the Sims in general is house building and adding to the town. I've tried CAW but can't build much with it until new computer.

You’re welcome @rubyskywalker :) You will enjoy simming on your new computer !
    These are links to guides about the packs
    https://simsvip.com/sims-3-expansion-pack-guides/
    https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/generations/
    https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/ambitions/
    https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/worldadventures/
    https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/showtime/
    Hi, I'm just an anonymous user. And I just came here to say sorry for making it seem like I spam others for attention. I do not!
    And forgive me if I apologize a lot on here! That is my fault! Everything is! D:
    I'm afraid to mention any names on here, but there's also someone in particular whom I want to apologize to for spamming their website! I didn't come here to annoy them or anything, and I didn't mean any harm!
    If they can forgive me, that'll make me very satisfied, and I'll leave them alone. I think I've been a bother to someone, and I'd like to fix any mistakes I've done in my past. Thank you all very much for listening to me. I hope we can be friends again, igazor. :-(

Hello @Anonymous_User
    You didn’t need to make another account. It would be best to post on your older account, as that it is linked to your origin account on the gallery. Simmers aren’t upset with you. It is okay to use the other account.
  • CageTheAmberCageTheAmber Posts: 3 New Member
    Hey guys! I've been playing The Sims for years, used to be strictly PC, but I've made the switch to console. I'm basically joined the forums to have someone make a Sim that looks like me. I absolutely love the game, but I suck at making my Sims look like real people lol
    Hey guys! I've been playing The Sims for years, used to be strictly PC, but I've made the switch to console. I'm basically joined the forums to have someone make a Sim that looks like me. I absolutely love the game, but I suck at making my Sims look like real people lol

Hello @CageTheAmber :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been playing The Sims for many years. You would have been enjoying spending many fun and happy hours over the time playing and seeing how the lives of your sims progressed in your game!
    The DNA creations team does Sims and builds requests for pc and Mac but I don’t know if they do requests for the console version. I am also not sure how the console version of the Gallery works.
    The link to their thread is
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/958955/d-n-a-request-team-s4-designing-nature-architecture-just-for-you#latest
  • TashMiChelleTashMiChelle Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi and thank you for accepting my request to join this community. I used to play TS2 series some time ago (about 10 years or so ago) and now I feel like a fish out of water lol. I hope I can help contribute as much as possible...Sorry, Im not that wordy :)
    Hi and thank you for accepting my request to join this community. I used to play TS2 series some time ago (about 10 years or so ago) and now I feel like a fish out of water lol. I hope I can help contribute as much as possible...Sorry, Im not that wordy :)

Hello @TashMiChelle :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you started simming by playing Sims 2. You will soon get used to playing Sims 4 and how it works, if you are now playing that version of the game :)
    Carl's Sims 4 site is a very helpful site with many guides to playing the game. There is a " guides" button at the top of the site page, which will take you to a list of a variety of helpful guides to the game.
    http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com
    I hope you will enjoy reading and posting on the forum threads
  • PrplefireflyPrplefirefly Posts: 16 Member
    I'm Jen, I've been playing the Sims since the original came out in 2000. (Ah, 8th grade. Such awkward memories...)
    I love to try the challenges, although I recently lost all of my saves when my motherboard shorted out on me. :(
    I'm currently getting my Bachelor's in computer science, so my game time is super limited but I try to play a bit every day.
    One day soon (in the next year or so) I hope to have my youtube channel up and running with my Let's Plays. I try not to use Alpha CC in my game, but I can't stay away from the Maxis Match CC. It's all so pretty!!
    Purple is my favorite color, I love candy with peanut butter, and I have a rottweiler named Splash. He's a sweetheart!
    Happy simming!
  • Maia84Maia84 Posts: 48 Member
    Hello everyone! I've been playing the Sims since the original, but I've never been on the forums before. I recently started doing challenge playthroughs, but I found the longer ones started to get lonely with no one to talk to about my game (no real life friends who are simmers unfortunately!) So I made a YouTube page and joined the forums so that I can hopefully get some discussion going while I play :blush:

Otherwise, I'm just living the student life with a very demanding kitty! Hope you're all doing fantastic!
    I'm Jen, I've been playing the Sims since the original came out in 2000. (Ah, 8th grade. Such awkward memories...)
    I love to try the challenges, although I recently lost all of my saves when my motherboard shorted out on me. :(
    I'm currently getting my Bachelor's in computer science, so my game time is super limited but I try to play a bit every day.
    One day soon (in the next year or so) I hope to have my youtube channel up and running with my Let's Plays. I try not to use Alpha CC in my game, but I can't stay away from the Maxis Match CC. It's all so pretty!!
    Purple is my favorite color, I love candy with peanut butter, and I have a rottweiler named Splash. He's a sweetheart!
    Happy simming!

Hello @Prplefirefly :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    It is nice that you have been simming since the original Sims 1. You would have been enjoying playing a number of households over the time as well as had fun creating and building!
    It is not good that you lost your saves due to the motherboard issue! It would have been upsetting!
    I hope that your studies continue to go well.
    It is exciting that you are planing to have a YouTube channel! That is great!
    It is nice that you have included your favourite colour in your username :)
    Maia84 wrote: »
    Hello everyone! I've been playing the Sims since the original, but I've never been on the forums before. I recently started doing challenge playthroughs, but I found the longer ones started to get lonely with no one to talk to about my game (no real life friends who are simmers unfortunately!) So I made a YouTube page and joined the forums so that I can hopefully get some discussion going while I play :blush:

Otherwise, I'm just living the student life with a very demanding kitty! Hope you're all doing fantastic!

Hello @Maia84 :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    I hope that you will enjoy meeting and chatting with fellow simmers as you read and post on the forum threads :) The forums is a great place to chat about the game!
    I hope that your studies continue to go well :)
    You would like having a simversion of your kitty in your game, if you own a pets pack.
  • kevlevronekevlevrone Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi everyone. I am new to this forum :)
    kevlevrone wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I am new to this forum :)

Hello @kevlevrone :) It is nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums!
    I hope that you will enjoy reading the threads, meeting fellow simmers, and posting about the sims from your game.
  • alextroh13alextroh13 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey guyyys! I'm Alex, and I've been playing Sims since 2009. I joined this forum this year, tho. I am looking for friends on Sims 4. I you wanna add me on origin that's my ID: alextroh13

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top