Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Possible Leak - Next Expansion Tropical Paradise.

Comments

• jacechujacechu Posts: 87 Member
    I kind of hope that the theory about the pack theme being true but the content being a placeholder is false/a placeholder. I'm betting the fan that came up with the content originally has correctly guessed some of the pack's content regardless. So I'm betting that there will be at least a little truth to the content simply because the original fan is a great guesser. It could even be that they correctly guessed EVERYTHING, but more is going to be added as well.
    Sims YouTube
    Twitter
    Gallery ID: jacechu06
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,384 Member
    jacechu wrote: »
    I kind of hope that the theory about the pack theme being true but the content being a placeholder is false/a placeholder. I'm betting the fan that came up with the content originally has correctly guessed some of the pack's content regardless. So I'm betting that there will be at least a little truth to the content simply because the original fan is a great guesser. It could even be that they correctly guessed EVERYTHING, but more is going to be added as well.

How I hope your right.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited May 2019
    jacechu wrote: »

I hope IF they are going to include surfing that it won't be tied to an object.

I also am still very curious if they are even able to pull of a nice tropical world with Ocean Swimming and an ''open feel'' with The Sims 4.
    I know we should not get our hopes up to get boats and all that stuff like we had in Sims 3. I don't see them doing that in Sims 4 when we don't even have cars yet.

Maybe they will introduce round pools as a new feature with the pre-patch, who knows.
  • Octavie88Octavie88 Posts: 140 Member
    I don't believe anything about this leak. I also don't know anything about programming or computers but a small part of me hopes that this 64 bit change taking place will somehow allow the team to make Sims 4 not just a watered down version of it's predecessors. Like I said though, I don't know how changing the processor Sims 4 uses will affect the game.

The other part of me says that when we do get any pack it WILL be a watered down version of packs before, as this is a game that couldn't even do snow depth (not something I care about but I remember people being mad about it) and won't allow us to build apartments or have non-controllable roommates.

I do hope a tropical pack and university come out soon so we can all stop sounding like broken records. The faster they come out the faster we can all start complaining about how they aren't exactly what we wanted 😂
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited May 2019
    Octavie88 wrote: »
    I don't believe anything about this leak. I also don't know anything about programming or computers but a small part of me hopes that this 64 bit change taking place will somehow allow the team to make Sims 4 not just a watered down version of it's predecessors. Like I said though, I don't know how changing the processor Sims 4 uses will affect the game.

The other part of me says that when we do get any pack it WILL be a watered down version of packs before, as this is a game that couldn't even do snow depth (not something I care about but I remember people being mad about it) and won't allow us to build apartments or have non-controllable roommates.

I do hope a tropical pack and university come out soon so we can all stop sounding like broken records. The faster they come out the faster we can all start complaining about how they aren't exactly what we wanted 😂

Thats exactly what I am afraid of too.

With the Sims 4 they have nice ideas in mind, but when they make it, it's always extremely watered down and full of trade offs.
    I doubt that will be different this time around I am afraid.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    IF we get surfing, it will probably be with a surf machine object like we had before. I would imagine that with this limited game engine, it would be almost impossible to create a realist looking wave large enough for a sim to surf on. So, the machine may be the answer. I hope it will be able to be placed in pools as well as the ocean.
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Phillip671 wrote: »
    thank god it isnt witches

sorry, not a fan of occults in my game

It says expansion pack, witches will probably be a game pack. So there's still possibility.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »

With the Sims 4 they have nice ideas in mind, but when they make it, it's always extremely watered down and full of trade offs.

THIS! This is exactly what I AM saying...THANK YOU!
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    IF we get surfing, it will probably be with a surf machine object like we had before. I would imagine that with this limited game engine, it would be almost impossible to create a realist looking wave large enough for a sim to surf on. So, the machine may be the answer. I hope it will be able to be placed in pools as well as the ocean.

I'd be fine with this. I liked that object. Plus at least your sims could surf at home
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    edited May 2019
    I didn’t get the information off a speculation thread in the forums; I don’t even know where that is. I found it on the sims community page:
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2196481907116419&id=422548687843092&anchor_composer=false
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    If this is true, colour me excited! A beach vacation world has been on my wishlist for ages. I like the new dance style and the traits which suggest we will be able to swim in the sea - fingers crossed! I would like more beach related activities too e.g. diving, sunbathing, sandcastles etc. I was also hoping for boats and hotels, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    The first post in this thread is the one we're talking about https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/957114/a-mysterious-expansion-pack-coming-in-june-2019/p1
    Note that the post was created as far back as March. You may also want to compare it to the sims community post you just linked.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited May 2019

Sims 4's biggest flaw right there in the bold text. Couldn't agree more, Sims 4 could've been better but only a new game AKA Sims 5 will they be able to build the better foundation. Once you build on a foundation you can't improve it, the building can only get taller but the worse the foundation the more likely it will collapse with all your hard work. And Sims 4 is truly showing it over the years with vast limitations and lackluster DLC. Not to mention the Simulation Lag that's still not addressed all these years. Modders have to do everything with this iteration of The Sims.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • TheMagnoliaTheMagnolia Posts: 174 Member
    JC1979 wrote: »
    I didn’t get the information off a speculation thread in the forums; I don’t even know where that is. I found it on the sims community page:
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2196481907116419&id=422548687843092&anchor_composer=false

I wasn’t referring to you, I was referring to the gaming website. I should’ve specified.
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    Is it wrong to hope Tropical Paradise comes with parrot pets in it? :p
    I'd love this. And maybe hermit crabs, starfish and seahorses, too.

And more fish tanks! Preferably salt water ones to match the fish of an island world.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited May 2019
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    @Simpkin I agree. If the leak proves to be correct, I think the next expansion will be the University EP and will be released in November in time for the holiday sales push.
    @Paigeisin5
    but there was supposed to 1 ep, 1 gp and 1 sp for the year. I guess we have to wait and see. I was hoping they'd announce something today.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited May 2019
    I don't think there going to announce anything today
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,384 Member
    suzyl3 wrote: »

And more fish tanks! Preferably salt water ones to match the fish of an island world.

This.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited May 2019
    aws200 wrote: »

Sims 4's biggest flaw right there in the bold text. Couldn't agree more, Sims 4 could've been better but only a new game AKA Sims 5 will they be able to build the better foundation. Once you build on a foundation you can't improve it, the building can only get taller but the worse the foundation the more likely it will collapse with all your hard work. And Sims 4 is truly showing it over the years with vast limitations and lackluster DLC. Not to mention the Simulation Lag that's still not addressed all these years. Modders have to do everything with this iteration of The Sims.

The engine of Sims 4 is so limited because it was originally intended to be an online multiplayer game and multiplayer games ARE limited in terms of customization and advanced features.

You can read more about that little know fact here and get to know why Sims 4’s engine is so limited: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/The_Sims_Olympus
    a256aFi.gif
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    suzyl3 wrote: »

This.

I still want that dive tank we had in S1. I loved that thing. It was like a human aquarium. To do it differently this time around, they could make it a pool that could be added to a community lot where sims could learn to dive.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I hope this is true with more added of course...lol I really hope they add in hotels, honeymoon suites, boardwalk games where we can win stuff animals, scuba diving, jet skiing, wishful thinking but a boat cruise that island hops, wishful thinking a helicopter ride over volcanoes, luaus with a pig roast hula dancing, fire dancing, new drinks pina coladas, strawberry daiquiris, Hawaiian blue drink, etc Ocean swimming, floaties, and so much more. I really want to see some pink sand beaches and black sand beaches as well as the traditional golden sand.

As for college, I have already decided I might buy Uni but my sims will not go unless it is set up like sims 2 where I can send them all to college even if they are not in the same household.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    i hope its also the next ep my sims need a family vacation and this would be perfect :smile:
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • SimsBroSimsBro Posts: 134 Member
    If the Pack at least is real, even if the content list isn't, I'll be extremely disappointed if it doesn't include mermaids.
    Helll, we only even had a single mention of mermaids on the first page so it kinda makes me wonder if it's just something a few simmers like myself want.
  • ZussageZussage Posts: 141 Member
    edited May 2019
    SimsBro wrote: »
    If the Pack at least is real, even if the content list isn't, I'll be extremely disappointed if it doesn't include mermaids.
    Helll, we only even had a single mention of mermaids on the first page so it kinda makes me wonder if it's just something a few simmers like myself want.

I want them too! My favourite lifestate from TS3, and occult players really don't have a lot of options right now, just vampires and aliens. Especially if they did mermaids similar to how they did vampires, I think it would be great! They aren't as requested as witches, but I'm hoping they do a GP for that in October for Halloween.

This is just wishful thinking, and I said this somewhere else (but might have been here), but ideally I'd like to see:

June 2019 - Tropical themed EP that opens up swimable beaches and water sports as well as mermaids as a playable lifestate!

August 2019 - A tiny house stuff pack with hippie clothes and build items that are purposefully smaller or dual function: bunk beds, loft beds, combo toilet/shower stall
    combo fridge/stove, combo couch/bed, half-size tub you can still bathe toddlers in, etc. I've just seen a lot of tiny house builds rise in popularity in video streams and think it would provide neat content :)

October 2019- Witches GP similar to vampires. Would be cool if it was a combo that included fairies, but I wouldn't want them to stuff too many lifestates in it. Rather wait for individual packs if it means giving each lifestate a lot of attention.

November 2019 - Universities-esque EP that includes college, dorms and boarding school for teens and kids.

In 2020 I'd like to see a GP for werewolves. Maybe they could even expand the idea and have a few were sim options, like werewolf, werecat, and like were dinosaur or werebird or something. I've also heard people toss out farming as an EP that would include horses.
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    Zussage wrote: »
    SimsBro wrote: »

I want them too! My favourite lifestate from TS3, and occult players really don't have a lot of options right now, just vampires and aliens. Especially if they did mermaids similar to how they did vampires, I think it would be great! They aren't as requested as witches, but I'm hoping they do a GP for that in October for Halloween.

This is just wishful thinking, and I said this somewhere else (but might have been here), but ideally I'd like to see:

June 2019 - Tropical themed EP that opens up swimable beaches and water sports as well as mermaids as a playable lifestate!

August 2019 - A tiny house stuff pack with hippie clothes and build items that are purposefully smaller or dual function: bunk beds, loft beds, combo toilet/shower stall
    combo fridge/stove, combo couch/bed, half-size tub you can still bathe toddlers in, etc. I've just seen a lot of tiny house builds rise in popularity in video streams and think it would provide neat content :)

October 2019- Witches GP similar to vampires. Would be cool if it was a combo that included fairies, but I wouldn't want them to stuff too many lifestates in it. Rather wait for individual packs if it means giving each lifestate a lot of attention.

November 2019 - Universities-esque EP that includes college, dorms and boarding school for teens and kids.

In 2020 I'd like to see a GP for werewolves. Maybe they could even expand the idea and have a few were sim options, like werewolf, werecat, and like were dinosaur or werebird or something. I've also heard people toss out farming as an EP that would include horses.

I agree with this! Everyone regardless of interest gets something that they want. Family/Generation players could have University for their teens and up (hopefully), people who are fans of tropical packs would get one, and supernatural fans would get something as well! I know these things don't necessarily apply to EVERYONE but it does for the most part.