The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do you all want cars so much?!

Comments

• drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I would have loved to have cars but they would be pointless in Sims 4. There is no road system or carpool in any world. That’s not something they realistically can just add. A car is for transporting people first and foremost. If that isn’t the top priority for them then they shouldn’t be added. Adding cars just so Sims can sit in them, woohoo, etc is not a strong enough reason to add them.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I would have loved to have cars but they would be pointless in Sims 4. There is no road system or carpool in any world. That’s not something they realistically can just add. A car is for transporting people first and foremost. If that isn’t the top priority for them then they shouldn’t be added. Adding cars just so Sims can sit in them, woohoo, etc is not a strong enough reason to add them.

I could say the exact same thing about the talking toilets.....
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Well then say it. We can’t change the fact that producers went with it, but we can surely let them know that we don’t want novelty content like that in the future.

If they want to add cars, then they should do the work and not release a half-hearted version that’s basically lawn furniture. If you’re willing to accept the bare minimum for cars, which does not even include the sole purpose for their invention, then that’s your prerogative, but don’t go around complaining when other half-hearted novelty content you don’t like is added. I don’t like the toilets, and I would not like cars that were mostly stationary.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    We also don't want to make sims 4 exactly like the games that came before it.
    Objection!

752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    I don't.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    If anything, I want them just so that builders can stop using toy cars and making fake garages and driveways that I end up having to delete o:)
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    If anything, I want them just so that builders can stop using toy cars and making fake garages and driveways that I end up having to delete o:)

They shouldn't have make those toy cars in the first place, now folks want more cars, the evil had begin with these toys cars.

The Sims Game
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Well then say it. We can’t change the fact that producers went with it, but we can surely let them know that we don’t want novelty content like that in the future.

If they want to add cars, then they should do the work and not release a half-hearted version that’s basically lawn furniture. If you’re willing to accept the bare minimum for cars, which does not even include the sole purpose for their invention, then that’s your prerogative, but don’t go around complaining when other half-hearted novelty content you don’t like is added. I don’t like the toilets, and I would not like cars that were mostly stationary.

Better than having none tbh. I'd like to see cars in TS4, it would honestly make my immersion far deeper in the game.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • RobotBeesRobotBees Posts: 145 Member
    What would be interesting though is how they would work in the more pedestrian worlds like Windenberg... on the island there are no roads. Similarly, with Brindleton Bay in certain areas, the lots are back in the woods and aren't accessible by roads. I guess by not having cars sometimes we get worlds that are more creative in their layout?
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    I want cars for the immersion and realism. I loved having cars in The Sims 2, even though you couldn't drive them around like in The Sims 3. I really hope they will add them back some day seeing it's one of the most requested things. And oh, carpooling as well!
  • notasmokealarm09notasmokealarm09 Posts: 240 Member
    I don't need them. But would be a nice thing to have.

Would like to be able to get a junker that a Sim could eventually fix up and drive around.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I want cars and bikes (and boats and horses). We had them in TS2, so why not TS4? I want public transport rather than teleportation e.g. taxi and school bus, and I want my sims to be able to drive to work and drive their children to school, go for bike rides, teach teens to drive, wash the car, sell cars, etc. I also want a mechanic career and options to customise/fix up cars. It just adds to the 'realism' of the game and I think it could be a lot of fun.
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    It's a life simulation game. We've had cars since Sims 2, we need cars.

And carpools since TS1.

Yup and carpools. *sniffs* Missing those as well. Just love watching the kiddos get on the bus and whisked off to school every morning.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

KayeStar wrote: »
    soko37 wrote: »
    Loading screen or not doesn't matter.
    If players want the cars to be driven, it does. EA would have to rework the game so sims don't instantly teleport to their destination.

They can drive them from the garage to the edge of the lot, fine for me. No need to actually even step on the road. As long as they have the animations, can take their pets inside the car with them, can listen to the radio, turn on the thingymagiggy that cleans the windshield when it's raining, fix the engine when the car breaks, get teens to get their driver's license and so on. Cars in the sims are like any other part of gameplay, some like it some don't.

And don't forget car woohoo! I had many a sim conceived that way. lol
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

RobotBees wrote: »
    What would be interesting though is how they would work in the more pedestrian worlds like Windenberg... on the island there are no roads. Similarly, with Brindleton Bay in certain areas, the lots are back in the woods and aren't accessible by roads. I guess by not having cars sometimes we get worlds that are more creative in their layout?

That's when we could have a ferry loading screen. With are little sims paying a small fee to have access to those island areas.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    edited May 2019
    KayeStar wrote: »
    soko37 wrote: »
    Loading screen or not doesn't matter.
    If players want the cars to be driven, it does. EA would have to rework the game so sims don't instantly teleport to their destination.

I mean a loading screen doesn't matter in regard to the post saying we dont need cars if there's a loading screen involved. I think cars are still needed in the game regardless of loading screens. Of course we would all rather drive them through open world, but I would be happy having them in sims 4 if it were similar to sims 2.
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Hello Simmers!! didn't start sims until my brother got me sims3 for the wii, have sims3 for the pc, and yes i miss the cars! want them back, and with a choice of different garage doors and styles, please :):)
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    "If" it is impossible to put working cars in the game, they can at least make a car dealership (like they make clubs, diners, gym, library etc) showcasing some cars and you can walk in the building and click the register and view many different fake cars to buy and put in your garage or on the driveway. I don't really like the fact we have to enlarge the small choice of little fake cars to give me that realism I need in my game.
  • TheMagnoliaTheMagnolia Posts: 174 Member
    I’d like to have the added experience. I don’t mind not having an open world, but it would be nice to actually drive off the screen.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I would love vehicles. I think it would be a nice added touch in the game. My Sims don't have to drive them everywhere. They can listen to music, woohoo, kiss, chat in them. Learn to drive them (as the car would act as a simulator. I think for some of them a big motorcycle would be cool A Bentley or a Rolls Royce or a Lamborghini for our celebrities yards would be a great touch.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • MelpomenaMelpomena Posts: 207 Member
    I'd like to have cars even if sims can't drive them around in the street. The devs could provide tracks that could be used to build a drivable area on a 64x64 lot. We could do dragsters there, with the music, the hangout for teens and ya. I also like the said activities in out and about cars, romantic, friendly, mecanics and all that can be done. Cars have a whole aura of fame and culture, and life style around them.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I don't really care one way or the other to be honest. If I don't get them, it won't bum me out, but I wouldn't be upset to have them either. Mostly, I'm rooting for cars to be added because so many others want them so badly. It doesn't seem fair that they can't have them even if they won't be very useful in this version of Sims.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • TuxTux Posts: 17 Member
    Im very grounded in reality wen it comes to playing an typically wen i see a sim just vanished it sorta bothers me a bit, i also would like to experience the joy of owning a car and then passing it on to my teenage son/daughter its the little things that can add to storytelling in my book.
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    edited May 2019
    Alright folks let's cool it with some of the bickering, there's no need for it. Everybody wants different things in the game and not everyone is going to want the same things. That's fine, without differing opinions there is no discussion. But keep it polite and kind please there's no need to be discussing what is and isn't "useless" content.

Let's bring it back on topic and keep it civil.
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I didn't care for the carpools in sims3, I wanted them to drive their own cars to work.