Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question Please...

Hi!
I had thought there could only be as many Sims in a house as there was bed space for them? Sometimes when I'm in town mode I notice a house packed with 8 Sims but bed space for only 3 or 4. Yesterday I noticed it again, with 4 adults in a house but only 1 double bed. One time I changed to a household like that to fix it, and everyone in it was in the red with their energy levels, and some were falling down and passing out from being so tired. I have Over Watch and Master Control. Perhaps one of the settings in one or the other needs to be adjusted?

Thanks!

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2019
    The game itself (unmodded) allows these things to happen. Sims who are not actively being played and thus their homes not being animated all of the time should have their basic needs taken care of for them. They are in semi-hibernation in their homes much of the time, so as unrealistic as it seems, they shouldn't really need beds/cribs to sleep in when they aren't being paid attention to by the player or the active sims are not visiting their home.

A household of 8 shouldn't be allowed to move into a house that only has 3 beds. But what can happen is that the household starts out smaller and kids are born, adopted, a friend moves in, babies/toddlers grow up, etc., and over time the household can outgrow their current living space. When sims have babies, for example, there is no check on furniture or lot size first as biology doesn't really care about such things. :)

NRaas Overwatch has no say in the matter. Nor does MasterController, MC is a player controlled command center and does not merely by being present affect any game operations. The mod that has an impact here is StoryProgression. What SP's Home Inspection routine does is check for such things as having a fridge or enough suitable sleeping slots. If the household fails such routinely conducted inspections, the player is notified and either has a chance to fix it for them (sims cannot purchase their own furniture) or the household will attempt to split or move to a lot that better meets their needs, if they can afford to and if any are available to them in that world. What MC can do in this case is provide the player with a list of all households that are currently failing inspection so the player can decide if they wish to take action for them (buy them some beds/cribs), move them out or split the household, or wait to see if SP catches up with them eventually.

On City Hall or an in-game computer, NRaas > MC > Household > Focus: Home Inspection. This provides a list of all households in town currently failing. If you select one, the game camera will focus on that household for you and the reason for the failure will be displayed. But this is for player notification only, MC is not able to fix anything that it sees as wrong with these households and what they have to work with.

NRaas Mover also has a Household Inspection option, but what this one does if engaged is prevent the player from moving households into lots that are lacking what they need. Like MC, it does not have the capacity for the sims to fix these issues for themselves.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • spankenstein89spankenstein89 Posts: 103 Member
    Hi Igazor, thanks for replying. I appreciate you taking the time to explain this for me.