Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tropical Island: confirmed fake pack content listing

Comments

• thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    aelias24 wrote: »
    Man, I want to see this in sims 4:
    2cqzlhe.jpg

I would absolutely love that! Goodness... I didn't even realize lounge chairs weren't in the game until a month ago or so.

This is purely fan-speculation, but with the addition of a water-based world, I would assume the 64-bit upgrade would have its justification.
    Additionally, if the world is divided into islands, perhaps they are experimenting with an open-world concept? You know, so you could ride boats from one lot to the next over water without a loading screen.

I could only hope for such a feature..
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    Guys and girls! The developers will show you the trailer next week, it’s OK, they like how my idea was, The Sims team will know what I was thinking about it. Since we be like we’re missing our most famous reggae singer Bob Marley, we all have to find any reggae artists who sings in Simlish, OK? Questions?

Sue them and get free sims games for life ! :D
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    mika wrote: »
    Guys and girls! The developers will show you the trailer next week, it’s OK, they like how my idea was, The Sims team will know what I was thinking about it. Since we be like we’re missing our most famous reggae singer Bob Marley, we all have to find any reggae artists who sings in Simlish, OK? Questions?

Sue them and get free sims games for life ! :D
    Heck no! Developers will say something if they’re was!
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    2cqzlhe.jpg

You have no idea how badly I want sailboats but that would mean we'd have other forms of transportation like cars....
  • ThycontiThyconti Posts: 5 New Member
    In Brazil the expansion is in the range of $ 40 (US $). EA will not launch a full expansion, obvious that it will share in other packages. It will be another $ 20 for some package where you have resorts / hotels and another $ 10 with "summer objects". It's very expensive to play the sims in Brazil hahaha
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I wish this were real because I'd love to create a beach surfer bum bro who does nothing but hangout on the beach and surf all day. B)
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    edited May 2019
    2cqzlhe.jpg

I would absolutely love that! Goodness... I didn't even realize lounge chairs weren't in the game until a month ago or so.

This is purely fan-speculation, but with the addition of a water-based world, I would assume the 64-bit upgrade would have its justification.
    Additionally, if the world is divided into islands, perhaps they are experimenting with an open-world concept? You know, so you could ride boats from one lot to the next over water without a loading screen.

I could only hope for such a feature..

I think the part of the 64-bit support could actually be true, and I hope the island part is true, but I doubt it. Here's to hoping! The 64-bit thing, it'll allow them to make more items and higher quality items and so I have hope that this EP could be really good since it justified the drop of 32-bit support for it to happen.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    edited May 2019
    Plot Twist :

The leak is fake from the description to the title of the pack itself. Another retailer copied the pack title assuming that they are real.

Also aren't leaks like this are instantly being shutdown by EA/Maxis if they are true?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    That's fake yes but the first leak most likely isnt. A retailer has posted it.

Can you link it? I’m curious!
    First retailer:
    https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/4624-buy-key-origin-the-sims-4-tropical-paradise/

Second retailer:
    https://www.gamesync.nl/sims-4-tropisch-paradijs-download-origin-kopen.html

“Sims 4: Tropisch Paradijs“ it‘s even in another language...

I don‘t think it‘s fake, only the feature list from InstantGaming is fake, since they most likely just googled and used the description from the forum.

Hey, that’s my language 😂. The Dutch site says it’s readily available and I don’t believe a word of that, how stupid. They do say it’s a pre-order, but also that an expansion will come in June. Well, we’ll see.

By available they mean to preorder.

I believe you. I feel almost certain the trailer will be coming Next Week.
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    If this is a tropical EP, the music was probably done last year.

As long as there are steele drums I'll be happy.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited May 2019
    TS1299 wrote: »
    Plot Twist :

The leak is fake from the description to the title of the pack itself. Another retailer copied the pack title assuming that they are real.

Also aren't leaks like this are instantly being shutdown by EA/Maxis if they are true?

Cats & Dogs got leaked in a similar manner actually. With an early render and being called “Pets“.
    Capture-19-768x660.png

Now if you go to the same link it shows Cats & Dogs, confirming that it was a placeholder and they have been right. (See how it still says “Domaci Mazlicci“ instead of “Psi a kocky“?)
    https://www.film-game.cz/the-sims-4-domaci-mazlicci-pc,1002729.html
    a256aFi.gif
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    f9ilid.jpg

2uiixqq.jpg

:( It looked convincing, though..

Forgive me for being off topic but over $300 for Laundry day!?? WOW!

That's not just for Laundry Day, it's for the full collection of expansions, gamepacks, etc. shown above. You just can't see them in the pic, lol.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    f9ilid.jpg

2uiixqq.jpg

That's not just for Laundry Day, it's for the full collection of expansions, gamepacks, etc. shown above. You just can't see them in the pic, lol.

Has anyone experience of buying from this site? I hope nobody there has pre-ordered as they don't seem very trustworthy from EA's own advertising guidelines.
  • Sally1502Sally1502 Posts: 258 Member
    I just noticed that for some reason they changed the title of the potentially leaked DLC from “Tropical Paradise” to “Island Paradise” on both the cover art and in the text on Instant Gaming.

Dunno if that means anything but I do find it interesting...
  • TomaTeriTomaTeri Posts: 61 Member
    [quote="Sally1502;c-17066688"]I just noticed that for some reason they changed the title of the potentially leaked DLC from “Tropical Paradise” to “Island Paradise” on both the cover art and in the text on [i]Instant Gaming[/i].

Dunno if that means anything but I do find it interesting...[/quote]

That's actually an interesting discovery. We will see what it means.
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    Sally1502 wrote: »
    I just noticed that for some reason they changed the title of the potentially leaked DLC from “Tropical Paradise” to “Island Paradise” on both the cover art and in the text on Instant Gaming.

The Sims 3 Expansion was also called Island Paradise, they wouldn't give two expansions the same name.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    f9ilid.jpg

2uiixqq.jpg

OH duh nevermind, still I got a chuckle thinking that was for one pack.
  • IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

The Sims 3 Expansion was also called Island Paradise, they wouldn't give two expansions the same name.

TS2 Seasons, TS3 Seasons and TS4 Seasons.

You’re right. But seasons are... seasons. There are many names for a tropical holiday pack.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited May 2019

You’re right. But seasons are... seasons. There are many names for a tropical holiday pack.

Yeah also they would never name it Island Paradise because people would compare it to Sims 3. Island Paradise clearly made use of the open world, with houseboats that can navigate everywhere, hidden islands you could find by exploring the open map and diving spots around the world.

They could never recreate Island Paradise in Sims 4, since there is no open world. People would complain that they can‘t move the houseboats around the world.

That‘s why they need to focus on different things like hula dancing or surfing for example, since these things were not in Island Paradise.
    a256aFi.gif
  • TomaTeriTomaTeri Posts: 61 Member
    [quote="FreezerBunnyCowplant;c-17066863"][quote="Irdiwen;c-17066776"][quote="Sigzy05;c-17066735"][quote="Irdiwen;c-17066706"][quote="Sally1502;c-17066688"]I just noticed that for some reason they changed the title of the potentially leaked DLC from “Tropical Paradise” to “Island Paradise” on both the cover art and in the text on [i]Instant Gaming[/i].

Dunno if that means anything but I do find it interesting...[/quote]

The Sims 3 Expansion was also called Island Paradise, they wouldn't give two expansions the same name.[/quote]

TS2 Seasons, TS3 Seasons and TS4 Seasons.[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah also they would never name it Island Paradise because people would compare it to Sims 3. Island Paradise clearly made use of the open world, with houseboats that can navigate everywhere, hidden islands you could find by exploring the open map and diving spots around the world.

They could never recreate Island Paradise in Sims 4, since there is no open world. People would complain that they can‘t move the houseboats around the world.

That‘s why they need to focus on different things like hula dancing or surfing for example, since these things were not in Island Paradise.[/quote]

But you never know really. I remember when Cats&dogs leaked and everyone thought it was fake because they considered the name to be lame :D so who knows, we will see. Either way, I'm excited to see what is coming!
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2019

That‘s why they need to focus on different things like hula dancing or surfing for example, since these things were not in Island Paradise.

There was windsurfing in Island Paradise. I think either way the packs will get compared, so there's no point in stressing over that aspect. Naming it Tropical Paradise or Tropical Vacation or Tiki Paradise makes no difference.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    While I was hoping for a university type pack, this will be a welcome addition. Island Paradise is one if my favs in the Sims 3. I just hope that this pack will offer the same things that pack does. ie... boats, resorts and mermaids.
    In addition if this is true I do hope for swimable oceans, watersports like surfing and volleyball, sand castles, and tanning and much more...
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    leetamme wrote: »
    While I was hoping for a university type pack, this will be a welcome addition. Island Paradise is one if my favs in the Sims 3. I just hope that this pack will offer the same things that pack does. ie... boats, resorts and mermaids.
    In addition if this is true I do hope for swimable oceans, watersports like surfing and volleyball, sand castles, and tanning and much more...

I don't think they can do as much as what that EP did in TS4.

However, for this type of pack they definitely need to focus on the beach and swimmable oceans, hotels and water activities which have been the most requested features when it comes to the theme.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1