Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What new expansion pack idea are you into ?

Comments

• TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    I'm not really into any of those ideas, I guess I just don't have the confidence in the devs to pull it off in a way that isn't broken out of the box, or interesting for more than a few hours of gameplay. As long as it's not another Strangerville with a linear story I'll think about buying it.

I just really hope that whatever it is we get more than one career or one small world out of it.
  • GorgeoiousGorgeoious Posts: 118 Member
    I voted for my most favorite one, but I would like to see them all in the game except the supernatural.
  • ZussageZussage Posts: 141 Member
    I voted for tropical beach themed because I want way more water interactions and swimming expanded, but I think occult players need a bone. All they have is vampires, and strangerville and aliens are sort of in that category, but to a much lesser extent. If they did a tropical one and added a mermaid life state -fleshing it out like the did vampires so they aren't as flimsy as they were in TS3, I think that would be a great way to give something for multiple people to enjoy. Both occult focused players and realistic players can benefit from that. I know witches are more demanded then mermaids, but it makes sense to release a tropical/beach expansion for the summer. They could give mermaids magic too, and have different paths to take (like an evil siren or a benevolent mermaid, just like the vampires GP). There is so much you could do with it, you could even add an underwater lot type to build a mermaid house. For normal sims you could add scuba diving interactions, surfing, beaches... lots of potential! Obviously they couldn't add beaches to the other maps, but that's expected. Going forward though, maybe they could be more purposeful about adding beach spots to newer maps?

Personally, I think theres enough stuff to make a tropical themed EP, where as the other occult stuff is better as GP. People who don't like the occults can keep it out of their game, and those who do like them can look forward to their favourite occults getting better treatment individually, with more fleshed out features and expanded ideas (Vampires worked great this way). In an ideal world, I'd love to see expansions rolling out like this:

June 2019 - Tropical themed EP, that includes a map with swimable beaches and more water sports, as well as a new developed life state for mermaids. Just in time for summer!

September 2019 - Education themed EP, similar to university, that matches with the "back-to-school" season. Could add things like boarding schools, college dorms, etc.

November 2019 - Witches GP, for release around Halloween, where it introduces witches/wizards as a life state.

2020 - A farming EP, focusing on going "off the grid" and living away from the big city. Could add horses!
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    Zussage wrote: »
    I voted for tropical beach themed because I want way more water interactions and swimming expanded, but I think occult players need a bone. All they have is vampires, and strangerville and aliens are sort of in that category, but to a much lesser extent. If they did a tropical one and added a mermaid life state -fleshing it out like the did vampires so they aren't as flimsy as they were in TS3, I think that would be a great way to give something for multiple people to enjoy. Both occult focused players and realistic players can benefit from that. I know witches are more demanded then mermaids, but it makes sense to release a tropical/beach expansion for the summer. They could give mermaids magic too, and have different paths to take (like an evil siren or a benevolent mermaid, just like the vampires GP). There is so much you could do with it, you could even add an underwater lot type to build a mermaid house. For normal sims you could add scuba diving interactions, surfing, beaches... lots of potential! Obviously they couldn't add beaches to the other maps, but that's expected. Going forward though, maybe they could be more purposeful about adding beach spots to newer maps?

Personally, I think theres enough stuff to make a tropical themed EP, where as the other occult stuff is better as GP. People who don't like the occults can keep it out of their game, and those who do like them can look forward to their favourite occults getting better treatment individually, with more fleshed out features and expanded ideas (Vampires worked great this way). In an ideal world, I'd love to see expansions rolling out like this:

June 2019 - Tropical themed EP, that includes a map with swimable beaches and more water sports, as well as a new developed life state for mermaids. Just in time for summer!

September 2019 - Education themed EP, similar to university, that matches with the "back-to-school" season. Could add things like boarding schools, college dorms, etc.

November 2019 - Witches GP, for release around Halloween, where it introduces witches/wizards as a life state.

2020 - A farming EP, focusing on going "off the grid" and living away from the big city. Could add horses!

I agree with this 100%! Just one thing, the SimGurus said that there would be one EP, one GP, and one SP in the next 6 months and that leads to October so the release of the Education-themed pack would probably not be in September. What I would say is November?
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    I like the ones that flesh out ordinary life: there's a reason the first pack I bought was Parenthood.
  • ZussageZussage Posts: 141 Member
    [quote="suzyl3;c-17064933"]
    I agree with this 100%! Just one thing, the SimGurus said that there would be one EP, one GP, and one SP in the next 6 months and that leads to October so the release of the Education-themed pack would probably not be in September. What I would say is November?[/quote]
    Yeah, I read about that after I made this post XD. Ideally then, I'd have an Education themed EP come out in November and a Witch/wizard GP come out early October instead. As for a SP, it would be kinda cool if they did like, a tiny house pack! I've seen tiny house builds become very popular and it would be neat if they started making functional furniture deliberately smaller and combined items: like a toilet/shower stall, bunk beds, couch/bed combo, a fridge/stove combo, sliding doors etc. You could also include clothing items and decor that meshed with a farmer vibe that people seem to want: very country attire mixed in with some hippie stuff. Doesn't matter to me do much when it would get released, maybe shortly after a tropical EP release? Then players could build their little
    Tiny houses by the beach as a sort of vacation home or live out their fantasies as "off the grid" simmers looking for a quiet, simple life.

That being said, all of this was my "ideal" wants that I think would be the most beneficial to everyone. I don't know if they'd release two EP in one year, it seems a bit of a stretch even though they have in past (2018 having two, with one in June and another in November which is ironically the same months as my ideal timeline for this year). If not this year, I'd like to see an education themed EP released early 2020. I personally have no desire for one, never liked universities in TS3, but I do think it is an integral part of a realistic simulation game play experience over something like farming. I can see why the demand is there for it. And, as I said before, occult players deserve something, and I think they deserve it before the end of the year. A GP devoted to an occult life state seems very doable compared to an EP, and would give them the opportunity to do it well and devote the attention to it that it deserves.
    edited May 2019
    suzyl3 wrote: »
    I agree with this 100%! Just one thing, the SimGurus said that there would be one EP, one GP, and one SP in the next 6 months and that leads to October so the release of the Education-themed pack would probably not be in September. What I would say is November?
    Yeah, I read about that after I made this post XD. Ideally then, I'd have an Education themed EP come out in November and a Witch/wizard GP come out early October instead. As for a SP, it would be kinda cool if they did like, a tiny house pack! I've seen tiny house builds become very popular and it would be neat if they started making functional furniture deliberately smaller and combined items: like a toilet/shower stall, bunk beds, couch/bed combo, a fridge/stove combo, sliding doors etc. You could also include clothing items and decor that meshed with a farmer vibe that people seem to want: very country attire mixed in with some hippie stuff. Doesn't matter to me do much when it would get released, maybe shortly after a tropical EP release? Then players could build their little
    Tiny houses by the beach as a sort of vacation home or live out their fantasies as "off the grid" simmers looking for a quiet, simple life.

That being said, all of this was my "ideal" wants that I think would be the most beneficial to everyone. I don't know if they'd release two EP in one year, it seems a bit of a stretch even though they have in past (2018 having two, with one in June and another in November which is ironically the same months as my ideal timeline for this year). If not this year, I'd like to see an education themed EP released early 2020. I personally have no desire for one, never liked universities in TS3, but I do think it is an integral part of a realistic simulation game play experience over something like farming. I can see why the demand is there for it. And, as I said before, occult players deserve something, and I think they deserve it before the end of the year. A GP devoted to an occult life state seems very doable compared to an EP, and would give them the opportunity to do it well and devote the attention to it that it deserves.

I would love tiny homes!
  • PandySimsPandySims Posts: 55 Member
    I would love to have travelling, new locations. that sounds nice
    Follow me on youtube to see my newest speed building:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjGtR3A3HUFnPGPuJPF-Z8g?view_as=subscriber
    Thanks for your support! <3
    So I was on Iron Seagull's video and someone commented that they saw an expansion called "Tropical Paradise" on InstantGaming, and it's real! Here's the link:

https://instant-gaming.com/en/4624-buy-key-origin-the-sims-4-tropical-paradise/
  • PlumbobMafiaQueenPlumbobMafiaQueen Posts: 147 Member
    suzyl3 wrote: »

Tiny houses by the beach sound like paradise :D That would be a nice feature! Some different coloured houses as well for example in Cuba there are pastel houses (not tiny) or seaside type of homes. Farming could be amazing and possibly a game pack. I think the build and buy mode items and cas items would have to be a different style though and not that rustic and maybe a different type of country style as Laundry day stuff already introduced some of that style.

Oh and of course basic items we need anyway are Bunk beds, loft beds (bunk type beds but only one bed on top with room underneath), ladders, sofa bed, small wardrobes to fit under loft bed etc <3
    The description for the pack is fake, copied and pasted from another Sims Forum discussion. HOWEVER, I believe that they're just PLACEHOLDERS for until the pack is officially announced and then they'll update them to the real ones.
  • AmavariAmavari Posts: 167 Member
    Supernatural/fantasy
    But I will say again just to sound like a broken record that they could pretty easily combine farming with a fantasy/supernatural setting or vice versa, like being able to do rituals and the like for a good harvest--- as well as being able to make a fae or elf character.

Then you could either farm the normal mundane way or do so the magical way with each having its own drawbacks and advantages (like.. doing nature magic drawing in supernatural problems, dark magic soil corruption that you have to clear away with light magic, etc, or pests getting on your crops for the normal farming method)

I'd honestly buy farming just for horses admittedly, but it's difficult not to be biased..
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    All??
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Amavari wrote: »
    Supernatural/fantasy
    But I will say again just to sound like a broken record that they could pretty easily combine farming with a fantasy/supernatural setting or vice versa, like being able to do rituals and the like for a good harvest--- as well as being able to make a fae or elf character.

Then you could either farm the normal mundane way or do so the magical way with each having its own drawbacks and advantages (like.. doing nature magic drawing in supernatural problems, dark magic soil corruption that you have to clear away with light magic, etc, or pests getting on your crops for the normal farming method)

I'd honestly buy farming just for horses admittedly, but it's difficult not to be biased..

No way. I don't want something boring like farming impeding on my supernaturals.
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited June 2019
    - comment removed by user -
    Post edited by EnjoyfulSimmer on
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    In my current save I most want to add witches, with university possibly a close second depending on what they do with it.
  • RedSunBluesRedSunBlues Posts: 143 Member
    wrenstales wrote: »
    I would like supernatural mixed with beach, country pack. Play some as witches. Wizards, fairies and elf etc . Each occult with location base. Witches based on a beach, fair ground. Faries in forrest, wizards in the mountains.

I was thinking of a mixed pack too but for university and beaches. Maybe it could be a school focusing on marine studies and also have a partying aspect. My cousin went to college in Miami so I'm imagining something like that. Could be awesome but id still rather them be seperate.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    I went with Farming, but I would also like to a pack with ocean swimming. A tropical world would be nice if the pack was a home world as well as offering hotels to stay in. A hotel lot would be nice to put in any town. I now just use bar/nightclub/lounge lots with a bedroom for make do motels but would love to see real motel lots, I would also like to see witches/magic, and maybe a traveling pack with cars, yachts etc.
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I went with Farming, but I would also like to a pack with ocean swimming. A tropical world would be nice if the pack was a home world as well as offering hotels to stay in. A hotel lot would be nice to put in any town. I now just use bar/nightclub/lounge lots with a bedroom for make do motels but would love to see real motel lots, I would also like to see witches/magic, and maybe a traveling pack with cars, yachts etc.

Exactly vacation destinations should be a option to live in. Selvadorada is so nice but you can only have vacations there :'(
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    I want a Supernatural EP and Uni EP I crave for more fantasy and I want university
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
    Because I'm not a occult type of gal I'm a bit scared to get packs that have supernatrual as it probably spread tp the other worlds and what if my sim gets turned into a vampire from the vampire gp :o
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Because I'm not a occult type of gal I'm a bit scared to get packs that have supernatrual as it probably spread tp the other worlds and what if my sim gets turned into a vampire from the vampire gp :o

That doesn't happen. YOU have to do it yourself.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • ElizabethMcElizabethMc Posts: 103 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »

Yeah, it's a real big pain in the plum.
    51933350_10157123903496029_4290593889716273152_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQm2LuB9LApTdQSKlxPj0cx6XqQg9IesqTg0FX_Cs5sogqyRjcisK6oNSbsY0N0_9lwt4vNOYOiUqMNjNLvZACdN&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=6ab7359b62d930c33633ffd719730e38&oe=5D5F18F9
    Check out my Random Sims Skills Generator and more.
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited May 2019
    Supernatural. Two years since we've had one. It's time we get one.

Vacation Simmers, Party Simmers, and Family Play Simmers got more love than Supernatural Simmers who have to rely on mods for everything. Its about time we got some love. Even if we only got one more Game Pack on Supernaturals I rather have that then nothing at all. Even Sims 1 had more than Sims 4!
    Anmirla wrote: »

Yeah, it's a real big pain in the plum.

Fun fact with MC Command Center you can change this so if a vampire bites you, you can get a chance of turning. So risk reward for vampires needing to feed on mortal Sims, makes the game more unpredictable and that's something Sims 4 needs is less straight to the point linearity.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1