Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Possible Leak - Next Expansion Tropical Paradise.

Comments

• Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    This kind of leak is exactly what I have been waiting to see. A leak of some kind seems to drop just before EA makes an official announcement. This does not surprise me one little bit. The same thing happened last year before EA made an 'early' announcement about Seasons a couple weeks before EA Play. And I think that leak came from a European gamesite as well. This is a common occurance whenever we get close to EA releasing a new pack of any kind. A couple of those leaks were wrong, I might add. But the others were not. The fact there is a placeholder for the new pack on a site that sells games, is very interesting. The information InstantGaming released was basically a copy/paste of a post from a discussion here in the forums, so I am less inclined to believe they have given us a scoop. However, Gamesync has the better reputation for reporting correct news on upcoming titles. Since both sites are based in Europe, they are not held to the same laws and restrictions on releasing information about future game releases as sites here in the US are, so that is why we see these supposed 'leaks'. In reality, the sites are simply updating, getting ready for EA to announce their upcoming pack so these sites can begin the process of taking pre-orders.

But, holy heck, I am having a hard time keeping my excitement in check until we get the official EA nod. I have no doubt there is a teaser trailer sitting in a locked drawer somewhere just waiting to be released for us to view and dissect for info. And the waiting continues.

• SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Its rumor, yes, but it wouldnt be the first time images of unreleased packs on foreign sites got leaked and then a EP released several months after.

Its a bit strange they arent doing University before doing this, thats if its true. But I have been wanting a tropical world, NOT as a vacation destination, but as someplace sims live .

A university pack would be good for september not the start of summer, after school.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    There's also a rumor that its University. But, for all we know, it could include a ton of Supernaturals, something I'd also be very happy about.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited May 2019
    I wasnt really interested if that tropical pd is true and if it's just yet another vacation destination that I mostly forget.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    It would make sense for this type of release now instead of university. It’s about to be summer so beach, island, hot weather like activities make a ton of sense marketing wise. There is a chance for an ep in October/November since their six months of content didn’t reach that far. That to me personally would make way more sense for university time wise since people will be in school and currently a lot are either out or almost out of school (college I mean). I’d be happy with either, I would have love island paradise if the world wasn’t so laggy because in itself it was really cool (diving, mermaids, owning a hotel, etc). Island paradise was a fan favorite sims 3 and one of seen requested a lot so I could see them doing it again or something like it for sims 4. Of course it won’t be exactly the same but the theme itself would be really cool. I’d be excited for it.

Honestly whatever comes out I’ll be excited. I’m just looking forward to new content and I enjoy the sims 4. I’m hoping for an announcement soon anyway since we are supposed to be getting a chunk of content by September. Maybe in the next couple weeks 🤞🏻.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    @Simpkin I agree. If the leak proves to be correct, I think the next expansion will be the University EP and will be released in November in time for the holiday sales push.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member
    I just wanted the ability to swim in the ocean at a beach, they didn't have to do an expansion pack for that. I hope if it is an expansion pack that they give the surfer the ability to fall into the jaws of a Great White Shark because I am kind of pizzed off right now.

Or a Tiger Shark since Tiger Sharks attack more surfers then Great Whites do.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I would much rather have a university expansion over another holiday expansion. I'm kinda hoping it's not true although I'm sure I will enjoy it still if it does turn out to be true.
    It seems like it's fake and I'm glad it is. I wouldn't mind a tropical EP with beaches and all that, but we sort of got a tropical vacation world a year ago. I'm hoping for something different (cough, university or farming, cough).

Yes but that was jungles vs beaches.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    It would be fitting considering it's almost summer vacation time. I can't say if I'd be excited for it or not until I know the features though. Hopefully we'll know if it's real or not soon.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    So the big features of the next expansion pack are a lounge chair and a surf station? Absolutely ridiculous. That aside the key features make this sound like a game pack.

We don't even know all the features and the description is fake, although the pack listing is real. Don't jump to conclusions with no info.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited May 2019
    mika wrote: »
    So the big features of the next expansion pack are a lounge chair and a surf station? Absolutely ridiculous. That aside the key features make this sound like a game pack.

We don't even know all the features and the description is fake, although the pack listing is real. Don't jump to conclusions with no info.

At the time of my post the description wasn’t listed as fake in the original post? By all means my conclusions were based on the information that was presented at the time. Maybe take that into consideration before hopping down someone’s throat over their opinion.

ETA: there’s still nothing in the OP that says the description is fake so get outta here with the attacking plz and thank you.
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    Eh I would enjoy it but I was hoping university would be next.
    caitytrina.png
  • MaddieplaysgamesMaddieplaysgames Posts: 125 Member
    edited May 2019
    Some really tea, look like I'm gonna for a swim
  • doedeardoedear Posts: 303 Member
    we need some swimmable world so i welcome this
    edited May 2019
    For people who are worried about hotels not being in this pack if it's a home world Isla Pardiso in TS3 was a home world and had resorts aka hotels so I think regardless if it's a destination world or a home world it will come with hotels. I just hope they don't restrict hotels/resorts to this world if it's a destination world. In TS3 we could put them in any world. I'm sure though modders will enable that if the game won't.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    I read they got their info from this forum.

This.
    The "pack description" is an exact copy from a forum post made in March, from people talking about what they wanted to see in the next EP.

So, I wouldn't jump on the hype train just yet.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • TheMagnoliaTheMagnolia Posts: 174 Member
    JC1979 wrote: »
    Hmm @TheMagnolia maybe, but I would think we would get some clue by now what would be coming out since it is mid May and the latest expansion should be out by mid June. @babajayne I hope it’s true too, although it seems like most are waiting for a university pack which would be equally awesome, but if it is a tropical paradise pack I’m not complaining.

It’s not true, they lifted the entire description from a speculation thread.
  • Adria22Adria22 Posts: 16 Member
    Oh boy I really hope it's not true! I need something for everyday style of play + witches of course. I would love school themed expansion. Island paradise is just another off road to do once and go back to bland family play. I really need some more progression for my kids and teens.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,934 Member
    I don't know. Even though it's listed as an expansion pack, I've got a feeling that it's actually a game pack.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited May 2019
    suzyl3 wrote: »
    These features are just from another convo on the Sims Forums, but the leak is real. My theory is that the cover art and description are PLACEHOLDERS until the official announcement and then they'll change them to the real ones.

Exactly. They probably googled Sims 4 Tropical Paradise and found the post on the forums and thought it was official information, since nothing in the post said that it was his own ideas.
    a256aFi.gif
    I hope hula dancing is a thing in the pack.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I do hope they explore other tropical locales too. Hawaii is the stereotypical beach paradise, but there are lots of other places to explore
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • WispyeWispye Posts: 141 Member
    i hope we can swim in the ocean
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I do hope they explore other tropical locales too. Hawaii is the stereotypical beach paradise, but there are lots of other places to explore

Yes like the Caiman Islands or Sandales.