Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC help?

KydiamondKydiamond Posts: 143 Member
Okay, so recently I've decided to add mods/cc to my Sims 4 game (I've had them before but deleted them). So I went on a *small* downloading spree of both mods and cc. My mods seem to work fine and pop up at the begining of the loading screen. After I downloaded the cc though, the first time I got on the sims they didnt show up (didnt show they were downloaded or in CAS). So I was like okay... and I got off the sims to reload it. Now it doesnt even load and its just a white screen. Like it says "The Sims 4" title screen or whatever, but then it goes to a white screen with the basic music in the background. After a while Im pretty sure it loads to the begining screen because Im able to scroll my mouse over clickible options, but I still cant see it (its still white)

Is there any suggestions on what I should do. I'd really like for my CC to work, but I'd like for my Sims game to work more. (( I recently redownloaded the sims game because I was having the same white screen problem before I even downloaded the mods/cc))

Comments

• Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    @rosemow can you help?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Delete the cache files
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/
    Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.

• Options
    Thanks @rosemow!
  • Options
    KydiamondKydiamond Posts: 143 Member
    Okay!! Thanks so much I'll try this, hopefully it works! :)
  • Options
    HowdyChirrenHowdyChirren Posts: 3 New Member
    @rosemow My problem with the cc is that I keep clicking 'enable custom content and mods' under game options, then I close out of the game. I go back in and the box doesn't have a check in it anymore. Do you think you could help with this??
  • Options
    @rosemow My problem with the cc is that I keep clicking 'enable custom content and mods' under game options, then I close out of the game. I go back in and the box doesn't have a check in it anymore. Do you think you could help with this??

Hello @HowdyChirren
    Try moving the options or options,ini file from your sims 4 folder to the desktop. Load the game, go to game options and enable the settings. Then exit the game. Then go back in again and see if the issue remains.
  • Options
    HowdyChirrenHowdyChirren Posts: 3 New Member
    Okay! I will try this, thank you!
  • Options
    ruby0321ruby0321 Posts: 4 New Member
    Hey! So I have custom content that has worked and I added a bunch of new CC and none of it showed up. The original CC showed up but none of the new CC. I have a resource.cfg file and I have through orgin repaired my game. I have no idea what to do!
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Is it possible you have two Mods folders? This sometimes happens if you have One Drive. Make sure all of your CC are in this folder progression:
    This PC>Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 4>Mods

If you have a Mods folder on One Drive, go ahead and delete it once everything has been moved to the correct folder. You can check for duplicate Mods folders by typing Mods into your search bar for your computer.
  • Options
    > @Bananas_45 said:
    > Is it possible you have two Mods folders? This sometimes happens if you have One Drive. Make sure all of your CC are in this folder progression:
    > This PC>Documents>Electronic Arts>The Sims 4>Mods
    >
    > If you have a Mods folder on One Drive, go ahead and delete it once everything has been moved to the correct folder. You can check for duplicate Mods folders by typing Mods into your search bar for your computer.

I do not have One Drive and I could not find a duplicate Mods folder. This is the bar at top : D:\Users\(my name)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods
  • Options
    Also, when I open up Sims 4 it will show the list of mods with the mods I downloaded. Then, when I open CAS it won't show up. I have all the mesh.
  • Options
    ruby0321 wrote: »
    Also, when I open up Sims 4 it will show the list of mods with the mods I downloaded. Then, when I open CAS it won't show up. I have all the mesh.

That is the right folder. Maybe @rosemow can help.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Bananas_45 wrote: »
    ruby0321 wrote: »

That is the right folder. Maybe @rosemow can help.

Hello @ruby0321
    Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game, and a new mods folder will be generated in the sims 4 folder.. Exit the game. Check that a new mods folder has been generated.
    Is a new mods folder generated?
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > Bananas_45 wrote: »
    >
    > ruby0321 wrote: »
    >
    > Also, when I open up Sims 4 it will show the list of mods with the mods I downloaded. Then, when I open CAS it won't show up. I have all the mesh.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > That is the right folder. Maybe @rosemow can help.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @ruby0321
    > Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game, and a new mods folder will be generated in the sims 4 folder.. Exit the game. Check that a new mods folder has been generated.
    > Is a new mods folder generated?

I tried that and it didn't work ;( I'll try some other things
  • Options
    I_like_2_simI_like_2_sim Posts: 5 New Member
    ok new problem. Not all of my sims cc is showing up even though it is all in the folder. some of it is but most of it isnt. any help?
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    ok new problem. Not all of my sims cc is showing up even though it is all in the folder. some of it is but most of it isnt. any help?

You probably have broken mods/CC that need updating. Start here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/960932/broken-updated-mods-cc-island-living-june-2019-patch
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    I_like_2_simI_like_2_sim Posts: 5 New Member
    i don't think so because it wasn't like that 2 days ago. and i also just realised that some of the stuff i have downloaded is showing up on the sim when i randomly generate them but isnt showing up in the cloths selection place. Im clueless at this pls help