Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim State University Mystery Mafia - Mafia Wins!

icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
edited May 2019 in Off Topic Chat
You and your friends were having an awesome time at a party after your first semester in SSU. It had everything your young mind expected from a typical college party: drinks, juice pong, games, and very attractive fellow students.

All of a sudden, the power goes out. Nothing new. But for the first time in your life, you hear a bloodcurdling scream while in the dark. The power goes back on and you see one of the attendees, Curtis, dead on the floor. Who would do such a thing? And why? As you try to get out as soon as you can, you realize that all exits have been blocked. A wave of paranoia washes over everyone, and now it's up to the remaining people to figure out who the culprit could be.

You realize that only 6 of you are left in the room. What happened to everyone else? Are they in on it? Well, whatever. Your goal is to survive this night. It'll be one that you'll remember for the rest of your life...assuming you make it out.

Setup is Crush Nightless

General Things
  • I'm making days 24 hours.
  • Times will be listed in GMT so that people can just add or subtract the hours based on their time zone.
  • No hammers this time :) (i.e. if majority of players vote a person, day won't immediately end)
  • In the case of a tie, whoever reached that amount of votes first is lynched.
  • DON'T EDIT YOUR POSTS

Beginner's Guide
In a basic game of Mafia, there are two basic factions: town and Mafia. There are also two phases: day and night.

During the day, everyone votes someone they would like to lynch. Town-sided players aim to get rid of Mafia. Mafia players aim to avoid getting lynched.

During the night, the Mafia choose a person to kill. Any players who have a power role (PR) can also use their power to help turn the game in their favor.

Other factions may exist and have their own separate win condition, which should be specified either in the setup or in that player's role PM.

The goal of town-sided players is to eliminate the entire Mafia and any other threats to town. The goal of the Mafia is to eliminate townies until the number of living Mafia players equals the number of living townies (i.e. the Mafia control at least 50% of the votes in the game, which makes lynching them impossible).

The format for voting is to bold or capitalize the word "Vote", followed by the player you vote to lynch (e.g. Vote: MJ or VOTE: STEVE). You can change your vote as many times as you want. Discussing among yourselves during the day and persuading others that you're not a threat to town is a key part of the experience. At the end of day, the person with the most votes is lynched and the game moves to the night phase. At night, you are not allowed to speak on-topic because you're supposed to be asleep.

You can claim anything you want, but directly copying and pasting PMs from the host or posting screenshots is not allowed, because the players aren't meant to debate whether the text is consistent with the host's writing style or if the image is doctored. Instead, you should be analyzing what others say and how they say it, and go with your own intuition.

Glossary:
VT - Vanilla townie (townie with no special powers)
PR - Power role (player with a special power; in the case of a Mafia PR, this power is in addition to their ability to kill at night)
LyLo - Lynch or lose (town must lynch correctly in order not to lose; usually this means that town only outnumber the Mafia by 1 person)
MyLo - Mislynch or lose (town loses if they mislynch; the difference between this and LyLo is that choosing not to lynch is still an option; usually this means that town outnumber the Mafia by 2 people)
Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
Post edited by icmnfrsh on

Comments

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited May 2019
    Players
    1. Mouse, Vanilla Townie/Lynch Target, Endgamed
    2. City, Vanilla Townie, Lynched Day 1
    3. Nerd, Mafia Goon, Wins
    4. DeKay, Mafia Godfather, Wins
    5. Bubbz, Vanilla Townie, Endgamed
    6. Sub, Lyncher, Lynched Day 2

Day Links
    Day 1
    Day 2
    Mafia Wins

Final Vote Counts
    Final Vote Count Day 1

DeKay votes Mouse
    Mouse votes DeKay
    Mouse votes Bubbz
    Nerd votes Bubbz
    Nerd votes Sub
    Nerd unvotes
    DeKay votes City
    Nerd votes City

City - DeKay, Nerd
    Bubbz - Mouse
    Final Vote Count Day 2

DeKay votes Sub
    Mouse votes Bubbz
    Nerd votes Bubbz
    Mouse votes Sub
    Nerd unvotes
    Sub votes Mouse
    Mouse votes DeKay
    Nerd votes Sub

Sub - DeKay, Nerd
    Mouse - Sub
    DeKay - Mouse
    Post edited by icmnfrsh on
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
    You may now post

I'm leaning towards a college/university theme, since people are really keen on a university expansion pack

• MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    I’ll join! I still don’t have the University pack but I really want kt
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I will play
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I'll play too. I need something to keep me occupied.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,576 Member
    Meeee.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    Bump. If only 4 players are interested, we'll do a nightless setup

• mysterionzmysterionz Posts: 3,608 Member
    I’ll play
    Oh hamburgers!
    Oooh! I like your new profile pic Bubbz.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    I'm gonna sit this one out if you don't mind, too much uni work :sob:

Once we get to June I'll be able to play more regularly and host the game I've had on hold for months now :joy:
  • TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    I cant play, but I will watch.
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
    I think we won't get a lot more signups. I'll start the game on Thursday. With 5 players, we'll go with a nightless setup

edited May 2019
    Triple

edited May 2019
    Post....

• SubmarineSubmarine Posts: 3,424 Member
    I'll play. :)
    I won Game of the Year in the 2nd annual Scummies Awards!
    eM56lKI.png
    Call me Sub

When’s the game gonna start
    Thursday 4am gmt.
    Not sure if it helps, but thats tonight at 11pm CDT.
    Oh ok
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I won't be active the first bit of the game because it'll be midnight my time
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

I’ll be in bed too
    So will I, hopefully.
    funny-gifs20.gif

Game starts in an hour :)

You said Thursday, it's Wednesday...
    funny-gifs20.gif

You said Thursday, it's Wednesday...

Timezones. When it starts, it will be thursday morning 4am in gmt timezone whereas in CDT, it'll be Wendsday night 11pm.