Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Possible Leak - Next Expansion Tropical Paradise.

Comments

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Can we swim in the oceans yet or nah?

I bet nah...knowing how they constantly tell us how the game can't handle such things such a freakin' snow depth...;)
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    telmarina wrote: »
    EP's usually come with features usable in all worlds, so I hope that if this is true they make all bodies of water swimmable and much much more than what's described.

They would have to change the Maps (the programming ones, not the picture ones) and they have already stated that can not be done to existing worlds.

Ahh that's a bummer. I was hoping so much for that... Let's wait then. I bet they have something special and new prepared for us.
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    It's probably fake but if it has a tropical world you can actually live in - sounds good to me.
  • d0llintestinesd0llintestines Posts: 6 New Member
    I honestly don’t think it’s real - I just googled “is instant gaming trustworthy” and it seems like they’re not. they don’t seem to abide by “normal” trading standards... I’m holding out on this one.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2019
    mika wrote: »
    Hate it. Vacations are boring and I'm so tired of world where it doesn't snow. This is a serious disappointment if it's true.

It snows in every world except Oasis Springs, Del Sol and Strangerville. This is just one GP, there will be others. Relax..

Expansion Pack.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
    edited May 2019
    If the rumor of the theme is true, I think this is a chance for Maxis to redeem themselves after Island Paradise since that world was a mess. However given how TS4 is limited and how EP's often have little content, I worry this EP might not have everything that we want.

I'm hoping for a new vacation world, bigger than the others because I really think we are missing a proper vacation place, for families and honey moons, and I always enjoyed Bon Voyage and taking sims on a break from work, I have even given feedback for improved vacation system many times as well and I wished they'd do something about it. Either way, hopefully it has underwater lots, beaches and hotels, sun bathing and new pool and water activities. And ofc, lounge chairs which have been missing from the BG since forever.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    So rumor has it.....Tropical Paradise expansion pack?!?! Sounds like something interesting, just hope its not a vacation world.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    At what cost will you be willing to get what you want? With Get Famous in mind and the small number of lots, lets speculate on how many lots "Tropical Paradise" will have based on the features you want added.

Tropical Paradise = 20 Lots

Ocean swimming - 2 lots (- = minus)
    Diving - 2 additional lots
    Surfing/machine - 2 lots
    Tanning - 2 lots
    Hotels -5 lots
    Merfolk - 5 lots

That leaves 2 lots to build on.
    At what cost will you be willing to get what you want? With Get Famous in mind and the small number of lots, lets speculate on how many lots "Tropical Paradise" will have based on the features you want added.

Surfing/machine - 2 lots
    Tanning - 2 lots
    Hotels -5 lots
    Merfolk - 5 lots

Ocean swimming would be world related not inside a lot. Like in TS3, but you can have a lot on the beach though, like a bar or something. And you'd be able to demolish and build in all of the lots except maybe the underwater ones which would probably have some restrictions.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    Its rumor, yes, but it wouldnt be the first time images of unreleased packs on foreign sites got leaked and then a EP released several months after.

Its a bit strange they arent doing University before doing this, thats if its true. But I have been wanting a tropical world, NOT as a vacation destination, but as someplace sims live .
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Surfing/machine - 2 lots
    Tanning - 2 lots
    Hotels -5 lots
    Merfolk - 5 lots

Ocean swimming would be world related not inside a lot. Like in TS3, but you can have a lot on the beach though, like a bar or something. And you'd be able to demolish and build in all of the lots except maybe the underwater ones which would probably have some restrictions.

The idea of my list, and I apologize because I did not make this clear, is that every world has a maximum set number of lots, but every big ticket item like ocean swimming, takes a certain number of those lots away. Get Famous has a lot of game play with all the sets, build/buy stuff, CAS and the acting career but it came with only a handful of lots in an EP world.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I hope it’s true! Even if it’s just a destination world, I think that would be perfect. When people go on vacation, do they rave about how they’re going camping in the woods? Or exploring a jungle? Not where I am from. They go to Aruba, Hawaii, Saint Lucia, THE ISLANDS. At least 95% of them do, when they brag about it on social media.

I thought the original Sims Vacation was super fun and haven’t had the same experience since. And they could do so much more with it now. Bring it on!!

(I’ll also take University tho)
  • ZussageZussage Posts: 141 Member
    [quote="Dannydanbo;c-17065925"]At what cost will you be willing to get what you want? With Get Famous in mind and the small number of lots, lets speculate on how many lots "Tropical Paradise" will have based on the features you want added.

Surfing/machine - 2 lots
    Tanning - 2 lots
    Hotels -5 lots
    Merfolk - 5 lots

That leaves 2 lots to build on.[/quote]

I like this, I'd play it tons personally. But then again, I'm weird and like the lot system over open world. Open world was just so glitchy and lagging for me, I kinda prefer the contained lots.
  • TheMagnoliaTheMagnolia Posts: 174 Member
    I read they got their info from this forum.
    edited May 2019
    If it is a Tropical Paradise EP I hope they finally patch curved pool and fountain shapes into the BG.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    If it is a Tropical Paradise EP I hope they finally patch curved pool and fountain shapes into the BG.
    What about diving boards? Please don’t say we already got diving platforms, cause they are not bouncy!
  • JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    Hmm @TheMagnolia maybe, but I would think we would get some clue by now what would be coming out since it is mid May and the latest expansion should be out by mid June. @babajayne I hope it’s true too, although it seems like most are waiting for a university pack which would be equally awesome, but if it is a tropical paradise pack I’m not complaining.
    Hoping for a Surf music station like in TS2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZFcrg5fcg4
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    doogerie wrote: »
    this is probly the GP thay were talking about a few weeks ago we h ave a stuff pack a GP and an EP planed

It better not be. Witches better be the GP.

Both listings say that it is an Expansion Pack.
    These features are just from another convo on the Sims Forums, but the leak is real. My theory is that the cover art and description are PLACEHOLDERS until the official announcement and then they'll change them to the real ones.
    What if the description is fake but the pack isn’t? The other site that listed it doesn’t offer any description. The first site has leaked before bundles

Yeha that's what I think. The description and cover art are vague since they're PLACEHOLDERS until EA officially announces it and then they'll update it. Remember when Cats and Dogs leaked on one of these websites? It had a fan-made cover and then when the pack was officially announced, they changed it to the official one. I think that that's the case here as well.
    Is it wrong to hope Tropical Paradise comes with parrot pets in it? :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    IF... if it is true and the next expansion pack. I'm hoping they'll have the diving skill, being able to go swimming in deep waters and snorkeling, and being able to see all kinds of tropical fish, sea horses, dolphins, sharks, turtles, etc... and comb for sea-shells. I loved Island Paradise.

But...I'd have to wait and see because from that description it doesn't look like that's what they'd be focusing on this time around. :( I'll wait to see if this is true. Though previous 'leaks' have been true, so.... :x Not sure what to think. The description is too vague, even if it is the next expansion pack. So, I'll hold off on "being" disappointed. Not really disappointed about the theme. I feel we could use more family activities and single Sim activities to do in the sun and maybe this will bring swimmable oceans. (:
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Is it wrong to hope Tropical Paradise comes with parrot pets in it? :p
    I'd love this. And maybe hermit crabs, starfish and seahorses, too.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017