Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Freezing to Death

GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
edited May 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Not to keep beating a dead horse, but I'm getting really tired of sims freezing to death because they are to slow to stay in winter wear when it's cold outside. I really wish they would find a fix for this ASAP and patch it in. :(

I just had to exit without saving because 2 of my other playable sims just froze to death.
epngF25.png
It's up to Nancy!
My YouTube!

Comments

• TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    Ugh I'm surprised this is still an issue :( How dumb. Sorry to hear you've had to deal with that :( I know it's so dumb that they don't change their clothes when they come inside from certain weather. Like come on take your winter gear off in house! I also hate traveling somewhere and see NPCs around in the wrong weather gear. I avoid any events during winter because I don't want to see or trigger dumb NPC deaths. I don't want to shut off the thing where Sims don't get influenced by the weather because where is the fun in that? But everyone dying because of a BIG oversight is no fun :(
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited May 2019
    Well if you're admittedly going to beat a dead horse, you may as well do it in the right place. The AHQ thread for this only has two people claiming to have this issue. I have not personally seen it ever since the patch where they said they fixed it.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-S-Sims-freezing-overheating-due-to-wrong-outfit/m-p/7286986#M80806
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    @Cupid, guess you're a lucky one. Me, not so much. Honestly, this issue hasn't been fixed for me at all. And I know it's not mods either, since I've played a vanilla game and still getting the same thing. So since this is the feedback section am I not allowed to post my feedback here? *seriously, is confused lol*

Also, anyone else having this issue still I did find a mod that will (hopefully) address the issue until we (hopefully) get a fix for it: Sims change outfit when hot or cold: https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/mods-fuer-jahreszeiten/, it's a bit down on the page but I just plopped it into my game. Hoping that it works!
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    So since this is the feedback section am I not allowed to post my feedback here? *seriously, is confused lol*
    You're allowed to do as you please, I'm just redirecting you to the only place where bug complaints even slightly matter. It's not helping very much that only two people have reported the bug.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    If it’s any help to you, in the settings you can turn weather effects on sims off. No more freezing to death!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
    edited May 2019
    Cupid wrote: »
    So since this is the feedback section am I not allowed to post my feedback here? *seriously, is confused lol*
    You're allowed to do as you please, I'm just redirecting you to the only place where bug complaints even slightly matter. It's not helping very much that only two people have reported the bug.

Cool! I'll post over there as well. And there seems to be quit a few who are still having this issue. I also reported my issue to the gurus on twitter a few months ago. Also, side note. After the most recent patch, when I load up my game and come to the main loading screen. I get a pop up saying that there is no cd located. Yet I have a digital copy. Has that happened to anyone else?
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

AriaMad2 wrote: »
    If it’s any help to you, in the settings you can turn weather effects on sims off. No more freezing to death!

Yup, I can use that option, but the fact is I thought sims were supposed to be smart enough to know that they are cold, switch into winter clothing. lol I guess in my game they aren't.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• GorgeoiousGorgeoious Posts: 118 Member
    If any of my sims froze to death, I would be tempted to quit playing the game. One way to avoid this is purchasing "acclimated to cold" or something like that in the trait reward store. What really bothers me is how without that trait, they have to wear winter coats in the house. Toddlers can't earn rewards points, so they're not protected with this trait. Seriously, who walks around their house all day in their winter gear? I hope they change/fix that.
    Thanks for that tip! But the mod that I mentioned is working for me! yay! \0/ No frozen sims since I placed it in my game.

Also, if you aren't apposed to mods, I believe Little Ms Sam has a mod that stops your sims from wearing the winter outerwear indoors when the heat is on. I'm like 95% sure it's by her. lol I have it in my game and it works.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I have been able to save a sim I wasn't controlling by having another sim dash over and friendly ask to see their winter wear outfit lol. But yeah sooooo many sims died in the winter in my game
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    My sim got invited to a lampoon party during winter and the guests kept going inside and out and several of them froze to death. Yup, it was the same sim who got invited to a lampoon party during the summer at a venue that had fireplaces going and a bunch died there too.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    Well if you're admittedly going to beat a dead horse, you may as well do it in the right place. The AHQ thread for this only has two people claiming to have this issue. I have not personally seen it ever since the patch where they said they fixed it.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-S-Sims-freezing-overheating-due-to-wrong-outfit/m-p/7286986#M80806

Same here. Not having the issue since the fix.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I have been seeing weird issues like my sim overheating while working out inside. Temperature is cold outside and the heat is on. I have run into this at the gym too. It is really random and I have been trying to pin down what is triggering it before calling it a bug. I thought they added immunity to the athletic wear but who knows.
    I'm calling it a glitch still since I'm not the only one still having it, and others are reporting on having it still as well. Plus, finding that mod this fixes the issue for now. If no one was still having it then there wouldn't have been a reason to make a hot fix mod for the issue.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited May 2019
    @Cupid, guess you're a lucky one. Me, not so much. Honestly, this issue hasn't been fixed for me at all. And I know it's not mods either, since I've played a vanilla game and still getting the same thing. So since this is the feedback section am I not allowed to post my feedback here? *seriously, is confused lol*

Also, anyone else having this issue still I did find a mod that will (hopefully) address the issue until we (hopefully) get a fix for it: Sims change outfit when hot or cold: https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/mods-fuer-jahreszeiten/, it's a bit down on the page but I just plopped it into my game. Hoping that it works!

You can turn off weather affecting your sims in the settings panel under seasons. Then you can have all the aesthetics of the weather without the extreme temperatures killing your sims.
    RPeudng.png

I for one see the possibility of weather related death as a feature not a bug because I find this game to be sorely lacking in any spontenaity whatsoever. It's virtually guaranteed 99.9% of the time that unless an action is forced your sim whether CAS created or born in game will live to be very very very old and die of old age only on the floor. It's boring. I wish we had more possibilities of dangerous consequences and that the devs would stop nerfing the ones we do have. JMO
    Yeah I know you can turn the weather affects off, but I don't want to. And I agree, there are many things lacking in game, and while I don't mind a random townie dropping dead. Since I play in rotation, I don't want my played sims freezing to death when I'm playing another house. I do roll ROS so I have events that do happen, and "untimely" deaths as well. But that's by my hands. lol
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Yeah I know you can turn the weather affects off, but I don't want to. And I agree, there are many things lacking in game, and while I don't mind a random townie dropping dead. Since I play in rotation, I don't want my played sims freezing to death when I'm playing another house. I do roll ROS so I have events that do happen, and "untimely" deaths as well. But that's by my hands. lol

Okay, so, you don't want your Sims to die in your game from extreme weather, and you can literally turn it off for yourself but, you reject that out of hand and want the devs to turn it off for everyone via a path? It doesn't even make any sense.

Okay, so, you don't want your Sims to die in your game from extreme weather, and you can literally turn it off for yourself but, you reject that out of hand and want the devs to turn it off for everyone via a path? It doesn't even make any sense.

Hmmmm.... never said that. So please don't put words in my mouth. Thanks! Instead of assuming what someone said or meant, why not just ask them to clarify their statement before jumping to conclusions?

Never have I ever wanted to devs to take away a feature in the game.

What needs to be improved is the sims AI. So that they can recognize when they are cold or about to freeze, so that they will switch out of their workout wear and into their winter wear.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Amber_bothneAmber_bothne Posts: 2 New Member
    This is STILL happening in my game! It's so annoying... probably 2-3 die every day during the winter. Some days I've had like 5 or more die. They're all in active wear.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    This is STILL happening in my game! It's so annoying... probably 2-3 die every day during the winter. Some days I've had like 5 or more die. They're all in active wear.

This has not happened for me in a looong time. Do you have any mods?
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    I have no CC in my game but sims die from cold in my game too.
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I once had one of my played sims die from freezing while I was playing another family. Fortunately, my currently selected sim plead to the Grim Reaper and brought her back to life. Following that little incident, I downloaded a mod that deactivates temperature-caused deaths for non-active sims.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
    edited April 2020
    I don't play in winter areas much but I spent a whole winter in Windenburg very recently and not a single Sim died. Not even outside the gym.
    That said, I avoid places like the Star Lounge during winter because I realize it would probably cause issues.

I also had another weird bug before reinstalling the game: Twice in a warm area (Oasis Springs in Spring) a Sim would come into a bar (once) and into a gym (once) blueskinned from freezing (despite the temperature outside was just chilly, not freezing), turn into an ice block and die indoors. I have no mods to speak of (at the time I only had MCCC).
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    The sims in my game died in Newcrest and Magnolia Promenade. I just found their urns outside. Didn't see them dying as the lots were busy with many sims and I was watching my sim. There were several others who were really shivering and they were all wearing what appeared like warm weather everyday clothes. I did spend several days on the lots though, so maybe you need to spend a longer time for the bug to show up?
    crocobaura wrote: »
    The sims in my game died in Newcrest and Magnolia Promenade. I just found their urns outside. Didn't see them dying as the lots were busy with many sims and I was watching my sim. There were several others who were really shivering and they were all wearing what appeared like warm weather everyday clothes. I did spend several days on the lots though, so maybe you need to spend a longer time for the bug to show up?

You didn't get the Grimm music or the "see what is happening" icon in the action list? Every time Grimm shows up in my game I get both those things.