Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Possible Leak - Next Expansion Tropical Paradise.

Comments

• rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    The description makes me think that besides surfing and hoola we dont have much of gameplay elements. Im sure there is more to it if its and expansion. The atmosphere of a tropical island wouldnt be enough for me.
    Im curious to see more of it.

Yeah same here. I LOVED the Sunlit Tides store world in Sims 3. It was my favorite world.

I hope it will just be a normal residential world though. But I think it will be, since we're talking most likely about the Expansion Pack, not the game pack.

Can't wait to see more!
  • aiexaiex Posts: 103 Member
    Also, we NEED to have the ability to tan. I really want this, along with sunburns.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Hate it. Vacations are boring and I'm so tired of world where it doesn't snow. This is a serious disappointment if it's true.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Hate it. Vacations are boring and I'm so tired of world where it doesn't snow. This is a serious disappointment if it's true.

Me neither...while Island Paradise was alright...I just....not very excited esp. when TS4 is so lackluster.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    jacechu wrote: »
    This is pretty exciting. Does EA regularly release more watered down descriptions before trailers and more detailed information?

Maybe the leaker played an early access version and just wrote down some striking things they remembered
    a256aFi.gif

I don’t think it‘s a vacation world. It‘s probably a residential world where Sims can live permanently, like Isla Paradiso in Sims 3.
    a256aFi.gif
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'd certainly love a Tropical Paradise pack, especially if buildable hotels were a thing. That right there is a day one buy right off the bat for me. Buuuuuuuuuuuuut Im gonna hold out for official info before I get my hopes up.

Sadly hotels weren‘t mentioned in the description. Maybe we could get a fully-fledged hotel Game Pack.

That would be awesome -- maybe it could be adapted to make apartments in the non-San Myshuno worlds (either out of the box or via talented mod developers). I think it's more likely to be a liveable world rather than a vacation world if it's an EP.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • PandySimsPandySims Posts: 55 Member
    I like the idea of getting a Tropical Island Pack - let's see
    Follow me on youtube to see my newest speed building:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjGtR3A3HUFnPGPuJPF-Z8g?view_as=subscriber
    Thanks for your support! <3
    Though I am worried it may be watered down...remember snow depth in seasons? They may not even include swimming in oceans and blame it on the game not being able to do it or something...just watch.
  • aiexaiex Posts: 103 Member
    Are we thinking the trailer is coming today?
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

I don’t think it‘s a vacation world. It‘s probably a residential world where Sims can live permanently, like Isla Paradiso in Sims 3.

Okay? I'm still tired of worlds where it doesn't snow. And I don't find tropical worlds "paradise".
    edited May 2019
    aiex wrote: »
    Are we thinking the trailer is coming today?

Maybe a teaser! We got the trailer for StrangerVille on a Wednesday after all.
    But now that I‘ve said it we probably won‘t get one.
    a256aFi.gif
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Provided that this is real (which I'm not convinced of), it doesn't actually say that this tropical world is going to be a vacation destination. That would be rather impractical anyway, since this hypothetical pack also comes with a surfing skill and aspiration which you'll probably only be able to pursue in this one world; I doubt they'll change the beaches of the already existing worlds to let us surf on them (although it would be great if they did).

As for my personal feelings on this potential pack... well, once again not what I was hoping for, and I'm one of the people who would like a cold world for a change, but it sounds interesting nevertheless. Only time will tell if it's real.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

If it's an EP it's likely not a vacation world but one that Sims live in. I've got a few Sims that would make good beach bums, and the new freelance careers would lend themselves well to that sort of lifestyle (take a gig or two each day then spend the rest of the time hanging out on the beach fishing). New harvestables could mean new recipes (although with no recipes using avocado after JA that's not a given) or maybe even new drink recipes (now I want a pina colada -- hey it's 5 o'clock somewhere....). Would be a nice place for my elders to relocate after retirement -- I usually move them to Oasis Springs or Strangerville because of the lack of snow.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    It‘s real guys, another retailer included Tropical Paradise, this time from the Netherlands.
    https://www.gamesync.nl/sims-4-tropisch-paradijs-download-origin-kopen.html

They stated that they assume that your Sims can live in a tropical paradise (duh) and that they wait for the announcement from EA
    a256aFi.gif
  • tadeoalonso2tadeoalonso2 Posts: 35 Member
    The description is fake, it was taken from a post here from March
    The description is fake, it was taken from a post here from March

Do you have a link? Which post?
    a256aFi.gif
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    I would love a tropical pack, but without diving and houseboats ...? The "surfing station" was a rather lame store item in TS3.
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    love the concept, especially if they didn't make it a vacation world
    i'm just glad I've been able to escape a University pack for this long now o:)
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Phillip671Phillip671 Posts: 9 New Member
    thank god it isnt witches

sorry, not a fan of occults in my game
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,018 Member
    edited May 2019
    The description makes me think that besides surfing and hoola we dont have much of gameplay elements. Im sure there is more to it if its and expansion. The atmosphere of a tropical island wouldnt be enough for me.
    Im curious to see more of it.
    This exactly. I'd absolutely love a tropical vacation, but I won't get the pack if it's something I'll only use once or twice. There's absolutely nothing to do in Granite Falls and Selvadorada if you want to vacation, and the gameplay elements that they do offer are niche and get stale rather quickly.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Phillip671Phillip671 Posts: 9 New Member
    love the theme and idea

i hope they give us a big world and not just a vacation world
  • tadeoalonso2tadeoalonso2 Posts: 35 Member
    [quote="FreezerBunnyCowplant;c-17065552"][quote="tadeoalonso2;c-17065551"]The description is fake, it was taken from a post here from March[/quote]

Do you have a link? Which post?[/quote]

Check the 'A mysterious expansion pack coming in June 2019' thread, it's literally the first post
  • SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    edited May 2019
    Oh great. Can't wait for people in comment sections and all that call this possible EP garbage and "they don't listen to us!!!!" because it isn't university.

But seriously, it sounds pretty ok so far. But not getting hopes up because it can be fake.

EDIT: Well, it seems that it's fake. The description is identical to the first post in this thread.
    Don't get me wrong, it's seems cool...I am just afraid it will come with it's limitations...such as no swimming in oceans etc.