Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited May 2019
    Shadami wrote: »
    Question for anyone who might have an answer:

If I were to have Sims meet at someone's house for a "weekly gaming session" could a Sims story be just from that or would I need to add more to the story?

Aka I really just want to play DND and can't get a group to meet so I'm dying to just write my campaign out as a story. XD

@Shadami This is a really cool idea. I think you could totally make a story about that, and I would totally read it. You know there are online DND sessions, right?

(Edited): I would totally send over my Simself or create a Sim for you if you'd like too, if you have space in the future or do this type of story again. Instead, I'll enjoy reading what you put together. Looks like you have a great crew!
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    Hey, everyone! Bad news. Another post on my blog's content got deleted. I'm mad, but I finally realize why it's happening. I played around with adding categories and tags to my posts, but I did it on my cellphone. For some reason, my phone glitches out and the whole post's content gets deleted and I can't get the content back, as it immediately saves the changes. Luckily, I have a backup copy of that post on Word, but now I have to add the pictures and everything again, which is annoying. I think Wordpress should allow you to have backup copies for when things like these happen or something. I guess I could double-post every time I add a new post, so I have a backup copy of sorts. I guess this is a warning to everyone - do not edit Wordpress posts on mobile (unless this only happens to me).

@divanthesimmer Aww... that's too bad. It's always frustrating when you lose something you've worked really hard on. I hope you are able to recover everything and find inspiration to write/work on it again.

@AdamsEve1231 Thank you. Luckily I had a backup of that one, so I just copied and pasted it back and added the pictures again. :)
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    what's a word for walking sideways on something narrow like ledge or on the wall. Something sounds like shimmy? Maybe? Heard it from video games, but don't know what the word is. Help, me bad in English.
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    AkramA wrote: »
    what's a word for walking sideways on something narrow like ledge or on the wall. Something sounds like shimmy? Maybe? Heard it from video games, but don't know what the word is. Help, me bad in English.

Strafe / Strafing?
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    AkramA wrote: »

The best word I can think of is 'sidle'.
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @AkramA: "walking sideways along the wall" works if no single word does. Even for me it's one of those actions that you do all the time yet don't have a term for. :p
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Yo dudes I actually upheld my promise to revive Sims Pride. Hopefully. I'm taking submissions for the Sims Pride celebration and a spotlight on LGBTQ+ stories and authors, of course, but also suggestions because I am very new to this. :p
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member

If I were to have Sims meet at someone's house for a "weekly gaming session" could a Sims story be just from that or would I need to add more to the story?

Aka I really just want to play DND and can't get a group to meet so I'm dying to just write my campaign out as a story. XD

@Shadami This is a really cool idea. I think you could totally make a story about that, and I would totally read it. You know there are online DND sessions, right?

(Edited): I would totally send over my Simself or create a Sim for you if you'd like too, if you have space in the future or do this type of story again. Instead, I'll enjoy reading what you put together. Looks like you have a great crew!

Of this goes well I probably will do it again xD
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member

Of this goes well I probably will do it again xD

Good to know. Keep me posted.
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    checking in here
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    new chapter
    dt6Uf6X.jpg
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    how is everyone my right side hurts because of people not pushing in their chairs when having lunch
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    How would you guys deal with a doctor's question which for you is awkward?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    Hi everyone :)
    I've released another new chapter of TDC. Just a fair warning for any readers that this is the last chapter before things in the story get... really intense.
    Aside from that, the chapter can be read here:
    2TsaTE6.png
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Hi everyone :)
    I've released another new chapter of TDC. Just a fair warning for any readers that this is the last chapter before things in the story get... really intense.
    Aside from that, the chapter can be read here:
    2TsaTE6.png

oh write thats what i forgot. i went mod shopping.
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I am so behind on reading stories.... T.t
  • Options
    AkramAAkramA Posts: 2,717 Member
    @Shadami
    IKR? So many stuff to read but too little time.
    I also write non sims stuff on Wattpad
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Hey everyone. :) How's it going?

Recently when I haven't been writing I've made some sim edit pics things (not sure what people call them but its where you edit pics of sims) and I wanted to share two in here. Sorry if this isn't writing related but I did use two story sims so maybe it can count.
    Last Friday's
    D6OCld0WkAEXCNE.jpg:large
    Today's
    D6z5zs5WwAASVae.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    new chapter!!
    IjIMB9m.jpg
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

Recently when I haven't been writing I've made some sim edit pics things (not sure what people call them but its where you edit pics of sims) and I wanted to share two in here. Sorry if this isn't writing related but I did use two story sims so maybe it can count.
    Last Friday's
    Today's
    D6z5zs5WwAASVae.jpg

recently i found out ui cheats is still broke.
  • Options
    edited May 2019

Last Friday's
    Today's
    D6z5zs5WwAASVae.jpg

recently i found out ui cheats is still broke.

@friendsfan367 Are you sure? It's stil working for me. A lot of simmers are moving their mods to Pateron. So you need to download it from here: (it's free for non-users)https://www.patreon.com/weerbesu
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

Last Friday's
    Today's
    D6z5zs5WwAASVae.jpg

@Bugsie2016 these are gorgeous!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »

Last Friday's
    Today's
    D6z5zs5WwAASVae.jpg

@Bugsie2016 these are gorgeous!

i missed her again. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top