Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you have any family traditions in your household?

2...Next

Comments

• GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited May 2019
    Not sure if it counts as a tradition, but my "StrangerVille Elite" club, consisting of sims who have solved the mystery or helped someone else do so, meets every Thursday evening at the Old Penelope bar for a fun night out. That is, when I actually think of it. Since there is no option to set club meetings on a specific day at a specific time (or at least not that I know of), I sometimes forget.

As for individual families, my very first TS4 household, consisting of five sisters / cousins, used to live together in a house and call themselves the witches of Willow Creek until they all got married and/or moved out to start their own lives. However, to show that they're still one big family, the handywoman among them carved and preserved Halloween pumpkins for everyone, with different colours and motifs depending on their personalities, and now every sister has her respecitve pumpkin sitting on the chimney of her living room in her home. I'm thinking about adding more family items of this kind, since every sister has a different talent, so I could have the artist paint individual paintings for every household next, for example.
  • MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    Cogshell wrote: »
    In previous versions I used to have each family member have their portrait painted, down the generations, and hung in the family home. I haven't got through any generations in TS4 though, cos I suffer restartitis worse than ever before.

I usually did that in TS3! I don't know how easy it would be in TS4 though because I think you can only paint from reference and not actually paint a portrait of someone.

I've gotten some very excellent portraits of my sims painted in TS4 through the paint from reference action. I dress the sim as I want them for the portrait, position them an appropriate distance away from the painting sim whether I want a closer up painting or a farther away one, and go! It helps if the sim being painted is in a good mood so they're not mopey for it. And it takes some trial an error to catch them in just the right pose.

But I like to do that for my founding sim in legacy games. Then I hang the portrait up in the foyer or living area of the legacy home, and it's very nice. Alternatively, I use the good camera from Get to Work and photograph all of my heirs with their parents and spouses and siblings and hang those up in all the living spaces. Then, that camera becomes its own heirloom as I pass it from parent to child each generation!
    a63ftuN.png