Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Relationship and activities pack - my idea

TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
I would love to see a gamepack with less focus on a new “world” (or area to explore) and deeper exploration/addition to Sims relationships and activities for couples or families to pursue.  Plus a host of new romantic clothing (we haven’t gotten had new underwear since base game)  - I mean 5 years is a long time to be wearing the same underwear and clothing to match those activities.

First off things I’d like to see reworked for relationships would an attraction system using elements from the Sims 2 that used zodiac signs and Sims 3 for trait match.  However align both to work better, I found in the Sims 3 for example eventually all sims found some way to be compatible even when they shouldn’t have been.

Second more dynamics added to couples who have been together such as anniversaries and deeper elements to gameplay involving unfaithful sims.  I suggested this before and it was well received that being “a confess to cheating” interaction + mechanic’ of some sort.  Currently, all sims do is get mad IF they catch Sims cheating.  I’d also like to see some kind of mechanism that makes it harder for sims to cheat on their partners (if you hit on another mans wife for example) unless they have specific traits that allow for that (romantic, ect) rather then just giving them traits to prevent it now (like unflirty) which seems a lame way to control it.

Then I’d like to see a LOT more time given to activities for couples, I realized there's actually NOT a lot for a sims couple to do let alone a group of teenagers.   I know sports themed expansion will never happen, but I so would love to see some form of sports added to the game JUST so my sims have something to do outside besides gardening or building rocket ships or hunting for collectibles.   I think when people think sports pack they expect it to be like a Fifa extention but we don‘t need something so in-depth - just more activities for our sims to enjoy outdoors.

Outside of that just more depth added to game-play elements kind of like generations did for Sims 3.

So less focus on building a new world via gamepack, but rather providing a host of new activities and game features instead for our sims.

I doubt this will ever happen, the Maxis team seems really focus on delivering locations for gamepacks and single activities in stuff packs but I think a lot of simmers would love a pack that added a lot more depth and functions to basic gameplay and depth to relationships.

Plus more underwear. 5 years is a long time.

Comments

• Momo_MoonMomo_Moon Posts: 18 Member
    I think this would be great! It gets really boring to interact with Sims, and that's something I like about Sims 3- there are just more interesting things to do. The packs that are coming out are kind of starting to be similar to each other, but even with new packs, it's not as fun when you do the same dialogue over and over!
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I agree with, don't have time to post a long post but better personalities is something I asked for since a long time now!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Nah I like having a new world with each pack.
  • TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Nah I like having a new world with each pack.

Honestly all I want now is a beach world, medieval world/fair? and school district. Beyond that how many more do we need? Honestly I don't even use half the worlds in the game as it is.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    While I do want more worlds, esp. a beach vacation world and residential worlds based around other parts of our world, I agree that relationships/interactions could really do with further development. Cheating should be harder too, esp. for soulmates, and I wish we had a loyal trait/option of some kind. I'm really hoping for a Romance GP, but as a family player I would also love more family interactions and activities e.g. baking with the children etc. I'm also hoping for more hobbies, as well as further development for babies, teens and elders, and I'm always keen to have more CAS items, esp. for male sims.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Fully agreed.
  • SimsterLivSimsterLiv Posts: 92 Member
    YES THIS! I really like the idea of zodiac signs, this will make the game more interesting. and yes to more underwear hehe
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    edited May 2019
    I've mentioned it before but I would personally love a Generations mixed with Freetime EP that gives more hobbies (like sports but arts, music etc as well) and more things to do for each life stage, like upgrading the romance system and weddings. This would solve a lot of grievances with "stuff to do" in ts4, a hobby pack.aa
    The amount of content I thought for a wedding themed thing though would probably also fit a separate wedding pack.

Wedding pack/romance update
    1. The chemistry system from ts2 with turn ons and offs, I'd rather it's just based on turn ons/offs than zodiac
    2. Choose wedding rings like the sims mobile, medal grades and gem stone sets.
    2. Hen and stag dos (return of the cake dancer)
    3. Assigning bridesmaids, groomsmen in the plan a social event thing or asking the sim. Can then choose their formal wear for your wedding party. They stand on either right or left side of the arch during the wedding
    4. Honeymoons, either you just send them away on one (don't go with, come back in 3 days or w/e) or you go with
    5. More gift options (perfume, cologne, jewellery, name a star etc)
    6. Anniversaries, automatically remembered by sims in game certain no of days they get "paper anniversary", then silver, gold etc. Actual material doesn't matter.
    7. Being able to actually arrange a vowel renewal. I can't throw a wedding party for two elders wanting to renew cause they're already married

Objects
    3. Buffet tables
    4. More cakes
    5. Champagne
    6. Specific wedding decor (chairs, arch, flowers etc) that can be decorated with specific color schemes or themes like the seasons decorations for houses.
    7. More wedding attire (there's 2 actual wedding dresses only with no packs)

Not really wedding specific but romantic overhaul could include match maker, blind dates and online dating as well.
    caitytrina.png
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Yeah, we are at the point where we could ask to have an EP based on better personalities. Isn't that crazy? We are so desperate about those lackluster sims ever created! This is a shame...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    CaityTrina wrote: »
    I've mentioned it before but I would personally love a Generations mixed with Freetime EP that gives more hobbies (like sports but arts, music etc as well)

I love your ideas, although I do agree we need a LOT more wedding rings (even CC available isn't that great in this department) but I'd like to see the option for ring grades and stones upgradable - like the ability to change the ring overtime. For example say your sim marries young and can only afford 1000$ ring, then later they can upgrade it all the way to a 1 million $ ring (lol its the sims right?)

What I'd really like to see though is both the wedding and engagement ring together, most women wear both but I've never seen this in the sims as a wearable option.

However I'm not sure what you mean by more arts and music, do you mean for couples? I only ask because currently the game has a careers based around art and music - so I'm curious as to how this would be different in a romantic interaction vs what already exists in-game.

I do completely think that the game needs more couple/craft/game (board games?) activities for couples though. I've never spent a night playing chess with a girl on a date and there should be more options then that to do together on the home lot.
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    CaityTrina wrote: »
    I've mentioned it before but I would personally love a Generations mixed with Freetime EP that gives more hobbies (like sports but arts, music etc as well)

I love your ideas, although I do agree we need a LOT more wedding rings (even CC available isn't that great in this department) but I'd like to see the option for ring grades and stones upgradable - like the ability to change the ring overtime. For example say your sim marries young and can only afford 1000$ ring, then later they can upgrade it all the way to a 1 million $ ring (lol its the sims right?)

What I'd really like to see though is both the wedding and engagement ring together, most women wear both but I've never seen this in the sims as a wearable option.

However I'm not sure what you mean by more arts and music, do you mean for couples? I only ask because currently the game has a careers based around art and music - so I'm curious as to how this would be different in a romantic interaction vs what already exists in-game.

I do completely think that the game needs more couple/craft/game (board games?) activities for couples though. I've never spent a night playing chess with a girl on a date and there should be more options then that to do together on the home lot.

Oh by arts and music I mean more hobbies for all sims, not just couples. So along with sports like you mentioned, sewing, pottery, scrapbooking, making a band, making jewellery or charms, etc

I'm in desperate need of a hobbies expansion and a wedding game pack.
    caitytrina.png
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    I'm not really into zodiac signs but some "trait compatibility" would be nice.
    As for underwear, yeah, more would be nice. On the other hand, there's a decent amount of CC clothing out there on the internet, including underwear, so it does not affect me as much as the lack of gameplay features.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.