Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build Mode Feedback for EA

Comments

• tenaciousb420tenaciousb420 Posts: 5 New Member
    @BryonyRae Well thanks for looking into it. It certainly was a useful trick hopefully one day they will add it in as a feature :P
  • KementariKementari Posts: 925 Member
    edited May 2019
    @BryonyRae Nothing has changed on the lot since the patch, was able to water before but not now. I haven't tried any other planter boxes on other lots yet, will do that now and get back to you.

Okay I just tried to water on my home lot and that's working fine, it just seems to be the community garden lot, its set as a park if that makes any difference. Even when the NPC gardeners come to the lot they don't water the plants in the 4x4 planter boxes, but they water everything else. I will add that i can harvest, sell and research from them so nothing is blocking the planters.
    I even made a new save and placed the lot in that one and its still not working :(

I have been testing this some more. I made a new park and the same thing is happening, also they can not spray for bugs on any of the plants even the ones that are directly in the ground. Weeding was working fine for all plants with my max level gardener, but the NPC gardeners could not weed the 4x4 planter boxes indivdually, not sure if its just the 4x4 or all of them cause they only tried to do the 4x4.
    I also noticed that the Gnomes lot trait did not fix my broken sprinklers.
    Post edited by Kementari on
  • PixelNestPixelNest Posts: 51 Member
    I don't know if anyone has suggested this yet, but I would love a grid option similar to what we have for floors except for walls. When using MOO it can sometimes be really difficult to place things vertically, especially repeated objects that all need to be the same height, such as sconces.
  • ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    An option to place mirrors where we want with move objects would be nice. I hate being able to place frames wherever I want but not mirrors. I could so much nice things with mirrors.
  • piximgpiximg Posts: 3 New Member
    Many people build diagonally to improve the appearance of the gallery image. This is because the first image of the gallery is fixed to the front. I hate such stupid architecture. Please choose the angle of the gallery image. It is possible in the room.
  • sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    Zasz wrote: »
    An option to place mirrors where we want with move objects would be nice. I hate being able to place frames wherever I want but not mirrors. I could so much nice things with mirrors.

The reason for this is because the mirror is an interactive object and if you start placing the mirror anywhere it will cause routing problems for the Sims.
  • HoneyMcHoneyHoneyMcHoney Posts: 29 Member
    Please, can you point me in the direction of the tutorial that explains why I cannot put a floor down on the balcony I have extended? I tried adding a post to hold up the extension but that didn't work.
    edited May 2019
    Please, can you point me in the direction of the tutorial that explains why I cannot put a floor down on the balcony I have extended? I tried adding a post to hold up the extension but that didn't work.

Do you mean floor tiles?
    Yes I do,
    I have managed to do it by replacing the balcony fence with a wall, covering the floor and then replacing the walls with fencing.
    I have managed to do it by replacing the balcony fence with a wall, covering the floor and then replacing the walls with fencing.

If you don't actually have a floor in place, you can't place floor tiles. If you remove a floor by accident, by clicking on the room you can see a yellow line around the base of the room. Mousing over that will show a command to "build floor". Using that command replaces the floor. It also works for ceilings but you need to page up to the floor above to see the yellow line.
    thank you, I'm learning something new every day, the problem is I'm not a technical person.
  • withlovejulienwithlovejulien Posts: 588 Member
    edited June 2019
    @Zasz It's not as convenient as being able to place mirrors with the flexibility of picture frames, but here are a couple of work arounds.

If all you want to do is move the mirror up the wall, you can press 9 with move objects on.

01.jpg

01.jpg

To move the mirror lower or away from the wall: You can move objects onto different locations if you turn on moveobjects, place the mirror on the wall, delete the wall section the mirror is on and any wall sections within a couple of blocks so the mirror doesn't automatically snap to them, and then select the mirror and use the 9 key to move it up and down and backward and forward. Replace the wall if desired.

01.jpg

Here is an image where the mirror is used as a door to the Vintage Glamour wardrobe. The room also had mirrors used as cabinet doors as well:

01.jpg

Mirrored console tables:

01.jpg

Moving a mirror in front of other mirrors:

01.jpg

• Amber37014Amber37014 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! I am having an issue with my game :( I have never had a glitch happen before as big as this one. The only mods I use are CC CAS (No BB or Gameplay ones). I am currently building a penthouse on the penthouse lot in the fashion district of san myshuno. My penthouse is two stories tall, both stories being the tallest wall height. When I place a staircase there is nothing wrong. But, I want to make the stair opening larger so you can look down from the second floor into the main floor (if that makes sense). When I do the proper steps to make this happen, everything works correctly. But, as soon as I delete the floor for the bigger opening it makes my stairs and furnishing (on the main level) disappear. When you go back down to the main level you can see the furnishing and the stairs, but when you go back up to the second level everything is gone and glitched out. I have tweeted pictures of my problem if the way I am describing it isn't making sense (Twitter - @xCrystal_StarsX). There is also the problem with the windows as you can see in the pictures I tweeted. I am using the tallest hight tinted blue windows from city living and using the plain grey swatch but the lighting shadows are appearing as the default white swatch. This window glitch oddly does not happen with the city living tinted doors, just the windows. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated as it is making playing the sims very difficult and annoying. If anyone can help, thank you :)
    @Amber37014 The disappearance act is one of those quirky things that happens. You just have to learn to live with it. The windows thing? No idea except wondering if there is something outside making the shadow line. You could always remove your mods temporarily and clean your cache files and see if it remains as well as checking the build at different times to see if it's there in the morning as well as afternoon etc.
  • MikkiMikkiMikkiMMikkiMikkiMikkiM Posts: 213 Member
    Is there a trick for making an attic (so using the space under the roof) and being able to watch/screenshot your Sim there with walls up? I tried doing it, but as soon as I put the walls up I got sent through the roof, even though I could zoom in and tilt enough that the camera was technically under the roof before I put the walls up. It's super annoying that I can't play with walls up in such spaces, even though with walls down you can get the camera in the right position :<
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Is there a trick for making an attic (so using the space under the roof) and being able to watch/screenshot your Sim there with walls up? I tried doing it, but as soon as I put the walls up I got sent through the roof, even though I could zoom in and tilt enough that the camera was technically under the roof before I put the walls up. It's super annoying that I can't play with walls up in such spaces, even though with walls down you can get the camera in the right position :<

You can go into freecam mode by hitting the Tab key.
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited June 2019
    @MikkiMikkiMikkiM I would suggest a slightly different answer to your attic and bouncy camera trouble. My suggestion is have your roofs span two floors but join so that it looks like all one roof. The attic in this example is actually a floor with roof sides and then there is a roof on top of that to look like a room in the attic.
    You are welcome to deconstruct these roofs to see what I mean: Children Everywhere
    XwOiyKR.png
    4DgFptj.png
    FQQIuXN.png
    mjmWJPZ.png
    ATdhHJ0.png
  • MikkiMikkiMikkiMMikkiMikkiMikkiM Posts: 213 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

You can go into freecam mode by hitting the Tab key.

That didn't work.
    @MikkiMikkiMikkiM I would suggest a slightly different answer to your attic and bouncy camera trouble. My suggestion is have your roofs span two floors but join so that it looks like all one roof.

Yes, that's what I've been doing, but I really want that attic feel with the slanted 'walls' (actually the roof) :( . It just bugs me that I'm kind of forced to put in walls, it makes all floors look the same, and real houses don't have that either.
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited June 2019
    @MikkiMikkiMikkiM Understood! This thread is definitely the place where builders post about the limits of the game engine and how we can do our best to work around with what we have while saying wouldn’t be great if . . .

I will play with using the invisible fence from SV or GTW to make a room in the attic. I will post back if I can get workaround to work with that.
  • SimminsimminsimminSimminsimminsimmin Posts: 2 New Member
    > @MikkiMikkiMikkiM said:
    > Is there a trick for making an attic (so using the space under the roof) and being able to watch/screenshot your Sim there with walls up? I tried doing it, but as soon as I put the walls up I got sent through the roof, even though I could zoom in and tilt enough that the camera was technically under the roof before I put the walls up. It's super annoying that I can't play with walls up in such spaces, even though with walls down you can get the camera in the right position :<

If you're just trying to screenshot than you can go into build mode and puts walls half up (the roof should be completely closed) and then zoom into the attic and it should show the inner roofing. Also, although only if you're using a roof with a walled side or sides, it's not too pretty but you can just put in the biggest windows with the least seam possible on the walled sides and screenshot that way.
    Hope someone finds a better solution though.
  • SimminsimminsimminSimminsimminsimmin Posts: 2 New Member
    @MikkiMikkiMikkiM
    I have a couple of lots with houses that are showing up as Generic on map view but Residential when you go into the lot. I seem to recall this Generic lot issue happening once before, or at least something similar. I tried placing the residential build again hoping that would kick in the change but nothing happened. I also had one of the default Gym lots show as a Gym in map view even though it had a residence on it but that at least did change over when I went in and chose residential. Just these pesky Generic lots which, I still have never heard of a good reason as to why we even have them. They have been nothing but trouble in my book. :/
  • LeelathesimLeelathesim Posts: 25 Member
    Hello, fellow simmers! I am having trouble with my basements.
    I am trying to make a two-level hole in the ground using the basement tool. I've watched several simmer videos for help but for some reason, the floor/ceiling between the basement levels won't go away. I clicked delete ceiling for the bottom level and delete floor for the top but the dirt looking floor is still there. It says on the game that they are both gone because for a floor and ceiling I need to select build for either. Is this a glitch in my game? Or is there a way to fix this?
  • KementariKementari Posts: 925 Member
    edited July 2019
    @Leelathesim I am having this issue too, I thought it was just me but now that you have said you are experiencing it too I will look into it more and see if anyone has made a bug report.

Okay someone made a bug report here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Basement-Split-Level-Rooms-Irremovable-Basement-Flooring/m-p/7956203#M92057
    Go and click on the me too so they know lots of people are having this issue :)