Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Mall

JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
Not sure where to post this really. This topic is meant to show the mall I created, so: in Creative you'd say. But once I had done the building part I pressed the live mode button and I'd like to share that experience here too. Besides, I'd like this to be an interactive topic, not just mine, hoping others have built malls and shops/stores that they could share. To give me inspiration, tips, ideas. Or just be awed and for fun.

So, I've decided to put it in General, hoping that's ok.

First, a tour through the mall the way it was before I started playing and I had no idea how things would work (and if they would). This by the way will be copy-pasting from my own Sims Weebly I linked to earlier, so for people who have followed that link, nothing new under the sun just yet;)

The Mall is a project I started somewhere around 2015. Retail is a feature I never really missed in Sims 3 and the Store interpretation wasn't that great anyway. I did like the idea of building a mall though, with all kind of shops in it, figuring out how to fill them with everything I had from EP's, SP's, Store stuff and some CC in my game. Rather in an aesthetic, building fun kind of way than with the purpose to make it actually work. And fun it was.

At one point I got tired of the project and left the building unfinished in the library of my game. A few weeks back I decided to place the mall into the world I am playing in now (Isla Paradiso) and I started finishing it. For anyone interested to download: the link.

So here it is, proudly presenting, enjoy :smile:

EXTERIOR

mall3a_orig.png

(I'll put the pictures between spoiler marks from now on, because otherwise it will be a nuisance to load)

INTERIOR
mall4_orig.png

mall6_orig.png

mall5a_orig.png

mall8_orig.png

BAKERY & TEAROOM
bakery2_orig.png

MEN'S FASHION
boutique-shop-window_orig.png

boutique-shop-window5_orig.png

men-s-fashion2_orig.png

LADY'S FASHION & BRIDAL SECTION
boutique-shop-window6_orig.png

boutique-shop-window3_orig.png

boutique_orig.png

boutique2_orig.png

bridal-section2_orig.png

PET SHOP
pet-shop2_orig.png

pet-shop_orig.png

TOY SHOP
toy-shop4_1_orig.png

toy-shop5_1_orig.png

FLOWERS & PLANTS
flower-shop_orig.png

flower-shop2_orig.png

BABY SHOP
baby-store2_1_orig.png

baby-store3_1_orig.png

GREENGROCER
greengrocer2_orig.png

greengrocer_orig.png

NECTARY
wine-shop_orig.png

wine-shop2_orig.png

MUSIC STORE
music-store1b_orig.png

music-store2_orig.png

LAUNDERETTE
launderette_orig.png

BRIC-A-BRAC
antique-shop2_orig.png

KATY PERRY'S CANDY STORE
candy-store2_orig.png

candy-store3_orig.png

candy-store4_orig.png

candy-store5_orig.png

SPORTS
sport-shop_orig.png

sport-shop3_orig.png

sport-shop2_orig.png

The Mall in live mode
5JZ57S6.png
Post edited by JoAnne65 on

Comments

• AmphoraAmphora Posts: 3,959 Member
    Oh, this mall is amazing! <3
    The level of detail you put into this makes it all the more better, too :)
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    That is really cool! Are the mannequins cc? Are they included in the Sims3pack?
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited May 2019
    @ZeeGee The mannequins come with Into The Future :p

@JoAnne65 Awwww sooo cute <3 And love you used fake buydebug cars in the lot.The last thing a EA town needs is parking spaces :grimace:

And you will not believe this but my favorite part is the laundry,it looks like a real laundromat.My sim wants to go there and pick up single moms.
    Post edited by CravenLestat on
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
    @CravenLestat Thanks! Did not know that. Now I have to boot up ITF and check it out. :)
    edited May 2019
    @zeegee I use them all the time,they are NOT!!! just decor they are fully functional you can dress them every category and shop right off the mannequin walk out wearing that outfit as is even shoes everything.Plus outfits will go on sale.You can build specific shops like swimwear only stores or lingerie etc.

Go in surfaces/displays

Can dress them in any outfit you want all CAS categories even use your own patterns choose the shoes and all

DfydFiZ.gif
  • PlumDiddyPlumDiddy Posts: 551 Member
    Excellent work! The amount of time and detail you put into this is evident. Awesome job ;)
    edited May 2019
    @CravenLestat I can't find them. Is there something you have to do to enable them? I looked at surfaces > displays like you said

ETA: Oops, nevermind, I placed everything in that section from ITF and found them :)
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    edited May 2019
    Looks great! I assume the mannequins are CC right?
    Edit: Nevermind, they come with ITF, I never knew that!! :o
    I would download but I lack KP Sweet treats.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited May 2019
    @Amphora Thank you, I loved doing that!
    @ZeeGee Yep, they're from ITF and they're indeed a bit hard to find, because in buy mode the icon just shows the pedestal.
    A preview how they work:

screenshot-495_orig.png

screenshot-502_orig.png

screenshot-506_orig.png

screenshot-508_orig.png

It's really fun to see townies dressed in outfits you created. Dressing the mannequins is a lot of work, because you have to do outfits for all life stages (5), genders (2) and categories (6). And in case people like to download the lot: my advice is to put in new mannequins and dress them yourself, because they become glitchy when you put them in a new save. The mannequins in the windows just have one outfit, because sims can't reach them anyway.

@CravenLestat In my game I replaced some buydebug cars by parking lots to allow townies to park there. Is that not advisable? And LOL, I haven't seen any single mom there yet, just this chap :D

screenshot-444_orig.png

@PlumDiddy Thank you :smile:

@GraceyManor You could turn that shop into something else of course. Must add there's stuff from all packs in there and a lot of Store content and some CC.

Thanks all, hope more people will share malls and shops.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    @JoAnne65 that is absolutely spectacular ! WOW
    <3
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Absolutely brilliant! I love how you have put so much detail in every shop and display <3
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    This is fantastic! Great job! :smiley:
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I am impressed by your mall of course, but my favourite is Yves!
    @JoAnne65 Thanks for all the info! I love the way you redecorated the stands to fit their environment, especially the wedding ones. I've been playing with them, you can even put makeup on the mannequins! The hair is weird though - it shows that it's changed in CAS but when you go back in game it's the old hair and the new hair meshed together.
  • TinySpaceFoxTinySpaceFox Posts: 1,110 Member
    edited May 2019
    Whoa! :open_mouth: I’m just… at a loss for words! Even Awesomes can’t express how awesome this is! My favourite by far is the music store, I love how you included both an upright and a grand piano :)
  • stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    Amazing! :love: There's so much wonderful detail in your mall that I can't even choose a favorite store. What a great showcase of the objects we have in this game. And I'm especially impressed by all the work you did on those mannequins! :star::star::star::star::star:
    edited May 2019
    @JoAnne65 :| Walks away slowly from the guy in the laundromat winking at me.And by the parking I mean sims have a tendency (they are stoopid) to go to lots and leave their cars,I avoid that by just using fake cars cause when sims go to community lots their vehicle goes straight back to their inventory.Instead of later being replaced by a big lemon in a neverending loop.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @JoAnne65 This is awesome! I love it. I don't have all stuff installed anymore so can't use it now. I've downloaded it anyway for that 'someday' when I have a puter that will play with all my stuff installed. Do you get lag on the lot because of the amount of stuff on the lot when you play it?
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Brilliant work :smile: I like the music store :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    As brilliantly designed as this all is, I have some questions that don't seem to have been mentioned by anyone else.

-- I'm never comfortable seeing baby shops in malls. Is this really where one goes to shop for (buy) a baby?
    -- I've never completely trusted mannequins. Do they not have a reputation for springing to life in the middle of the night when no one is around and getting up to potentially nefarious things?

Okay, on a more serious note I think I would have to divide a structure like this up into three or four smaller pieces to get it to perform well. Not only for the number of intricate objects, but if all of those Role Sim stations (cash registers, store attendants) are staffed, I would also be afraid of lag even when I'm not playing any sims on the lot. I realize the original project was one of design and not necessarily functionality, but how well does it end up playing now?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Oh my gosh, I'm IN LOVE with this mall! Also thank you so much for providing the download link!!!
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    @JoAnne65 Wow that is the best Mall I have seen. I love it, I love how you put all the different places. Wonderful Job. It must have taken quite a while to do. but came out great. Keep up the good work.
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    @JoAnne65 This is absolutely stunning <3<3 I have seen pics of the bakery before and thought it clever but all those other shops are just as amazing. My favourite just has to be the Katy Perry. Every mall I know has a store like that, so bright, so pink (even the stair rails!), so lovably kitsch <3
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita