Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mayors for individual worlds

It's not an official feature in the game, but a few expansions have introduced new worlds with a premade sim as the mayor, so in my head, almost every world has one now - usually, but not always a played sim in the politician career who somewhat represents the world itself. For example, my Willow Creek is dominated by one big family in particular, so of course someone from that family is the mayor. Oasis Springs is the place where humans first made contact with aliens (I've edited the world itself and its description to reflect this), so the mayor is an alien. The only worlds without mayors are San Myshuno, because I haven't thought of one yet, and Magnolia Promenade, which I view as a district of Newcrest.

I think it would be cool if we had a trait or something like that to appoint one of our sims as the mayor. But of course, there can only be one per world, so if you assign the trait to a new sim in a city that already has a mayor, the previous mayor loses it. What are your thoughts? Do your cities have mayors?

Comments

• CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    I would like to appoint a mayor too, especially since they made one for Strangerville it felt fitting to actually have them legit, but I don't think they'd add the ability if I'm honest.

Tho for San Myshuno if they're still alive one of the Feng couple is a politician I think for rp
    caitytrina.png
  • craftaholiccraftaholic Posts: 447 Member
    I think I would like them to do it in two ways.
    First,: let us appoint someone. (great for storytellers)
    second: let have an election day where we vote for the mayor of the town we live in.
    you toggle between the two types in the settings area.
    Stop me if you've heard this one: a sim walks into a bar....player moves bar out of the way.....sim walks on without walking into anything else.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Hmmm... I like this idea. Mortimer Goth is the Mayor of Willow Creek, Nancy Landgraab Oasis Springs, Vlad is the King of Forgotten Hollow (just because) and Judith Ward of Del Sol Valley. I don't have any other packs that add worlds, so no need to bother with those.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Chesster_WammyChesster_Wammy Posts: 80 Member
    edited July 2021
    That's what I'm really looking for too. The ability to assign a mayor in each world

For the moment, I have an idea by putting a "Mayor" text like on the red text above the NPC Sim's name

But I do not know any mod of it

Post edited by Chesster_Wammy on
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I don't dislike the idea, but if this new system forces Mayor Whiskers out of office I have no desire to see it implemented.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    It's not an official feature in the game, but a few expansions have introduced new worlds with a premade sim as the mayor, so in my head, almost every world has one now - usually, but not always a played sim in the politician career who somewhat represents the world itself. For example, my Willow Creek is dominated by one big family in particular, so of course someone from that family is the mayor. Oasis Springs is the place where humans first made contact with aliens (I've edited the world itself and its description to reflect this), so the mayor is an alien. The only worlds without mayors are San Myshuno, because I haven't thought of one yet, and Magnolia Promenade, which I view as a district of Newcrest.

I think it would be cool if we had a trait or something like that to appoint one of our sims as the mayor. But of course, there can only be one per world, so if you assign the trait to a new sim in a city that already has a mayor, the previous mayor loses it. What are your thoughts? Do your cities have mayors?

I like the idea πŸ˜ŽπŸŽ‰. I’ll have a look at my worlds.
    The only mayor I had is the one that came with StrangerVille.
    I’ve got a master villain intent on ruling all the worlds but it would be interesting to see each world having its own mayor.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! πŸ˜Šβ˜•οΈπŸŒž
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Some of my worlds have mayors...

Willow Creek - Tiberius Landgraab Jr.
    Brindleton Bay - Jordan Knight
    Oasis Springs - Arvin Labeikovsky
  • EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited July 2021
    Count me in on the town mayor! I agree we should pick the election candidate and pick the winner of the election. And I agree there should be one mayor per world.
    Note: In EP11 Cottage Living, she is the mayor of Finchwirk neighborhood.

sims_018.jpg

Exactly :)
    I greatly hope it will be implemented in all words, not just in Finchwick
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    edited July 2021
    i think they should let us choose sims for all the npc/ special roles in the game so yeah mayor would also be nice and it surely would make sense to have different one for different worlds
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I have since solved my mayoral problem by making a club for every individual mayor that they're the only member of, and now the title "Mayor of -world-" shows up above their head like a regular club membership. To make sure no other sims are randomly added to a mayor's exclusive club, I set their traits as requirements for joining, because not many other sims will have the exact same combination of traits. Not a perfect solution, especially because the mayor of Brindleton Bay is a cat that can't be added to any clubs, but other than that, it works for me.

sims_018.jpg
    I noticed, and I'm not happy with it because it doesn't seem like we'll get a say in the matter of who the mayor is, and there won't be one for other worlds. But judging by the videos I've watched, the game seems to regard the neighbourhoods as individual towns, and Lavina Chopra is only the mayor of Finchwick, whereas I tend to see entire worlds as towns and the neighbourhoods as, well, neighbourhoods within a given town. So the playable mayor I had in mind can still be the mayor of Henford-on-Bagley as a whole, whereas Lavina Chopra is the most important representative of that particular district or something.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited July 2021
    Hmm, My only problem is I play with Monarchy, Nobility and feudalism in one save, and Aristocracy and Republic in another Save.
    It'll be hard to swallow if that was over turned, to one governmental system, where My sim is no longer King of it all, and Lords are no longer in control of their worlds/region

I've been using the club system to create that sort of governmental system. and then it branches down to the other levels

King & Queen (Royal Family)

Lord & Lady of Magic, Lord and Lady of War, Lord & Lady of Ships, Lord and Lady of Banks.

The Lord of Magic has authority over magic, He leads a Club called The College of Mages, who watch over the tides magic, and keepers of the Kingdom's History, Lore, and Knowledge. If the King wants a law passed on the topic of magic, he will evaluate it, and put it through. The Lord of Magic also Represents all magical Citizens and creatures in the Kingdom, anything goes wrong they answer to him.
    The Lady of Magic Manages the resources their region Contributes to the realm. In my game, they control the Mountainous North. They are a mining village and They focus on blacksmithing, Metal and Stone working.
    Metals, Such as Bronze, Silver, and Gold.
    Stones such as Diamonds, Emeralds, rubies, and Sapphires etc.
    They use to live in Glimmerbrooke, but I needed a bigger lot to fully develop their castle, they now currently reside in Granite Falls (I have mods that make Granite falls not a destination world, and a residential world)

The Lord of War has authority over War, he has control over the Knights and Armies. Protecting the Crown and the Kingdom from Internal and external threats. They are a more or less glorified Bodyguards and & a Medieval Police Force if anything.
    The Lady of War manages the resources of the region, contributes to the realm,in my game they control the west which are primarily farmlands.
    A farming Village, Gardening, Harvesting, raising livestock. the Lady takes great pride on the farm and making sure the crops are of at least excellent quality.
    They currently reside in Windenburg, potentially might move them to Henford

The Lord of Ships, has authority over the the Navy and Ships. Piracy is a Big problem, and he aims to make the seas a safer more enjoyable place.
    Lady of Ships manages the resources of the region, contributes to the realm, in my game they control the south which are primarily coastal town, forest and Islands. A fishing and Lumber, Village, and Woodworking.
    Currently reside in Brindleton.

Lord of Banks Manages all the Banks and the economy, As an investor and philanthropist, he loves putting money towards projects of great potential. He kind of has secret clubs of Bankers assassins and cutthroats essentially secretly runs the black market and the Dark Web.
    Lady of Banks is a Patron of the Arts, and An Influencer of Media. She has power over the media, and the Crowns Public image, ensuring they are always captured in a decent light. She leads a Club of Artists, Painters, Writers, Musicians, Actors/Models, Comedians, Singers.

but then it just trickles down into worker's levels.

sims_018.jpg
    My Problem with this is What if I want to change the community, What if I don't want those neighborhoods to be known for farming/gardening.
    What if I want to add more attributes to the community?

And I already have sims who are very skilled in Gardening, Fishing, taking care of Livestock, Grocer. So what, It better be easy to drive those sims out of those positions as soon as i delete them from the game, and install my sims quickly and quietly.

Also I just feel like Neighborhoods are too small to have a Mayor. Cause yeah I get they're districts of the world that are potentially miles apart but, eh.
    I'd rather be Governor, and have full control over world.

Also I feel like as Governor I should be able to change the world name if I wanted too.

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    If San Myshuno is like Los Angeles County, each neighborhood could have their own mayor.

I think Del Sol Valley was based on Los Angeles in California, but I am not sure. I don’t know about San Myshuno.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I have a question; why is Mr. Whiskers the Mayor in San Myshuno & not Brindleton Bay? It just doesn't make sense to me.
    I have since solved my mayoral problem by making a club for every individual mayor that they're the only member of, and now the title "Mayor of -world-" shows up above their head like a regular club membership. To make sure no other sims are randomly added to a mayor's exclusive club, I set their traits as requirements for joining, because not many other sims will have the exact same combination of traits. Not a perfect solution, especially because the mayor of Brindleton Bay is a cat that can't be added to any clubs, but other than that, it works for me.

sims_018.jpg
    I noticed, and I'm not happy with it because it doesn't seem like we'll get a say in the matter of who the mayor is, and there won't be one for other worlds. But judging by the videos I've watched, the game seems to regard the neighbourhoods as individual towns, and Lavina Chopra is only the mayor of Finchwick, whereas I tend to see entire worlds as towns and the neighbourhoods as, well, neighbourhoods within a given town. So the playable mayor I had in mind can still be the mayor of Henford-on-Bagley as a whole, whereas Lavina Chopra is the most important representative of that particular district or something.

For the moment, I think we can add the " Village Mayor" trait to a sim that we want, by using MC Command Center. Or mod the strings by using Sims 4 Studio. But I agree that modless election system is much better & I'm still hoping it will be implemented soon. And I do not think that it would be that hard, as it has the same base as the N.A.P system?
    I have a question; why is Mr. Whiskers the Mayor in San Myshuno & not Brindleton Bay? It just doesn't make sense to me.

I can understand why he can be in other worlds, but I don't understand why he is not in Brindleton Bay.
    Maybe you can use walkbyoverhaul mods?
    I use smartpetwalkbyoverhaul by lotharihoe
    There is a mod by Zero too, but it set the stray pets to every worlds
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited July 2021
    A new world could be managed by a lord or a royal family instead of a mayor like Principality of Monaco and Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I mean we already have politics as a career in game so we can have a town mayor in game with the career maybe.