Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How big is the community that uses mods and cc?

I have come across a lot of people that uses mods and cc to enhance their game. Ive installed a mod some years ago, but it didn't work properly and I gave up. But there are a lot of fun and interesting options available and it makes me wonder. Do you use it?

How big is the community that uses mods and cc? 305 votes

I use mods
15%
LaBlue0314MjstsmPimhappyStrangerthankeenowashcrash19IMakeBoysRamblineRosespice3CaityTrinaHarukotyandctf344LissyK9benson2006RIP-Troika-GamesThenyoukissmeabbyblueflowerAnnLee87TechbiltQueenMercy 46 votes
I use CC
3%
jeLlyBeAn1573CorkysPetalsBagoas77Lizzychicagovcosleyjcp011c2jooxisObsession101ladynightEvalyn326SmellincoffeeToby92 12 votes
I use both mods and CC
60%
CK213bshag4lvOneAdorkableGirlicmnfrshBluefairy286verlainemKita5399Sara1010PGalacticGaljeepjeepcatalexspoom13IceyJSimmervilleCrazyboutTheSimsBronwin2ZeriEIisabettaAlexaiHowGreatThouArtColorist40 184 votes
I don't use it
20%
apisarski2002IdontrcallIcewolfdreamergrl84SleepycatDSLWritin_RegmcruddSimburianBloosmoobabajayneelanorbretoninvisiblgirlJestTrufruitsbasket101mock68alanmichael1saraemily112Briel24JACKIEJOYCary1213 63 votes

Comments

• BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,965 Member
    edited May 2019
    I don't use it
    my game is completely vanilla :)
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    I use both mods and CC
    MCCC, a few adult mods ;) and some cc tattoos. Looking for more tattoos if anyone knows of good creators.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I use both mods and CC
    It depends on which computer. One has all the mods and cc, and all the 3 others are a complete vanilla. My game is accessed on multiple computers and we play offline a majority of the time.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I use both mods and CC
    Ive got MCCC, a few mature mods and a little bit of makeup cc. Its all I need so I don't plan on downloading any more.
  • TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    I use mods
    I answered for SIms 4, I use mods like MCCC (and some others) to keep me coming back to the game. I haven't used mods in any other sims game and I've been playing since at least 2009.
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I don't use it
    I play vanilla, but I’ll admit I’m intrigued with mods.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I use mods
    I can't stand CC. I use it if it's necessary for one of my mods (example, Nyx's Mermaid Mod comes with mermaid tail pants and no feet shoes as well as a statue to become a mermaid), but I never, ever use it except for that. I just think it's too much of a hassle to quit my game, spend possibly hours downloading stuff I might never use, then relaunch the game, which takes several minutes on my computer. I just don't want to do that.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I use both mods and CC
    CC keeps the game feeling fresh. Mods keep me from pulling my hair out when the glitches and irritations take control of the game. Heck, I use more mods now than I did in Sims3! And everyone thought Sims3 was a glitchy mess? Unless the new EP, game, or stuff packs are really, really good and I cannot live without it, I am not going to purchase any of them until the modding community has time to update the mods that make my game playable. And by playable, I mean I can play it for a few hours without any bugs that break my immersion. I actually had a wonderful evening out with my newest Sim couple a few days ago. Not one glitch or irritation. That was a first. Most of my other outings have been disasters. The rest were just 'meh'. Mods help so much when it comes to the simple things like Sims sitting together and having a conversation without playing musical chairs, or trying to have a conversation with a Sim that is sitting on the other side of the room. Mods stop the constant toddler harrassment where one parent puts the child to bed then the other parent walks in and takes the child out of bed. This could go on for hours if not for a mod I use. Our Sims don't change out of cold weather clothing upon entering a lot. I have a mod for that. There used to be sick pets all over Brindleton Bay. Until I found a slick cheat to use to cure the pets. I don't like strays so I have a mod for that, too. For me, playing a modded game simply means I am able to fix bugs, and tone down the irritations that detract from the game. I get to play the game in a way that pleases me.
  • VageniusVagenius Posts: 487 Member
    I use both mods and CC
    I use MCCC and some career mods and I have 33gb (12,381 items) of cc. I can be obsessive.
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    I use both mods and CC
    I use both, but try to limit my mods folder size. As to CC, I have maxis match hair primarily, plus a bit of toddler clothes. My major Achilles's heel is body hair cc, can't abide my male Sims looking like Ken dolls.

For mods, aside from MCCC, show sim info, and IU cheats, I have faster showers and baths, faster homework, faster eating and drinking. Also a few bug fixes and tweaks.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    edited May 2019
    I use both mods and CC
    I played almost vanilla for a long time I must have IU extension, my sims don't need to sleep, eat or pee ;). I actually in one save have gone back to that mod only. Then I met MCCC and a few adult mods and because of adult mod, I went CAS CC shopping and discover "shoes" lol.So now I have a lot more cc in all my saves.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    I use both mods and CC
    I use both, but not as much as I would like. I try to limit my use because I get tired of having to update them so often, potentially with each new patch. Once The Sims 4 is no longer in production, I'll increase the amount I use.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    I use mods
    I played vanilla for the first couple of years of TS4, but then I installed MCCC and I can't play without it. In addition I use a couple of small mods and I use pose player from time to time (mostly for family pictures/promo pictures etc, I rarely use it for storytelling). I like to stick to as few mods as possible, but sometimes they can fix things quickly and, in the case of MCCC, give me the amount of control over my game that I want.
    I don't use CC as I share the majority of my builds and households on the gallery and CC is annoying in that respect. And I'd rather spend my time playing my game than looking for and sorting out CC.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I only use MCCC and the Henry Puffer stuff pack CC. I think most CC looks terrible and I'm too lazy to constantly have to check and see if my mods have updated.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I use mods
    I only use MCCC for story progression. If the game itself handled other sims actually making/ending relationships themselves, sims having families, sims actually moving into homes ( not just the ones that may be related to your sims jobs) then I would not need to use it. I want other sims to have a life too, I want them to have families and move into all the homes ( if there is one I want to save for later use I will just make it an empty lot until the time is right) and wish it had the feel that 3 did, where sims came enemies with those they were meant to be enemies with, or best friends with those they were meant to be with, it makes a difference. I don't want to have to use a mod, but since these things are not in 4 (open world or not) then I will continue to use it until that is available, most likely the next sims game that comes out.
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    I don't use it
    I have used both cc and a few mods in the past. The Save that I'm playing right now is strictly vanilla.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I use both mods and CC
    I started using a little of both recently...

The mods I have are mostly minor ones for fixing annoying things such as the endless serenading between romantic couples cause it was driving me insane when playing my vampires. I have none that add new game play options or anything.

I also have a very small amount of custom content for cas. I only like things that fit the game aesthetic.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    I use both mods and CC
    I use both, but I also have a strictly vanilla game as well. I like to use the vanilla game to test new packs and patches to see what actual bugs exist (or don't) before using my modded game so that I know if something is mod related or not.
    #Team Occult
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    I don't use it
    I cant bring myself to use cc. I tried , but I like the way sims look without it :) I also like the clothing in the game and I already own all the packs, I want to use the stuff I paid for <3
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I use both mods and CC
    How big? Gargantuan.
  • PearLadyPearLady Posts: 207 Member
    I use both mods and CC
    TBH, I want to pick multiple options here. I have had vanilla games, usually because it's either right after a patch and I'm checking out what's new/changed or I'm doing a certain challenge. Then, I have other saves where it's modded to play out a certain storyline. Example: in my most recent save, I have 3 script mods installed to help tell the story, namely McCommand Center, Sacrificial's Extreme Violence and Basemental's Drugs mod. So, it depends on the save/story for me. :smiley:
    Don't anger the fruit. It may make her toot (at you). ;)
  • MoonSimMoonSim Posts: 102 Member
    I use both mods and CC
    I didn't use either until very recently. I thought the process of finding legit downloads and using them would be way more complicated than it actually is! I'm pleasantly surprised by how much fun it is to use cc and mods and it's saved me some $ because I used to consider buying stuff packs just for the hair/clothes that I can now find for free.
  • Thunderbat87Thunderbat87 Posts: 275 Member
    edited May 2019
    I use both mods and CC
    I believe I have two mods (ui cheats and ea eyelash remover). I've tried mccc, but it was a bit overwhelming. :D

I use some cc. I've cut back a lot. Have a skin default I like, and some eye default. Eyelashes, a little bit of clothes. :)
    I normally don't use b/b cc, but I downloaded the Henry Puffer pack. The items are amazing!
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I use mods
    Some files I play vanilla but some i have mccc and a foster care mod
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited May 2019
    I don't use it
    update : i switched teams. cc all day :D<3
    Post edited by EnjoyfulSimmer on
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."