Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

vampire options

Why don't vampires have options to direct them like you can with regular sims? ie. One sim goes to a park the rest of the family is at the house, you can direct an alien or regular sim to build skills but you can't direct the vampires to do anything besides "bring here".

Also with their tombstones/urns it's the same thing. Regular tombstones/urns call forth ghost, vampire tombstones/urns that option isn't there, why?

Comments

• Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited May 2019
    I've never been able to call a ghost from the tombstone alone. I can only ever do it with the book of life, and it's worked for regular Sims and vampires alike. I've sometimes had Sims mourn at a tombstone at night and the ghost happens to come out afterwards, but since I can't repeat it, I'm pretty sure it was a coincidence.

I have wondered why "Build Skill" is sometimes an option for a Sim that's not there and sometimes it isn't. I never associated it with the Sim being a vampire or not. Now I'm curious...is it based only on what your Sim was doing at the time you "left" to follow someone else in the household?
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited May 2019
    I never noticed that you couldn't direct a Vampire Sim left behind to build skills. I've believe I've had this issue with Sims that weren't Vamps. I don't know if it has something to do with what level they already are, but if I remember correctly, the skills available to choose from were quite limited anyway.
    I hate how this is set up in this iteration. I realize that it's difficult for this game engine to control members of the household in two different places, but I wish there was a way to queue up the members you've left behind and have them continue those actions while you are controlling the others. That way, you could go back and forth without ignoring some of them.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Sorry if I seemed hostile to you. I was just saying what I thought of the situation. Carry on!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    freakyteen721freakyteen721 Posts: 173 Member
    I've tried games without mods, completely new saves, new vampires, old vampires, cas vampires and sims born as vampires and it doesn't matter what they were doing or where my sims go, my vampires do not have those "normal sims" options. I've tried it with the scientist career where I had a sim go to work on that lot and have the rest of the family working on skills and such but vampires don't have that option for me, other than "bring sim here". I do use MCCC which I find helps with a lot of game issues but it doesn't seem to fix this one either.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited May 2019
    If i recall correctly there is a mod that will enable build skill for everyone but I read on the description it says "fix for vampire unable to use build skill options" along the lines, so I would think it's kind of bug though. I never remembered having the problem but i used the said mod so I wouldnt know.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks I removed a couple of comments in here that came across a bit hostile, it's all good if that wasn't the intention but let's try and keep it friendly please.