Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Stardew Valley project

KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
edited May 2019 in The Sims 4 Lots
I have been playing Stardew Valley the past few months, and I'm absolutely loving it! Started playing it a couple years back, and just passed 600 hours on it. Not anywhere near my TS4 hours, though :D So, I decided to recreate SDV in TS4. I have made most of the townies and houses. All houses are made as residential, because I really can't be bothered with retail. And its not possible to have sims live on retail lots, anyway. I am missing a few NPC's and buildings. I'm working on it :)

This is MY simmified version of SDV and Pelican town. I'm sure many has done the same, and more than likely a lot better. Nothing is absolutely accurate, since that would mean sims could not live there (I mean, no SDV home has a bathroom that we can see, it would be a massive crisis!) I've tried to make everything as accurate as I could, though. The lack of color and pattern choices did limit the likeness of sims/townies and buildings. I'm thinking I would have been better off doing this in TS3, but oh well....

Everything's on the Gallery. Sims are tagged as modded because of default skin replacement (and body hair for the guys). There are a couple of houses that are tagged as modded too, but I don't understand that, as I haven't used build/buy CC in ANY house I've uploaded oO Maybe the sims cc will flag the house too...? I don't know...

Big wave to any SDV player o/

So, to present the residents first:

SO9hVV6.png
uVtLzda.png
crIB4a7.png
s9dl8x7.png

Then, the houses (external shot only):

Mayor's house
O7c1BR3.png

Blacksmith
Iwr9hKd.png

Carpenter's house
hFDrhYW.png

Elliott's shack
4m6wlXQ.png

General store and clinic
DSlkMeb.png

Haley and Emily's house
m9ZzjN2.png

Linus' "tent"
NlH6yJB.png

Leah's Cottage
W8w9q98.png

Marnie's ranch
szN6Ikh.png

Wizard's Tower
UeujUXv.png

Kent and Jodi's house
NR5lDrL.png

Stardrop Saloon
lZFqzF9.png

Pam's trailer
IVUgR2t.png

Mullner's house
eVvbtEb.png

Willy's house
lftBYOP.png

Gunther's house
pAmzgQO.png

Sandy's Oasis
9yOhVHF.png

Adventurer's Guild
zXG8fqa.png

The Farm and its owner
MInp0qh.png
Post edited by Kathykins on

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    Hello :)
    The Stardew Valley sims and the builds are very nice! You would have spent many enjoyable hours in cas and build mode creating these very special creations, They look great! I don’t play Stardew Valley so do not know the characters or buildings, but each of your creations are very special to have in the Sims 4 game :)
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    Thank you so much, Rose :) Yes, I've had lots and lots of hours building and making those sims, its a ton of fun, for sure! I've put them all in an empty Willow Creek, its a lovely neighbourhood for the Stardew "theme". Would have loved to use Granite Falls, because of the forest, but there aren't enough lots there.

Anyway, I've added Willy and Gunther, and their respective houses. Not many left now :)
  • KitsumiKitsumi Posts: 20 Member
    This is awesome! I personally love Stardew Valley, and I think it's incredible how you managed to capture the characters and buildings. Are you planning on making them available for download on the gallery? I suddenly feel the need to create a Stardew town in the Sims haha, but I highly doubt I could create something that looks as good as your creations!
    Wow, thank you, Kitsumi! :) SDV is one of my favorite games, I've had breaks but I always come back to it :D

I've just added Sandy, Mr. Qi and the Bouncer from Calico (made Qi an alien, because he's just mysterious and not quite like anyone else heh), and Marlon and Gil from the Adventurer's Guild. And of course their houses. Those are the last townies in SDV.

They are all on the Gallery (I have the same ID as my forum name here), both sims and builds. If you decide to get any of it, remember to check the Custom content box. The sims have default skin replacement and I use body hair for the guys. They should all work fine if you don't have the same CC. No house should contain any CC, but a couple of them was tagged as modded, although I have no idea HOW. I didn't use any CC in them. Wish we had an easy way to check :#

The houses are fairly simple, just boxes, really. I've also forgotten things here and there, like mailbox/trashcan for Gunther's house. Which I noticed after the house was uploaded, of course :p
  • onigirilover2onigirilover2 Posts: 22 Member
    must have taken you alot of time and effort. Looks good. Makes me wanna play some SDV right now hehe
    must have taken you alot of time and effort. Looks good. Makes me wanna play some SDV right now hehe

Thank you! haha not so much time on the houses themselves, but I lose interest when it comes to the outside and I'm not spending too much time on decoration and clutter inside either! :# I'm just terrible at it. The challenge with the sims is the lack of certain things, like Marlon's eyepatch, no purple hair colors and specific types of glasses. I could have gotten CC for it, probably, but managed to get by with what the game has to offer.

Now, the real challenge is: dragging myself away from SDV long enough to actually play the simmified version of it :D
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
  • queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    edited May 2019
    I love this! (I also love Sam.... Sam+Ophelia forevah :D)
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!
  • lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,279 Member
    This is amazing. How long did it take you?
    Jacob_Banner.png
    rosemow wrote: »
    Congratulations on your Stardew.Valley thread being highlighted in this week’s forums highlight thread! :) That is great!

My jaw is literally on the floor right now :O just popped in to the forum before bedtime, and saw your comment. I'm stunned! And thank you, Rose! :)

@queenvortex808 Sam is such a sweet guy :) whenever he says its good to see me again, I go like "awwww!" lol my favorite spot is shared between Elliot and Alex :)

@lillibattenberg ohhh I'd say....about a week. Actually checked just now, and the first screenies are done May 10. There are 38 sims (including Dusty!) and 19 houses, 20 if I count the Clinic/General store as 2 ;) I usually did the sim/s, then their house in one session. Then I had a break (or not lol) then the next sim/family.

I'm still stunned, btw :#
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Congratulations on getting featured on Friday Highlights! I actually started playing Stardew Valley just over a week ago, so this is perfect timing! Perhaps I'll try recreating it in TS4! Which lots did you place each house on?
    @Simtown15 I placed everything in Willow Creek. I have a park and a gym there also (standard Maxis lots, and there's one empty lot left. Haven't decided what to put there yet. I placed Sandy's Oasis in Oasis Springs. :)
  • cat_momcat_mom Posts: 36 Member
    I love SDV and have played it through 3 times. You have done a great job in recreating the characters and the lots.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    @Kathykins Wow all your work is just amazing. I look forward to hearing from you about your sims adventures in Stardew Valley. Keep up the beautiful work <3
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
    @cat_mom Thank you! It is a lovely game, for sure :) I always find new details I haven't noticed before, and I'm on my 10th (?) save right now, with almost 700 hours played :o

@summers Thanks a lot! and you're welcome! :D

@drakharis Thank you! It was really fun to do, and I have a little bit more work ahead before the save is ready. It's an empty save made before Cats&Dogs. Brindleton Bay, Del Sol Valley and Strangerville have not been emptied of sims and houses yet. Need to get that done before playing.

I'm also looking for another project like this :D And I have to decide HOW to play the SDV save. Only the farmer (like in SDV) or a rotational game with all the sims. Life is full of tough choices :#
  • chibiotaku4lifechibiotaku4life Posts: 1 New Member
    @Kathykins So sorry for the necro but I was wondering if you still have the villagers available on the gallery? I'm playing a save with all the stardew villagers in the cottage living world and I love yours!
    @chibiotaku4life Hey! Yes, I still have them all in my gallery. I use a skin overlay (Vanilla by Luumia), so you need to include CC. I think only Rasmodius (Wizard) has a version without CC, although that's also a vampire version of him. Haven't played that save in a long time, so haven't had the chance to make him a spellcaster yet :D
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    @Kathykins --- I love your great version of Stardew Valley (builds and characters) B)! It's very close to the game! I love to play Stardew! Congratulations on being mentioned in Friday Highlights awhile back.
    4kkjdXo.png

@coolsim9999999 Thank you! I have my fair share of hours in that game, almost 700 I think. I haven't played in a good while, been so many other games and real life stuff that keep my attention :) I'm sure there are other npc's and houses in SDV that I need to include in my SDV-sim save :D
  • Your Shane is exactly how I envision he should be. Now I wonder if he has a deep affection for the juice in your game as well... :smile: It kind of makes me want to make him in my game too.

I think there is a door in Snowy Escapes...yep, it is. Called "Now THAT'S a Door! Door" that looks an awful lot like a garage door in my opinion (I use it as one since getting the pack, it's pretty close) that might help with the Carpenter's House but overall I love the look of all the lots. It's creative and really shows your love of both games :smiley:
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,032 Member
    You're welcome @kathykins! :) The 1.5 Stardew Valley update had the new location, Ginger Island, and there are several NPCs there. :)
    4kkjdXo.png

I am getting back into the game now, playing several hours a day (again :D ) I'm playing a new save, only in my first year (fall) at the moment. Ginger Island is on my radar, but there is a lot to do before that. Not really focusing on friendships right now, want to get the community center done first. And some better equipment :)

@FiendishlyDelighted Shane is one of my absolute favourites :) I haven't played him much in sims yet. I have a feeling I need to keep him away from the juice :D But I have an urge to go back to that save now too. Several packs have been released since (think the last one was Get Famous), so there is a lot of "upgrading" I need to do :) Especially with Rasmodius! He can now be a proper spellcaster. He's currently a vampire, since I figured that's at least something magical. Now I have to decide if I cure him or not :)