Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Notre Dame de Paris (completed)

2...Next

Comments

• PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    munroele wrote: »
    They actually lost very little of the building! The only things that were lost were really the roof and spire, which was already being renovated, and very little of the original roof remained, most of it was 19th century. It was still a loss, but we actually 'lost' very little of her. It will still be expensive to repair, and we have still lost one of the windows, but the damage wasn't nearly as extensive as it has been made out to be,

It looked horrendous and extensive on the news.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited April 2019
    Yes 2/3rd of the roof and the spire are destroyed. As a parisian, it was really painful to see her burn. It's a part of us. I'm glad no one was killed and they saved the structure and towers. I took a picture of it just a two weeks ago !
    They actually lost very little of the building! The only things that were lost were really the roof and spire, which was already being renovated, and very little of the original roof remained, most of it was 19th century. It was still a loss, but we actually 'lost' very little of her. It will still be expensive to repair, and we have still lost one of the windows, but the damage wasn't nearly as extensive as it has been made out to be,
  • munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member

It looked horrendous and extensive on the news.

I've just read news that all 3 major stained glass windows made it! One will be moved for its safety, until the structure around it is guaranteed okay, but all 3 survived! The organ is okay, all artwork has survived so far, along with all relics. All statues on the roof had been moved days prior due to renovations as well!
    Only real issue now is that by conservative estimate, the repairs for the roof and spire (and any other minor fixes inside the cathedral) will be 1 billion euros.
  • AbellaKellaherAbellaKellaher Posts: 852 Member
    edited April 2019
    FabBunny wrote: »
    The recreation of Notre Dame is beautiful. I am deeply saddened by the fire that took place. Thankfully some of the historically significant objects have been saved but it does not take away from the fact that a beautiful building that has seen so many historical events has been burned down. Hopefully the recreation can begin to preserve some of it's beauty.

Like @munroele said, the main part of the building is safe. Thank goodness it's made of brick and therefor not prone to burning. In fact this isn't even the first time it's been on fire. A fire during the French revolution burnt everything but the bricks. Thankfully all of the relics and artifacts were being stored in a fire proof safe (smart smart.) Things like the thorny crown of Christ, whether you're Christian or not, is of immense historical significance. Beautiful works of art, commissioned and/or confiscated, by some of humanity's most mused artists.. I was so relieved to hear they were safe
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,765 Member
    I was sad when I learned that the Cathedral had burned. I've never seen it in person but it looked beautiful from what I've seen.
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    It will take time but it is possible to get these buildings back. York Minister is a classic example. All we can do right now is be grateful that nobody was hurt and that so much was saved from the flames. The work OP put into recreating the cathedral is amazing :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Sad to hear what happened but this is a great recreation :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    Thank you for so much reviving this thread @PHOEBESMOM601 . I missed it when it was first posted, but it is such a beautiful tribute, appreciated now more than ever.

And @stefanistic thank you for sharing your amazing build! I thought I I was looking at real life pictures for a moment, before my eyes adjusted. You've captured not only the details of the architecture, but also the feeling of majesty and serenity.

You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    :o Wow, just wow how heck built that?
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    edited April 2019
    Wow! This is beautiful! It looks very realistic.
    If you want to share couldn't you save the lot your library and upload it to mediafire?
    Really would love to download.
  • stefanisticstefanistic Posts: 46 Member
    edited April 2019
    I'm very touched that many of you have come here in remembrance of one of the greatest architectural treasures on earth. To be quite honest, I was devastated when I woke up to the news that Notre Dame was burning. You see, it happened on my birthday after I had already made plan to visit Paris for the first time on my next birthday in 2020, with Notre Dame being the first landmark I would visit upon arriving in the French capital. I was inconsolable, not because I will never get to see it as it was, but to watch her burn while thousands of miles away, I felt so small and powerless. It's unthinkable to even imagine that such a symbol would be destructable. I started to panic because the world we knew was crumbling right before our own eyes. We have been too comfortable, believing that everything would remain the same, and that every important landmark in the world would still be there waiting for us to explore one day. The burning of Notre Dame woke me up from that dream. I love this building, and I know that she will rise again one day. She's been through two world wars, two revolutions and one lunatic, she's not going to leave us now.

In coping with this, I've come back to refine and finalize my version of Notre Dame on Sims 3. I'm going to try to finish it in the next two weeks. And then I will make it available for download. Thanks again, for all your kind words and patience.

KHlfanj.jpg

CpyuEzf.jpg

nouF4OW.jpg

OeLSavv.jpg

PM034kE.jpg

@GraceyManor @Emo-usagi2187 @GreenCats @king_of_simcity7 @Bettyboop55 @FabBunny @PHOEBESMOM601 @Pary Thank you so much for all the kind words.
    Post edited by stefanistic on
    I can't get over how realistic this looks, I keep double looking to make sure I'm not looking at inspiration photos!
  • GreenCatsGreenCats Posts: 9,318 Member
    Everything you say is so true @stefanistic . And your recreation is an astonishing achievement.
    You can still find me on my old My page (http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/GreenCats), and see more of my game-play pictures and CC-free uploads at gcsims.com
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    @stefanistic It looks amazing !!

I went to see Notre-Dame the other day, it's odd to not see the roof and the spire, and she has some burnt spots but besides that she's still as beautiful.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    @stefanistic , it looks glorious. Absolutely beautiful.
    I'm so sorry that you wont get to experience Notre Dame in all her stunning glory next year. It does make us feel small and powerless when something so dreadful happens.
    Though it was tragic, I was really glad to hear about the windows, but sad about the all the woodwork that came from once primal forests and can't ever be the same.
    But my sims can experience all this beauty built by you :)
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • stefanisticstefanistic Posts: 46 Member
    edited May 2019
    I've completed building Notre Dame. I'm attaching a few interior photos because I've made a significant amount of changes to make it resemble the real thing as closely as possible. Here comes the problem though: I'm having trouble exporting the lot. When I go to Edit Town mode and click on the share button, it would fail every time. Please advise. This build contains cc and store contents. Aside from this minor setback, I'm super happy that it's finally completed and excited to share this build with you.

5ZPwnQB.jpg

NLyMF0l.jpg

iAODy1l.jpg

uJ2TsBF.jpg

B7ilvPz.jpg

ltJALok.jpg

• ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited May 2019
    It is possible to share the .package file from your library folder.

To make sure you have the right one, as it saves the lot in a file made up of letters and numbers, simply save the world or area where you've built it, exit the game and remove your Library folder to desktop or something to replace later, reload the game ( the game will generate a new library folder ) , go to the world where you saved the lot, click on it, and save a copy to the library.
    You can then just rename the package that is in the library folder ( it should be the only one in there ) and share it like that.

However, doing it this way does mean that none of the CC you have used will appear in other people games. You'd have to make a list of what you have used so that other people can download that same content and have it show up on the lot in their games.
    Store content never transfers via sims3pack anyway, so there are no worries on that score. People have to own it to have it show up.

And it looks absolutely gorgeous. Really really beautiful, what a spectacular job you've done <3
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    This is unbelievably well done and so fantastic looking. You have a great talent, it's beautiful. It looks so realistic that at first I didn't think it was in Sims 3. You should be very proud of this creation, especially in light of the recent tragedy.
    Sandraelle wrote: »
    This is unbelievably well done and so fantastic looking. You have a great talent, it's beautiful. It looks so realistic that at first I didn't think it was in Sims 3. You should be very proud of this creation, especially in light of the recent tragedy.

This ^.I keep looking to make sure I'm not looking at actual photos.
  • wen15wen15 Posts: 149 Member
    This is a beautiful recreation, expecially remarkable for someone who had never seen it IRL. The photography is superb too, It's amazing
    Manila_and_Jason_Wedding_sig.jpg
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @stefanistic : Did you ever manage to export it or to save it as a .package file the way @Pary suggested? I would really love to download this; it looks absolutely gorgeous!

Recommendations for exporting if you're still problems:
    1. Open IE (even if you never use it as your browser) and clear the cache files and internet history files. If you never use it at all, then have it clear everything including cookies. Even though YOU might not use IE, the launcher does, and sometimes it can inadvertently corrupt something in the cache, which will cause various problems.
    2. Try exporting it different ways. Some people have better luck exporting it while in Edit Town mode, and others have better luck exporting it after it has been saved to your library. Try both ways.
    3. Remove your Mods folder and try exporting it again. Any CC that's from your mods folder wouldn't get included in the upload, but something in that folder can be blocking an export.
    4. Remove all files from your Downloads, Exports, screenshots, and videos folders. Move them to another set of folders so you'll still have them.

Can't think of anything else to suggest, but I know there are more things to try. :)
  • TroyTalksTroyTalks Posts: 103 Member
    Beautiful! There are several reasons why I want to visit France. Notre Dame is one of them. I hope you find a way to share this because I'm salivating to have it in my game :D
    giphy.gif